Let's Just Go to the Damn Ice Wall...Anyone??

• 36 Replies
Let's Just Go to the Damn Ice Wall...Anyone??
« on: April 26, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
I'm new to this forum. And I'm genuinely curious. Because I search for truth. And I know truth is often found in unpopular places...It's 2017. Why hasn't a bunch of like-minded flat Earth people came together and went on a 'voyage' if you will, to the ice wall, documented it, and thus proved the Earth is flat and not a globe? This group of adventurers would turn the world up side down. By flattening it out lol Of course, that's only true if they survived the trip, and lived long enough to tell their tale 😀 Obviously the cost of the trip would be repaid 1000 fold...I know there are some very rich flat earthers out there that would be very interested in the results. I can't believe a sponsor for such a venture cannot be found. I'm honestly amazed that something like this has not been done yet. Or maybe it is being planned as I speak and I am just unaware of  it? So. Instead of arguing and talking theory, let's just go practical. Because I'm a hands on kinda guy. Just go do it! So who wants to go? ☺ I don't have much money. But I do possess a skill set that people would find valuable on a big hike such as this. I was a U.S. airborne combat medic in a special operations unit. I am also a combat veteran, so I wouldn't panic when things don't go as planned. Or when they do. Such as finding a giant ice wall in a really strange place...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:05:46 PM by gomwelder »

Re: Why No Flat Earth Trips
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 03:53:09 PM »
I'm new to this forum. And I'm genuinely curious. Because I search for truth. And I know truth is often found in unpopular places...It's 2017. Why hasn't a bunch of like-minded flat Earth people came together and went on a 'voyage' if you will, to the ice wall, documented it, and thus proved the Earth is flat and not a globe? This group of adventurers would turn the world up side down. By flattening it out lol Of course, that's only true if they survived the trip, and lived long enough to tell their tale 😀 Obviously the cost of the trip would be repaid 1000 fold...I know there are some very rich flat earthers out there that would be very interested in the results. I can't believe a sponsor for such a venture cannot be found. I'm honestly amazed that something like this has not been done yet. Or maybe it is being planned as I speak and I am just unaware of  it? So. Instead of arguing and talking theory, let's just go practical. Because I'm a hands on kinda guy. Just go do it! So who wants to go? ☺ I don't have much money. But I do possess a skill set that people would find valuable on a big hike such as this. I was a U.S. airborne combat medic in a special operations unit. I am also a combat veteran, so I wouldn't panic when things don't go as planned. Or when they do. Such as finding a giant ice wall in a really strange place...

I think the problem is with the maps they use. They can't agree on which FE projection they should use so they all end up getting lost!

Re: Why No Voyages to the Ice Wall??
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 03:58:30 PM »
Lol I see. But this I think would be a simple fix. I think one bearing in a certain direction could be agreed upon. Just go and stay true to it. And play in reverse to get back. One that would bring you to the ice wall instead of let's say, Asia? Or some other globular continent lol

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 03:59:31 PM »

Oh look! The answer to your question!

Also even if there was enough money scunged together to go, the US government can always just say, nope! You cant go anyway!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »

Oh look! The answer to your question!

Also even if there was enough money scunged together to go, the US government can always just say, nope! You cant go anyway!

A true example of the American pioneering spirit.....

Re: Let's Just Go to the Damn Ice Wall...Anyone??
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
Well, I never been one to listen to everything the government tells me lol Besides, I fought for my freedom, and yours, to move about freely. And why would they have to know? It's none of their business. And if they did find out, and they DID say 'NO. YOU CAN'T GO.' Well. Then I'm DEFINITELY going! Lol Cuz why would they say no? Especially when you can jump on an airplane or ship and go anywhere on the 'globe'?

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 04:14:56 PM »
You can literally book trips to Antarctica.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 04:15:39 PM »

Agree 100%.  I have posted this same proposition myself.  It would end all debate ONCE AND FOR ALL; however, some youtubers make a pretty lucrative living by creating doubt.  Removing this doubt will remove their income.  They won't go.  You can go and I can go, but any evidence we produce will be "fake".

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »
Well, I never been one to listen to everything the government tells me lol Besides, I fought for my freedom, and yours, to move about freely. And why would they have to know? It's none of their business. And if they did find out, and they DID say 'NO. YOU CAN'T GO.' Well. Then I'm DEFINITELY going! Lol Cuz why would they say no? Especially when you can jump on an airplane or ship and go anywhere on the 'globe'?

Yeah you can say youll ignore the government all you want, but when youre labeled as a danger to the "environment" by setting foot places you shouldnt, and they hunt you down and either kick you out or kill you, its kinda hard to ignore that kinda treatment isnt it.

Theres no reasoning with a US soldier under orders.

Book all the trips to antacrtica you like, but theyre all disneyland style "keep your hands and feet inside the safe areas at all times" type deals. Its not exaclty pioneering.

What evidence for a flat Earth do you aim to acquire by spending 20,000 to hang around an already well established basecamp for a week?

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 04:36:58 PM »
RocksEverywhere, I know you can go to Antarctica. I'm not talking about going to the big chunk of ice on the globe. I'm talking about going to an Ice Wall where it shouldn't be...Pesa, I see what your saying. Alot of people are Talkers. There are only a few 'Doers'. Those are the ones I'm talking to. And those are the only ones that end up making a change or difference. And it wouldn't take many to do it. And all you would need is the backing of one or 2 famous, rich flat earthers willing to sponsor it. In the world we live in now, I wouldn't think pulling something like this off would be as impossible as many would think. When live in an age of networking that's ripe with idealism...As far as disproving and discrediting it. I would configure the trip in such a way, that the results could not be reasonably refuted to the unblinded eye. That would not be hard to do either...Like I said, I am a Truth seeker. At this point in my life, I am not subjectively swayed one way or the other. I would not be out to sway facts to suit my own. If it turned out to support a globular earth, I would accept it and state it as such. But. But what if it didn't??

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »
Trust me. I know for a fact there is a 'Grey Curtain' But hey, all anyone can do is kill you my friend. That is it. But believe it or not, there is reasoning with a soldier under orders. I know this. Cuz I was one. Just take a look at what happened with the soldiers in Bengazi. They were told to stand down. Straight from the top. And they disobeyed direct orders. In order to risk their own lives to go and do what they knew was right. Granted, they were government contract workers at that time. But ex-military, everyone. Just like me...But back to the Ice Wall. I would document the whole entire thing. Document them telling me, no ordering me not to go. Ordering a combat veteran not to go on some 'crazy ice wall' journey? Lol Why? Why not just let the 'crazy' guy go? Lol Unless. Unless maybe this 'crazy' is not so crazy? Shutting it down would only drastically increase more interest. And a failure would actually be a success. But if you are really thinking in those dark terms--if you really think it's that serious to them. Well, then I'll tell you EXACTLY what would happen. You would never know that they knew about the voyage. They would let you go. Then, out of nowhere, your ship would get sunk. And it would be reported as a group of Looney Tunes disappearing off some coast in search of a ridiculous Ice Wall. Probably taken down by bad weather. Poor idiots...So, if it's really that serious. The whole thing would have to be done in total secret. Guised as something else entirely. Then maybe. Just maybe. You could slip through one of the holes in the curtain.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
Well...I guess I'll have to get a bigger sailboat. And just do it myself.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
And Pesa, they can label it fake all they want. But whatever I found out, I know it would be real. And that's who I would be mainly doing it for anyway. To find out the truth, namely for myself...So. I have made up my mind. I am going to do it. By myself. For myself. And even if I could only survive half the journey, I can honestly say, seeing a giant ice wall where it shouldn't be would have been worth it. And if it's not there, then chances are I'll be ok. And sail right on to Japan or wherever...To all the Elect I say, God Speed!

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »
Trust me. I know for a fact there is a 'Grey Curtain' But hey, all anyone can do is kill you my friend. That is it. But believe it or not, there is reasoning with a soldier under orders. I know this. Cuz I was one. Just take a look at what happened with the soldiers in Bengazi. They were told to stand down. Straight from the top. And they disobeyed direct orders. In order to risk their own lives to go and do what they knew was right. Granted, they were government contract workers at that time. But ex-military, everyone. Just like me...But back to the Ice Wall. I would document the whole entire thing. Document them telling me, no ordering me not to go. Ordering a combat veteran not to go on some 'crazy ice wall' journey? Lol Why? Why not just let the 'crazy' guy go? Lol Unless. Unless maybe this 'crazy' is not so crazy? Shutting it down would only drastically increase more interest. And a failure would actually be a success. But if you are really thinking in those dark terms--if you really think it's that serious to them. Well, then I'll tell you EXACTLY what would happen. You would never know that they knew about the voyage. They would let you go. Then, out of nowhere, your ship would get sunk. And it would be reported as a group of Looney Tunes disappearing off some coast in search of a ridiculous Ice Wall. Probably taken down by bad weather. Poor idiots...So, if it's really that serious. The whole thing would have to be done in total secret. Guised as something else entirely. Then maybe. Just maybe. You could slip through one of the holes in the curtain.

Thats exactly what happened to Jarle Andhoy.

http://www.oldsaltblog.com/2012/01/jarle-andhoy/

And maybe Henry Worsley.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/01/25/world/henry-worsley-explorer-dies-antarctic/index.html

Earth is flat.

Wake up.

Its time for a revolution.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 10:53:41 PM »
If your all going to Antartica, which I think is a great idea, make sure to pack some warm socks and lots of flat earth maps, as you wouldn't want to get cold toes. I hear the penguin cooked John  Davis style is fab....enjoy

On a more serious note I actually think a trip could be organised. If it were part of a documentary it would make a great story. You would require 6 good characters all who were willing to be filmed, and are all staunch flat earthers. It could either be shot a 3x1 hour docs or as a 90 min feature. I am sure if you got in touch with a US based production company they would look upon it seriously.

Here is a very rough treatment....

Episode 1 would be meeting the characters, finding about who they are and preparing for the trip and finding out about their views on the shape of the earth and the whole FE conspiracy. During this episode a visit to a us based telescope would be interesting as well as meeting experts in various fields that contradict FE belief.

Episode 2 the journey, this would show you getting ready to go and reflecting on what went on in ep1, your visits and how you feel about your experiences with the experts you met. It would be great if a jet could be chartered for part of the journey USA to South America that could fly high enough for you all to witness the curvature of the earth. Imagine the reactions...then the denial. That would be great TV. Then the landing, the transfer to the ship and then the sea journey. Final shot of episode 2, a group of flat earther looking over the rail of the ship with Antartica looming out the mist.

Episode 3 the arrival, then the revaluation. A visit to one of the permanent research stations would be very cool.....meeting all the scientists who live and work there..
Interviews with all the FEers, about how they feel after seeing the truth.....
Final shot of the episode, all the FEers decked out in cold weather gear all standing at the South Pole.   Cut....role credits

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »
The fact that none of gone or there are no expeditions planned shows the true strength of their conviction. Which isn't very much. I think you'll find most flat earthers are trolling for lols

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 10:58:37 PM »
If your all going to Antartica, which I think is a great idea, make sure to pack some warm socks and lots of flat earth maps, as you wouldn't want to get cold toes. I hear the penguin cooked John  Davis style is fab....enjoy

On a more serious note I actually think a trip could be organised. If it were part of a documentary it would make a great story. You would require 6 good characters all who were willing to be filmed, and are all staunch flat earthers. It could either be shot a 3x1 hour docs or as a 90 min feature. I am sure if you got in touch with a US based production company they would look upon it seriously.

Episode 1 would be meeting the characters, finding about who they are and preparing for the trip and finding out about their views on the shape of the earth and the whole FE conspiracy. During this episode a visit to a us based telescope would be interesting as well as meeting experts in various fields that contradict FE belief.

Episode 2 the journey, this would show you getting ready to go and reflecting on what went on in ep1, your visits and how you feel about your experiences with the experts you met. It would be great if a jet could be chartered for part of the journey USA to South America that could fly high enough for you all to witness the curvature of the earth. Imagine the reactions...then the denial. That would be great TV. Then the landing, the transfer to the ship and then the sea journey. Final shot of episode 2, a group of flat earther looking over the rail of the ship with Antartica looming out the mist.

Episode 3 the arrival, then the revaluation. A visit to one of the permanent research stations would be very cool.....meeting all the scientists who live and work there..
Final shot of the episode, all the FEers decked out in cold weather gear all standing at the South Pole.   Cut....role credits

The flaw in an otherwise great idea is that there is no way any of them would believe the plane or ship followed a straight line. They would beleive they were drugged or any of the other lunatic explanations they come up.  But that would only make the doc more fun to watch.

BRING IT ON!

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 11:05:45 PM »
I honestly think you should look at this proposal seriously. It's made for a network like the discovery channel. If it were packaged in the right way, with the right characters and then presented like six intrepid pioneers seek the truth.....having looked at doc proposals in the past this could really work. If I were younger I would defiantly look into the possibility.
The whole thing about the truth and fake news is really hot at the moment, so go for it now.
It needs someone to pitch it to a producer. If you are serious I would be willing to help produce some basic paperwork, treatment etc that could be used in the pitch.
A snappy name....a snappy strapline...

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 11:08:18 PM »
I honestly think you should look at this proposal seriously. It's made for a network like the discovery channel. If it were packaged in the right way, with the right characters and then presented like six intrepid pioneers seek the truth.....having looked at doc proposals in the past this could really work. If I were younger I would defiantly look into the possibility.
The whole thing about the truth and fake news is really hot at the moment, so go for it now.
It needs someone to pitch it to a producer. If you are serious I would be willing to help produce some basic paperwork, treatment etc that could be used in the pitch.

I agree totally. I would definitely watch it and so would a lot of others. But I have no contacts. I was once an 'expert adviser' to a Discovery Channel show but that is as close as it gets.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 11:09:47 PM »

The flaw in an otherwise great idea is that there is no way any of them would believe the plane or ship followed a straight line. They would beleive they were drugged or any of the other lunatic explanations they come up.  But that would only make the doc more fun to watch.

BRING IT ON!

I honestly think that in this post Trump climate it would be a real seller. I don't often get excited about proposals but this one could have legs. It just needs the right characters, possibly 7.....magnificent 7 and all that. Three main hard assed flat earthers and the others for support.

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 11:12:37 PM »

I agree totally. I would definitely watch it and so would a lot of others. But I have no contacts. I was once an 'expert adviser' to a Discovery Channel show but that is as close as it gets.

I was a film maker but am based in the U.K.
The basic story is strong...seeking the truth...it just needs the right characters and script to drive the narrative.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »

BRING IT ON!

I honestly think that in this post Trump climate it would be a real seller. I don't often get excited about proposals but this one could have legs. It just needs the right characters, possibly 7.....magnificent 7 and all that. Three main hard assed flat earthers and the others for support.

And get a famous physicist or earth scientist with media presence to accompany them to assist with their 'learning'

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 11:16:08 PM »

I was a film maker but am based in the U.K.
The basic story is strong...seeking the truth...it just needs the right characters and script to drive the narrative.

Given your experience then why not make a formal proposal to a few companies? I agree that it could be a real interesting show - far better than the hideously ironic 'reality TV' shows that infest our unwatchable TV channels now. With the right budget it could be truly amazing especially in the Trump anti-science times. Perhaps we could get Scott Pruitt on the trip as well.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 11:16:52 PM »
Okay, who should we get for the cast

As this would go on TV and would ultimately need to be entertaining to make the investment worthwhile, I vote intikam

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »
Certinally food for though, as there are so many interesting directions it could be taken.

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 07:27:38 AM »
I like it. It's CRAZY you all bring this up. Why? Because I've been thinking of this exact thing for awhile now. Rolling it around in my head. Until I finally sat down, put pen to paper, and wrote a script for it. Recently completed too. Noone has read it yet 🙂 I'm still tweeking it. But it's not a documentary. It's a screenplay for a movie. A drama/suspense type. It's theme is the search for Truth in a world where it is so hard to find. It's perfect timing right now for this too. Fake news, etc. How do we tell what is true and real anymore? How do you know it is real when you hear it? Even seeing it, if not with your own eyes. It was inspired by events and experiences in my own life...Here is the gist of it, compressed way down into a really small box...The lead role is the central point. Everything in the script revolves around him and contributes something to the development of his character and carries along the plot. It opens with a scene showing him as a child. He is looking at a globe in a classroom. Spinning it....Fast forward. The kid grows into a man. His curiosity grows. So he becomes a physicist. One that diligently studies and learns all the popular science, theories, and formulas. And generally agrees with most of them. Seeing the holes in them as a challenge. He is an out of the box type thinker. He is mocked by many of his collegues for this attitude. He does not care. He is a loner. He's not the nerdy type though. He is very serious. Intense. Think Russell Crow in Beautiful Mind. One day something catastrophic happens. It changes him physically. It changes him mentally, and physically. Plot accelerates quickly. Strange things start to happen, things only he observes He sees very strange things in his telescope (portals, dome reflections, etc.) It builds and builds until it becomes a frantic grasp for reality. Is God doing this? Is he going crazy? Is it brain damage from the tragic event? Oh, forget to mention. He lives in California and is an avid sailor. This was made known earlier in the movie. Kinda lightly thrown in. Along with alot of other small events that only makes sense when the climax at the end is realized. Anyway, it builds to the brink of madness. Then all of a sudden, he is packing his sailboat for a trip. Where is going? Running away? Vacation?? He starts out from the California coast like always. But he doesn't look relaxed at all. No vacation here. Not running either. He is going somewhere. With intense purpose.  He slams down his fist and places his finger on a global map. On Asia. Asia?  He picks up another map that we don't see. Where is he going? Asia? Why? He fights a few storms, etc...It all ends with a calm morning. He is looking at a map. He sets it down on a table and gets up to leave. We catch a glimpse of map. But it's different this time. It's a flat Earth map.( Most viewers won't catch this) He walks out onto the deck into the morning light. Camera facing him, he looks in disbelief, dropping his coffee. It shatters on the deck. His utter disbelief turns to joyful laughter. Which turns to tears. He falls down to his knees as the camera pans out and away. Revealing what caused him to react this way...A giant wall of ice. Stretching out in both directions. As far as the eye can see. The camera goes back to him. He is looking up now, wiping away the tears. He is smiling. But this quickly changes too. It changes to curiousity. Because he sees something else now. He suddenly realizes what it is. His face turns to a look of intense anger. He stands up. The camera slowly pans closer. Closer. He is enraged now. But why? What is he looking at now? Then we hear it...it's helicopters. Oh, I forgot to mention. There is a globe that he keeps on the deck of his sailboat. His school teacher gave it to him as a child. Everytime he would walk by it while sailing, he would spin it. Just like he did as a child in the opening scene. Now furiously looking at the approaching helicopters, he suddenly glances down at something. His face immediately relaxes...It's the globe. He smiles innocently and spins the globe. Spins it one last time. He chuckles and shakes his head. The helicopters grow louder. Closer. He looks back up at them. The intensity returns. Suddenly, in one last act of rage, he roars and jerks the globe off of its base. And hurls it at the helicopters still in the distance. It falls harmlessly into the ocean. Breathing heavy now, he plops down onto the deck. He slowly sits up. Puts his face in his hands. Then he looks back up. Its a look of peaceful resolution. He focuses back on the helicopters. They are really close now. (We never see them) He stands up. He says one word, 'OK'. Screen goes black.  The key to all this is the viewer never really knows what's going on...the portals, dome reflections, etc. are never explained. The beauty of it is that most ppl know nothing about flat earthers and what they think. The viewer is thinking, what's wrong with this guy? What does all this weird shit mean? But the curiousity grows. It builds and builds to the climax at the end, where it is all realized. But not explained. That part is left to the viewer to go and figure out..Another big key to pulling this off is the obvious things--music, lighting, etc. Theres not alot of dialogue. It's not needed. It would mostly rely on the visual sense to convey the plot and emotion. Finding a GREAT actor would be paramount. Think, The Revenant meets The Truman Show meets Signs meets The Road lol...So there you go. What do y'all think? Honest critiques welcome...I think this has serious potential. Anyone that is connected that is interested in helping me move forward with this project plz send me a pm. Thanks

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 07:38:54 AM »

And maybe Henry Worsley.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/01/25/world/henry-worsley-explorer-dies-antarctic/index.html

Earth is flat.

Wake up.

Youre saying flat Earthers have no conviction. But you have no proof that these two people were not flat Earthers and in search of the truth. Which is that the Earth is flat. Maybe they were looking for more proof and thats why they were killed...

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
Series title ideas:

Ice Wall Trekkers

Penguin Dynasty

Survivor: Ice Wall

Zeteticist Idol

The Flat World

Man vs. Wall

Theme song:

"Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the EDGE"

Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 10:11:47 AM »

And maybe Henry Worsley.

Earth is flat.

Wake up.

Youre saying flat Earthers have no conviction. But you have no proof that these two people were not flat Earthers and in search of the truth. Which is that the Earth is flat. Maybe they were looking for more proof and thats why they were killed...
Prove it

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
Prove what? That they were flat Earthers or that they were killed in antarctica looking for the wall or that Earth is indeed flat?