Is Science the new Religion ?

• 347 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: Is Science the new Religion ?
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2017, 09:45:55 AM »
the correct use of science?

it is simple:

the correct use of science is to perform experiments that are repeatable an deliver a clear result.

Agreed... So why are we debating then? This is the true science I speak of, it is actually very simple really. We are in agreement apparently.

I hit quote, but nothing showed..Very telling.

Please read the above text
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:46 AM »

For some people, simple things are difficult. Let me help you:
it really is a very simple fact about science. It can create nothing, which is true...
First: If you call your statements "true", it doesn't make you sound smart, but sound like Trump.

Anyway, just one example of science creating something:
I present you Crispr/Cas9
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »
Just doesn't seem right how we can see the same stars all year round.
the stars that we can see change over the year. look for example the sign of Orion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(constellation)
If the earth is rotating facing the sun in the day and facing the opposite way to the sun at midnight I don't see how it is possible for the stars to be so constant when our sun is in a fixed position and we orbit around it .
We should have different view points in regard to our position in the solar system.
and if you learn a little bit about astronomy you see that is that way
On the geocentric centric model we are told there are apparently three north east and south I'm only able to verify the north with their model (our stars rotate around magnetic north)and from what I have seen it works.

it does not work for southern hemisphere, look up how the stars movement looks on the southern hemisphere and how it would look like in the Flat Earth Model

This is a flat earth forum so it is the place to post views and opinions and theorys that go against establishment that people of the science religion would consider shit.

i think more this is a place where the Flat Earth Idea can be discussed and the claims for the FEI can be tested.

Thank you for your help.
Can you please explain why polaris in the north and the southern cross in the south stay constant above the so called poles all year round when the earth tilts 23.5 degrees between summer and winter. (It was 23.5 degrees when I was at school I'm sure you will correct me if that's wrong)
Got the information from link below.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/north-star-movement

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »
Tilt doesn't change during the year, so it doesn't matter whether it is 0, 5, 23.5 or something else.

Edit: If the axis "points" at polaris at one time in the year, it does so the rest of the year, too.

Member of the BOTD

Bom Tishop

« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »

it really is a very simple fact about science. It can create nothing, which is true...
First: If you call your statements "true", it doesn't make you sound smart, but sound like Trump.

LMFAO!! You are right...Things are hard sometimes..Please look up sarcasm ha ha ha..

You worry me ever so much

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2017, 10:26:23 AM »
LMFAO!! You are right...Things are hard sometimes..Please look up sarcasm ha ha ha..

I could reply with exactely the same, don't you think so?

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »
the stars that we can see change over the year. look for example the sign of Orion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(constellation)
If the earth is rotating facing the sun in the day and facing the opposite way to the sun at midnight I don't see how it is possible for the stars to be so constant when our sun is in a fixed position and we orbit around it .
We should have different view points in regard to our position in the solar system.
On the geocentric centric model we are told there are apparently three north east and south I'm only able to verify the north with their model (our stars rotate around magnetic north)and from what I have seen it works.

it does not work for southern hemisphere, look up how the stars movement looks on the southern hemisphere and how it would look like in the Flat Earth Model

This is a flat earth forum so it is the place to post views and opinions and theorys that go against establishment that people of the science religion would consider shit.

i think more this is a place where the Flat Earth Idea can be discussed and the claims for the FEI can be tested.

Thank you for your help.
Can you please explain why polaris in the north and the southern cross in the south stay constant above the so called poles all year round when the earth tilts 23.5 degrees between summer and winter. (It was 23.5 degrees when I was at school I'm sure you will correct me if that's wrong)

simple, the tilt does change in view of the plane that represent the circulation of the earth around the sun. the rotational axis of the earth points always in direction of polaris and appr. the southern cross.

i suggest you should take a basic course of astronomy, that will help you understand this topic. you should than also be able to use a observation telescope and see the planets closer and see the structure of the moon surface.

BTW: as you already mention the southern cross, how do you explain that the southern cross does not move (or better say only a little) if the stars all circle the north pole?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:56:30 AM by Canadabear »

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »

with you FEIB it is sometime not easy to decide if you are serious, joking or being sarcastic.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »

Do you really think you're special? Just because you're having trouble comprehending astronomy and physics (while we're trying to hold your hand and explain how things work), that means thousands of years of scientific discovery are wrong? And you're right?

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »

Thank you for your help.

simple, the tilt does change in view of the plane that represent the circulation of the earth around the sun. the rotational axis of the earth points always in direction of polaris and appr. the southern cross.

i suggest you should take a basic course of astronomy, that will help you understand this topic. you should than also be able to use a observation telescope and see the planets closer and see the structure of the moon surface.

BTW: as you already mention the southern cross, how do you explain that the southern cross does not move (or better say only a little) if the stars all circle the north pole?

I don't have the faith to beleve that.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2017, 02:26:06 PM »

Well then it's a good thing you don't need faith, just a basic understanding of astronomy and spatial awareness.

Because I had 5 minutes and I was bored:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:44:06 PM by Dog »

« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »

And lack the initiative to find out. Or are you afraid to because you know what you'll find if you bother to look?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2017, 04:22:03 PM »
A dog feels no embarrassment for endlessly chasing its tail because its own kind understands it may one day succeed.

A REer feels no embarrassment for endlessly describing how the scientific method will one day find truth and its own kind agrees wholeheartedly. 

With people, however, there are FEers who can observe the REers redoing the same experiment over and over and over again.  Ladies and gentleman...there is no truth in science.

It does pain the eyeballs and leave the trained observer irritated/feeling sympathy, at times, with science types that really think they will find proof at the end of their journey.     

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2017, 05:05:11 PM »
  Ladies and gentleman...there is no truth in science.

Maybe in your eyes you can not see the truth of the science, but that does not mean that is really that way.
You simply do not understand science.
But that is not your fault, it's like that animals can not talk, they simply do not have the ability for that.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
with you FEIB it is sometime not easy to decide if you are serious, joking or being sarcastic.

I will keep this in mind moving forward.

I have a dry sense of humor in real life, prob even worse through text.

What is FEIB?

Maybe in your eyes you can not see the truth of the science, but that does not mean that is really that way.
But that is not your fault, it's like that animals can not talk, they simply do not have the ability for that.

Don't be snotty Canadabear...Thought Canadians are supposed to be well mannered and polite?

« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2017, 05:10:03 PM »

And that is the problem, you simply believe in something that is shown to you as wrong.
If you say you do not understand the explanations, that totally ok, not everybody can understand science. But that to say because you do not understand it and therefore it is wrong, that is simply stupidity and ignorance.

« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

I will keep this in mind moving forward.

I have a dry sense of humor in real life, prob even worse through text.

What is FEIB?

Don't be snotty Canadabear...Thought Canadians are supposed to be well mannered and polite?

FEIB = Flat Earth Idea Believer

And again you made an assumption without any knowledge:
Yes Canadian are well mannered and polite, but I may live in Canada but I am not an Canadian. I am a German, and you may know what that means  ;D

Bom Tishop

« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »

And again you made an assumption without any knowledge:
Yes Canadian are well mannered and polite, but I may live in Canada but I am not an Canadian. I am a German, and you may know what that means  ;D

That means I would never ride on a train with you.

As for your FEIB...Still trying to fruitlessly paint me in a corner I see...

?

dutchy

« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »
Science is foccussing on irrelevant matters far to much. We should be doing everything possible to share earth's resources, which is totally in reach of our current technological abilities when the hearts of men would see it as their main obligation, the ''scientific'' confusion has clouded our ultimate purpose to live in peace, share and take care for all that lives in an increased ''civilised'' manner.

Science has focussed on figuring out how we came into existance, where we are in the greater sceme of things and where we are heading for.
The result of that specific ''science'' is humanity without a real unified identity, but a mere cosmic accident that has occurred in billion other places in the cosmos too!!
Providing technology that focusses on selfish temporarely needs that slaughter animals by the millions each day in the most abusive way thinkable (i am a vegetarian btw)
increasing the gap between high and low iq equiped specimen through an absurd system of financial rewards, ruining the planet/plane in record time and let technology infiltrate our very humanity in a way that makes us extremely dependent on things that makes us physically and psychologically weak, selfish, and nihilistic on all accounts.

Of course current science has become the antithesis of real human progress.
Globalisation, technology and science will kill us all in the end.
Millions of drifting economical refugees, droughts, new deseases, the collapse of ecological systems, wars, Cyberwarfare is what we can expect in the near future according to many knowledgable people.

But the ''sythesiser voiceman'' and main scientific outlet from ''Ingurland'' is hoping for a space colony ready for departure in the next 50 years when we let the inevitable destruction of earth and mankind happen.
Some scientists should be ''put to jail'' asap, because all their time, government funding and speeches are foccussed on cosmic hypothesis and acceptance of a destroyed earth, instead of trying to solve inequality, poverty, invironmetal problems and an agenda that also benefits the wretched of the earth once and for all.
Their cosmic ''wetdream'' has to stop and has to be redirected in much more fundamental achievements that benefit ALL instead of the happy few but wicked.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:31:12 PM by dutchy »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
You are too polite! A better definition might be: "FEIB = Flat Earth Idiocy Believer".
Quote from: Canadabear
I am a German, and you may know what that means  ;D
Sure do! (and dare I say it?) :P Jawohl, Herr Kommandant!  :P
German precision ( :P and I hope sense of humour  :P) has been well respected for ages.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2017, 05:48:47 PM »
What a rant!!

That was a hell of a rant Dutchy...Though many things I agree with, a few I don't.

I have no problem with eating meat...But the animal cannot be miserable while alive or killed inhumanely. This is why I don't buy 1.99 per pound chicken from pilgrims pride...I buy 13 dollar a pound from a farm 70 miles from me, I have visited there, they damn near pet all the animals there. Completely free range and allowed to do what they do. Modern animal presses are disgusting, if that is all there was, I would be a vegi as well.

Although I agree with the wealth redistribution system being absurd (actually an understatement)...IQ is not the main factor...It may come into play a bit. The main thing is work ethics and drive.

Someone with a 200 iq is useless if they do nothing with it besides sit on their ass. I know many people, and friends with a few that are not that smart. However, they figured out they did one thing well, and we're smart enough to focus on that..Then they had the drive to exploit it, in return have done very well for themselves.

Of course, if someone has the drive AND the brains they will be a powerful double threat, but it is never just the IQ.

Other than that, well said.

?

dutchy

« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2017, 06:12:20 PM »
What a rant!!

That was a hell of a rant Dutchy...Though many things I agree with, a few I don't.
You're wellcome to give your point of view....always in for some new understanding !
I have no problem with eating meat...But the animal cannot be miserable while alive or killed inhumanely. This is why I don't buy 1.99 per pound chicken from pilgrims pride...I buy 13 dollar a pound from a farm 70 miles from me, I have visited there, they damn near pet all the animals there. Completely free range and allowed to do what they do. Modern animal presses are disgusting, if that is all there was, I would be a vegi as well.
I agree completely. I have nothing against certain animal consumption, but the way the bio industry has taken cruelty to a whole new level.
I am vegetarian for ONLY half a year now after an undecover reportage in a slaughterhouse of pigs.
It was the first time my youngest doughter (13) heard me cry like a baby on the couch with my Ipad. What they did to pigs was so hurting for my soul it simply hit the bullseye of my heart. I don't judge anyone eating meat, but i simply could no longer participate in it.
Although I agree with the wealth redistribution system being absurd (actually an understatement)...IQ is not the main factor...It may come into play a bit. The main thing is work ethics and drive.
Someone with a 200 iq is useless if they do nothing with it besides sit on their ass. I know many people, and friends with a few that are not that smart. However, they figured out they did one thing well, and we're smart enough to focus on that..Then they had the drive to exploit it, in return have done very well for themselves.

Of course, if someone has the drive AND the brains they will be a powerful double threat, but it is never just the IQ.

Other than that, well said.
What i meant is that some people are just smart enough to work on the fields or operate very straightforward machines in a factory.
Robotica and  ICT is going to make those induviduals obsolete very fast.
There are always some poor countries that will do the fieldwork even cheaper and clever software programms and robots surpass the majority of office and factory workers in the near future.
Do those induviduals have any economical value left ???
I think in the current system, not much sadly.....time to reconsider human values i guess....

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
The story so far.....

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2017, 08:16:49 PM »

Threat to who?   

Anyway, we in the western world mostly live in an oligarchy not a meritocracy.     
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2017, 09:33:44 PM »
I have no problem with eating meat...But the animal cannot be miserable while alive or killed inhumanely.

And now explain how "killing humanely" works...

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »
I guess to die without pain or suffering. I'm not sure why its called 'humane' like there is a positive spin on the act of killing.

Have you seen those videos where they skin animals alive for their fur and then toss them away like garbage? Have you seen rabbits just getting their fur yanked off piece by piece? Or where they boil kittens alive? Or how about the 'halal' slaughter houses where the cows are tied up, witness the death of other animals in front of them and are essentially hacked with a blunt knife?

If an animal lives a happy care free life, fed and looked after well and then goes to sleep one day and never wakes up. That's my ideal way to treat an animal you would consume. Certainly the end product is healthier for your own body then one from an animal which has been abused, sick and died in a painful, horrific manner.

However, even those companies that look after the animals you consume, are still involved in the pointless and horrible slaughter of the males upon birth and your continued purchasing of their products, supports an industry that kills many millions each year.

Also science can not be a religion. Religion is about faith - and for many, happy to live in a state of perpetual ignorance about the universe around them. Science is about the pursuit of knowledge. No agenda and no politics. Simply finding the truth - whatever it is. I guess you could be a science 'zealot' of sorts but the terms are at polar opposites.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »
I mostly agree, but
If an animal lives a happy care free life, fed and looked after well and then goes to sleep one day and never wakes up. That's my ideal way to treat an animal you would consume.
I do not think personal preference (eating meat) suffices to justify killing a happy animal.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »
Well, it can thank its very existence at all because we placed a value on its meat.

Then of course you see how much the western world wastes food and it really is a crying shame anything had to be put to death at all.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:40 PM »
Well, it can thank its very existence at all because we placed a value on its meat.
And then again, if we started to breed human slaves, children for pedophiles etc, would that be okay because their very existance is because we placed value on their (place anything here)?

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »
Nope. Some humans have the ability to draw a line somewhere. Others (perhaps yourself) have trouble drawing a distinction

Are you seriously having guilt about being on top of the food chain? No one here advocates treating lesser animal lives like shit.

Where the actual f#&k do you draw the line?

This was once 'alive' too

In fact, every fruit and vegetable you have eaten was once 'alive' until you picked it. Get over it. You are alive today because every day, something has died to sustain you.

Know your place