Are you really expecting us to believe this?

• 49 Replies

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
Are you really expecting us to believe this?
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »
Are you FES really expecting us to believe this FE theory?

Does promoting FE theory seem reasonable to you?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
Re: Are you really expecting us to believe this?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:29:03 PM »
Usually threads like this are started by people with about five posts.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:37:10 AM »

Sometimes it's worth going back to first principles and asking such a basic question. The overwhelming majority of threads on this site are on topics that are pretty irrelevant when it comes to trying to prove anything regarding the shape of the earth. What is always forgotten is the mountains of evidence that point to the world being a sphere and the no evidence of it being anything else.

The first level fatuous argument often used by flat earthers is the 'believing what my eyes tell me'. I'm afraid the unaided eyes will tell anyone very little about the world. I always think this line of argument shows just how narrow minded flat earth believers are. If you make a list of all the things we can't see, but know must exist is pretty long; wifi signals, radio waves, atoms, electricity, lines of magnetic force, living cells......I hope you get the idea.

The second level of fatuous argument is to reject the whole of the world's scientific knowledge and its many thousands of institutions, many millions of workers, researchers and scientists......they would have you reject this accumulated knowledge in favour of some piece of nonsense put together by someone like JRowe. Think for a moment the implications and exactly what they are asking people to swallow. On the one hand the accumulated knowledge of mankind with all its evidence and proofs......and on the other JRowe with his half baked, the sun is made of stone and metal and sits in the centre of the earth.  dwell on that thought, chew it over and think about how likely it is! Or they do what JDavis is known for, dressing some spurious belief up in smarmy pseudoscientific drapery and expect people to believe it, because he says so.

The third level of fatuous argument to try and throw up a smokescreen and discredit world knowledge is the multifaceted conspiracy they claim permeates the globe, with 10 or 20 people controlling the who show, who by slight of hand keep over 9bn people in the dark!
Anyone who knows anything about politics, local, national or world will see how totally ludicus this is.

The fourth level is the specific one regarding space flight and everything astronomical. The way that they see it is they have to reject any notion of space flight, satellites, space telescopes ground based telescopes in fact anything space related. Currently there are 100s of satellites orbiting our planet as well as hundreds, possibly thousands of ground based telescopes of all types from microwave receivers through to X-ray receivers all receiving and beaming back data. The amount of data is anyone's guess but is must be in the terabyte per second. Flatearthers  ask their followers to believe that all this data is a hoax and CGI.
They tell their followers that every image taken by probes over the last 50 years or so has been faked. The recent Juno mission to name but one which is about to plunge into Saturn at the end of August is a fake as was the recent Philae lander. If you missed this it was a roboticlander that accompanied the Rosetta spacecraft until it separated to land on comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko. It was a project by ESA. Each project takes many hundreds of people each working for 10 or even 20 years on the one project. The time scales from design to mission completion on these project are often career length.
Flat earth belief expects out and out rejection of all of this.

The fifth  level of fatuous argument is for them to claim they are free thinkers and the non believers are gullable sheep........when the truth of the matter is they are the gullable ones.

The common thread going through all this is flat earthers never present first hand low entropy evidence. Why?  Because no evidence exists, it's impossible. Instead they rely on a diet of sugary misinformation the the less well educated and gullible will unthinkingly lap up because it tastes so sweet. The fact that it is nonesense is neither here nor there as it gives these poor unfortunates a feeling of elevation and superiority over other people, as they imagine they know the truth.

In reality all of the flat earth is one big lie built on misinformation, deception, and belief in elaborate conspiracy,no matter how they would like to spin it. At the end of the day we each have a choice on what we each want to believe. All I'm asking you all to do is consider what in all probability is likely to be true.

All of the accumulated science and knowledge of the world

OR

Flat earth belief.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:50:42 AM »

I wondered about the same thing!

Maybe this is the first after-shock... it took a while though!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 04:02:02 AM »

Aftershock of what...realisation?

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 04:35:09 AM »

It took him almost 250 posts to realize that!
It took me longer to realize where I was going...  ;D
Getting back on the right track - not to worry!

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 04:50:45 AM »

So, where are you going Hannibaal? You are a mysterious one. When I read your post, I see a lot of logic, but also spirituality in it. I can agree with you most of the time, but yet...I can't tell whether you are a flattie or a roundie.
So what is the deal? how do you see yourself?
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 04:53:15 AM »

Yes, I guess Hannibaal and his elephants are a bit slow, :) but they certainly seem to plod along and get there in the end! :)
:) Better the torioise than the hare:)

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »

So, where are you going Hannibaal? You are a mysterious one. When I read your post, I see a lot of logic, but also spirituality in it. I can agree with you most of the time, but yet...I can't tell whether you are a flattie or a roundie.
So what is the deal? how do you see yourself?

Before I tell you where am I going, I'd like to tell you first where I came from!

I come from a very rich family, very educated and very religious!
We have traces of Jewish, Christian & Muslim religions in our family - at young age I thought I'd live a very complicated life, but this variety turned out to be a blessing to me when I grew up.

Somehow my family managed to combine religion, science and space exploration passion in one belief, and so did I.
I graduated 30 years ago from one of the best technology institutions in the USA, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Now I have a company for solar energy and a partner with Chinese manufacturers for solar panels and LED lights.
I am happily married and I have two lovely daughters - one of them is a Nasa freak and the other is into fashion.

The shape of the earth was never an issue in my family, even for the very religious ones - in fact they all believe as billions
other humans that earth is a globe that belongs to a bigger solar system which in turn belongs to a much bigger system, and so did I all my life.

When I heard of the flat earth issue, at first I thought it was a funny joke and one of the many conspiracy theories we hear about over the net - until I realized the magnitude of this campaign was too big to be a joke!
I asked myself many times; how could they question what we have believed in all our lives and how dare they want to change our reality with few theories that have no scientific basis.

I couldn't find the answers from where I was standing, so I had to wear a FE shoe to see where FE's stand, I had to change my contact lenses to see how they see things, I had to speak their language to understand their logic, I needed to know why are they so angry at everybody, and I wanted to convince myself I wasn't living a lie (because I prefer to die and not to wake up into that kind of false reality).

The shoe didn't fit and I got blisters all over my feet, the ground beneath me was not solid and slippery, the view around me is blurry and fuzzy, the language FE speak is encrypted and far from being logical, and where in hell is all that science we learned all of our lives, generation after generation?

I simply had to get out of my cloths for a while to appreciate what I had on me, and to realize the kind of blessing upon us when living in a world that speaks one clear language - the language of science!

I had to show myself how wrong am I, and how right was I!
Very few have the courage to do that, and I'm glad I'm among the few!

So, Napoleon, I'm no mystery at all and certainly not going anywhere, because earth is home and open space is our final frontier!

My sincere apologies if I'd shown any disrespect to anyone - and I assure you it wasn't intended!
I might stick around for a little more "barefooted"  ;D - listening and learning from your arguments, hoping one day the rest of the world would appreciate the blessings of knowledge.

God bless you all...

Third3ye

• Not a Globe retard
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »

I don't think this site was made for you idiot, does it seem reasonable to you and other round earthers to join a site just to disagree with someone else's belief that you deem crazy? How crazy is that?

Hamzah

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 02:00:14 PM »
I don't think this site was made for you idiot, does it seem reasonable to you and other round earthers to join a site just to disagree with someone else's belief that you deem crazy? How crazy is that?

Does it seem reasonable for us to join this site? Yes, it does. There is a lot of educated people here, even the flatties seem to be educated. Do they really believe in the flat earth, I don't think so.
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 01:27:52 AM »

Yes, I guess Hannibaal and his elephants are a bit slow, :) but they certainly seem to plod along and get there in the end! :)
:) Better the torioise than the hare:)

I have to admit; the "elephants" were a bad idea from my adviser > I didn't cut his head though - one of the elephants crushed it while sliding on the Alps!  ;D

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 02:00:39 AM »

Before I tell you where am I going, I'd like to tell you first where I came from!

I come from a very rich family, very educated and very religious!
We have traces of Jewish, Christian & Muslim religions in our family - at young age I thought I'd live a very complicated life, but this variety turned out to be a blessing to me when I grew up.

Somehow my family managed to combine religion, science and space exploration passion in one belief, and so did I.
I graduated 30 years ago from one of the best technology institutions in the USA, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Now I have a company for solar energy and a partner with Chinese manufacturers for solar panels and LED lights.
I am happily married and I have two lovely daughters - one of them is a Nasa freak and the other is into fashion.

The shape of the earth was never an issue in my family, even for the very religious ones - in fact they all believe as billions
other humans that earth is a globe that belongs to a bigger solar system which in turn belongs to a much bigger system, and so did I all my life.

When I heard of the flat earth issue, at first I thought it was a funny joke and one of the many conspiracy theories we hear about over the net - until I realized the magnitude of this campaign was too big to be a joke!
I asked myself many times; how could they question what we have believed in all our lives and how dare they want to change our reality with few theories that have no scientific basis.

I couldn't find the answers from where I was standing, so I had to wear a FE shoe to see where FE's stand, I had to change my contact lenses to see how they see things, I had to speak their language to understand their logic, I needed to know why are they so angry at everybody, and I wanted to convince myself I wasn't living a lie (because I prefer to die and not to wake up into that kind of false reality).

The shoe didn't fit and I got blisters all over my feet, the ground beneath me was not solid and slippery, the view around me is blurry and fuzzy, the language FE speak is encrypted and far from being logical, and where in hell is all that science we learned all of our lives, generation after generation?

I simply had to get out of my cloths for a while to appreciate what I had on me, and to realize the kind of blessing upon us when living in a world that speaks one clear language - the language of science!

I had to show myself how wrong am I, and how right was I!
Very few have the courage to do that, and I'm glad I'm among the few!

So, Napoleon, I'm no mystery at all and certainly not going anywhere, because earth is home and open space is our final frontier!

My sincere apologies if I'd shown any disrespect to anyone - and I assure you it wasn't intended!
I might stick around for a little more "barefooted"  ;D - listening and learning from your arguments, hoping one day the rest of the world would appreciate the blessings of knowledge.

God bless you all...
I can understand that. I also tried to figure out why a FE-er believes in what he believes without any evidence, facts or science backing it up.
How FE-ers can deny or just ignore some very simple to make observations and come up with arguments which even contradicts these observations.
How they deep inside know very well that their arguments are not correct and still believe in them...or worse...
how they deliberately facricate false evidence to proof there misplaced arguments.

I don't think that we, the "normal GE-ers" can't understand that. I believe that there are more factors involved than only believe in a FE or not. I believe you need a certain mindset for that to understand, you may need some events happened in your past which resulted in your disbelief or distrust in science, the system. you have the needs to be different, or special, or you want people who see you as someone with spectacular views and crazy ideas...ideas which never crossed their minds.

in my young years I had this insane thought / urge to never go through a hole or opening...and if I went through it, i forced myself to go back out through the same opening. This was not practical at all. I needed to go back through the same doors etc. but until a certain age I was able to avoid that as much as possible.

when I got my drivers license though, this suddenly became unavoidable, because there are a lot of tunnels, viaducts, bridges, portals to drive through, and you can't drive back through the same hole because its on the highway or only one way traffic or something....but then suddenly it didn't matter anymore...i just grew out of this urge automatically.

I don't expect anyone to understand me why I had this urge, I don't even understand it myself completely...but I just had it.
I think being a FE-er is something similar...
not logical, not scientifical...you can't put on a FE-shoe...because you can't chose to be a FE-er...there is nothing to understand...you either are a FE-er or not.
Just like you can't choose to have this urge of mine not to go through openings.

They are not less humans than us...it's just their minds functions a little different than ours....
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 02:58:09 AM »
I can understand that. I also tried to figure out why a FE-er believes in what he believes without any evidence, facts or science backing it up.
How FE-ers can deny or just ignore some very simple to make observations and come up with arguments which even contradicts these observations.
How they deep inside know very well that their arguments are not correct and still believe in them...or worse...
how they deliberately facricate false evidence to proof there misplaced arguments.

I don't think that we, the "normal GE-ers" can't understand that. I believe that there are more factors involved than only believe in a FE or not. I believe you need a certain mindset for that to understand, you may need some events happened in your past which resulted in your disbelief or distrust in science, the system. you have the needs to be different, or special, or you want people who see you as someone with spectacular views and crazy ideas...ideas which never crossed their minds.

in my young years I had this insane thought / urge to never go through a hole or opening...and if I went through it, i forced myself to go back out through the same opening. This was not practical at all. I needed to go back through the same doors etc. but until a certain age I was able to avoid that as much as possible.

when I got my drivers license though, this suddenly became unavoidable, because there are a lot of tunnels, viaducts, bridges, portals to drive through, and you can't drive back through the same hole because its on the highway or only one way traffic or something....but then suddenly it didn't matter anymore...i just grew out of this urge automatically.

I don't expect anyone to understand me why I had this urge, I don't even understand it myself completely...but I just had it.
not logical, not scientifical...you can't put on a FE-shoe...because you can't chose to be a FE-er...there is nothing to understand...you either are a FE-er or not.
Just like you can't choose to have this urge of mine not to go through openings.

They are not less humans than us...it's just their minds functions a little different than ours....

They're angry people looking for a change in reality!
I can assure you none of them truly believe or care if earth is flat or not - they just need to change reality; each for his own reasons.

ِAnger is the result of suppression - whether it's religious, political, economical, family affairs, or simply being lost with no specific target and goal in life.

That wasn't the case with me, but I truly needed to see how would things look like from their perspective, and that's why I came up with the above mentioned conclusion about FE.

When the same debate took place a century ago, the world was looking for some kind of change, similar to our days, regardless what they were debating about.

I know, you know and any sane person would know that nothing is gonna change, even if this debate would take another 10 years or if it would continue for the next century - none of the FE's are smarter than the millions of scientists around the globe; that leave no chance for doubt in the smallest manners.

If FE want to prove their case, they have to come up with a totally different science than the one in our hands, because all the science available support the globe model. > And I don't think they're willing to go that far...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 04:06:56 AM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can assure you none of them truly believe or care if earth is flat or not - they just need to change reality; each for his own reasons.
ِ. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If FE want to prove their case, they have to come up with a totally different science than the one in our hands, because all the science available support the globe model. > And I don't think they're willing to go that far...
What can I say, but thanks to both of you? To, Hannibaal, of course I did not know rhe "whole story", I thought it was something like that, and that you just needed the time to sort things out. I hope I was not too hard on you at the start.

I have been trying to get over the message that the "modern flat earth movement" was started as at attempt to could ter evolution.
The trouble is that there is no connection between the "evolution/creation" question and the "flat earth/globe earth" issue.
The whole thing has simply got out of hand, with flat earthers being "forced" to effectively claim that probably millions are deceiving the rest of the population.

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 04:46:43 AM »

Does it seem reasonable for us to join this site? Yes, it does. There is a lot of educated people here, even the flatties seem to be educated. Do they really believe in the flat earth, I don't think so.
I do.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 04:47:47 AM »

ِAnger is the result of suppression - whether it's religious, political, economical, family affairs, or simply being lost with no specific target and goal in life.

That wasn't the case with me, but I truly needed to see how would things look like from their perspective, and that's why I came up with the above mentioned conclusion about FE.

When the same debate took place a century ago, the world was looking for some kind of change, similar to our days, regardless what they were debating about.

I know, you know and any sane person would know that nothing is gonna change, even if this debate would take another 10 years or if it would continue for the next century - none of the FE's are smarter than the millions of scientists around the globe; that leave no chance for doubt in the smallest manners.

Appreciate what you wrote, but I do believe the Earth is flat.

Do I care?

Nope.

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 04:52:10 AM »
To Totallacky.....with all the problems the world faces, why do you maintain the earth is flat when there's no evidence for it. In fact all the evidence points to it being a sphere!

I really find it hard to  understand why people would choose such a belief!

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 05:01:03 AM »
To Totallacky.....with all the problems the world faces, why do you maintain the earth is flat when there's no evidence for it. In fact all the evidence points to it being a sphere!

Your question presupposes I view problems the way you view problems, does it not?

It also presupposes my world view is a potential aggravating factor when considering these "problems?"

How?

All the evidence does not point to a sphere.

All the evidence is interpreted and pushed that way and has been for some time.

Hamzah

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
I do.

If so, does promoting FE belief seem reasonable to you?

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 01:00:35 PM »
I do.

If so, does promoting FE belief seem reasonable to you?
It seems reasonable to me to post my views on this message board.

That is the name of the message board:

The Flat Earth Society.

Other than that, it is not like I have a wall of reporters banging at my door asking me for my views on the shape of the Earth.

Have you encountered these reporters?

What promotional activities has you been up to as far as world shape other than your writings here?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 04:54:52 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 01:36:24 PM »

Your question presupposes I view problems the way you view problems, does it not?

It also presupposes my world view is a potential aggravating factor when considering these "problems?"

How?

No no no...you need to drop the 'all being duped' line of argument and offer some hard nosed evidence that supports your claim.

It will have to be good evidence mind you.

Hamzah

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 04:25:01 PM »
It seems reasonable to me to post my views on this message board.

Sure. Are you really expecting us to belief your theory?

Other than that, it is not like a have a wall of reporters banging at my door asking me for my views on the shape of the Earth.

Have you encountered these reporters?

No, because the earth is round, at list that's what 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people believe in anyways.

What promotional activities has you been up to as far as world shape other than your writings here?

Well, I was kind of promoting this video for awhile on internet forum signatures.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:29:10 PM by sovietchild »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »

Are you really expecting us [...me] to belief your theory?

Has anyone asked you to?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 04:10:30 AM »

252 posts and you decide to come out with this.
Deary me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 04:21:53 AM »

Yes. Now go home and write 'I believe in the flat earth' 1000 times!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 04:38:08 AM »
Looks like Hannibaal weakened.
The masses finally broke him/her down.
Whether Hannibaal was just testing things out or not, only he/she really knows.

When you're up against the mentality of the people on this forum in their global frenzy, it's easy for the genuine alternate/flat Earth theorists to strengthen their stance, because their logic should dictate that the traffic flowing through is down to desperation to keep a globe alive, rather than merely brushing past a supposed irrelevant theory to them.

Any more weaklings out there?
A word to the weak. If you start to see flaws in the globe and decide to argue it, then get stronger and follow your nose and do not look back or be diverted back.
You question the globe for a reason and that reason is because your logical, once brainwashed mind has finally managed to take one peek outside of that box it was placed in.

When you open the door from the dark room to the light, you do not allow that door to slam shut back onto you. You adjust your eyes to the reality of what is beyond that door and not be brainwashed into believing you are much more safer and catered for in your dark environment.

Don't go weak like Hannibaal.

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 04:55:50 AM »

How?

No no no...you need to drop the 'all being duped' line of argument and offer some hard nosed evidence that supports your claim.

It will have to be good evidence mind you.
Where have I said "duped," in my post?

What claim?

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 06:03:17 AM »
Don't go weak like Hannibaal.
Yeah, you stay strong, brah.  The world needs you.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 07:18:17 AM »

No, I don't expect you to believe FE theory.

Talking about FE theory on the FES forums seems reasonable. What did you expect us to talk about?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.