Very public viewing of rocket landing

• 52 Replies
Very public viewing of rocket landing
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
You are going to have to accept the fact that these rockets are landing. You don't deny airplanes landing and soon rocket landings will be normal.

Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Very public viewing of rocket landing
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »
Yep, rockets go up and they come down too.
Kinda cool they now come down and land on solid ground
instead of falling in the ocean.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:52:37 AM »
I mean, I think FEers object more to the question of where the rockets go, than whether they exist.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
I mean, I think FEers object more to the question of where the rockets go, than whether they exist.
However, there are some (including an RE'er or two) who question whether rockets can return to where they came from.  This begs the question that if FE'ers accept that SpaceX is really recovering boosters, then does that mean that they would have to accept videos from those boosters showing a curved horizon?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 11:23:03 AM »
However, there are some (including an RE'er or two) who question whether rockets can return to where they came from.  This begs the question that if FE'ers accept that SpaceX is really recovering boosters, then does that mean that they would have to accept videos from those boosters showing a curved horizon?
They'd accept them the same way they accept amateur footage showing such. Fisheye lenses, unclear footage, optical illusions, etc etc.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »
They'd accept them the same way they accept amateur footage showing such. Fisheye lenses, unclear footage, optical illusions, etc etc.

What's with this obsession with fish eye lenses ? Do you know what a fish eye lense is?
Do you have any notion of the effect on the resolved image such a lens might have?

Do you have the spec of the camera and lens combination used to film the footage?

And what might be the nature of the optical illusion created....please enlighten. it's just I know a few small things about cameras and lenses....and am wondering what you may be referring to.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 01:17:58 PM »
If you don't know what a fish eye lens is, then I would have to say you'd statement of "knowing a few small things" is incorrect.

Google is your friend.
Searching here is your friend.
Knowledge is not apparently.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »
If you don't know what a fish eye lens is, then I would have to say you'd statement of "knowing a few small things" is incorrect.

Google is your friend.
Searching here is your friend.
Knowledge is not apparently.

So pray tell...enlighten us with your optical knowledge.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »
Lurk moar

EDIT: I'm jk. I had to look at each of our sign-up dates before I wrote that and I was laughing to myself. But on a serious note, there are some very vocal flat-earthers that think the entire thing is a David Copperfield (or G.O.B.) magic trick.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:43:07 PM by FlatOrange »

?

dutchy

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 02:49:16 PM »
flatearther : why can we not see or measure the curvature ?
Glober : We have evidence of the globe in abundance, but you don't understand how big this earth actually is to detect curvature !

flatearther : why do rockets make a very obvious arc so near to the ground ....are they heading for the ocean or something ?
glober : because rockets have to allign with their orbit, therefor you see the rocket making a curved path so soon.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »
You are going to have to accept the fact that these rockets are landing. You don't deny airplanes landing and soon rocket landings will be normal.

What the hell is this 3 second video supposed to be showing?

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 11:52:38 PM »

Earlier versions of you very likely made similar comments regarding airplanes. Go ahead and deny it for now, but sooner or later this will be common place and you will see it for yourself with your own eyes.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 11:56:05 PM »

Earlier versions of you very likely made similar comments regarding airplanes. Go ahead and deny it for now, but sooner or later this will be common place and you will see it for yourself with your own eyes.
So tell me what I'm supposed to be looking at in this 3 second video?
Tell me why you dishonest people can only show a 3 second video that shows nothing.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 12:18:54 AM »

So tell me what I'm supposed to be looking at in this 3 second video?
Tell me why you dishonest people can only show a 3 second video that shows nothing.

I haven't watched the video and I'm not dishonest. But rockets taking off and landing will likely become common place. What are you going to say then?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 02:14:43 AM »

I haven't watched the video and I'm not dishonest. But rockets taking off and landing will likely become common place. What are you going to say then?
I don't really need to say anything because what you are saying means nothing.
I could tell you that stuffed teddy bears will come to life and fly rockets into space and it will become common place.
It means nothing.
So if you are not dishonest then stop acting like it.

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 03:06:57 AM »
Hey, first post :D

How about this video of the same landing?

Although it seems a professional broadcast, it isn't. It was live streamed to Twitch.tv by a gamer that went all the way to Cape Canaveral to film the launch/landing.

So, are gamers without any real resources (as in, without being filthy rich) also in the conspiracy? How does one fake a live stream to twitch.tv while answering to the chat?

The link above is just a cut of the landing, but if you go to this one:

You'll get the whole video, uncut, from launch to landing.

If anyone wants the link of the VOD on twitch, with the chat, i can provide the link as well.

Please explain the conspiracy

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 04:46:04 AM »

I have to agree with scepti. I didn't actually watch the vid posted till now. What the hell?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 05:25:26 AM »

I have to agree with scepti. I didn't actually watch the vid posted till now. What the hell?
There are links to lots of much better videos of the takeoff and landing at the end of the video.  I'm not sure why the OP didn't use one of those instead.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »

I don't really need to say anything because what you are saying means nothing.
I could tell you that stuffed teddy bears will come to life and fly rockets into space and it will become common place.
It means nothing.
So if you are not dishonest then stop acting like it.

What the hell did I say that was dishonest?

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »
Rent-a-Crowd need to step their game up.
It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 04:00:17 PM »
flatearther : why can we not see or measure the curvature ?
Glober : We have evidence of the globe in abundance, but you don't understand how big this earth actually is to detect curvature !

flatearther : why do rockets make a very obvious arc so near to the ground ....are they heading for the ocean or something ?
glober : because rockets have to allign with their orbit, therefor you see the rocket making a curved path so soon.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Exactly.  Reasonable, logical, direct answers.

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 10:39:54 PM »
Thanks, Cenas for the videos you posted.

In response to the length of the video I posted: you're right, it's short, seems as though they were just some amateurs recording  ::)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 11:46:54 PM »

In response to the length of the video I posted: you're right, it's short, seems as though they were just some amateurs recording  ::)
It's 3 seconds, so what's your game?
As for your amateurs. They are the usual over the top little actors trying to pretend they're just random space nuts managing to get all the lift off and landing footage as close as they could to the launch, as they, or he tells us.

Then you have the other few stragglers that are milling around for this supposed fantastic placement to be, for a launch.

The random amateur with his spaceX t-shirt on.
You seem to do this a lot. You appear to plant the dog shit and then cover it with paper and set it alight, knowing people will come and try to stamp on it so you can sit back chuckling.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 12:32:20 AM »

It's 3 seconds, so what's your game?
Summat wrong with FlatOrange's link, try this:

SpaceX CRS-11: Falcon 9 First Stage Landing, 3 June 2017, SciNews
Hope that's better.
Someone's motto seems to be: "If you can't understand it, ridicule it!"
I wonder who that is?

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 01:02:46 AM »
Flat earth people must really hate Space-X, and all the launches they are doing as every launch makes  their beliefs thinner and thinner. The only option they have is to resort to ridicule, which makes them look even more ludicrous than they already are.

Great film by the way, and credit to Space X for a real engineering triumph.

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 03:08:40 AM »
Ha ha ha, spacesex.
It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 03:15:03 AM »
Ha ha ha, spacesex.

....and right on cue.....just as predicted.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 04:44:11 AM »
Ha ha ha, spacesex.
Maybe, but this one comes down again, but they seem to have forgotten a bit and left it up there!

Didn't someone say, "If ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise!".
You too seem to have the motto: 8) "If you can't understand it, ridicule it!" 8)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 04:45:13 AM »
You too seem to have the motto: 8) "If you can't understand it, ridicule it!" 8)
...You really don't want to be the one to say that.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 04:58:45 AM »
...You really don't want to be the one to say that.
I think it was clear enough whom the "you" referred to.