Earth curve calculator

• 22 Replies
Earth curve calculator
« on: May 08, 2017, 02:38:31 PM »
I created what I feel is a simple proof of flat Earth. Any coments?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfg1jGXfQK8_-2AGu4zQhsg
You all can have some fun ripping these apart also:

Enjoy yourself!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:59:20 AM by Sutiam »

Re: Earth curve calculator
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »
Can you summarize the approach you take in the video here?

How long is the video.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
I created what I feel is a simple proof of flat Earth. Any comments?
Nowhere near a proof.   Explain sun rise and set from different locations.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »
Eric can say it better than I:
200 proofs of flat Earth by Eric Dubay:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:30:11 PM »
200 proofs of flat Earth by Eric Dubay: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">200 Proofs Earth Is Not A Spinning Ball Videobook By Eric Dubay
The video would be beer titled "200 proofs of Eric Dubay's ignorance of the Globe, astronomy and physics".
And Eric Dubay has interesting things to say about this place:
Eric Dubay and The Flat Earth Society
Quote from: Eric Dubay
The Flat Earth Society is Controlled Opposition!
The Flat Earth Society is a controlled opposition group that mixes truth with lies and satire to discredit genuine flat Earth research, a job they have been doing for a long time now.

The Atlantean Conspiracy, The Flat Earth Society is Controlled Opposition!

And what other "Flat Earth Society" could he be talking about? I can't imagine TFES.org being accused of that!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 09:55:13 PM »
Where is your "Curve Calculator"?
I saw this video:

Flat Earth 10 mile bridge, James Farrell
That's all ;D CGI  ;D and meaningless in real life.

Now show us a 10 mile bridge that is perfectly flat as you claim.

And if you want real curve calculators, what is wrong with these?
Metabunk, Curve
Github, Earth Curve Calculator
Automated Calculator for Earth Curvature for a spreadsheet one.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 11:19:13 PM »
An animated video with some vague speculations is called proof?
do you even know what 'proof' is?
If so, Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote prove in almost every single episode that gravity takes a few seconds before it applies on you when you step off a cliff...
and that magnets can attract metal at any distance, you only need to point it to the right direction.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 06:13:21 AM »

I have some proof of your madness...go read you initial post.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 08:53:23 AM »

Yes.  It's shit.  Stop wasting your time.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 10:13:30 AM »
Can you summarize the approach you take in the video here?

How long is
I approach the bridge from the beginning, and proceed to the end. 10 miles.
The facts are from the Earth Curve calculator-they are not mine.

What bridge? What do the facts show?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »
You all can have some fun ripping these apart also:

Enjoy yourself!
I had the impression that 'Flat Earth Society' was for flat-Earthers to ask questions, and discuss this subject. It seems to be a favorite hang-out for 'globalist'. Why don't you people, who have a right to your opinion, form your own society, and leave us alone?

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 11:57:28 AM »
I had the impression that 'Flat Earth Society' was for flat-Earthers to ask questions, and discuss this subject. It seems to be a favorite hang-out for 'globalist'. Why don't you people, who have a right to your opinion, form your own society, and leave us alone?

I see it as a place for people to discuss flat-earth ideas.

If a flat-earth idea is clearly wrong, shouldn't someone point that out? One example of this comes up from time to time: "The earth can't be a spinning ball because at the equator the speed would have to be more than 1000 MPH! Everything would be flung off!!" A quick application of the formula for calculating centripetal acceleration shows that it is much less than 1% of the acceleration of gravity, so, no; not only is there no reason to expect everything to be flung off, it takes sensitive equipment to even detect.

When your ideas are challenged, it's an opportunity to strengthen your understanding of your idea and explain why it's correct, or, if you see it has a flaw, improve the idea or scrap it. Responding to constructive challenges constructively helps you.

?

frenat

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 05:55:58 PM »

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 06:25:48 PM »
One of the little snags with this website as a whole is that sometimes people (often FEs) throw out some supposed demonstration of Flatness that requires some experience or expertise with an uncommon science like aviation or architecture.  This is one such example.  We are presented with a suppositious ten mile bridge.  But I had thought that the seven mile bridge to Key West, Fla., was the longest bridge (at least in North America), and having ridden on that bridge more than once I can attest that it's not exactly level end to end.  So as far as I know, there is no perfectly level ten mile bridge. 

Notwithstanding, I would assume (in my amateurish way) that a bridge connects two points of land - points that both stand higher than the water between them.  So if the bridge between them were somehow perfectly straight and level, although the middle of the bridge might seem a bit closer to the water's surface than either end of the bridge is, it would still be possible.  At what point would the (presumed) curvature of the earth cause the water midway between the two ends of the bridge to wash over the surface of the bridge?  It probably depends a great deal on the relative height of the points of land and the distance between them, and a professional bridge builder could probably answer that question with little difficulty;  I would simply think that, judging from most steel suspension bridges I have seen (like the ones in NYC), the distance would be many miles more than ten.  Now, if you were a full 150 feet above sea level then the horizon would be just 15 miles away, so assuming your bridge is a good deal less than 150 feet above the water (sea level), say about 40 feet above the water, then ten miles would exceed the distance to the horizon (7.7 miles) - a perfectly straight roadway or bridgeway 10 miles long would stick out into the air like an enormous diving board.  So the example given is very doubtful.  The water surface of the planet follows its curvature, notwithstanding that in small quantities it appears to be perfectly level and straight, and a long bridge must, if it hopes to touch land at both ends, also follow the curvature.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:43:34 PM by Cartog »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
Non-CGI (not GCI either) image of Earth
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/135918main_bm1_high.jpg
And that is one of the few photos from space that shows all of Antarctica.
Geostationary satellites can't "see" much further south or north than 80° because they a too close.
EPIC on DSCOVR shows only half at a time and the Arctic and Antarctic and crammed at the top and bottom.
As in A total solar eclipse starting on March 9 00:15 UTC and ending on March 9 03:38 UTC.
There's sure plenty of curvature though!

?

hiphopipotamus

• You guys are dumb dumbs
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »
I find this claim that the earth is flat utter ridiculous and it's making me laugh.  I'd love to see someone take a boat to the end of the earth and fall off the edge.  Also, this isn't from NASA.  Looks to me like there's curvature to the world.

I love that there's an entire website and community built around this nonsense.  It's like 2nd graders have taken over the interwebs.
FEs are dumb dumbs

?

dutchy

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »
I find this claim that the earth is flat utter ridiculous and it's making me laugh.  I'd love to see someone take a boat to the end of the earth and fall off the edge.  Also, this isn't from NASA.  Looks to me like there's curvature to the world.

I love that there's an entire website and community built around this nonsense.  It's like 2nd graders have taken over the interwebs.
But then again, which planet are we dealing with ? Most certainly not earth, because the whole picture is filled with landmass only.
The use of gopro fisheye lenses that account for the curve as shown in the pictures is another option. Your pick..... ;D

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »

But then again, which planet are we dealing with ? Most certainly not earth, because the whole picture is filled with landmass only.
The use of gopro fisheye lenses that account for the curve as shown in the pictures is another option. Your pick..... ;D

There seems to be water in the farther regions.
It looks like a fisheye lens since the curvature of the Earth is exaggerated.
The shots from above his head also make it seem the camera has a fish eye lens.

Did Felix Baumgartner mention that the Earth looks flat? Nope.

Also, this sort of thing has been done before. Joe Kittenger Jr. did it in 1960.

Also, where is the ice wall? Where is the dome?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:27:51 AM by coffeecrisp »

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »

Your lack of perspective is incredible..

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 11:11:42 PM »

Your lack of perspective is incredible..
tell me about it.
In his reaction, he is clearly aware that a fisheye lense is being used...and still thinking that based on this picture, the whole "planet" is filled with landmass only...
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

BrightNextStep

• gravity is simple. spinning ball is simple. pick 1
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 03:03:18 AM »
eric nailed these trolls! 
200 proofs of flat Earth by Eric Dubay: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">200 Proofs Earth Is Not A Spinning Ball Videobook By Eric Dubay
The video would be beer titled "200 proofs of Eric Dubay's ignorance of the Globe, astronomy and physics".
And Eric Dubay has interesting things to say about this place:
Eric Dubay and The Flat Earth Society
Quote from: Eric Dubay
The Flat Earth Society is Controlled Opposition!
The Flat Earth Society is a controlled opposition group that mixes truth with lies and satire to discredit genuine flat Earth research, a job they have been doing for a long time now.

The Atlantean Conspiracy, The Flat Earth Society is Controlled Opposition!

And what other "Flat Earth Society" could he be talking about? I can't imagine TFES.org being accused of that!
Confirming İntikam's "Ignore List": FalseProphet,Lonegranger,alpha20mega,rabinoz,
napolean,Hannibaal,crutonius,Bullwinkle, rayzor,spacecowgirl,boydster
add: observer,cartog,boots,

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 03:35:16 AM »
eric nailed these trolls! 
Explain sun rise and set from different locations.
That site would be better entitled "200 proofs of Eric Dubay's ignorance of the Globe, astronomy and physics".

Now, BrightNextStep, if you think so much Eric DuBay's proofs,
just post them one at a time, in order, and we'll see how wonderful they really are!
Yes, we know quite a bit of the New Flat World Dictionary. For example
"Troll,
 n. Any person who dares question the obvious truth of The Flat Earth "
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:32:59 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 08:35:33 AM »
Eric Dubay is full of crap - he just does it to make money from YouTube.