Question for the religious Christians

• 327 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Question for the religious Christians
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2017, 02:58:57 AM »
Hannibaal, it's ridiculous if you believe everything in the Bible is true, but stuff you disagree with isn't, because you decided the original meaning has been altered, thus cherry picking things and throwing away anything you don't like. If on the other hand you believe people should be stoned for trivial stuff, then really, I'm scared of you. Either way you must realize that the OT is really, really old, outdated and contains a lot of nonsense.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2017, 03:13:49 AM »
Answer this then. Do you follow or are advocates of any of these laws?

Eating fat (3:17) [That one’s “a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.” All fat is to be saved for offerings to God.

…Eat neither that is, neither the blood which is contained in the larger {veins} and {arteries}, nor the {fat} or suet which is within the animal, which exists in a separate or unmixed state, as the {omentum} or {caul}, the fat of the {mesentery}, or fatty part of the substance which connects the convolutions of the alimentary canal or small intestines, the fat of the {kidneys}, and whatever else of the internal fat was easily separable, and fat which is intermixed with the other flesh, might be eaten.

Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4) - and then only after she has offered a sacrifice to God
Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5) - and then only after she has offered a sacrifice to God

If a woman having received seed shall bear a man child, she shall be unclean seven days, according to the days of the separation of her flowers.
And on the eighth day the infant shall be circumcised:
But she shall remain three and thirty days in the blood of her purification. She shall touch no holy thing, neither shall she enter into the sanctuary, until the days of her purification be fulfilled.
But if she shall bear a maid child, she shall be unclean two weeks, according to the custom of her monthly courses, and she shall remain in the blood of her purification sixty-six days.

Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19) Oh boy, I guess almost everyone alive today is guilty of this.
Cross-breeding animals (19:19) - I guess you not a fan of most dogs/cats then

These practices might have been considered as altering the original constitution of God in creation; and this is the view which the Jews, and also Josephus and Philo, take of the subject. There were, probably, also both moral and political reasons for these prohibitions. With respect to heterogenous mixtures among {cattle}, it was probably forbidden, to prevent excitements to the condemned abominations.
As to {seeds}, in many cases, it would be highly improper to sow different kinds in the same plot of ground. If {oats} and {wheat}, for instance, were sown together, the latter would be {injured}, and the former {ruined}. This prohibition may therefore be regarded as a prudential agricultural maxim.
As to different kinds of {garments}, the prohibition might be intended against pride and vanity in clothing. The law, it is to be observed, did not prohibit the Israelites wearing many different kinds of cloths together, but only the two specified; and the observations and researches of modern science have proved that ‘wool, when combined with linen, increases its power of passing off the electricity from the body. In hot climates, it brings on malignant fevers and exhausts the strength; and when passing off from the body, it meets with the heated air, inflames and excoriates like a blister’

Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (19:23) - Have you checked whether the fruit
you buy fits in with this law?

I see no great reason to seek for mystical meanings in this prohibition. The fruit of a young tree cannot be good; for not having arrived at a state of maturity, the juices cannot be sufficiently elaborated to produce fruit excellent in its kind. Probably the object was to allow the tree time to become accustomed to the soil, and so to postpone the enjoyment of the fruit till both quantity and quality had had time to develop. The Israelites are commanded not to eat of the fruit of a tree till the fifth year after its planting. In this way the harvest will be increased and in good quality.

What do you know about agriculture?

Trimming your beard (19:27) - I guess you must have a long beard and never ever use a shaver
Cutting your hair at the sides (19:27) - I guess you look pretty uncouth and look with disdain upon others who get the usual 'short back/sides hair cut'
Getting tattoos (19:28) - Curious to your opinion? It's okay to cut of parts of baby boys penises because - religion. What about tribal people who get tatts because - tribe? Are you going to condemn them

It was a ritual custom of the heathen to cut or trim their beards and hair into special shapes in honor of a particular pagan deity. To honor the sun god Ra, the ancient Egyptians had their dark locks cropped short or shaved with great care so the hair that remained on the crown appeared in the form of a circle surrounding the head (from which the halo derives), while the beard was dressed in a square form. Alternatively, a round bald spot might be shaved on the head.
It is this type of false worship the Bible forbids. Shaving one's beard and cutting one's hair for normal good grooming is something entirely different and not at all condemned in the Scriptures. In fact, the apostle Paul takes great pains to address proper grooming of one's hair in I Corinthians 11:2-15.

Tattoo marks are of a pagan belief and are forbidden, as well as gashes on the bodies for the dead.

Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born”  (19:33-34)

33 If a stranger dwell in your land, and abide among you, do not upbraid him:
34 But let him be among you as one of the same country: and you shall love him as yourselves: for you were strangers in the land of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

What is wrong with loving strangers as loving ourselves?

Cursing your father or mother (punishable by death) (20:9)

Curseth The term {yekallel} signifies not only to curse, but to speak contemptuously, disrespectfully, or to make light of a person: so that all speeches which have a tendency to lessen our parents in the eyes of others, or to render their judgment, piety, etc., suspected or contemptible, is her included; though the act of cursing, or of treating the parent with injurious or opprobrious language, is what is particularly intended. He who conscientiously keeps the {fifth} commandment, can be in no danger of the judgment here denounced.

Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest (21:11)

The Laws here concerning the priests only! Why do you even care as an individual?

Working on the Sabbath (23:3) - So.... Have you? Moses had a man stoned to death for this
Blasphemy (24:14) This ones always open to interpretation and is punishable by death

An Israelite woman's son, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the people of Israel. And the Israelite woman's son and a man of Israel fought in the camp, and the Israelite woman's son blasphemed the Name, and cursed. Then they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. And they put him in custody, till the will of the Lord should be clear to them.
Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Bring out of the camp the one who cursed, and let all who heard him lay their hands on his head, and let all the congregation stone him. And speak to the people of Israel, saying, whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

He was stoned because he cursed god in public and not because he worked on the Sabbath – In that time cursing god was considered the biggest of sins, especially on the Sabbath!

You shouldn’t play around with the verses and alter their true meanings!!!

Do you have anymore laws of God that bother you?
You can throw it at me - I can take it!  ::)

Well I cherry pick too and I say that mutilating babies is wrong

And who cares what you think - do you honestly think with your ignorance you are going to change what God permitted or what He has forbidden?

A small cut on the skin which the boy will benefit much more as an adult - you think is wrong, and I think is right - end of subject here!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:20:29 AM by Hannibaal »
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

Pezevenk

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2017, 03:35:58 AM »

Curseth The term {yekallel} signifies not only to curse, but to speak contemptuously, disrespectfully, or to make light of a person: so that all speeches which have a tendency to lessen our parents in the eyes of others, or to render their judgment, piety, etc., suspected or contemptible, is her included; though the act of cursing, or of treating the parent with injurious or opprobrious language, is what is particularly intended. He who conscientiously keeps the {fifth} commandment, can be in no danger of the judgment here denounced.

See, if you're defending the death penalty for someone who was an asshole to his parents, you're a horrible person.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2017, 03:55:16 AM »
What a waste of letters hannibal's texts are.

...a woman ... shall bear a man child, she shall be unclean seven days, according to the days of the separation of her flowers.
Thank you for that one tho.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2017, 04:01:15 AM »

See, if you're defending the death penalty for someone who was an asshole to his parents, you're a horrible person.

Those were very difficult times to establish the faith among the many pagan beliefs that existed at the time.
The issue is more than just being an asshole to the parents - it's the cursing which the laws of God had forbidden and punished > the family and the respect of the family was essential to establish strong ties, because the Jews at the time interacted with many pagan nations (Greeks, Egyptians, etc...) and the family was the base brick of the Jewish society and its respect was sacred.

And NO, I am not defending the death penalty here, I'm just explaining why the laws then were more strict than our days.

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2017, 04:04:20 AM »

...a woman ... shall bear a man child, she shall be unclean seven days, according to the days of the separation of her flowers.

Oh, how cute of you and how ignorant you are - you left out the whole explanation and picked a writing mistake?
Go be real please

A BOY child - satisfied?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2017, 04:15:29 AM »

Oh, how cute of you and how ignorant you are - you left out the whole explanation and picked a writing mistake?
Go be real please

A BOY child - satisfied?
I prefer man child.
Still waiting for you to answer my personal message :)

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2017, 04:24:02 AM »

Go be real please

A BOY child - satisfied?
I prefer man child.
Still waiting for you to answer my personal message :)

I thought I already answered, but obviously you're a bit slow to understand!

No wonder why you go around what I wrote just to pick grammar mistakes > like everything I wrote means shit to you!
If you are treating a fellow member in the same forum with disrespect just because he opposes your belief, how do you expect me to allow you to speak to my personal friends?

I gave you his answer, which you rejected - what else do you want him to do to satisfy you - ask for your forgiveness?

Pezevenk

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2017, 04:43:48 AM »

Those were very difficult times to establish the faith among the many pagan beliefs that existed at the time.
The issue is more than just being an asshole to the parents - it's the cursing which the laws of God had forbidden and punished > the family and the respect of the family was essential to establish strong ties, because the Jews at the time interacted with many pagan nations (Greeks, Egyptians, etc...) and the family was the base brick of the Jewish society and its respect was sacred.

And NO, I am not defending the death penalty here, I'm just explaining why the laws then were more strict than our days.

Good, so now you realize the OT is full of outdated advice that has no place in today's society. That's great. Moving on.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2017, 04:50:53 AM »

No wonder why you go around what I wrote just to pick grammar mistakes > like everything I wrote means shit to you!
If you are treating a fellow member in the same forum with disrespect just because he opposes your belief, how do you expect me to allow you to speak to my personal friends?

I gave you his answer, which you rejected - what else do you want him to do to satisfy you - ask for your forgiveness?
Yeah, no wonder that a religious nut like you doesn't support discussion on a scientific level.

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2017, 07:14:37 AM »
I've got a different question (nothing to do with dongs  :P )

Why did God reject Cain's offering? I have never understood why Abel's animal offering was good, but Cain's plant offering was bad. They both gave from something they worked to have, I assume they both offered from their "hearts" to make God pleased.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2017, 07:46:50 AM »
I've got a different question (nothing to do with dongs  :P )

Why did God reject Cain's offering? I have never understood why Abel's animal offering was good, but Cain's plant offering was bad. They both gave from something they worked to have, I assume they both offered from their "hearts" to make God pleased.

I would say: because the story originated in a sedentary society who had resentiments against the cattle herding nomads who always raided their villages. The homeless, always rambling Cain is clearly portrayed after their lifestyle, that is interpreted as a punishment by God.

The author of the story though may have answered: God can accept or reject what he wants. If Cain would have submitted to God's will instead of murdering his brother, next time he may have been pleased by Cain's offering, since actually throughout the Bible God likes the smell of burnt cattle very much.

But I'm sure Hannibunny has a better explanation.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:50:25 AM by FalseProphet »

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2017, 10:27:36 AM »

Yeah, no wonder that a religious nut like you doesn't support discussion on a scientific level.

You can call me a religious nut (although I'm not), but I'm sorry I can't call a science nut, because you're not!
When I presented to you a scientific explanation (regardless of the source) - all you had to do was to verify it with your science sources, and either prove me wrong or you admit to being wrong - and there is nothing wrong with admitting!

You never accepted what I presented to you and never verified it - and kept on spitting your same bullshit!
At least I am a nut about something as you claim, but you are a "nothing" at all!

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2017, 10:32:36 AM »
Okay Hannibaal, if you say so, we can start all over again:
When I presented to you a scientific explanation (regardless of the source)
What is your scientific explanation, I must have missed it. My bad.

I'm sorry I can't call a science nut, because you're not!
But what if I am?

but you are a "nothing" at all!
It would have been awesome if you said "you are a "NUThing" at all!

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
Answer this then. Do you follow or are advocates of any of these laws?

Eating fat (3:17) [That one’s “a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.” All fat is to be saved for offerings to God.

…Eat neither that is, neither the blood which is contained in the larger {veins} and {arteries}, nor the {fat} or suet which is within the animal, which exists in a separate or unmixed state, as the {omentum} or {caul}, the fat of the {mesentery}, or fatty part of the substance which connects the convolutions of the alimentary canal or small intestines, the fat of the {kidneys}, and whatever else of the internal fat was easily separable, and fat which is intermixed with the other flesh, might be eaten.

So that piece of fat on the bacon (pork!) should probably be peeled off then? I mean, I could throw it in the bin but what a waste. I'm afraid I don't have an altar in my backyard in which to sacrifice it to. I don't think my local church will be too pleased with me putting it on their alter either, so.... What am I to do?

Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4) - and then only after she has offered a sacrifice to God
Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5) - and then only after she has offered a sacrifice to God

If a woman having received seed shall bear a man child, she shall be unclean seven days, according to the days of the separation of her flowers.
And on the eighth day the infant shall be circumcised:
But she shall remain three and thirty days in the blood of her purification. She shall touch no holy thing, neither shall she enter into the sanctuary, until the days of her purification be fulfilled.
But if she shall bear a maid child, she shall be unclean two weeks, according to the custom of her monthly courses, and she shall remain in the blood of her purification sixty-six days.

I know of no church that turns women away after giving birth within this time or checks whether they are on their period. What say you to the women who break this law? I'm guessing its pretty serious because it was given in the same speech about putting to death adulterers, incest relationships and men laying with other men etc

Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19) Oh boy, I guess almost everyone alive today is guilty of this.
Cross-breeding animals (19:19) - I guess you not a fan of most dogs/cats then

These practices might have been considered as altering the original constitution of God in creation; and this is the view which the Jews, and also Josephus and Philo, take of the subject. There were, probably, also both moral and political reasons for these prohibitions. With respect to heterogenous mixtures among {cattle}, it was probably forbidden, to prevent excitements to the condemned abominations.
As to {seeds}, in many cases, it would be highly improper to sow different kinds in the same plot of ground. If {oats} and {wheat}, for instance, were sown together, the latter would be {injured}, and the former {ruined}. This prohibition may therefore be regarded as a prudential agricultural maxim.
As to different kinds of {garments}, the prohibition might be intended against pride and vanity in clothing. The law, it is to be observed, did not prohibit the Israelites wearing many different kinds of cloths together, but only the two specified; and the observations and researches of modern science have proved that ‘wool, when combined with linen, increases its power of passing off the electricity from the body. In hot climates, it brings on malignant fevers and exhausts the strength; and when passing off from the body, it meets with the heated air, inflames and excoriates like a blister’

So I guess my cotton/bamboo blend undies/socks are no good then. The mixing of seeds planting in the same fields was another law. This one relates to blending the materials or wearing say a cotton shirt with a woollen jumper. These days we also use a lot of synthetics like nylon or polyester. They can create static on their own.

I'm still not sure if cross breeding animals means within the same species (such as a German Shepard x Labrador dog) or across different species like a donkey and a horse to get a mule. Either way. What's wrong with either of them? (apart from a mule being sterile that is)

Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (19:23) - Have you checked whether the fruit
you buy fits in with this law?

I see no great reason to seek for mystical meanings in this prohibition. The fruit of a young tree cannot be good; for not having arrived at a state of maturity, the juices cannot be sufficiently elaborated to produce fruit excellent in its kind. Probably the object was to allow the tree time to become accustomed to the soil, and so to postpone the enjoyment of the fruit till both quantity and quality had had time to develop. The Israelites are commanded not to eat of the fruit of a tree till the fifth year after its planting. In this way the harvest will be increased and in good quality.

What do you know about agriculture?

I'm not an agriculturalist however my own plum tree at less than 4 years bore fruit. Peach and Apple trees can also produce fruit before 4 years. Whether or not I eat it has no bearing or impact on the development of the tree. It would fall to the ground and otherwise rot.

Trimming your beard (19:27) - I guess you must have a long beard and never ever use a shaver
Cutting your hair at the sides (19:27) - I guess you look pretty uncouth and look with disdain upon others who get the usual 'short back/sides hair cut'
Getting tattoos (19:28) - Curious to your opinion? It's okay to cut of parts of baby boys penises because - religion. What about tribal people who get tatts because - tribe? Are you going to condemn them?

It was a ritual custom of the heathen to cut or trim their beards and hair into special shapes in honor of a particular pagan deity. To honor the sun god Ra, the ancient Egyptians had their dark locks cropped short or shaved with great care so the hair that remained on the crown appeared in the form of a circle surrounding the head (from which the halo derives), while the beard was dressed in a square form. Alternatively, a round bald spot might be shaved on the head.
It is this type of false worship the Bible forbids. Shaving one's beard and cutting one's hair for normal good grooming is something entirely different and not at all condemned in the Scriptures. In fact, the apostle Paul takes great pains to address proper grooming of one's hair in I Corinthians 11:2-15.

Tattoo marks are of a pagan belief and are forbidden, as well as gashes on the bodies for the dead.

Okay so in the modern era it is now totally fine to trim my hair and beard for grooming practices but was blasphemous back in the day (and punishable by death!) Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder what else is acceptable in the modern age? With our hygiene and cleanliness practices that were not possible 3000+ years ago I wonder if we could apply that to the rule of circumcision to no longer be required in the eyes of God

Apostle Paul also went through pains to tell us it was no longer a requirement

Gal. 5:6 "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love."

Romans 2:29 "Real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal"

Phil 3:3 "For we are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit, and glory in Christ Jesus, and put no confidence in the flesh."

He reiterated it through his letters
Col 3:9-11 "Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all."

I am not a theologian but you can Google plenty of insightful answers to circumcision, searching 'apostle Paul circumcision' In fact, I cant find any text in the New Testament that says circumcision is necessary for salvation.

Basically, what he was at pains to say (such as your linking to 1 Corinthians 11:2-15. on grooming) is that the rite of circumcision is not required for salvation But I guess you are smarter and a better theologian than Paul because you are telling everyone that it is.

I'll put it bigger and colourful for you so you can see it clearer

the rite of circumcision is not required for salvation

Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born”  (19:33-34)

33 If a stranger dwell in your land, and abide among you, do not upbraid him:
34 But let him be among you as one of the same country: and you shall love him as yourselves: for you were strangers in the land of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

What is wrong with loving strangers as loving ourselves?

There is nothing wrong with it. Just pointing out the irony of many Christian countries and leaders immigration laws. But this also applies especially to Jews, but imagine Israel taking in refugees from Africa or Lebanon or how they treat people in the Gaza strip etc. It was also in realtion to how Dr Kellogg on one hand was very religious to the point of putting carbonic acid on womens clitorises in a vain attempt to stop them thinking 'evil' and vulgar thoughts but on the other, was a big fan of eugenics and against immigration and inter racial marriages. Hypocrite much?

Yes, that's what the law says but does that same law apply today and do you believe the punishment of death is fitting? If not why not?

Putting someone to death also violates the commandment 'thou shalt not kill'. If these people must be 'cut off' couldn't they just banish them? And then when they die that God then punishes them?

Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest (21:11)

The Laws here concerning the priests only! Why do you even care as an individual?

Because priests are Godly. They must set the example for us to follow. If we see a priest in a cemetery, what are we supposed to think? Yet over every funeral procession - there they are. Maybe times have changed in the past 3000+ years

Working on the Sabbath (23:3) - So.... Have you? Moses had a man stoned to death for this
Blasphemy (24:14) This ones always open to interpretation and is punishable by death

An Israelite woman's son, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the people of Israel. And the Israelite woman's son and a man of Israel fought in the camp, and the Israelite woman's son blasphemed the Name, and cursed. Then they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. And they put him in custody, till the will of the Lord should be clear to them.
Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Bring out of the camp the one who cursed, and let all who heard him lay their hands on his head, and let all the congregation stone him. And speak to the people of Israel, saying, whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

He was stoned because he cursed god in public and not because he worked on the Sabbath – In that time cursing god was considered the biggest of sins, especially on the Sabbath!

Different story. regarding working on the Sabbath I am referring to this story

Numbers 15:32-36 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.”  So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

But my question to you (because you seem pretty Old Testament) is what do you think of people today who work on the Sabbath? Do you believe they should be put to death? Otherwise, if this is another thing that is acceptable in the modern age, why are you still hell bent on circumcising babies and not even considering the possibility of allowing them to choose for themselves later on?

You shouldn’t play around with the verses and alter their true meanings!!!

I'm actually not. However you are playing around with Christs true meaning and purpose.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

It does not stipulate you must be circumcised for this to take effect. Circumcision does not guarantee salvation either

Do you have anymore laws of God that bother you?
You can throw it at me - I can take it!  ::)

I'm wondering what my punishment is for this one
Deuteronomy 12:23 Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it; neither eat any meat not fully cooked. Only when meat is cooked until it is white inside with no tinge of red or pink whatsoever insures that all blood had been removed.

But having a steak cooked 'well done' is a waste of a perfectly delicious steak!!! I like to get it 'medium' where it is still soft and moist! If it's 'well done' it is tough and dry  :'( Will I burn in hellfire for this?

It also says

Leviticus 18:22 A man must not have sexual relations with another man.

So a lesbian relationship is okay then? Because I see no mention of women being forbidden to be with each other. Yet the gay hate (stemmed from religion) applies to women relationships as well as men relationships. What are your thoughts here?

I am still curious as to your thoughts on circumcision for girls because you can argue for 'health' and 'cleanliness' reasons, it could be done routinely. Otherwise why only boys and not girls?

Well I cherry pick too and I say that mutilating babies is wrong

And who cares what you think - do you honestly think with your ignorance you are going to change what God permitted or what He has forbidden?

I could say the same. In fact, what you advocate goes against many of the New Testaments teachings and the purpose of Christ. So there. I say again and read very carefully here....

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

A small cut on the skin which the boy will benefit much more as an adult - you think is wrong, and I think is right - end of subject here!

It is not a 'small cut' on the skin. It is the removal of a body part that has tens of thousands of nerve endings. When done on babies it is done without the consent of the owner of that body. Tell the people in developing countries who are bleeding to death or have had their penis amputated that it 'just a small cut'

When done for 'cosmetic reasons' (eg non religious parents but think a circumcised penis 'looks' better', it is abhorrent that the baby was not given a chance to choose

It's benefits for hygienic reasons in our developed societies has proved dubious and irrelevant. Millions of babies have to be cut to save a few children from an easily gotten over infection which in all likelihood, was probably brought on through poor hygiene practice on the part of the person (or caregivers)

It has been well established that for religious reasons to anyone apart from Jewish faith (as they do not recognise Jesus or the New Testament) that it is no longer a requirement and irrelevant. As for Jews, I'm allowed to think this particular ritual is barbaric and unjust. Unless of course you are against freedom of thought and speech.

The bible was actually spot on selecting the 8th day as that is when the platelet count is highest however. Props for that. However most babies in hospital undergo the procedure well short of this

I'm an advocate for circumcision in only 2 instances. When there is a medical need or when the person is old enough to choose. I believe circumcision in the absence of any medical need or personal choice of the person is a 'human rights violation' and constitutes abuse of the infant.

the rite of circumcision is not required for salvation

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2017, 06:00:40 AM »
@ Shifter,

It is important to understand one issue about the Abrahamic religion which started with the Jews at the time of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob & Moses, and ended up with Islam – the world before those was pagan (Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, etc…) and was full of unethical practices and behaviors, which was later forbidden by God.

Maybe it was necessary for those times for religion to be strict in certain laws and practices, which might sound fusty, atavistic and outdated in our present time!

* When a woman gives birth, her body would remain impure and unclean from the inside for a certain period of time that she cannot enter a place of prayer until she’s clean. Even in Islamic traditions, the woman will stop practicing her daily prayers (5 times a day) when she has her monthly period or when giving birth.

I guess it has to do with chastity and being pure – and I guess God knows best about these things!

* I honestly don’t know why fats not mixed with the bones were forbidden for the Jews at those times, because later in the Qur’an God clarified that they were only forbidden for the Jews to eat if not mixed with the bone and not forbidden for Muslims, except for the fat of pork (bacon) which is still forbidden for human consumption in general!

Blood was also forbidden then and now as clearly indicated in the Qur’an, “He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” (2:173)

* Pink cooked meat is ok to eat – I love it that way too  :P, as long as it contains no traces of red blood, and I do not eat pork (fat or meat), and maybe you shouldn’t either – this is a health advice and not a religious one!

* I explained why mixing two particular fabrics (wool & linen) were not recommended – and nothing was said about cotton and bamboo!
Maybe religion was right then about mixing wool with linen, and maybe we are wrong in our present day – a world controlled industrially by corporations that do not care about morals and health, and only care how to make more profits.

Same I guess for cross-breeding animals – and the talk here is cattle and not dogs and donkeys! Maybe the scientific community has not done enough research to find out why it was not recommended in those days to cross-breed cattle.

* Fruits – 3 years for the tree, the fourth for the lord and from the fifth you can enjoy them!
It’s a general agricultural law and I see no reason to talk much about it. A farmer who grows fruit trees will benefit from his crop for at least 20-30 years to come! So, where is the harm in waiting 4 years before he start picking from them – again God knows best about His creation.

* Regarding the story of the man on the Sabbath that you mentioned – it is the same story about the same man who cursed on the Sabbath that I mentioned > and most probably was to set a harsh example to those who dare to blaspheme the Name of God, and curse.
Even later in the Qur’an there was no death penalty for such acts, because both times of establishing the beliefs were different. The only death penalty in the Qur’an is for the murderer with intent, even after a while of the crime!

* Two more important issues before I leave for now;

1-   Homosexuality: is totally forbidden for men and women – then, now and forever!!! It is breaking the first universal law of sexing. Gays (men or women) are sick people and should seek help. This is God’s opinion and mine personally.

2-   Circumcision: It is very important to be performed on young male babies in those days, now and forever. In those times; the Jews were circumcised but not the pagans – so the Jews were distinguishing themselves with that – but the lord said it is not the act of circumcision that will make you pure and lead you to salvation; the “real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal" – which really mean – if you are clean from the outside and not clean in the heart; you are not clean at all!

God does not have double standards – He likes to set the ethical laws before the physical.

I hope you’d excuse me for now, and I hope we can continue on the subject later.

Apologies if I have thrown some harsh words earlier - honestly not intended!

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2017, 06:24:17 AM »
1-   Homosexuality: is totally forbidden for men and women – then, now and forever!!! It is breaking the first universal law of sexing. Gays (men or women) are sick people and should seek help. This is God’s opinion and mine personally.
And my opinion is that this makes you a retarded, ignorant, religious piece of shit.

About the circumcision:
Quote from: user
Quote from: hannibaal
I'm still wondering what the scientific explanation is?

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »
I appreciate your responses and do enjoy religious debates. Neither one of us will ever change each others mind. My understanding leads me to believe that circumcision is unnecessary, yours is that it is.

In the end, it is irrelevant. God knows what is in our heart and soul. Believe in Jesus and you will have redemption and be saved for what he did on the cross.

A good Christian does not judge others.... I would say that your open intolerance and hateful attitude of homosexuals would not be looked at kindly by God. Only He may judge our soul

Remember what Jesus told to the crowd who were about to stone a woman to death after being caught in the act of adultery? 'Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone'. The crowd walked away as they were all sinners themselves.

Even Jesus, who would otherwise have the authority to judge and cast the first stone for not being a sinner, let her go. This is a lesson for all of us.

He also taught that we should love our enemies and help them. Even those that would persecute us. So how can we, following his teaching and example, act so bitter and hateful to gay people?

Lets say for argument sake you are right and gay people are  sick (as in mentally unwell), than why hold it against them? Why do you hate the sick then? It's been well established there is no 'cure' for this so are these people damned to eternal hellfire because they were sick?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »
@ Shifter,

It is important to understand one issue about the Abrahamic religion which started with the Jews at the time of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob & Moses, and ended up with Islam – the world before those was pagan (Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, etc…) and was full of unethical practices and behaviors, which was later forbidden by God.

Maybe it was necessary for those times for religion to be strict in certain laws and practices, which might sound fusty, atavistic and outdated in our present time!

* When a woman gives birth, her body would remain impure and unclean from the inside for a certain period of time that she cannot enter a place of prayer until she’s clean. Even in Islamic traditions, the woman will stop practicing her daily prayers (5 times a day) when she has her monthly period or when giving birth.

I guess it has to do with chastity and being pure – and I guess God knows best about these things!

* I honestly don’t know why fats not mixed with the bones were forbidden for the Jews at those times, because later in the Qur’an God clarified that they were only forbidden for the Jews to eat if not mixed with the bone and not forbidden for Muslims, except for the fat of pork (bacon) which is still forbidden for human consumption in general!

Blood was also forbidden then and now as clearly indicated in the Qur’an, “He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” (2:173)

* Pink cooked meat is ok to eat – I love it that way too  :P, as long as it contains no traces of red blood, and I do not eat pork (fat or meat), and maybe you shouldn’t either – this is a health advice and not a religious one!

* I explained why mixing two particular fabrics (wool & linen) were not recommended – and nothing was said about cotton and bamboo!
Maybe religion was right then about mixing wool with linen, and maybe we are wrong in our present day – a world controlled industrially by corporations that do not care about morals and health, and only care how to make more profits.

Same I guess for cross-breeding animals – and the talk here is cattle and not dogs and donkeys! Maybe the scientific community has not done enough research to find out why it was not recommended in those days to cross-breed cattle.

* Fruits – 3 years for the tree, the fourth for the lord and from the fifth you can enjoy them!
It’s a general agricultural law and I see no reason to talk much about it. A farmer who grows fruit trees will benefit from his crop for at least 20-30 years to come! So, where is the harm in waiting 4 years before he start picking from them – again God knows best about His creation.

* Regarding the story of the man on the Sabbath that you mentioned – it is the same story about the same man who cursed on the Sabbath that I mentioned > and most probably was to set a harsh example to those who dare to blaspheme the Name of God, and curse.
Even later in the Qur’an there was no death penalty for such acts, because both times of establishing the beliefs were different. The only death penalty in the Qur’an is for the murderer with intent, even after a while of the crime!

* Two more important issues before I leave for now;

2-   Circumcision: It is very important to be performed on young male babies in those days, now and forever. In those times; the Jews were circumcised but not the pagans – so the Jews were distinguishing themselves with that – but the lord said it is not the act of circumcision that will make you pure and lead you to salvation; the “real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal" – which really mean – if you are clean from the outside and not clean in the heart; you are not clean at all!

God does not have double standards – He likes to set the ethical laws before the physical.

I hope you’d excuse me for now, and I hope we can continue on the subject later.

Apologies if I have thrown some harsh words earlier - honestly not intended!

all these regulation or religious "laws" make no sense at all.
they are only to suppress the freedom of the people.
especially for women.
do you all practice this "laws"? do you forbid you wife to go to church at her period? if so what is her opinion about that?
do you have children?
what if one of you children is gay, how do you handle that?
do you send the to a doctor and tell him that he shall cure them?

also to repeat my question from the other thread:
what would it take you to not anymore believe in your religion and also where did you got your first idea and information for your religion and how did you decide that it is the truth for you?

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
I appreciate your responses and do enjoy religious debates. Neither one of us will ever change each others mind. My understanding leads me to believe that circumcision is unnecessary, yours is that it is.

In the end, it is irrelevant. God knows what is in our heart and soul. Believe in Jesus and you will have redemption and be saved for what he did on the cross.

A good Christian does not judge others.... I would say that your open intolerance and hateful attitude of homosexuals would not be looked at kindly by God. Only He may judge our soul

Remember what Jesus told to the crowd who were about to stone a woman to death after being caught in the act of adultery? 'Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone'. The crowd walked away as they were all sinners themselves.

Even Jesus, who would otherwise have the authority to judge and cast the first stone for not being a sinner, let her go. This is a lesson for all of us.

He also taught that we should love our enemies and help them. Even those that would persecute us. So how can we, following his teaching and example, act so bitter and hateful to gay people?

Lets say for argument sake you are right and gay people are  sick (as in mentally unwell), than why hold it against them? Why do you hate the sick then? It's been well established there is no 'cure' for this so are these people damned to eternal hellfire because they were sick?

You are absolutely wrong about me and you definitely used the wrong argument about casting the first stone to compare with homosexuality!

Where did I say or mention the word "hate" - why are you accusing me with something that is not true?
It wasn't me that forbid this act - God did!
Why shall I permit or agree on something God has forbidden?

What two individuals do behind a closed door is none of my business - if they want to commit a sin; that is something between them and God, and he shall be the judge of their actions.

Homosexuals are not my enemies and I don't hate them - they are sick people and should seek help.
But, they are not seeking help, so why should I feel sorry for their asses?
And you people with your ignorance are encouraging for this sin to spread and wipe out entire cities.
You think you are feeling sorry for them, but actually you are doing them more harm and to society, as well!

I don't like to repeat what I have written before in other threads about the subject, and I'm not going to change my mind about it either.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69956.0

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69657.0

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2017, 10:53:31 PM »
At least you're funny  ;)  ;D

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2017, 02:54:34 AM »
At least you're funny  ;)  ;D

And you're not nut!  8)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2017, 02:56:23 AM »
Nice one :)
Anyway:

About the circumcision:

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2017, 03:02:20 AM »
Anyway:

About the circumcision:

Well, if you insist  ;D

> it's beyond your comprehension <

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2017, 03:03:02 AM »
Anyway:

About the circumcision:

Well, if you insist  ;D

What makes you think that your scientific comprehension is better than mine?
Anyway, just give it a try :)

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2017, 03:36:14 AM »
Anyway:

About the circumcision:

Well, if you insist  ;D

What makes you think that your scientific comprehension is better than mine?
Anyway, just give it a try :)

And who was talking about my scientific comprehension? Ha?

These are God's rules and not mine! I simply accept them like you accepting what the education system gives you of knowledge without questioning them - it's simply a matter of faith!
And surly God knows best to why he allows somethings and forbids others.

He knows best why fornication is not good for you and for the family - He forbids it!
He knows best why eating swine is bad for your health and morals - He forbids it!
And He knows best why cutting that tiny little piece of foreskin off a male baby penis is best for him when he grows an adult; which had an important role when he was and embryo in his mother's womb, as a protection for the delicate top part of the penis from the water of the uterus.

I can understand, from where you're coming from that this act might look barbaric to you and that you are not accustomed to it, because it's not in your family and country traditions, but I hope you'd understand that where I come from - from traditions that go back for thousands of years, that it is very important to us as much as cutting the umbilical cord! > Yes, that much! Shocked?

We don't force anybody or any religion and culture to follow our religious customs and traditions, so why are you attacking us when you and your penis have the free will to do whatever you both wish?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2017, 03:59:23 AM »
What will embryonic fluid do to a penis?

The reason against eating swine back in the day was because they would eat anything. Including rotten and decaying flesh. Perhaps they were also wild and entailed great risk to oneself to capture and kill it. And after spending their lives chewing cud and shit they were probably indeed an unhealthy choice! Especially when people had choice such as beef or lamb.  That problem has been eliminated since we have been able to farm them. The pork you see for sale did not eat dead bodies in its life.

Also Jesus removed dietary restrictions

Mark 7:14-19, "Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "All of you listen," he said, "and try to understand. You are not defiled by what you eat; you are defiled by what you say and do!" Then Jesus went into a house to get away from the crowds, and his disciples asked him what he meant by the statement he had made. "Don't you understand either?" he asked. "Can't you see that what you eat won't defile you? Food doesn't come in contact with your heart, but only passes through the stomach and then comes out again."

He was more concerned about peoples words than he was with what they ate

Also remember that animals are Gods creation and that His creation is good.

If it's good enough for Jesus to chow down on pork chops and good enough for millions or even billions of Christian followers, then it's good enough for me. After all, one of your arguments for circumcision hinges on the fact that millions do it.

Know your place

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2017, 05:09:47 AM »
What will embryonic fluid do to a penis?

The reason against eating swine back in the day was because they would eat anything. Including rotten and decaying flesh. Perhaps they were also wild and entailed great risk to oneself to capture and kill it. And after spending their lives chewing cud and shit they were probably indeed an unhealthy choice! Especially when people had choice such as beef or lamb.  That problem has been eliminated since we have been able to farm them. The pork you see for sale did not eat dead bodies in its life.

Also Jesus removed dietary restrictions

Mark 7:14-19, "Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "All of you listen," he said, "and try to understand. You are not defiled by what you eat; you are defiled by what you say and do!" Then Jesus went into a house to get away from the crowds, and his disciples asked him what he meant by the statement he had made. "Don't you understand either?" he asked. "Can't you see that what you eat won't defile you? Food doesn't come in contact with your heart, but only passes through the stomach and then comes out again."

He was more concerned about peoples words than he was with what they ate

Also remember that animals are Gods creation and that His creation is good.

If it's good enough for Jesus to chow down on pork chops and good enough for millions or even billions of Christian followers, then it's good enough for me. After all, one of your arguments for circumcision hinges on the fact that millions do it.

Shifter, you seem to me a reasonable man and a man who listens to reason - so, listen carefully if you really care!

Swine is filthy then and now - it's in the genes and not in it's stomach!
Even if a swine is raised in a clean farm and fed clean food - the filth remains in its genes and within its flesh.
I have posted before a video clip of removing worms from a perfectly clean pork chop that came from a clean farm, where the swine were raised.
Even if you raise this filthy animal for a thousand years in a clean farm and feed it nothing by veggies, the filth will remain in its genes.

Take a swine from a farm and put shit in front of it ( in the absence of food). and it shall eat shit again.
Put shit in front of a sheep or a cow, even if you starve them to death, they will never come close to the shit! WHY?
IT IS GENETIC, my friend > and that is something you cannot change ever!

Now listen to me even more - whoever tries to play around with God's words, is equal to those altering His words!

When you say, "Also Jesus removed dietary restrictions" and posted Mark 7:14-19 - an analogy to defend with your statement, you'd be altering the truth and playing around with the words of God.

Now let's see what Mark had to say!!!

Traditions and Commandments:

Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem, they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly, holding to the tradition of the elders, and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches. And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?” And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.”
And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! For Moses said, Honor your father and your mother’; and, Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God) - then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother, thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
What Defiles a Person
And he called the people to him again and said to them, Hear me, all of you, and understand: There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him. And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?

You see Shifter what have you done - you are playing with the words of God (maybe not intentional) which had caused to change the whole meaning of the verses!!!
Jesus was not talking about food - what you eat or what you shouldn't > Jesus and all other messengers of God like to set the morals first before the physical.

Where I come from that is considered a big sin, if it was intentional!

Remember Shifter, God does not have double standards and does not allow us to eat something like swine - something He had strongly forbidden for human consumption.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:14:58 AM by Hannibaal »

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2017, 05:10:04 AM »
I am.

These are God's rules and not mine! I simply accept them like you accepting what the education system gives you of knowledge without questioning them - it's simply a matter of faith!
It's not and that's not how science work. Anyway, I don't care about your god's rules or other crap, but you said you have a scientific explanation, so I'm interested in that, and only that.

So either present that explanation or keep being a religious nut, but don't expect anyone to take you serious.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:11:58 AM by User324 »

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2017, 05:23:30 AM »
I am.

It's not and that's not how science work. Anyway, I don't care about your god's rules or other crap, but you said you have a scientific explanation, so I'm interested in that, and only that.

So either present that explanation or keep being a religious nut, but don't expect anyone to take you serious.

If you don't take me seriously > the least I care & that is not the end of the world for me - trust me on that!
Where I come from - one word from God weighs all the science you ever learned or humanity is yet to learn!
If you think God's rules are crap > I'm not interested in your science and you can shove it, you know where!

Move out of my way before I step on your neck - you piece of swine shit.