I think I have been Converted to FE

• 33 Replies
I think I have been Converted to FE
« on: May 29, 2017, 07:51:06 PM »
Could this single important discovery and simple experiment end the ball earth madness for you also ?

I have used levels most of my life and never thought of doing what this guy did to prove flat earth. For people like jackblack i await your excuses and explanation for this.  I wondered why the artificial horizon in airplanes are kept in a glass ball and think its just more indoctrinating and imprinting.

This guy is going to change the world view literally

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
Re: I think I have been Converted to FE
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 08:11:20 PM »
The poor dog didn't want to be caught any where near that joke of an experiment lol. Can't say I blame him.

Want proof that the earth isn't flat? How about a time lapse of the control stick of an airplane in straight and level flight? See? If the earth was a pizza he would have to be constantly banking either right or left or he would soon be headed for the ice wall! But look! No banking consistently in one direction! Clear evidence that the earth cannot be flat!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Purely_Theoretical

• Your eyeballs are not a precision instrument
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
Why should the bubble in the level ever move?
Gravity always points towards the center of the earth. Hang a plumb bob off the ground. The plumb bob shows you the direction of down. If your level is perpendicular to that direction, the bubble stays in the center of the level. If your level is at any angle other than 90 degrees from the direction of down, the bubble moves to one side. An airplane continuously pitches down to maintain level flight throughout. Said another way, the rate at which the pitch angle of the plane changes is the same rate at which the angle of the plumb bob changes in fixed space. If that is happening, then the plane is following the curve without gaining or losing altitude.
Nullius in Verba

"All models are wrong,
but some are useful"
-George E.P. Box

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
-Harlan Ellison

Mikey T.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
Oh yeah this is super convincing, not.  Jesus, how hard is it to grasp the concept of level being perpendicular to the center of gravity, how a plane actually flies, or the fact that you, that level, the entire plane is so tiny when compared to the size of the Earth this doesn't prove anything.  Hell I doubt it could give you any reasonable accuracy as to the pitch of the plane on takeoff or decent.
If this is the gold star evidence for FE, then I weep for the lost hours of time people put into this BS notion.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »
Another point. A plane has more ways of altering its altitude than pitch change. It's possible to remain level while landing. In fact, planes are almost always pitched slightly up as they are touching down.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 09:15:33 PM »
Um, guys?  Obvious troll is obvious?

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 09:25:55 PM »
I don't know about the OP but I'm pretty sure the YouTuber is serious. Either way, I still think it's hilarious that the dog wanted out of the frame so badly! ;D ;D

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 10:09:42 PM »
Could this single important discovery and simple experiment end the ball earth madness for you also ?
No!

Quote from: Semnomic
I have used levels most of my life and never thought of doing what this guy did to prove flat earth. For people like jackblack i await your excuses and explanation for this.  I wondered why the artificial horizon in airplanes are kept in a glass ball and think its just more indoctrinating and imprinting.
What on earth do you mean with "the artificial horizon in airplanes are kept in a glass ball"?
There are no secrets about how an artificial horizon works, though there has been plenty of garbage by flat earthers on the topic!
Look it up yourself: Aviation Stack Exchange , How are attitude indicators kept accurate?.
I gave a summary in How Amunsden knew he was on the south pole? « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
But, facts won't satisfy you. It's all a Conspiracy here, and a Conspiracy there, Here a Conspiracy there a Conspiracy, everywhere a Conspiracy,

No, he's not! All he shows is that the plane is flying level. Big deal!

Of course, his level stays showing horizontal! Vertical on earth points to the centre and the local horizontal is always at 90° to that. End of story.

It could be said "that the plane tilts down", but that is nothing more than staying at the same altitude.
And it is so slight that any control movements are completely swamped by the little changes needed to compensate for air movement, etc.
You might look at:

Do aircraft pitch down to follow the curvature of the Earth? Wolfie6020
and Wolfie6020 flies corporate jets all over that world, so might really know what he is saying.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »
Yeah dumb experiments like this don't help FE "evidence" gatherers. I'm all for people seeking out evidence, but let's aim a bit higher, for the the harder stuff that matters. As other people have said here, it remaining level means very little. Consider this - would you want to be on a plane that constantly dips up and down? No. And clearly no one's watched a plane take off or land - the nose is always up.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 11:52:49 PM »
This is wrong and plane stupid :P on so many levels
Why would the plane even need to pitch down?
The pilot doesn't need to correct anything.
see it like this:
Plane flies level. a certain speed of the plane corresponds with a certain lift resulting in a certain height.
Due to curvature the plane would fly higher, but it can't because higher means less lift with the same speed, resulting the plane laws of nature correct this all by itself. The pilot doesn't have to correct anything.
The bubble of the spirit level doesn't have to leave the center at all. Even if the plane does need to pitch down to correct...you won't be able to see that with a spirit level because the direction of "gravity" also changes. the center of mass is no longer straigt down, but somewhere behind you. by pitching down you make sure that the center of mass is straight below you again.
In other words: the spirit level shows "level" BECAUSE the plane "pitches" down.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

JackBlack

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:58 AM »
Are you serious?
Firstly, how did they guy figure out what the angle of that tray was relative to the plane?
For all we know the plane could have been pointing significantly up or down the entire time.
Not only that, this guy might want to learn what level means. Having the bubble move around a bunch is not an indication that it is level.

Regardless, why does the plane need to tilt down?
If it was going to go higher (to follow the straight line) it would need to go to a higher gravitational potential, which would require it to have more lift than weight.
If they balance the lift and weight adequately, they continue flying straight.

What he would actually need is a rotational accelerator/gyroscope which is capable of detecting a turning motion.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 01:38:53 AM »
This is wrong and plane stupid :P on so many levels
Why would the plane even need to pitch down?
The pilot doesn't need to correct anything.
see it like this:
Plane flies level. a certain speed of the plane corresponds with a certain lift resulting in a certain height.
Due to curvature the plane would fly higher, but it can't because higher means less lift with the same speed, resulting the plane laws of nature correct this all by itself. The pilot doesn't have to correct anything.
The bubble of the spirit level doesn't have to leave the center at all. Even if the plane does need to pitch down to correct...you won't be able to see that with a spirit level because the direction of "gravity" also changes. the center of mass is no longer straight down, but somewhere behind you. by pitching down you make sure that the center of mass is straight below you again.
In other words: the spirit level shows "level" BECAUSE the plane "pitches" down.
Just check out Semnomic's other posts.
He's playing "devil's advocate" here and making the FE video look stupid!
He took me in at first!

thedeathtouch

• JNET - Jewish Nose Earth Theory
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 11:49:30 AM »
Now some people say to never trust a black man, and I for the most part don't agree. This is an exception.
That was a new low for you, saggy old clapped-out cloth-spook markjo.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »
Now some people say to never trust a black man, and I for the most part don't agree. This is an exception.

Seriously? 

thedeathtouch

• JNET - Jewish Nose Earth Theory
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:17 AM »

Seriously?

Oh yeah i'm serious
That was a new low for you, saggy old clapped-out cloth-spook markjo.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »

Seriously?

Oh yeah i'm serious

You are pathetic.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 12:55:38 PM »

Seriously?

Oh yeah i'm serious

There's just something that feels weird looking at your profile picture and seeing you claim you're serious.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 01:40:31 PM »
Are there any FE people that are neither trolls or uneducated/ignorant?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »

Short answer?

NO!

(actually, that is the ONLY answer!)
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

JackBlack

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 03:18:58 PM »
No.
If they were educated and intelligent they would realise Earth is round.

Third3ye

• Not a Globe retard
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 07:57:33 PM »
If this converted you into a FE believer then your already an idiot.... And I'm a Flat Earther so that says a lot. These tools easily could still work on a round earth, how do people not get that???

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
If this converted you into a FE believer then your already an idiot.... And I'm a Flat Earther so that says a lot.

This is my favorite quote for more than one reason.

These tools easily could still work on a round earth, how do people not get that???

I KNOW RIGHT?! I'd love to hear from you about how airplanes fly and variances in air density are explained in the version of "gravity is really just density" model you subscribe to. Maybe a topic for a different thread though.

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 02:45:28 AM »
No!

What on earth do you mean with "the artificial horizon in airplanes are kept in a glass ball"?
There are no secrets about how an artificial horizon works, though there has been plenty of garbage by flat earthers on the topic!
Look it up yourself: Aviation Stack Exchange , How are attitude indicators kept accurate?.
I gave a summary in How Amunsden knew he was on the south pole? « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
But, facts won't satisfy you. It's all a Conspiracy here, and a Conspiracy there, Here a Conspiracy there a Conspiracy, everywhere a Conspiracy,

No, he's not! All he shows is that the plane is flying level. Big deal!

Of course, his level stays showing horizontal! Vertical on earth points to the centre and the local horizontal is always at 90° to that. End of story.

It could be said "that the plane tilts down", but that is nothing more than staying at the same altitude.
And it is so slight that any control movements are completely swamped by the little changes needed to compensate for air movement, etc.
You might look at:

Do aircraft pitch down to follow the curvature of the Earth? Wolfie6020
and Wolfie6020 flies corporate jets all over that world, so might really know what he is saying.

Yes I've been thinking about this problem and the way he carried out his experiment has problems.

Trying to see if the plane dips in this way won't work.  You cant take a NY made spirit level and expect it to work in CA.
I would take an educated guess that every state & country has its own spirit level set to "level" for that location and thats his error.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 02:50:18 AM »
Yes I've been thinking about this problem and the way he carried out his experiment has problems.

Trying to see if the plane dips in this way won't work.  You cant take a NY made spirit level and expect it to work in CA.
I would take an educated guess that every state & country has its own spirit level set to "level" for that location and thats his error.
What? are you kidding me?
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 02:57:31 AM »
The poor dog didn't want to be caught any where near that joke of an experiment lol. Can't say I blame him.

Want proof that the earth isn't flat? How about a time lapse of the control stick of an airplane in straight and level flight? See? If the earth was a pizza he would have to be constantly banking either right or left or he would soon be headed for the ice wall! But look! No banking consistently in one direction! Clear evidence that the earth cannot be flat!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You are in pitiful condition with this post.  :'(
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 02:59:05 AM »

Yes. It is woefully incorrect.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 03:06:21 AM »

To being wrong his point doesn't prove the earth isin't flat. But your condition aims to show this. This action doesn't fit to you. Shame on you.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »

To being wrong his point doesn't prove the earth isin't flat. But your condition aims to show this. This action doesn't fit to you. Shame on you.

See my avatar? That's me, bowing my head in abject shame.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »

This thread is incredible.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

tomato

• Shine on you crazy diamonds.
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »

It's definitely not you thinking.
Tomato puree