High rise sunset

• 21 Replies
High rise sunset
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
Hi,

If the Earth is flat, can you explain how you can -

Watch the sunset at ground level fully go behind the horizon, quickly jump in a lift and go to the top of a high rise, and watch the sun as it is now visible above the horizon and sets again?

In the flat earth theory with the rotating sun, how is this possible?

Thanks.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: High rise sunset
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »
Hi,

Watch the sunset at ground level fully go behind the horizon, quickly jump in a lift and go to the top of a high rise, and watch the sun as it is now visible above the horizon and sets again?

Thanks.

Who had done this?  Perhaps it is an old wive's tale, or a college myth?  Something along the lines of blood being blue until it comes into contact with air?

JackBlack

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 01:10:03 AM »
Hi,

Thanks.

Who had done this?  Perhaps it is an old wive's tale, or a college myth?  Something along the lines of blood being blue until it comes into contact with air?
Multiple people at the Burj Khalifa.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 01:14:29 AM »
Hi,

Thanks.

Citation, please. 

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 01:18:49 AM »
Hi,

Thanks.

lots of people. Hotels in Dubai for example and so on.

I'm sure you don't believe this, but I don't think anyone really cares what you believe any more since you cannot prove it to anyone. Even your 100m photograph was a massive and epic FAIL.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 01:54:28 AM »
Citation, please.
Maybe not the Burj Khalifa. This is only 1147 ft high, but it still shows two sunsets.

Flat Earth or Globe? Yes the Horizon does drop when the Drone climbs to 1147 ft. Wolfie6020

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 03:38:33 AM »
Regardless of what you may read on this preposterous website, the earth is, indeed spherical.

The entire flat earth model(s) relies on worldwide conspiracy involving dozens of countries, and every space agency around the globe.

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 05:21:10 AM »
Citation, please.
Maybe not the Burj Khalifa. This is only 1147 ft high, but it still shows two sunsets.

Flat Earth or Globe? Yes the Horizon does drop when the Drone climbs to 1147 ft. Wolfie6020

Looks fake to me.  Do you have any proof that does not look fake?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 05:28:06 AM »
Do you have any evidence that is is not completely genuine?

But you look totally fake to me. Do you have any proof that you are not fake?

The whole Flat Earth Hypothesis looks totally fake to me.  Do you have any proof that it is not pure fiction?
I have given plenty of evidence that the FEH has no resemblance to reality.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 05:34:36 AM »
Do you have any evidence that is is not completely genuine?

But you look totally fake to me. Do you have any proof that you are not fake?

The whole Flat Earth Hypothesis looks totally fake to me.  Do you have any proof that it is not pure fiction?
I have given plenty of evidence that the FEH has no resemblance to reality.

JK, i did not even watch it.  As for me being fake, I readily admit that my intelligence is artificial.  lol

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 05:41:34 AM »
Citation, please.

standard reply of an flatard.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them
they say its fake, without any explanation and evidence for their claim.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 05:47:40 AM »
Citation, please.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them

Are you satirically impaired?  I thought people would laugh about my post.  Apparently, French Canadians have no sense of humor. 

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 06:29:38 AM »
Citation, please.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them

Are you satirically impaired?  I thought people would laugh about my post.  Apparently, French Canadians have no sense of humor.

you proven again to be without any knowledge and assuming a lot.

i laughed a lot about you stupid posts and how they all get proven wrong
and also i am not a french canadian.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 06:34:30 AM »
Citation, please.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them

Whoosh!  Over your head. 

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 06:41:55 AM »
Citation, please.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them

Whoosh!  Over your head.

yes over your empty head  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »
Citation, please.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them

Whoosh!  Over your head.

Because I like you, I will let you know that 1. There is nothing wrong with being French Canadian.  2. I have never believed you are French Canadian.  And 3.  It is hilarious to watch you get upset about being accused of being French Canadian. 

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 06:51:37 AM »
Citation, please.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them

Whoosh!  Over your head.

Because I like you, I will let you know that 1. There is nothing wrong with being French Canadian.  2. I have never believed you are French Canadian.  And 3.  It is hilarious to watch you get upset about being accused of being French Canadian.

and there you are wrong again, i am not upset i have a tons of fun.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 06:56:10 AM »
Citation, please.

they ask for evidence
you show it to them

Whoosh!  Over your head.

and there you are wrong again, i am not upset i have a tons of fun.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I pretend you speak French, and you pretend that you don't.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
Ignore jro, he never adds anything to the discussion and will only attempt to derail your thread.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 11:01:14 AM »
Main response will probably be "Prove it." With the likes of the Burj Khalifa, you'd need a good view of the horizon despite all the buildings around you, and a seriously fast lift. (And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if actually you just see the Sun setting behind house-level at the bottom, and ground-level at the top. It's a tourist trap, not a scientific study).
It's a fun question though, if there are reliable accounts of the Sun setting behind the horizon, rather than behind ground-level hills etc that you can just ignore at heights.
If those are supplied, most FE models would falter as they ought to have the opposite effect; the closer you get to the Sun, especially when it's a fair horizontal distance away, the harder it is to see the lit face of the spotlight. The model that has the best chance of an answer is probably Davis' non-Euclidean model.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »
Ignore jro, he never adds anything to the discussion and will only attempt to derail your thread.
But surely everyone must concede that JRoa must get a Gold Logie for most proficient derailer of threads!

JRoa King of the DERAILERS
But, I really doubt that there is ever any point even responding to his posts, except in fun!
He never seems to actually post anything that is relevant to the point of the topic.
Still, one can admire his expertise at keeping discussion away from the numerous weaknesses and fallacies of his Discworld Fantasy!
Though, when you look at the models, Discworld is far more internally consistent the this Society's Flat Earth Fantasy!

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 08:03:07 PM »
But surely everyone must concede that JRoa must get a Gold Logie for most proficient derailer of threads!

JRoa King of the DERAILERS
But, I really doubt that there is ever any point even responding to his posts, except in fun!
He never seems to actually post anything that is relevant to the point of the topic.
Still, one can admire his expertise at keeping discussion away from the numerous weaknesses and fallacies of his Discworld Fantasy!
Though, when you look at the models, Discworld is far more internally consistent the this Society's Flat Earth Fantasy!

Derailer, yes. But I think brainless fool might be more accurate.