Proof that the Earth is indeed flat

• 179 Replies
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2005, 12:54:32 PM »
Not to mention that you cannot make an accurate map of the earth's continents without putting it on a globe.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
Re: Proof that the Earth is indeed flat
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2005, 01:49:20 PM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
When I was a child I was told by my teachers that If I dig down in the ground I would eventually come to China. Would that not make China upside down? Wouldent the people be falling off the face of the Earth in China?  The list goes on and on.

the reason China is not an upside-down country is because the concept of up varies, based on where the gravity is coming from. Where ever the strongest gravitational pull is coming from, that becomes down, and the opposite of that becomes up.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2005, 01:58:21 PM »
but in another post it says that gravity is causd by the earth flying upward so yes, chinese should fall but never will because THE WORLD IS ROND!!!
efore making fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then your a mile away and you have their shoes.

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2005, 06:07:11 PM »
yay, intelligence
 hate you all... The world is a god damn icosahedron you bunch of flatearther bogans.

?

canadadry

?
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2005, 09:24:17 PM »
When an airplane flies from Toronto to Paris, it doesnt fly in a straight line, it travels on a curve.  Because that is faster than flying straight according to a laid out map.

What generates the jet stream? How come we dont hear people falling off the earth? How come we dont see the big ice wall? How come we cant dig and fall through? Thermodynamics says that heat moves to a colder place, why does the north pole not melt?  How come the big ice wall doesnt melt?  

I say the earth is spherical because science says that earth tilts on an axis which gives the poles 6 months of darkness allowing it to stay cool.

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2005, 10:26:11 PM »
Well if the security organization is fact, and thus has been proved to such an extent that to deny it's existance would be preverse, then please give us details about this security agency. A name, a story, a picture. It is easy to say that there is a wall of ice but you can't see it because it is protected. Like ancient maps..... "here be dragons." If you can't explain it, explain why you can't know it...... this philosophy has slowed the course of science. boooooooooooooo

?

stillybig

« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2005, 10:53:51 PM »
Once you'd past the centre of the Earth you'd seem to be digging upwards (due to the gravitational pull from the centre) so you'd come out the right way up.

Before I say anything about this I'd like to say I think the earth is round and really couldn't give two shits if anyone said it wasn't, but I saw this little snippet and something caught my attention.  I'm no theorist, scientist, nor am I even very smart for that matter, but something about this struck me as odd.

Now, theoretically speaking, as you stated if one was to dig through the center of the Earth (which we know is impossible to do but just for you stupid fucks who will say I think its possible.. well, stop being such faggots), once you passed the center you would seem to be digging upwards.  At this point, which we'll reference to as the "gravitational flip" because I really don't know what the fuck else to call it, what would happen beneath one's feet?  Since gravity would flip and they would be digging upwards towards the "ceiling", theoretically the ground beneath them would be their anchor on which gravity is forcing them - but they have dug away that ground.  Would they freefall all the way back the the original surface, or would they just keep bouncing off the "gravitational flip" and just float right up fucked river?  Theoretic thought always bugs me, such as time travel, and this one gets me as well.  What would happen if you dug to and hit the gravitational flip with no ground beneath you?  When you hit that point, what's down becomes up, is that not correct?  Well, if you hit that point, down would be nothing but an empty void equaling the radius of the earth (which you have dug through).  Can anyone shed some light on this? My head hurts.

« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2005, 11:01:49 PM »
It is not too complicated. First of all, the exact center does not refer to an area the size of a pin point, but much larger. Besides being crushed by enormous pressure nad burning to a crispy crisp before you can say "dang," say you had a perfect sphere of indestructable metal in the exact center of the earth that excluded you from burning or being crushed,, and you were inside of it, you would most likely be floating.

?

stillybig

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2005, 11:07:46 PM »
Quote from: "Icono"
It is not too complicated. First of all, the exact center does not refer to an area the size of a pin point, but much larger. Besides being crushed by enormous pressure nad burning to a crispy crisp before you can say "dang," say you had a perfect sphere of indestructable metal in the exact center of the earth that excluded you from burning or being crushed,, and you were inside of it, you would most likely be floating.

Well of course I threw out all logic of being burned up or crushed, I was speaking in theoretics of gravity.  Why would you float? Would it be because of a point of zero gravity or a point at which gravity is pulling from both poles equally, such as suspending a paperclip between two equally strong magnets (in which case I assume the upper magnet would have to be stronger to compensate for the gravitational pull on the paperclip)? If you consider the second scenario, what if something "bumped" you towards the other side of the gravitational flip, across from the point of flotation?

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2005, 11:15:32 PM »
You are mixing-up magnetic field and gravitational pull. Gravity is distributed in all directions NOT BY POLLS!!!!! you are being pulled towards the center of the earth no matter where you are. If you are in the exact center, then the force is the strongest (yes, strongest in the middle). So you would be crushed. provided you are not crushed because you are in the center and imune to the pressure, you would be floating..

?

oblivioN

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2005, 01:01:23 AM »
I will try to answer your questions. You asked me why there would be a government coverup. My answer to you would be I dont know why. One could assume It has to do with the Bible. In the past man did not have all the achievements that he does today. Computers, airplanes, ext... The government and the security orgaisation knows that if we through technology, find out the truth, this would disturb many peoples so they have come up with the so called round earth.  Through Academic institution, NASA Computers, they can doctor evidence and call this the truth when we all know if you look into the distance the earth looks flat.

what? ok here goes............

i am a private pilot and i can ASSURE you that the earth is round.
if you want proof go to a beach and watch a boat sail away from you if the earth were flat you would see the boat until it disapeered into the fog/end of your view. yes the whole boat and nothing but the boat.  since the earth is round the boat slips out of view from the bottom up.....

<3 entensity for making me laugh about this**

?

oblivioN

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2005, 01:39:40 AM »
The earth is flat proof lies in the fact that It seems flat if you look at it, I explaned how gravity works and you seemed to reject it for some reson, I assume its becuase you read books and think that they are correct when if you look at my example you will see why I am right. Go back to school and critically analize the facts and you will see that I am correct

when i look at my television the people look 3d but.. in reality they are flat. unless of course u are poor and cannot afford a flat screen tv. then they would be curved (but that is beside the point)  you cannot believe everything that you see. if the earth was flat you would be able to stand at one of its highest points.. and see the whole damn thing. and even at its low points you would be able to see a whole lot farther away than u damn well can now.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2006, 05:38:35 PM »
Quote from: "Sacradotal"
:idea: Maybe if we were to build our own "satilite" (our Earth is not round therefore it will not orbit the plane of the Earth) it could finally prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the world is infact flat as a pancake!

So do it.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

?

hahahahahahahahaha

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »
ah THE BIBLE. the same scripture used by the Ku Klux Klan to justify their actions. isn't that nice. too bad bullhorn stopped responding. i would have loved to read his response to the guy who said "have you ever looked at the ocean? you can see a slight curve..." or something like that.

By the way, in about 20 or so years, you will be able to book a hotel room...IN SPACE. Isnt technology great? It will be VERY EXPENSIVE of course, but yeah. I hear NASA or some organization will let you do that. Then you flat-earthers an see for yourself that the earth is indeed not flat...if you're not a bunch of "trolls" too lazy to raise money to prove your fantastic arguments.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2006, 10:46:02 PM »
The primary goal of the institutions is to further the goal of a round earth.

Dare I ask what this goal is?

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2006, 10:49:06 PM »
hey, "ankh if you love Isis," that's clever. Did you make it up?

?

Horus

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2006, 11:09:58 PM »
Quote from: "pspunit"
hey, "ankh if you love Isis," that's clever. Did you make it up?

Unfortunately, no I didn't make it up, though another good one is "Hail to the Sun god, he is a Fun God, RA RA RA!"

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2006, 11:14:41 PM »
i prefer the isis one, but both are good

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2006, 11:30:49 PM »
THESE GUYS ARE FUCKING TROLLS...

Read this, none of these asshats actually believe this shit. They are probably laughing their asses off at the amount of time you take to prove the stupidest shit ever. They waste time.

They are TROLLS. Stop responding to them...

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2006, 11:34:30 PM »
But we know that already . . . it's just funny watching them, that's all.

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2006, 11:39:07 PM »
Quote from: "Sacradotal"
REPENT YAWAY WILL FORGIVE IF YOU ASK HIM

I don't think he's going to forgive you if you can't spell his name correctly. In fact, I don't think English is going to work at all: it's Hebrew or nothing at all, pal, if you're going to go about it this way.

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2006, 11:59:21 PM »
Sadly, history has not been kind to the ancient Egyptian pantheon. In terms of world religions, it would appear that Darwinism is at work among them also: the weak ones don't survive . . .

If a god dies in heaven and no-one is there to pray to it, does it really die?

« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2006, 12:04:05 AM »
Gosh: a public crisis of conscience. Whatever next. Your bluffing skills could do with a little bit of work, though. It was kind of cute, but it got a little obvious towards the end.

Isn't the fiction that is this site a joy to behold?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2006, 11:05:31 PM »
5700 have read the page wow

?

Rain King

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2006, 12:39:42 PM »

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2006, 03:37:02 PM »
I see a curve, not much but it is there.

How do you explain it flat-earthers? (other than ignoring it)

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2006, 10:05:40 PM »
well they'll write it off as "atmospheric distortion" or something to that effect. otherwise, its a beautiful picture. and yes, round FTW

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2006, 01:49:48 AM »
It is a nice picture and I assume what we are looking at is atmospheric distortion.

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2006, 12:00:34 PM »
It's really not, it' the truth. You can't say that the government, all the companies that own satellites, and even the earth itself are showing lies just so you can be right

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2006, 04:46:58 PM »
It is a nice picture and I assume what we are looking at is atmospheric distortion.

You can't just assume that it is atmospheric distortion. You must prove it. Since we (round-earthers) are the majority, the burden of proof is on you.