I see the sun overhead in Australia

• 32 Replies
Re: I see the sun overhead in Australia
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 03:23:33 AM »
Wait!! I suddenly understand it...I think...
It's like:
If you imagine the whole solar system as a giant round disk with the sun in the middle...
 the whole disk turns around the earth in a circular motion, except the axis on which the disk turns around is not in the center where the sun is located, but on the position of earth.
That way, the model looks just like the RE model...in fact...it IS the same model, because movement is relative...
thanks dispute, I needed that...

Yes, that is one way of understanding it.

All the model does is apply similar math which would apply if you were looking for the position of an astronomical object relative to your position on Earth.
So instead of Earth moving, everything else does.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 03:42:40 AM »
Wait!! I suddenly understand it...I think...
It's like:
If you imagine the whole solar system as a giant round disk with the sun in the middle...
 the whole disk turns around the earth in a circular motion, except the axis on which the disk turns around is not in the center where the sun is located, but on the position of earth.
That way, the model looks just like the RE model...in fact...it IS the same model, because movement is relative...
thanks dispute, I needed that...

Yes, that is one way of understanding it.

All the model does is apply similar math which would apply if you were looking for the position of an astronomical object relative to your position on Earth.
So instead of Earth moving, everything else does.
Yes, I got it now...everything is exactly the same, the only difference is the point of reference.
movement is relative... so it doesn't make any difference where your point of reference is, everything remains the same. It just changes your point of view, nothing else.

But then, you can say that the statement in the Bible saying something like "sun and moon rotate around Earth" is not wrong because the Bible's point of reference can be different than ours.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2017, 04:24:22 AM »
Yes, I got it now...everything is exactly the same, the only difference is the point of reference.
movement is relative... so it doesn't make any difference where your point of reference is, everything remains the same. It just changes your point of view, nothing else.

But then, you can say that the statement in the Bible saying something like "sun and moon rotate around Earth" is not wrong because the Bible's point of reference can be different than ours.
The issue is magic and math vs reality.

Mathematically you can have the sun revolving around Earth, but in reality, it doesn't work like that.
Regardless, the Bible is wrong about far more than just that, so even with allowing that, it is still fiction.