Flat Earth Globe...

• 19 Replies
Flat Earth Globe...
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:37:23 AM »
Good morning to everyone!
I'm new of the forum, and I'm really interested to this kind of argument!
I want to share this little point of view that I found on Youtube.
Everytime I read or watch something about the flat earth, I see that something is missing.. I don't know the truth...no one maybe, but I'd like to know what do You think about it.

Sara

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
Re: Flat Earth Globe...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
Care to elaborate on what you are asking people to click on and watch?

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 02:56:08 AM »
Everytime I read or watch something about the flat earth, I see that something is missing.. I don't know the truth...no one maybe, but I'd like to know what do You think about it.

Sara

Nice video and a wild imagination!
But, why would they hide a fact like that from the public, if earth's general shape still a globe and space exists?
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 04:38:39 AM »

Sara

But, why would they hide a fact like that from the public, if earth's general shape still a globe and space exists?

the same reason they do not tell that the earth is flat: simply because it is not real.

BTW why do you not believe his video, it has as much evidence as your flat earth idea model.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:16 AM »

Sara

the same reason they do not tell that the earth is flat: simply because it is not real.

BTW why do you not believe his video, it has as much evidence as your flat earth idea model.

My first proposed model was a globe earth ascending to heaven with the sun, the moon and all stars revolving around it - I based that idea not on my imagination but rather on what came in the holy books.

The idea in the video is a possibility if we interpret the common flat earth model and combine it with the globe model.
But again, the same question arises and which I couldn't find an answer for; why would they hide the truth about the shape of the earth, regardless of what it turns out to be?

And when I argue about something or propose a wild idea - I don't do that from my belief that earth is definitely flat, but rather I'll be eliminating all false theories and ideas that do not go inline with logic, not to mention with the math and physics.

I can only reestablish my faith and belief in what we've been taught, is by seeing how would things look like from the other side and from outside the box! > And, non look right, so far!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »

Sara

My first proposed model was a globe earth ascending to heaven with the sun, the moon and all stars revolving around it - I based that idea not on my imagination but rather on what came in the holy books.

than you base your idea of the world on the imagination of people that lived 1000-2000 years ago that did have not any idea of science.

The idea in the video is a possibility if we interpret the common flat earth model and combine it with the globe model.
But again, the same question arises and which I couldn't find an answer for; why would they hide the truth about the shape of the earth, regardless of what it turns out to be?

nobody hides the true shape of the earth, the earth is a globe

And when I argue about something or propose a wild idea - I don't do that from my belief that earth is definitely flat, but rather I'll be eliminating all false theories and ideas that do not go inline with logic, not to mention with the math and physics.
and that confirms the global earth.

I can only reestablish my faith and belief in what we've been taught, is by seeing how would things look like from the other side and from outside the box! > And, non look right, so far!
i also looked outside the box, and i come to the conclusion  that a flat earth is impossible, also a earth like in the video is impossible. these ideas do not fit with the reality.
the reality is simple a global earth in a heliocentric system, because i only saw evidence that supports this model and not one evidence that contradicts that system.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »

the reality is simple a global earth in a heliocentric system, because i only saw evidence that supports this model and not one evidence that contradicts that system.

So, the Earth is a sphere because that is the only thing you have been told?

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »

I saw the evidence for a global earth and the explanations and everything fits together.

For the Flat Earth Idea I saw not one evidence that would fit the reality.
Also all explanations from FEIB for their ideas where disproved.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 06:00:25 PM »
I do feel sadness for REers, on occasion, for how they were duped into believing the globe exists as a representation of Earth shape.

From a young age, we are mostly all taught by authoritarian enterprise (schools) about Earth shape and this naivete is passed along generationally. 

It will take getting FET back into schools to break this cycle and bring wisdom (and proper Earth shape calm) back to the forefront.   

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »
I do feel sadness for REers, on occasion, for how they were duped into believing the globe exists as a representation of Earth shape.
Thanks for your commiseration, but until Flat Earthers know what shape (ie where countries are and their sizes) there is no Flat Earth for people to "believe in".

Quote from: gotham
From a young age, we are mostly all taught by authoritarian enterprise (schools) about Earth shape and this naivete is passed along generationally. 
Speak for yourself!

Quote from: gotham
It will take getting FET back into schools to break this cycle and bring wisdom (and proper Earth shape calm) back to the forefront.
Really? How can you be "getting FET back into schools". It never was in schools since ancient Greek, Egyptian and Babylonian times.

I have seen no evidence that the Flat Earth was widely taught anywhere in the western world.
Certainly in "the Church", probably responsible for much of the education the accepted belief certainly seems to for a Globe, with belief in a Flat Earth being quite rare.

You might be interested in:
Quote from: Jonathan Sarfati
The flat earth myth
. . . . . .
flat-earth belief was extremely rare in the Church. The flat earth’s two main proponents were obscure figures named Lactantius (c. 240 – c. 320) and Cosmas Indicopleustes (6th century; the last name means “voyager to India”). However, they were hugely outweighed by tens of thousands of Christian theologians, poets, artists, scientists, and rulers who unambiguously affirmed that the earth was round. Russell documents accounts supporting earth’s sphericity from numerous medieval church scholars such as friar Roger Bacon (1220–1292), inventor of spectacles; leading medieval scientists such as John Buridan (1301–1358) and Nicholas Oresme (1320–1382); the monk John of Sacrobosco (c. 1195–c. 1256) who wrote Treatise on the Sphere, and many more.
. . . . . . . . .
One of the best-known proponents of a globe-shaped earth was the early English monk, theologian and historian, the Venerable Bede (673–735), who popularized the common BC/AD dating system. Less well known was that he was also a leading astronomer of his day.

In his book On the Reckoning of Time (De temporum ratione), among other things he calculated the creation of the world to be in 3952 BC, showed how to calculate the date of Easter, and explicitly taught that the earth was round. From this, he showed why the length of days and nights changed with the seasons, and how tides were dragged by the moon. Bede was the first with this insight, while Galileo explained the tides wrongly centuries later.

Here is what Bede said about the shape of the earth—round “like a ball” not “like a shield”:

“We call the earth a globe, not as if the shape of a sphere were expressed in the diversity of plains and mountains, but because, if all things are included in the outline, the earth’s circumference will represent the figure of a perfect globe. … For truly it is an orb placed in the centre of the universe; in its width it is like a circle, and not circular like a shield but rather like a ball, and it extends from its centre with perfect roundness on all sides.”

More in The flat earth myth.
And more in a similar vein:
Creation Ministries, The flat-earth myth and creationism
A flat earth, and other nonsense, Dealing with ideas that would not exist were it not for the Internet
Creation Ministries, Flat earth leader is an evolutionist!

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 08:26:27 PM »

Sara

Usually it's better to raise a point first then you can use videos and sources to back up that point.
BOTD member

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 04:33:56 AM »

the Flat Earth Idea was never in the schools, at least in no official school. I don't know what some parents teaches their children at homeschool.

it would be insane to teach something at school where is not one evidence exist to support that.

it would like they will teach in Biology that there are no bacteria and viruses because you can't see them with your own eyes and all microscopes are manipulated by the government and scientists to trick the people.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 08:02:35 AM »

the Flat Earth Idea was never in the schools, at least in no official school. I don't know what some parents teaches their children at homeschool.

it would be insane to teach something at school where is not one evidence exist to support that.

it would like they will teach in Biology that there are no bacteria and viruses because you can't see them with your own eyes and all microscopes are manipulated by the government and scientists to trick the people.
Is it insane to teach the theory of evolution or the theory of gravity in schools with no proof?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 08:26:50 AM »

Is it insane to teach the theory of evolution or the theory of gravity in schools with no proof?

evolution is proven.

shall they teach the creation Idea, where is the proof for that (other than a book that is written 2000-1000 years ago from people with scientific knowledge)

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »

Foolish boy.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »

That would be insane.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 01:18:27 AM »

That would be insane.

Hear, hear. I sometimes think even they're not listening to what they say..

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 02:02:55 AM »

I think you need to do one or all of the following:

Take the bag off your head
Go to school
Read some books on science
Listen to some podcasts on science
Stop watching silly flat earth videos on YouTube through those little slits in your head bag
Open your mind to the reality of life
Get a new avitar, that one with all the legs is really silly.

To attempt to debate with you is impossible when you say such incredibly stupid things. What stupid things you may ask, go and read your last post!

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 02:04:40 AM »

So what have you been told? Please share....

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 02:08:01 AM »

Have you ever stopped and considered for a moment where your own beliefs come from?
What were the sources?
How credible were those sources?
Please share so we can all gain some insight as to how you managed to gain your elevated opinion of yourself.