The 1000% SHOCKING flat-earth truth!!! (about the southern summer solstice)

• 12 Replies
On Dec 21, 2016 (Summer Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere) ...

(1) Punta Arenas, Chile (southernmost city south in South America) had 17 hrs of daylight, 7 hrs of twilight, and 0 hrs of night
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/chile/punta-arenas

(2) Invercargill, New Zealand (southernmost city below Australia, but not quite as far south as (1) above) had 16 hrs of daylight, 5-1/2 of twilight, and only 2-1/2 hrs of night.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/new-zealand/invercargill

(3) Cape Town, South Africa (southernmost city on the African continent, but not quite as far south as (2) above) had 14-1/2 hrs of daylight, 3-1/2 hrs of twilight, and only 6 hrs of night.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/south-africa/cape-town

Explain exactly how three of the southernmost cities in the Southern Hemisphere all experienced in excess of 14-hr days and less than 6-hr nights when each location occupies a different "third" of the flat-earth map? How was there no night-time for Punta Arenas the same day the sun was shining brightly in both Invercargill AND Cape Town? Wouldn't the sun have to have left that "third" of the map COMPLETELY in order for the other two cities each to have experienced over 14 hrs of direct sunlight that day?

Stated another way, what could possibly explain the fact that the sun rose and could be seen at its normal location for the southernmost tip of South America, hang in the sky for 17 hours, then set in its normal location (without really setting this time since it is twilight instead of night for the next seven hours), THEN race around the rest of the outside border of the flat-earth map in record time, and rise again at the normal location for the southernmost tip of South America seven hours later?

Did the rest of the southern world get only seven hours of sun on Dec 21, 2016? Nope, because we also know that the southernmost tip of New Zealand saw the sun in its sky for 16 hours that same day, and the southernmost tip of South Africa saw the sun in its sky for over 14 hours that same day.

Let's assume there is at least SOME overlap between the time New Zealand's sun set and South Africa's sun rose, before it set again in South Africa and rose again in South America. Could ALL of that sun activity have happened in just seven hours? Is it even possible on a flat-earth map?

Junker

Quality title.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
I think the title would look better in red, bold, marquee and comic sans.

Yeah, definitely better.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:26:27 AM by Definitely Not Official »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Yeah, definitely better.

I like it!

Junker

Needs moar nyan cat.

Oh wait you can't do that here...

::nyan:: lives matter

Pezevenk

Yeah, definitely better.

I like it!

Thanks!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

I'll debate your questions in the only language and style understood by flat earthers. Anything well written would be left unread and a waste of time, so here it is...

Because.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

gotham

• Planar Moderator

Yeah, definitely better.

I lol'ed

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
On Dec 21, 2016 (Summer Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere) ...

(1) Punta Arenas, Chile (southernmost city south in South America) had 17 hrs of daylight, 7 hrs of twilight, and 0 hrs of night
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/chile/punta-arenas

(2) Invercargill, New Zealand (southernmost city below Australia, but not quite as far south as (1) above) had 16 hrs of daylight, 5-1/2 of twilight, and only 2-1/2 hrs of night.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/new-zealand/invercargill

(3) Cape Town, South Africa (southernmost city on the African continent, but not quite as far south as (2) above) had 14-1/2 hrs of daylight, 3-1/2 hrs of twilight, and only 6 hrs of night.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/south-africa/cape-town

Explain exactly how three of the southernmost cities in the Southern Hemisphere all experienced in excess of 14-hr days and less than 6-hr nights when each location occupies a different "third" of the flat-earth map? How was there no night-time for Punta Arenas the same day the sun was shining brightly in both Invercargill AND Cape Town? Wouldn't the sun have to have left that "third" of the map COMPLETELY in order for the other two cities each to have experienced over 14 hrs of direct sunlight that day?

Real "quality" answers too! But as well as answering the day length in those locations, what about the directions of both sunrise and sunset on Dec 21, 2016 (Summer Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere).

(1) Punta Arenas, Chile (southernmost city south in South America)
Sunrise 5:12 am at 133°, Sunset 10:11 pm at 227°.
Timeanddate, Chile, Punta Arenas, Dec 2016

(2) Invercargill, New Zealand (southernmost city below Australia)
Sunrise 5:50 am at 126°, Sunset 9:39 pm at 234°.
Timeanddate, New Zealand, Invercargill, Dec 2016

(3) Cape Town, South Africa (southernmost city on the African continent)
Sunrise 5:32 am at 119°, Sunset 7:57 pm at 241°.
Timeanddate, South Africa, Cape Town, Dec 2016

This map shows the locations of these three towns:

Ice Ring Map with Punta Arenas, Invergargill and Cape Town

These three towns are well south of the Tropic of Capricorn and at the summer solstice the sun is always over the Tropic of Capricorn.
So how is it possible for the sun to rise and set so far south of east or west?

You had me at '1000%'
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

Pezevenk

Yeah, definitely better.

I lol'ed

Indeed you did.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)