Why do people believe it is illegal for average people to travel to Antarctica?

• 144 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Why don't you instead open your eyes and go find out the real truth? Or are you too scared about what you might find out?

Ide like to, shillymclonegrangerson, but ide be shot for going to antarctica without a permit.
Incorrect! If you disagree, please provide proof.
Quote from: Arealhumanbeing
You know something? Arealhumanbeing not believing something means nothing in the real world.

Oh? So not believing in one president or the other and voting accordingly means nothing?
Big deal, millions don't bother voting!

disputeone

• Or should I?
How could he provide proof if he gets shot in Antarctica?

If there is a classified military base in Antarctica I doubt you could cite proof for it from google.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
How could he provide proof if he gets shot in Antarctica?

If there is a classified military base in Antarctica I doubt you could cite proof for it from google.
  • If he was shot, I would take that as good and sufficient evidence that  :'( he was right for once  :'(. RIP AHRB
  • Since AHRB seems to vehemently assert that "there is a classified military base in Antarctica", I must assume that he has good and sufficient evidence of same.
Though from past experience of AHRB he might be shot for attempting to smuggle a batch of AK-47s into Antarctica.
Which was against the rules, as Mary's little lamb found out.

And on the evidence side, AHRB seems pretty lacking in that department when it comes to the earth's shape.
There such evidence seems to be his oft repeated claim "EARTH is FLAT", accompanied, of course with the "appropriate" cuss words, commonly heard in abundance on CB radios.

So, I guess his evidence for "a classified military base in Antarctica" would be "of course there's a fxxxxxx 'a classified military base in Antarctica'"!

Hence, I consider that my original request (whatever is was? I've rambled on so much that I've forgotten) was who cares?. . . . . .

Ah yes, the usual shill response.

"I have been proven wrong so I will posts memes and incoherent nonsense."
How exactly did you prove him wrong?  He pointed out where the bases were, you just confirmed it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Why don't you instead open your eyes and go find out the real truth? Or are you too scared about what you might find out?

Ide like to, shillymclonegrangerson, but ide be shot for going to antarctica without a permit.
Then why not just go with one of the several tourist agencies that do have permits (along with experienced guides who can greatly improve your odds of surviving the trip)?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution

Then why not just go with one of the several tourist agencies that do have permits (along with experienced guides who can greatly improve your odds of surviving the trip)?

Lawl! You mean pay a small fortune to go on a disneyland jungle cruise type deal?

I am looking to cross antarctica and find the edge. Do any tours offer that?

Lawl! You mean pay a small fortune to go on a disneyland jungle cruise type deal?

On foot? Crossing Antarctica is not easy to do. Some make it, some try and turn back, but a few people who are well-prepared and know what they're doing still die trying.

If that's what you want to do, then stop posting on this entertaining but basically useless internet forum, start learning what equipment, supplies, support, and permits would be needed for a trek from the coast to the south pole. Learn how to use the equipment (including antique navigation equipment if you don't want to use modern gear) and get into shape physically. You can probably find a competent outfit or individual that would be willing to guide an overland trek; whether they would be willing to take you on (assuming you could afford it and avoiding mention of the flat-earth nonsense, which I highly recommend) is an entirely different question.

That won't be cheap. In fact, if you're in a position to even consider organizing or joining an overland Antarctic journey, I would highly recommend going on one of the many package cruises first, just to get a feel for what you're considering. The cost of a cruise would be a pittance compared to what you claim you want to do.

Don't take my word for it, though. Look up what's available. If you don't know where to start (hint: that's a problem), perhaps investigate some of the recent treks, see what you can learn about organizations they worked with, and ask for recommendations. Don't expect anyone to do this for you.

On the other hand, it's much cheaper, easier, and safer to just be a blowhard on this forum and whine about how unfaaaaiiir it is that "they" won't allow you to cheaply pop over to "the ice" on a whim and wander around at your leisure. Which will you do? We already know it'll be the latter.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

I don't know.  Why don't you call them up and ask them?

Antarctica has over 11,000 miles of coastline.  I don't think that it would be terribly difficult to find an unpatrolled area to sneak in if you're determined enough.

I don't know.  Why don't you call them up and ask them?

Antarctica has over 11,000 miles of coastline.  I don't think that it would be terribly difficult to find an unpatrolled area to sneak in if you're determined enough.

If you believe Antarctica has just over 11,000 miles of coastline, then there is no way the earth can be flat.  11,000 would never be able to stretch around a flat earth model.

I do agree with you though, IF you honestly thought that the government patrolled the coastline, it would be impossible to even come close to patrolling the whole edge.  It would be extremely easy to get into Antarctica.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

If you believe Antarctica has just over 11,000 miles of coastline, then there is no way the earth can be flat.  11,000 would never be able to stretch around a flat earth model.
I don't think the text is big enough because I still can't see where I said "just over".

You really are a silly man, there is no edge! It's been well explored, have you never read any of the early historical accounts long before any conspiracies raised their ingnorant heads. Go look them up. I would also say go look at some satellite imagery but I know that would cause you to blow one of you conspiratorial fuses.
The whole argument is just plain ridiculous are there is screeds of info relating to Antartica in the public domaine....go find....go read...and go learn. Though you are correct in regard to its coastline length it is indeed just over 11,000 miles. It's a big place at twice the size of Australia.

You really are a silly man, there is no edge! It's been well explored, have you never read any of the early historical accounts long before any conspiracies raised their ingnorant heads. Go look them up. I would also say go look at some satellite imagery but I know that would cause you to blow one of you conspiratorial fuses.
The whole argument is just plain ridiculous are there is screeds of info relating to Antartica in the public domaine....go find....go read...and go learn. Though you are correct in regard to its coastline length it is indeed just over 11,000 miles. It's a big place at twice the size of Australia.

If he's willing to go to the trouble to try to find the edge, prepares reasonably for the trip, is willing to not to leave a mess behind, and provides for a way to contend with (and pay for) emergencies, then why not? He'll fail because there is no edge, but as long as he conducts himself well, he should go for it!

If he thinks those cruises are "a small fortune" for what they do he may be in for a surprise, but he'll find this out for himself if he looks. He won't believe anyone that tells him otherwise, anyway.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
If he's willing to go to the trouble to try to find the edge...
Why would anyone think that?  ??? ??? ???

I don't think the text is big enough because I still can't see where I said "just over".

Why didn't you say "Antarctica has over 1 mile of coastline"... There is a lot to be implied when you write a statement like that.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

Why didn't you say "Antarctica has over 1 mile of coastline"... There is a lot to be implied when you write a statement like that.
Well, I was trying to imply that Antarctica has an awful lot of coastline and it's highly unlikely that all of it is patrolled, so sneaking in shouldn't be too terribly difficult.

Infer anything more than that at your own risk.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Tell me exactly how you would plan to 'sneak in' to Antarctica and why someone would be dumb enough to go to one of the most volatile and hostile places on Earth without telling anyone (or anyone that could arrange help if in distress).

Shouldn't be difficult you say. Tell us how it's done  :)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Antarctica doesn't exist. It is the hole in the donut-shaped Earth.

Want proof? Just look at my profile pic.
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

Not another DDEarther?
Is your muddle of the "Doughy Donut Earth"? the same as that of itsatorus or it the hole on the other side?

disputeone

• Or should I?
I miss itsatorus.
I'm anti-judaism.

Not another DDEarther?
Is your muddle of the "Doughy Donut Earth"? the same as that of itsatorus or it the hole on the other side?

I know you are, but what am I?
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

If he's willing to go to the trouble to try to find the edge...
Why would anyone think that?  ??? ??? ???

Hypothetical question. Nobody really does.

Difficult to argue with... (said in an encouraging voice)

Stage left
It's ok, you humour  him while I get the straight jacket...

disputeone

• Or should I?

Difficult to argue with... (said in an encouraging voice)

Stage left
It's ok, you humour  him while I get the straight jacket...

You're a f*ggot, Harry.

I'm anti-judaism.

?

Jwrichins

• Earth is a sphere
REEEE-Post
Round Earther Post
(Not good things)

Its funny how scientists say that Antarctica is an icy desert, meaning that its very dry and gets very little snowfall yet all the pictures of Antarctica showing its covered in snow. The pictures are fake guys. Who is to say that this pictures of south pole were not taken in Canada or Russia. You don't know. Earth is indeed flat and Antarctica is a gateway to infinite earth. Beyond Antarctica is an infinite paradise ocean on which the continents of paradise rest. The world we are living in is Matrix. Caged off environment, we are only allowed to live within this cell. Antarctica surrounds the known world and it locks you in. This and isolation from paradise infinite earth was not set up by any government nor authority of this earth. This was done by creator. The story of Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden is an allegory. It's a story about how men were driven out of paradise and forced to live in isolation. Antarctica was put there to prevent men from exploring paradise and going beyond. We are indeed in prison. So if u try to go to cross Antarctica the government doesn't have to stop you, someone else will, you will never be permitted to go beyond the known world. The only man who was ever allowed there is Admiral Byrd and even that is very questionable.
JJA voted for Pedro

Its funny how scientists say that Antarctica is an icy desert, meaning that its very dry and gets very little snowfall yet all the pictures of Antarctica showing its covered in snow.

Have you thought about, or maybe researched, why this is the case?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
More proof that birds are more advanced than humans.  They instinctively avoid dangerous regions that would kill them and lead to extinction.

Humans, on the other hand, when told to avoid a dangerous locale will flock to it and of course meet with a tragic ending.

They will around much longer than the oh so-called brilliant ones. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Its funny how scientists say that Antarctica is an icy desert, meaning that its very dry and gets very little snowfall yet all the pictures of Antarctica showing its covered in snow.

You missed this  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMurdo_Dry_Valleys
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
More proof that birds are more advanced than humans.  They instinctively avoid dangerous regions that would kill them and lead to extinction.

Are you saying that penguins are not birds?  ???

The Dodo and Moa must not have gotten that memo.