I blame the education system

• 27 Replies
I blame the education system
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:08:23 AM »
There is something deeper going on in our society that somehow enables Flat Earthers to believe they are making cogent arguments... They are not.  You can't reason with them.  Period.

You just can't pull stuff out of your @$$ and claim that it is science just because you throw some science words behind it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:10:27 AM by pesadilla143 »

?

dutchy

Re: I blame the education system
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 09:30:27 AM »
There is something deeper going on in our society that somehow enables Flat Earthers to believe they are making cogent arguments... They are not.  You can't reason with them.  Period.
I too blame the educational system by impregnating a globe and dinosaures in children's minds' at elementary school from day one.
We all know that something that is repeated and told as absolute truth in the earlier stages of our lives, cannot be replaced with something else without extreme measurements.

Many  flatearthers felt extremely uncomfortable when they took their first step in another direction than the spinning globe.......
I remember  i started doubting the moonlandings 15 years ago, feeling strange and ashamed to have similar thought as a Texan hillbilly science denier.
I didn't tell most people, feeling ashamed about my 'new' views.

That is how mind control works and the moment people go to the university, there is hardly a way back for any form of reconsideration.
In in the process the creator of everything is denied by the overwhelming proof that 'science' gathered over the years.
Like me there are lots of people awakening, because we know that the ungodly nihilistic cosmic reality is a fabrication of wicked men.
But that wasn't something i woke  up with the other day, it was a process of emotions, pain and joy.
But i (and many others),....will not go back to the matrix ever again.......and that is what you read thousends of times in the comment sections of youtube videos.
The repair job is a little to late, few have any idea how fast the movement is growing in numbers..........

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:38:47 AM »

You just can't pull stuff out of your @$$ and claim that it is science just because you throw some science words behind it.

For what it's worth I think you are on to something. The whole post enlightenment, darkenment, or newage movement call it what you may has often been viewed as one of anti-science and pro belief.  What ever it's called has certinally been growing in power during my lifetime, case in point is the continuing debate over climate change.
Why should there still be a debate when we are dealing with basic measurements. Down the road from where I live there is a big display on a building which gives a readout of CO2 in ppm. For the last five years the sign has been there the numbers have been getting bigger and bigger.
While this local measure is interesting it's certinally could not be extrapolated to give a global picture. There are however other much more global measurements that confirm my local data that prove the amount of CO2 and worrying methane is our atmosphere is increasing. The problem is those on the anti science side of the argument are willing to ignore this while those that understand science see it as a potentially major problem.
We only have to cast our eyes at our neighbour Venus to see what high CO2 levels can create, and that whole argument about planetary exploration is another whole can of worms. Worms that include religion, belief, conspiracy etc....etc...

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »
I too blame the educational system by impregnating a globe and dinosaures in children's minds' at elementary school from day one.
We all know that something that is repeated and told as absolute truth in the earlier stages of our lives, cannot be replaced with something else without extreme measurements.

Many  flatearthers felt extremely uncomfortable when they took their first step in another direction than the spinning globe.......
I remember  i started doubting the moonlandings 15 years ago, feeling strange and ashamed to have similar thought as a Texan hillbilly science denier.
I didn't tell most people, feeling ashamed about my 'new' views.

That is how mind control works and the moment people go to the university, there is hardly a way back for any form of reconsideration.
In in the process the creator of everything is denied by the overwhelming proof that 'science' gathered over the years.
Like me there are lots of people awakening, because we know that the ungodly nihilistic cosmic reality is a fabrication of wicked men.
But that wasn't something i woke  up with the other day, it was a process of emotions, pain and joy.
But i (and many others),....will not go back to the matrix ever again.......and that is what you read thousends of times in the comment sections of youtube videos.
The repair job is a little to late, few have any idea how fast the movement is growing in numbers..........

I think your post clearly lays out the devision.....science or belief.
Though I think blaming the poor extinct dinos is rather harsh, what did they ever do to cause you harm?

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 09:47:20 AM »
I think it's funny how scientists here are generally regarded as either in on the conspiracy, or the most brainwashed of them all.

Meanwhile, scientists are probably the hardest of all people to brainwash. They're the ones who are the most actively seeking the truth and the majority of them will be ever so glad to be able to prove that the current accepted theory is wrong. And that's how it has been for centuries.
Are university students being loaded with lots of propaganda and brainwashing? No. The main point of university is to provide students with the tools to continue expanding our knowledge. University students don't sit around all day learning the names of planets or dinosaurs from the top of their head, they learn tools and skills to be able to find out for themselves what the best theory is to explain their observations.

Besides, there is a reason that university researchers represent a significant part of the most intelligent people on earth. They're not in it for the money, because universities generally tend to pay shit - no, they're scientists because they want to, because it's their passion.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »

I'm not a flat earther.

I would not say that there is something wrong with society because the numbers of flat earthers is probably very low. No matter what idea you have, no matter how crazy, there will ***always*** be somewhere a believer.
Some of the reasons is due to size. The Earth is huge, so it isnít obvious that it is spherical. Confirming the shape requires technique, science methodology and none of them have invested in doing work. To be honest, neither have I. None of them work in the sciences (something that would provide evidence of a flat earth).

In the case of some of them, it is not just a flat earth thing. The entire branches of science isnít teaching people their religion. They are jews, christians, muslims. You can easily do a web search and find plenty of pages.
I made a video recently where I downloaded someoneís video. He says there is a dome because the bible says so.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 11:22:03 AM »

I'm not a flat earther.

I would not say that there is something wrong with society because the numbers of flat earthers is probably very low. No matter what idea you have, no matter how crazy, there will ***always*** be somewhere a believer.
Some of the reasons is due to size. The Earth is huge, so it isnít obvious that it is spherical. Confirming the shape requires technique, science methodology and none of them have invested in doing work. To be honest, neither have I. None of them work in the sciences (something that would provide evidence of a flat earth).

In the case of some of them, it is not just a flat earth thing. The entire branches of science isnít teaching people their religion. They are jews, christians, muslims. You can easily do a web search and find plenty of pages.
I made a video recently where I downloaded someoneís video. He says there is a dome because the bible says so.

You are making too much sense.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 11:37:56 AM »
You know it! I made a two sided sign saying God Is Real and Earth Is Flat that I will be preaching with near my home. People complain often, but the fact of the matter is America has freedom of religion.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »
Teachers indoctrinate and brainwash poor pupils.

What about priests and preachers and religious leaders?
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 08:21:18 PM »

For what it's worth I think you are on to something. The whole post enlightenment, darkenment, or newage movement call it what you may has often been viewed as one of anti-science and pro belief.  What ever it's called has certinally been growing in power during my lifetime, case in point is the continuing debate over climate change.
Why should there still be a debate when we are dealing with basic measurements. Down the road from where I live there is a big display on a building which gives a readout of CO2 in ppm. For the last five years the sign has been there the numbers have been getting bigger and bigger.
While this local measure is interesting it's certinally could not be extrapolated to give a global picture. There are however other much more global measurements that confirm my local data that prove the amount of CO2 and worrying methane is our atmosphere is increasing. The problem is those on the anti science side of the argument are willing to ignore this while those that understand science see it as a potentially major problem.
We only have to cast our eyes at our neighbour Venus to see what high CO2 levels can create, and that whole argument about planetary exploration is another whole can of worms. Worms that include religion, belief, conspiracy etc....etc...

To be fair, I think you are wrongly equating disagreement with denialism. There are a lot of very credible scientist who dispute aspects of climate change. The big problem is putting the issue into two camps - pro and con while the vast majority of people are actually in neither. Measuring CO2 concentrations is on its own, a worthless bit of data unless you can make a connection between it and anything measurable and effective. For me - and many others - the utter failure of every climate prediction and model to date causes me to instinctively query the various 'catastrophe' scenarios. And some of the arguments put forth would make a flat-earther cringe - the Venus one for example. As if another planet, far closer to the sun and with an absolutely different environment and CO2 levels millions of time ours is in any conceivable way, a template or examples for us.

On the fringes of both pro and anti climate change argument lies utter fruitcakes. IN between however are people willing and capable of debating the science and the history credibly and conherently. Because they disagree does not make one side a 'denier'.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »

To be fair, I think you are wrongly equating disagreement with denialism. There are a lot of very credible scientist who dispute aspects of climate change. The big problem is putting the issue into two camps - pro and con while the vast majority of people are actually in neither. Measuring CO2 concentrations is on its own, a worthless bit of data unless you can make a connection between it and anything measurable and effective. For me - and many others - the utter failure of every climate prediction and model to date causes me to instinctively query the various 'catastrophe' scenarios. And some of the arguments put forth would make a flat-earther cringe - the Venus one for example. As if another planet, far closer to the sun and with an absolutely different environment and CO2 levels millions of time ours is in any conceivable way, a template or examples for us.

Actually a decent post.

On the fringes of both pro and anti climate change argument lies utter fruitcakes. IN between however are people willing and capable of debating the science and the history credibly and conherently. Because they disagree does not make one side a 'denier'.

Welp, I take it back.
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 08:24:15 PM »
Also, this.

My baby's always dancin'
And it wouldn't be a bad thing
But I don't get no lovin'
And that's no lie
We spent the night in Frisco
At every kind of disco
From that night I kissed our love goodbye
Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on good times
Blame it on the boogie
Don't you blame it on sunshine
Don't blame it on moonlight
Don't blame it on good time
Blame it on the boogie
That nasty boogie bugs me
But somehow it has drugged me
Spellbound rhythm gets me on my feet
I've changed my life completely
I've seen the lightening leave me
My baby just can't take her eyes off me
Blame it on the boogie

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »

You seem, to equate teaching and preaching with Brainwashing. That is is rather ridiculous as it precludes the idea of intelligent students and ethical teachers.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 08:50:20 PM »
Also, this.

My baby's always dancin'
And it wouldn't be a bad thing
But I don't get no lovin'
And that's no lie
We spent the night in Frisco
At every kind of disco
From that night I kissed our love goodbye
Blame it on the boogie
Don't you blame it on sunshine
Don't blame it on moonlight
Don't blame it on good time
Blame it on the boogie
That nasty boogie bugs me
But somehow it has drugged me
Spellbound rhythm gets me on my feet
I've changed my life completely
I've seen the lightening leave me
My baby just can't take her eyes off me
Blame it on the boogie

Maybe you are just drunk. Your posts today have been largely 'menstrual'.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 09:16:41 PM »
Or just bored and poking you for lulz, your insults are kinda lame.

I'm on a level that you'll never be mate, you'd have to finish every game that's ever been made. So, get ready for my sin city committee.

Probably gonna have a few beers tonight so you'll have to stick around.

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 09:20:16 PM »
Or just bored and poking you for lulz, your insults are kinda lame.

I'm on a level that you'll never be mate, you'd have to finish every game that's ever been made. So, get ready for my sin city committee.

Probably gonna have a few beers tonight so you'll have to stick around.

You and TRump should get together. You apparently have the same mental problems except he is more successful than you.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:48 PM »
Is he?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 10:13:12 PM »
He is.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »
He is.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 10:23:51 PM »
You know it! I made a two sided sign saying God Is Real and Earth Is Flat that I will be preaching with near my home. People complain often, but the fact of the matter is America has freedom of religion.

....and you complain about indoctrination and brainwashing!

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »

....and you complain about indoctrination and brainwashing!

Well hypocrisy is kinda FE 101.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »
I blame close minded ignorance.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 01:16:59 AM »

They do exactly the same.
We are controlled from start to end.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 02:31:11 AM »

mental patients and small minds like you might be controlled, but intelligent and informed people are not.

Just because you are a dimwit and easily led does not mean the rest of us are.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 02:35:10 AM »
Fliggs call scepti what ever you like, at the end of the day he is a decent human being, I can't say the same about you.

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 02:42:58 AM »
Fliggs call scepti what ever you like, at the end of the day he is a decent human being, I can't say the same about you.

Human, yes. Mentally well, not so much.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 02:49:30 AM »

Human, yes. Mentally well, not so much.

I don't think you're mentally well, but I keep it to myself, well, at least I have until now.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 03:57:37 AM »

I think what is interesting is the way in which many American's on this site think, tending to believe that the state is a hostile entity, out to do them no good, feed them misinformation and ultimately control them,while here in the U.K. we view the state as a much more benevolent organisation representing, to a degree,  the people who elected them.