Is Science the new Religion ?

• 347 Replies
Re: Is Science the new Religion ?
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2017, 05:25:58 AM »
Gooooooooooooooood then - nature has rules, but God doesn't!

Thank you - I'm satisfied so far with your ignorance and case is closed to me!

But, please tell me, just out of curiosity, before I go; is "nature" a thing, an intelligent being, or does it just act on its own?
Does it have its own brain, maybe?
Is nature a god of its own?

I mean; it has rules, and rules must be followed and obeyed - so, can we say since nature rules are above everything and everybody > could we call nature god and us its followers?
You are overthinking things.
I recommend learning some maths and physics for better understanding.

I'm done with your science - beat it now, you made me sick!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2017, 05:47:28 AM »
Thank you for answering my question
Science is a religion we are all manipulated from a very early age into believing something we will never see (globe)
A religion is based on belief, by faith, without the necessity of physical evidence.
The essence of Christianity is "By grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God".
If someone asks for physical proof of that, you can't give it - there is none.

All science is based on evidence and is definitely not a religion.
Whether you call it "physical evidence" or not depends on you own definition of "physical evidence", but it is all based on observations.
Some of these observations may be by microscope, X-ray diffraction, spectrography, astronomical telescope or radio telescope, but to the relevant scientist, they are all observations.

Now, I will grant you that a number of areas of science does enter into the realm of conjecture.
It is still based on some evidence, but many may regard it as straying too far from that evidence.
I would put much of cosmology under that heading, where maybe it is straying too far from the evidence that we have.
And to a large degree, the interpretation of the observations may depend on the "model of the universe" assumed.

Now, what one does with these situations is up to the individual - personally I just note that it not an area of science that I know much about and just read it with a passing interest, not necessarily believing or disbelieving it, till more evidence comes along.

But you say that "we are all manipulated from a very early age into believing something we will never see (globe)".
It is true that most will never see the whole Globe with our own unaided eyes.
Nevertheless, we can see so much evidence for the Globe with our own eyes, that for me there is no problem at all believing that the earth really is a huge Globe. Then the less direct evidence, say from astronomy or other branches of science just fits in with my own observations.

After all the development of the heliocentric Globe as the accepted shape of the earth has been a gradual progression right from Babylonian times (yes, I know they along with the Chinese etc, believed that the earth was flat), the Greek "period" through to the times of Copernicus to Newton.

Here is not the place to go into that in detail, but it is not "modern science" that decided on the heliocentric Globe.

If you and others feel that "we are all manipulated from a very early age into believing something we will never see (globe)", then maybe there is something lacking in our education systems. Maybe there should be more on the reasons why, rather just the bare facts.

Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile
The deeper and darker question is why are you bothered what people believe If you are" NOT " Religious.
I am not "bothered what people believe", but I do get concerned when that belief leads them to claim that large numbers of who believe that the earth is a Globe are deceivers and liars.
I am not exaggerating, just look at the many videos on YouTube (esp by Jeranism) and more particularly at the comment hard-line flat earthers make - don't talk to me about venom and hate from Globe supporters!
You have not been like some, but just look at hate that Dutchy shows for NASA.

Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile
Like all religions non believers are insulted and called crazy.

Your religious leaders encourage this behaviour.
I know many flat earthers are said to be ignorant because of their abysmal understanding things like simple physics, optics and even elementary photography.

No, science is not a religion, so I have no "religious leaders" among scientists.

« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2017, 06:42:26 AM »
@ CB, I respect you chose logic to set your belief - not to follow any particular religion, because none made sense to you.

I can understand that very well, based on the current view over most religions, which honestly doesn't look very promising of getting any better!

I do also believe that all three Abrahamic religions are under control by those who either sold their souls to their political leaders and turned religions into profitable organisations, or sold their souls to the devil and turned religions into terrorist organisations.
In both cases, it seems to me that religion is the sole victim of whatever they plot around it to discredit its reputation.

Out of curiosity, I would like to ask you a question - if there were to be a religion that you could follow, how or what do you expect that religion to be,  and where could it possibly lead you?

Thats a good question.

it would be a religion that makes logical sense.
-without any need to worship a thing, somebody or an imaginary being
-without any illogical rules
-without any magic
-without any threatening of punishment if you do not believe in it

but if you take all that away, is it than still a religion? does not religion base on all that?

now my question: what would it take you to not believe in a religion anymore?

That's a good answer - and was expected!
Also a good question from you - and also was expected!

Which of course will lead to the next important question:
* Name me one thing in this world that does not have rules to follow?

You have rules at home, at school, at work, on the street, in the country and the whole world - everything follow rules, and that's the nature of humans.

Now remove those rules from home, school, work and your entire life > I need not to tell you what would happen then, because any sane man would surly agree with me that chaos will take over, the life cycle will stop and the whole world will drift into the demise!

You need a boss at home, at school, to run the company, to run the government and the country.
So, why not the universe? Why are you excluding that from the natural, logical & universal equation.
If you believe your life should not be governed by chaos, then why would you expect the universe to be governed by chaos, and not by a creator and a sustainer, who also have a set of rules for all humans to follow?

There is nothing wrong with rules - we follow them from cradle to grave, and certainly cannot live without them!
When you follow the rules at work, everything will go smooth and the company will run healthy, and so does everything else.
> It's no magic - just simple logic!

Any dereliction or lessening in your work, your boss will warn you once or twice, then they will kick you out of the company - wouldn't you say it would be a fair punishment?
Was the boss strict and hard with his actions against you or was he fair?

Why would you be afraid of God's rules if you are a good straight forward man?
We all make mistakes and learn from them, then correct them and therefore correcting the path in our lives.

Like home needs a lord and a set of rules to run - the universe needs a God and a set of rules to run.

There is no magic here - we all have to experience life with all its goodness and badness, choose the right path and come out clean from this dirt hole!

You gave the answer I expected.
Lot of word only for basically one short sentence:
"there is nothing that could make me not believe anymore in my religion."

That show how narrow minded you are and how ignorant.
You say you know the absolute truth what is the "right" way. And you threatening everyone that do not believe the same you do.
That is how dictators work: follow me or you will get punished.
And that is what I hate about religion and their fanatic followers. They act like dictators,  everyone shall come to their believe.
That is horrible and addition to that the most cover it under speeches that they do good stuff.

Why shall I follow something that try to convince me with threatening and not with logical arguments?

« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2017, 10:53:41 AM »
@ CB, I respect you chose logic to set your belief - not to follow any particular religion, because none made sense to you.

I can understand that very well, based on the current view over most religions, which honestly doesn't look very promising of getting any better!

I do also believe that all three Abrahamic religions are under control by those who either sold their souls to their political leaders and turned religions into profitable organisations, or sold their souls to the devil and turned religions into terrorist organisations.
In both cases, it seems to me that religion is the sole victim of whatever they plot around it to discredit its reputation.

Out of curiosity, I would like to ask you a question - if there were to be a religion that you could follow, how or what do you expect that religion to be,  and where could it possibly lead you?

Thats a good question.

-without any magic

but if you take all that away, is it than still a religion? does not religion base on all that?

You have rules at home, at school, at work, on the street, in the country and the whole world - everything follow rules, and that's the nature of humans.

Now remove those rules from home, school, work and your entire life > I need not to tell you what would happen then, because any sane man would surly agree with me that chaos will take over, the life cycle will stop and the whole world will drift into the demise!

You need a boss at home, at school, to run the company, to run the government and the country.
So, why not the universe? Why are you excluding that from the natural, logical & universal equation.
If you believe your life should not be governed by chaos, then why would you expect the universe to be governed by chaos, and not by a creator and a sustainer, who also have a set of rules for all humans to follow?

There is nothing wrong with rules - we follow them from cradle to grave, and certainly cannot live without them!
When you follow the rules at work, everything will go smooth and the company will run healthy, and so does everything else.

Any dereliction or lessening in your work, your boss will warn you once or twice, then they will kick you out of the company - wouldn't you say it would be a fair punishment?

We all make mistakes and learn from them, then correct them and therefore correcting the path in our lives.

Like home needs a lord and a set of rules to run - the universe needs a God and a set of rules to run.

There is no magic here - we all have to experience life with all its goodness and badness, choose the right path and come out clean from this dirt hole!

You say you know the absolute truth what is the "right" way. And you threatening everyone that do not believe the same you do.
And that is what I hate about religion and their fanatic followers. They act like dictators,  everyone shall come to their believe.
That is horrible and addition to that the most cover it under speeches that they do good stuff.

Why shall I follow something that try to convince me with threatening and not with logical arguments?

What, what.... what?
Who said that statement, in the first place? Are you addressing me or someone else?
And where did I threaten everyone?
Why are you throwing false accusations at me, claiming I said so and so?
Please show me where I said your FALSE accusations! Please...

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2017, 11:02:20 AM »
But you can read, right?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »

Thats a good question.

-without any magic

What, what.... what?
Who said that statement, in the first place? Are you addressing me or someone else?

You say that I am wrong with that sentence?
There are arguments that would you stop believing in a religion?
What would be these arguments.

In this text you said that all should follow the right way or everyone stay in a dirt hole. And as you always explained that your believe is the right way.

In the other thread you did even more threatening and insulting.

« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »

Thats a good question.

-without any magic

What, what.... what?

You say that I am wrong with that sentence?
There are arguments that would you stop believing in a religion?
What would be these arguments.

In this text you said that all should follow the right way or everyone stay in a dirt hole. And as you always explained that your believe is the right way.

In the other thread you did even more threatening and insulting.

This is what I quoted here:

Please tell what is wrong with what I said?
Why you keep on misunderstanding me and changing my words?
What is the right path in life, that you think I meant? > It is simply being good people!
What is wrong with that?
We go through life with all its goodness and badness, and we work hard to stay on the right track and come out clean from inside! And, yes - earth is a dirt hole and we are made of the same dirt > after death, the good souls will come out clean from this physical/ dirt body and ascend!

What is wrong in following the right path and being good people?
Is that an insult to you?
Am I forcing everybody to be good?

What common sense are you addressing me with?

As for my attacking and insults in the other thread, as you claim - I think I already answered Shifter in that regard - that my words were mere reflections to his insults (User), prior to mine.

I never attack anyone unless attacked by them!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:28:26 PM by Hannibaal »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »
Jesus didn't attack anyone even though the people hung him on a cross. What's your excuse?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2017, 12:55:59 PM »
Jesus didn't attack anyone even though the people hung him on a cross. What's your excuse?
He has mental issues, we shouldn't judge him.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2017, 01:11:29 PM »

I'm simply not Jesus!  ;D

He's my teacher and my preacher, and I always look forward to learning his true message, and I always look up to reaching high where he's reached.

My rules are simple > you treat me good and you shall find me better than you, and you treat me bad > you should bear the consequences of your acts!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2017, 01:18:14 PM »
But Jesus told us to love our enemies. How much better would the world be if everyone followed this advice.

I'm looking for anything he may have said about stepping on necks but all I can find about that is that's something guards in the North Korean gulags did to babies that were born there from their raping. It sounds so cruel.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2017, 01:29:18 PM »
I'm looking for anything he may have said about stepping on necks

That was not his thing. He used to whip people and push over tables when they sold stuff instead of living as a bum like him.

« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »
But Jesus told us to love our enemies. How much better would the world be if everyone followed this advice.

I'm looking for anything he may have said about stepping on necks but all I can find about that is that's something guards in the North Korean gulags did to babies that were born there from their raping. It sounds so cruel.

Again, you're twisting words and using them where they don't belong!

Love our enemies - to treat them as we wish to be treated!

But, when they want to curse the name of God in public, even Jesus will not allow for that to happen!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2017, 01:33:45 PM »
His execution was a pretty public spectacle. All mocking him, treating him like a swine shit and calling him a fraud etc. Yet he remained dignified. More than I can say for you

Know your place

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2017, 01:37:35 PM »
This thread is depressing.

Again, making it simple...real science is not a religion, it is a simple observation of tests and data collection. Very useful (this is where phones, cars, etc come from as poor user attempted to use as an argument)

Hypothetical science is not fact, here is where the religion steps in. I wouldn't care, people can BELIEVE what they want. However, being passed as 100 percent fact, then all who do not believe are belittled, called stupid a simpleton etc etc...this is where my problem lies. This confuses people who likes facts, but are either too dumb and/or lazy to research themselves.

As for the idiots saying they are being attacked here because they don't believe in a God.. that is just stupid and deflection of their own actions. I haven't seen anyone attack anyone here for that reason. I myself know I have said "You can believe whatever you would like. Even though I consider my beliefs fact, I have no qualms with someone who disagrees...as I am fully aware, in the core, my beliefs are just that, a belief."  So stop saying nonsense people.

The only attack is passing belief as a fact...

Those in the religion of science will never admit it, just like those in a cult will never call it a cult.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »
Note that Babybrain is a real engineer, did research on radiometric dating methods (finding out that they are all wrong, though without publishing his findings), can read Hebrew and Noah was 1000 years old when he made his ark.

Everybody is interested what he has to say about science.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:58:17 PM by FalseProphet »

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2017, 02:01:24 PM »
I don't agree with all BHS's conclusions but I do agree with his post above for the most part.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »
I don't agree with all BHS's conclusions but I do agree with his post above for the most part.

I'm not really surprised.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »
It feels like babybullshit does copy pasta his 'mimimi hypothetical science is religion mimimi' bullshit everywhere he can.

Member of the BOTD

Bom Tishop

« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »
Note that Babybrain is a real engineer, did research on radiometric dating methods (finding out that they are all wrong, though without publishing his findings), can read Hebrew and Noah was 1000 years old when he made his ark.

Everybody is interested what he has to say about science.

If people have seen many responses from users on this thread to me and others it is humorous..they say "No you are wrong" then do exactly like I say. A self fulfilling prophecy.

Yes, thanks for the bolded section as I am one. Went to school for a plethora of years, followed by a plethora of extracurricular studies and certs. Have had a firm that has done "engineering stuff" under my watch for a decade and have had success at it. I have already shown and proven this stuff here while others blew hot air.

So if people want to talk about REAL science then yes, let's talk. I would be someone to talk to, I have earned my right to speak on the subject.

Certainty moreso than an angry "Malaysian" bunkered up in a swamp flooded backwoods two ticks away from a bout with Lyme disease. (If I am incorrect please post evidence otherwise, though I won't hold my breath) Real science created the Google balloon that is even allowing you to post for the moment, not religious science.

So yes, real science I can and would like to talk about. Hypothetical and religious science, please contact your local priest er I mean "scientist"...they even take donations

Bom Tishop

« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2017, 02:28:31 PM »
It feels like babybullshit does copy pasta his 'mimimi hypothetical science is religion mimimi' bullshit everywhere he can.

You mean an actual post with actual substance? That would be foreign to you. Get help

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »
...plethora...engineering stuff...shown and proven this stuff...hot air...REAL science...someone to talk to...earned my right to speak...

Do you have a reasonable explanation why you always sound like one of those poor guys without a life who only post on Internet Fora to pretend to be something?

Bom Tishop

« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »
...plethora...engineering stuff...shown and proven this stuff...hot air...REAL science...someone to talk to...earned my right to speak...

Do you have a reasonable explanation why you always sound like one of those poor guys without a life who only post on Internet Fora to pretend to be something?

I don't know why people do that. I don't like that, thus why I always show actual customized proof of what I have said, and make fun of blow hards. My post history contains it all, I can also repost whatever you would like.

Do you have a reasonable explanation why you sound like the "religious nuts" you always make fun of when you talk about your religion of science?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »
...show actual customized proof of what I have said...My post history contains it all, I can also repost whatever you would like.

That's how those poor guys without a life who only post on Internet Fora to pretend to be something sound.

Also I know the shit you post.

and make fun of blowhards

Yes, Babybrain, cause that's what they are for.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »
This will go nowhere, I can tell you right now. But feel free to keep it up for 140 pages.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2017, 03:29:13 PM »

As for my attacking and insults in the other thread, as you claim - I think I already answered Shifter in that regard - that my words were mere reflections to his insults (User), prior to mine.

I never attack anyone unless attacked by them!

You threat was generaly, you said:
"I will break the neck of someone that insult my god"

You say that you are willing to kill somebody because that one said something you did not like.

It is quit a overreaction to murder somebody for an verbal attack.

You are getting lower each time you post something like that.

As a believer in some kind of the Christian religion  do you not have to follow the 10 commandments? Especially: you shall not kill.
Or is it on of the things that is put in the Bible by the corrupt people, as you claimed

Bom Tishop

« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »
...show actual customized proof of what I have said...My post history contains it all, I can also repost whatever you would like.

That's how those poor guys without a life who only post on Internet Fora to pretend to be something sound.

Also I know the shit you post.

and make fun of blowhards

Yes, Babybrain, cause that's what they are for.

We have only interacted mainly in political/religious area. Doubt you have seen the posts I am speaking of. Plus many were many moons ago in the vacuum thread etc when I cared and when having fun with legbot, some are in the 9/11 thread. That's about it.

Also, as what people do when they "front" who they are..well there are plenty of examples here. They just keep saying something over and over again, yet refuse to post any evidence of such claims. Then deflect and make fun of others...happens all the time. They don't post up customized proof to the poster asking for it...sorry mister prophet. (Not to mention try to get a fes meetup organized)

I also noticed you ignored this...here I will repost just in case you missed it.

Do you have a reasonable explanation why you sound like the "religious nuts" you always make fun of when you talk about your religion of science?

You are cool in my book and you know it Mr angry prophet  :D

This will go nowhere, I can tell you right now. But feel free to keep it up for 140 pages.

Ha ha ha ha.. we will see if it needs to be pulled, but give it to 50

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »
I'm not angry with you.

You know:

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad"

Bom Tishop

« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »
I'm not angry with you.

You know:

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad"

I like your quote. If science has already made up its mind to the truth despite the accuracy, how can reality come abroad?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2017, 05:39:58 PM »
The sentence makes no sense.

Can you please try to understand that science is about evidence; truth is a colloquial term.

I just want to help you to cover up that you are an idiot. Posting shit you find on the internet to sound knowledgeable, as you like to do, is insufficient for that. How do you think you can hoax somebody into believing that you ever did any kind of "research" when all you say about science sounds as if you have directly copied it from Ken Ham?

There is no "hypothetical science". What could be called as such would be a hypothesis that cannot yet be tested. It is still science. It is the task of experimental or observational science to find ways to test a hypothesis. As soon as a hypothesis can be tested, it can either be proven wrong (falsified) or not. A hypothesis is tested by observing if its predictions are accurate.

Science is a method, nothing more. It allows us to gain knowledge about the unobservable by analyzing the observable. By analyzing the spectra of stars we gain knowledge about their composition. By observing the fossil record we gain knowledge about past life. It is essentially the same what a hunter does when he observes the traits of an animal and gains knowledge about the animal itself although he cannot observe it.

Different from science is scientizism. It is the worldview, that the scientific method is the only way for humans to gain knowledge, that is "scientific evidence" is identified with "truth". This claim is not part of the scientific method itself. You can call that a belief, but it is still not a religion, because it has no rites.

I can't see where there is any place for religion. All religions I know contain statements about history (their own history) and in many cases also about biology, cosmology etc which can easily be proven to be wrong. You will never be able to understand that because you lack the intellectual sincerity to accept that principally the same methods of scrutiny that can be applied for analyzing a technical device can also be applied for a historical text or a paleontological site.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:15:22 PM by FalseProphet »