Is Science the new Religion ?

• 347 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Is Science the new Religion ?
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2017, 08:11:42 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think he was being sarcastic.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2017, 08:14:36 AM »
I am merely using their cages as a weapon.

You can tie a rope around my hands and drag me along, but beware, if you take a wrong step, I may pull back, and bash your skull in.

« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2017, 08:35:30 AM »
Where's the beef?!

I'll take a Bacon Triple Cheeseburger over tofu any day!

I would vomit if either touched my lips, they are both processed man made defilers of the body that aim to suppress your sex drive and make you a docile and dumb.

The ball earth is a cage, and we are its unwitting cows being milked of our spirituality. Wake up. Your CELL phones and interNET and WEB are all there to CATCH you and keep you entranced.

sounds like your are vegan.
and with that comment you just proved that you get not enough nutrition to have a fully functional brain.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2017, 12:36:22 PM »
And you must be stuffed full with indigestable solids and meat byproducts, I bet you eat alot of animal penis dont you. Well how would you know anyway?

« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »
And you must be stuffed full with indigestable solids and meat byproducts, I bet you eat alot of animal penis dont you. Well how would you know anyway?

let me ask you: are you a real total vegan?
Or are you one that only pretend to be one?

what are your shoes made of
do you have silk or wool clothing?
what car do you drive?
what do you do for living, is your workplace also complete vegan?

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2017, 01:15:47 PM »

what car do you drive?

Youre so shilly. I never claimed to be a vegan.

When I eat meat, I kill it myself.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2017, 01:16:48 PM »

what car do you drive?
Are that supposed to be arguments against veganism, or specifically against arealhumanbeing to show him how retarded he is?

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »
Science is a religion and that's the end of it.

You can accept images that have been stitched together using other images as evidence.

You can accept calculations that support a hypothesis and be sure that's what will happen when no one as travelled at the speed of light  and no one ever will.

That takes a massive amount of faith.

I blame the movie industry and animation industry it has left some people not being able to tell the difference between science fiction and science fact.

I suggest some of the posters here look up the definition of verify if the so called science can't be verified properly (not by BS calculations) then it is a religion.

The official story is that the earth is an oblate spheroid why is it none of the Blue Marble CGI Images or the so called real photos of the earth confirm this ?

Thought I better let some of you know Santa doesn't live at the North Pole and he doesn't exist neither does the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny thought it's best you know the truth because from the state of some of the posts on this thread it would appear you believe absolutely anything.
No, science isn't a religion.  If you wipe all science and all religion from the world completely.  In a few thousand years science will be right back where it is today.  Religion could end up being anything

« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2017, 01:39:23 PM »

You can accept images that have been stitched together using other images as evidence.

You can accept calculations that support a hypothesis and be sure that's what will happen when no one as travelled at the speed of light  and no one ever will.

I blame the movie industry and animation industry it has left some people not being able to tell the difference between science fiction and science fact.

I suggest some of the posters here look up the definition of verify if the so called science can't be verified properly (not by BS calculations) then it is a religion.

The official story is that the earth is an oblate spheroid why is it none of the Blue Marble CGI Images or the so called real photos of the earth confirm this ?

Thought I better let some of you know Santa doesn't live at the North Pole and he doesn't exist neither does the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny thought it's best you know the truth because from the state of some of the posts on this thread it would appear you believe absolutely anything.
No, science isn't a religion.  If you wipe all science and all religion from the world completely.  In a few thousand years science will be right back where it is today.  Religion could end up being anything

if you would "delete" the existing religions, there will be most likely come up new religions but only with very different contend.
as we can see with all the different religions that exist on the earth.

and yes science will come back wist the same conclusions because everything that science describes is already existing before the description.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »

what car do you drive?
Are that supposed to be arguments against veganism, or specifically against arealhumanbeing to show him how retarded he is?

Dude, I cant even understand you.

Yes, science has become a religion. I cannot replicate claims about quantam physics, nor can I replicate a photo of the globe. I can however MAKE an image of the globe, in Blender, or by painting it.

And its indistinguishable from what NASA hocks on the public.

I know this because I loaded my 3D fake globe onto my phone and went about asking if people could tell a difference between my photo and NASAs. Guess what, none could. Ill be posting videos soon.

« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »

what car do you drive?

Yes, science has become a religion. I cannot replicate claims about quantam physics, nor can I replicate a photo of the globe. I can however MAKE an image of the globe, in Blender, or by painting it.

I know this because I loaded my 3D fake globe onto my phone and went about asking if people could tell a difference between my photo and NASAs. Guess what, none could. Ill be posting videos soon.
You may not be able to replicate them but if you took the time to study such things you could.  You can go and talk to people who have done it.
Your being lazy or ignorant isn't proof you're right.

« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »

if you would "delete" the existing religions, there will be most likely come up new religions but only with very different contend.

and yes science will come back wist the same conclusions because everything that science describes is already existing before the description.
Exactly

« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »

what car do you drive?

That does not prove that Nasa pictures are fake.
I really looking forward to see your video.

BTW: what about the videos from the It's can you also make them?

But you are still wrong as we explained to you, science is not a religion.
There are a lot of different religion but only one science.
Like with the flat earth idea.
There are a lot of different "models" of a flat earth, but only one model of a global earth.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2017, 02:47:22 AM »

you are now assuming that God doesn't exist.
you can perhaps "delete" the existing religions, but you cannot delete God. God would send another messanger, and you would get another Abrahamic religion very familiar with these.
you can delete science...and a few thousand years later we will most definitely NOT be where we are now...we would invent stuff in another order and develop in a different direction. That's because we wouldn't have the same inventers then. and different inventers means different kind of development no Newton, Einstein or Archimedes.
an example:
if we didn't invent the combustion motor in time...perhaps we would then develop elektromotors much further than they are today. maybe we wouldn't need any fossil fuel at all.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2017, 04:28:42 AM »

you can perhaps "delete" the existing religions, but you cannot delete God. God would send another messanger, and you would get another Abrahamic religion very familiar with these.
you can delete science...and a few thousand years later we will most definitely NOT be where we are now...we would invent stuff in another order and develop in a different direction. That's because we wouldn't have the same inventers then. and different inventers means different kind of development no Newton, Einstein or Archimedes.
an example:
if we didn't invent the combustion motor in time...perhaps we would then develop elektromotors much further than they are today. maybe we wouldn't need any fossil fuel at all.

if god does exist, how do you explain the religions that are different than the abrahamic religions?
like the vikings that believed in Odin, Thor and others. it only do not exist anymore because the abrahamic religion people killed them.
the same with the believes of the northamerican indians or the southamerican maya.
what is with the buddist religion, they have a very different story than the abrahamic.

i was talking about the science of the real world, not inventions.
the evolution would be the same, the chemical science would be the same, also the physical science would be the same.

BTW. the electric motor was invented 1834 by Moritz Jacobi
the first gas motor was invented 1867 by Nikolaus August Otto

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
like the vikings that believed in Odin, Thor and others. it only do not exist anymore because the abrahamic religion people killed them.

Do you mean they killed the vikings or their gods? If you mean the former I have to object, because they remained very much vikings after their conversion; if you mean the latter, I can't say anything because I don't know much about spiritual warfare.

« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:12 AM »

Do you mean they killed the vikings or their gods? If you mean the former I have to object, because they remained very much vikings after their conversion; if you mean the latter, I can't say anything because I don't know much about spiritual warfare.

the religion got killed either by killing their believers or by forcing them to convert.
i think with the vikings was it more convertion and with north and south american believers it was more killing the believers themself.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2017, 05:30:52 AM »

the religion got killed either by killing their believers or by forcing them to convert.
i think with the vikings was it more convertion and with north and south american believers it was more killing the believers themself.

The vikings converted voluntarily (though after the kings had converted they also suppressed pagan opposition by force).

Regarding Native Americans, when you speak about the 16th/ 17th century, sure, it was the time of the Spanish Inquisition. Either you became Christian or you were killed. Later genocides (like the wiping out of the Californian Indians) were not so much religiously motivated, it was more about killing off the natives, if they were Christians or not. Many of the Cherokees who died on the Trail of Tears ( the Cherokees who had been allies of the US in every war!) were Christians.

« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2017, 05:59:32 AM »

The vikings converted voluntarily (though after the kings had converted they also suppressed pagan opposition by force).

Regarding Native Americans, when you speak about the 16th/ 17th century, sure, it was the time of the Spanish Inquisition. Either you became Christian or you were killed. Later genocides (like the wiping out of the Californian Indians) were not so much religiously motivated, it was more about killing off the natives, if they were Christians or not. Many of the Cherokees who died on the Trail of Tears ( the Cherokees who had been allies of the US in every war!) were Christians.

but still their original religion got almost complete removed.
the original argument was that somebody claim that if all religions will be deleted, the abrahamic religion will come up again.
and i say that it will not happen because if God does exist, why are exist other religions, now and in the past.
you can not show one religion that evolved parallel to the abrahamic religions that has the same stories and history.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2017, 06:20:05 AM »

but still their original religion got almost complete removed.
the original argument was that somebody claim that if all religions will be deleted, the abrahamic religion will come up again.
and i say that it will not happen because if God does exist, why are exist other religions, now and in the past.
you can not show one religion that evolved parallel to the abrahamic religions that has the same stories and history.

One cannot deny that the Christian religion has a certain amount of appeal that ethnic religions can hardly compete with. Even in cases where no obvious force is applied, the latter have a great competitive disadvantage. That's easy to understand if one considers how strongly they depend on the traditional structure of their society. I can see that in the recent history of my own country: traditional religions can rarely adapt or reinterpret themselves fast enough to master the challenges of modernization - converting to a world religion is the easier way. It is somehow natural, though I regret the cultural loss, the loss of real knowledge and loss of plurality that goes along with this development.

I'm an atheist though and I certainly do not support napoleon's "original argument".

« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:58 AM »

an example:

if god does exist, how do you explain the religions that are different than the abrahamic religions?
the same with the believes of the northamerican indians or the southamerican maya.
what is with the buddist religion, they have a very different story than the abrahamic.

the evolution would be the same, the chemical science would be the same, also the physical science would be the same.

In India they worship rats - can we call that a religion?
In Thailand they worship man's penis - can we call that a religion?
In some parts of Syria, they worship woman's vagina - maybe you'd like that as a religion!
And those that worship the Sun, the Moon and other heavenly planets - religion?
We have Satan's worshipers in every country - is that a worldwide religion?
Some worship money and others worship lust - so why not call that a religion!
And those who believe only in science... I believe this question has already been posted > so you can look up the answer!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2017, 10:18:46 AM »

an example:

In some parts of Syria, they worship woman's vagina - maybe you'd like that as a religion!
And those who believe only in science... I believe this question has already been posted > so you can look up the answer!

And you worship a shitty fictitious character who orders people to commit genocide in one of the most stupid books ever written.

« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2017, 10:40:55 AM »

an example:

And you worship a shitty fictitious character who orders people to commit genocide in one of the most stupid books ever written.

And which book is that that orders people to commit genocide?

Are you from Thailand you FalseCharater - I'm having my doubts now if you are from Malaysia, as you claim!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »

an example:

And which book is that that orders people to commit genocide?

Are you from Thailand you FalseCharater - I'm having my doubts now if you are from Malaysia, as you claim!

You are right, I am a young Thai hustler. Does that turn you on?

« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2017, 10:50:47 AM »

Naaa - but maybe yes if you were from Syria!  :P  hahahaha...

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »

Naaa - but maybe yes if you were from Syria!  :P  hahahaha...

I have no doubt about that.

« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

if you look at something as it has magical power than yes it is religion.

what do you see as a religion?
if you say that all these are not a religion than you also say that science can not be a religion.
these worshipper think that the thing they worship have magical power, scientist do not believe in magical power.
that must be for even a bigger prove that science is not a religion.

« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2017, 11:31:48 AM »

if you say that all these are not a religion than you also say that science can not be a religion.
these worshipper think that the thing they worship have magical power, scientist do not believe in magical power.

I know, as well as you know, that science is not a religion! But, in the rat-penis-vagina concept, some might consider science as the same!
And, what the hell is so magical about a rat, and what powers could one gain from worshiping it?

To me; religion is following the right path that will lead you to the creator, who sooner or later we shall join in His kingdom after this physical life.

They can choose to join the rat in the sewage if they wish, maybe there where they really belong, but certainly I don't wish to spend my afterlife in a shit hole!

Religion is a goal you set in your life and aim for reaching - you live a descent life; being honest with yourself and with others > certainly you shall reach high after death.
And if you aim for a shit hole > you certainly shall be dumped there!

You see; there are no complications in religion > science can confirm that, as well!
It's an easy equation - in fact, the easiest I was confronted with!

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2017, 12:00:25 PM »

That is what most hypothetical science is...a belief in a magic power.

We can't prove it, observe it, or replicate it as even the most basic scientific method will require. However, don't mind that, it happened as we said, it is FACT...anyone who calls us out for our hypocrisy or doesn't accept our false conclusion of the group think bubble, we will call ignorant/brain dead/barbarians etc etc.

You don't get any more "religion like" than that. At least I admit my beliefs are just that...a belief. I consider them a fact, however, I don't shit my pants and start belittling someone who does not agree with me.

why are exist other religions, now and in the past.

It is human nature to make counterfeits. You have one real one, and a bunch of counterfeits, each production a little different than the other.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #269 on: June 01, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
And babybullshit again, throwing out his same verbal vomit that has been debunked and shown to be bullshit long ago.

Here, eat this

Member of the BOTD