It's become a national tradition at this point...

• 7 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Re: It's become a national tradition at this point...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:28:02 AM »
That's right: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39967460

I quote from the site, " Greece had fallen back into recession for the first time since 2012".

I didn't know they got over it, in the first place, and they've been under austerity measures ever since!

Selling their islands probably didn't pay back - what should they sell now? Their heritage, their knowledge or maybe their monuments to some world museums!

I did just mention in another post today that the world (everywhere) is really anxious for a change from its reality, that doesn't look like it's getting any better!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:37:30 AM »
I'm not at all familiar with this so I could be wrong.  But this looks kind of like America in the Great Depression .  Austerity is a trap here.  It's a race towards the bottom.  Stimulus and aggressive expansion seems to be the way to go.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Pezevenk

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »
That's right: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39967460

I quote from the site, " Greece had fallen back into recession for the first time since 2012".

I didn't know they got over it, in the first place, and they've been under austerity measures ever since!

Selling their islands probably didn't pay back - what should they sell now? Their heritage, their knowledge or maybe their monuments to some world museums!

I did just mention in another post today that the world (everywhere) is really anxious for a change from its reality, that doesn't look like it's getting any better!

I have no idea who told you we "sold islands". I hope you realize that it's sort of impossible to do that.

Maybe we weren't really in recession, but it sure didn't feel like it. And no, nothing paid back.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
I'm not at all familiar with this so I could be wrong.  But this looks kind of like America in the Great Depression .  Austerity is a trap here.  It's a race towards the bottom.  Stimulus and aggressive expansion seems to be the way to go.

No, it's actually much different. Greece is a small country, doesn't produce that much, and it's ended up being dependent on other countries. Austerity is not a solution at all, but it's what the eurozone is asking for and everyone knows we can't say no. We owe too much to pay. Couple that with incompetent/corrupt politicians and you get a fucking disaster that has caused most people to give up on the country. Can you really fault young people who want to leave a country with a 50% youth unemployment rate?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

Stimulus and "aggressive expansion" worked for America because they were able to aggressively take on debt. From what I understand, Greece is well past that option.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
I think it is difficult to have a common economy but separate political entities. If Europe would really feel as a unity, the richer countries could just help the region that is in trouble instead of punishing it (which is insane, isn't it). But this option seems not to exist.

Pezevenk

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
I think it is difficult to have a common economy but separate political entities. If Europe would really feel as a unity, the richer countries could just help the region that is in trouble instead of punishing it (which is insane, isn't it). But this option seems not to exist.

That's because of stupid nationalism. I'd like to see the EU become a union more like the US, but it's not just the people in central europe who oppose it.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)