Proof that the Earth is indeed flat

• 179 Replies

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2005, 05:24:55 PM »
One thing that you have succeded in doing is demonstrating your ability to place facts on this forum that dont have any relation to the real world.  I have showed you how gravity works and you have showed me how you believe gravity works. I am telling you, that you can test me theory in the real world. With your theory we have to rely on facts and figures from the minds of other people and assumptions about the shape of our planet. I am telling you that with my theory you can test it everyday. Go to your local elevator and press the top floor. When it is in motion jump. You will find that the elivator will meet you. That is a simple way to test my theroy. To test your theory we would have to go to "space" and look down on the so called "round planet" and conduct tests by throwing different objects into the atmosphere and see if they fall to the planet. Everything from shoes to pianos to cars would have to be sent towards the planet. After testing your theory on a vast number of objects one would have to draft a complex algorithm on why gravity works. What is simpler, a theory that can be demonstrated with your local elevator or something that would take hundreds of billions of dollers to complete and be conducted by a select few. You tell me what one makes the most sense

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2005, 07:36:58 PM »
I understand that you don't trust the answers that are related to the theory of gravity. As I said before I was not saying that the theory is correct because of a bunch of equations, I was just showing that the statements you made about the beach ball 'n' meteors 'n' stuff was not evidence against a round Earth. You are trying to use a red herring to avoid having to answer my last statement about seismology. If there is something specific you think is wrong with my last statement point it out, so I can prove you wrong.
ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2005, 10:23:17 PM »
All im saying is that the theory of gravity is just that a theroy,  Im not saying you are wrong just that You and I come from different prespectives.  I enjoy the debate that we have and I do understand what you are saying.

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2005, 10:49:11 PM »
Quote from: "garglecumz"
Quote from: "Squato"
Quote from: "bullhorn"
i want to make love wit u

yes

No, and bullhorn has nothing to back up his "facts".

As you said, "you pull things towards you (shortered post). Now, anything with mass has gravity, just not much. That can be best seen by the ISS, which allows the people to work their in something almost like Earth (Earth has too much mass to show it).

As such, the "elivator" moves by the laws of gravity, not the X-Men.
 am what I am.
I am Bi-Lo Man.

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2005, 01:57:59 AM »
Quote from: "Goethe"
I am telling you, that you can test me theory in the real world.

How? You can't perform a simple test and conclude from the results that the Earth is flat and flying upwards.

This isn't just a debate about gravity, its about the shape of the Earth. If I can show that one thing doesn't make sense with a flat Earth (such as the seismic waves) and there is no plausible explaination then it will severely discredit the flat Earth theory. So far you have not shown anything that does not make sense under the assumption of a round Earth.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2005, 09:13:50 AM »
Can you please stop posting that

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2005, 05:51:07 PM »

Oh fuck it. Everyone knows I win anyway. Earth not flat. Yey! etc.

THE END

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2005, 07:23:58 PM »
I will defend the flat earth untill the day I die because it is so. I know its falt and I have proved it you have been led on by a lie

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2005, 10:40:25 PM »
Yes, and you are still an idiot.
 am what I am.
I am Bi-Lo Man.

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2005, 06:57:32 AM »
Do moderators or admins exist in this strange strange land?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2005, 12:43:12 PM »
The earth is flat proof lies in the fact that It seems flat if you look at it, I explaned how gravity works and you seemed to reject it for some reson, I assume its becuase you read books and think that they are correct when if you look at my example you will see why I am right. Go back to school and critically analize the facts and you will see that I am correct

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2005, 08:14:28 PM »
No, that is not the case. It's just that your hypothesis is wrong on many different levels (which have been pointed out). You don't accept that fact, and are still saying that you are right.

What I do find funny is the fact that you have not added any new info to prove your so call threoy.
 am what I am.
I am Bi-Lo Man.

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2005, 03:15:27 PM »
Bullhorn wrote:
The earth is flat proof lies in the fact that It seems flat if you look at it

This is not a proof by any means, as we know. Just because something seems to have a property at first glance does not mean that it really does have that property. The sea appears to be blue at first glance: does that mean that the water in it actually is blue? No: it's reflecting the color of the sky.

Sometimes you need a deeper explanation than just the surface details to really understand something.

I am enjoying this: perhaps you have another point?

?

Jake2o04

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2005, 05:27:41 PM »
I have just joined and have spent about an hour looking through every response to the original statement as un-biased as possible.
If you read through bullhorn frequently states that if you look out your window or outside you can clearly see that the earth is flat.  He shows no evidence and changes his topic around 4-5 times usually after another member has provided substantial evidence against his statement.
Another common thing that bullhorn states is that "the institutions" are brainwashing us.  He has no evidence supported and when asked for evidence he creates a small less-than-paragraph response that has no information at all and usually ends in something like, "I am just saying that you are not providing enough information."

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2005, 10:47:59 AM »
Also, take a plane, fly at like 30,000 feet and fly level. Look at the altimeter and it will be rising after a period of time, and this is because THE EARTH IS FUCKING FLAT YOU DICKHEADS...
he Earth is round!!!!

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2005, 12:12:17 AM »
Let my help you to understand. I know most of you don’t like my arguments because you find them hard to accept and I can understand that.  I for one spent many  years in school attending class after class. I found that it is nothing but the same recycled garbage. I then received my Dogwood, which I have on my wall but I don’t conceder myself proud to have it. For  I believe it is full of lies and what it stands for is a lie. I then thought to myself has anyone actually at my university actually studied the evidence. For myself I attended The University of the West Indies. I thought have the students or the professors tested anything that they read in a textbook. By this I mean how many of you have ever sailed across the world without getting any sleep? or viewed the entire voyage? I doubt any of you have. You believe the Earth is round because all your knowledge to date has you accepting that as true. But what I am saying is have you ever seen the Earth from space? have you actually sailed across the world? have you ever been to the poles of the Earth? If you have I want to hear about it. If you haven’t then you should be open to the possibility that the Earth really is flat. It was believed to be flat for many many years.  Most of you say I change my mind and flip flop on the issues. I was simply trying to explain my proofs by making it easier for you to understand, and possible help myself formulate better theories.  It is very reasonable to assume that the Earth could be flat. I myself don’t know for sure but I have viewed the evidence myself and I don’t find it in favor of a round Earth. There are simply to many contradictions pointed out by to many people.  Of course there are going to be those of you who say I am lacking intelligence and that I don’t have any proof. And being a troll. The fact of the matter is I do have the facts, I do have people who believe what I believe and there have been people whom have seen the ice wall that stands 150 feet high.

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2005, 08:09:52 AM »
To shed some light onto one of Bullhorn's earlier questions about seeing 'spheres' in space, we must think about perception.  The earth is not a true sphere, it is ellipsoidal and it is certainly not a completely flat shape, but full of mountains and marine trenches.  I do not think that anyone can deny that much.

Therefore, what we see of the Earth is a matter of perception.  For example, imagine looking at a ball of string from many meters away.  How many dimensions does it have? It is simly a point in space, and therefore has no dimensions according to this viewpoint.  As we move closer, however, we see a 3D sphere, crisscrossed with line of string.  As we move closser still, all that we can see is the string.  From this viewpoint, all points on the string may be descibed by how far you are along the string from a certain point; this makes the shape one dimensional.  The string then resolves itself into 3D twists of fibre, which then become 1D and so on.

Our being on the surface of the Earth, therefore, means that we see a 2D, flat Earth.  However, this is like 'seeing' the 1D ball of string - it is a simple matter of subjective perception not alloowing us to see the whole ball of string.

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2005, 08:33:34 AM »
I apologise for the spelling mistake in the previous post and would like to ask Bullhorn whether he has ever spoken to Ellen Macarthur or anyone like that about her experiences sailing round the world? Or maybe I should ask a friend of mine who was a member of the Jersey team in the last BT round the world yacht race?  Would chatting to someone of that ilk change your mind?  Oh and if you can get the money together, I am willing to go on an expedition to the south pole, using only a film camera and posting the undoctored negatives straight to your house, in order to prove/disprove the 150ft-wall-of-ice theory.  It'll give me something to do over the summer break

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2005, 10:14:50 AM »
ok if they go into space, take a pic of the U.S. how come you can't see China??? BECAUSE THE EARTH IS ROUND DICKHEADS WHICH MEANS THAT ITS NOT FLAT!!!!! Unless ofcourse, China is on the other side of the disc? which its not because the earth is fucking round and i can take a plane to china.
he Earth is round!!!!

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2005, 11:57:15 AM »
Is this discussion actually happening? Are people actually debating this topic?

Bullhorn.
You have informed us that you believe in a flat earth.
You have also informed us that a secret order has caused us to believe in a spherical earth.
Please help me to imperically understand this viewpoint.

Do you want us to believe your view that the earth is flat?

If so, then present some sort of proof that doesn't require us to have to believe this by simply reading your words.

For if we were to take your view of things, not to trust those who have "lied" to us," how are you more infallible than "they?" What makes you a greater presenter of truth over and against the years of knowledge that we have been gifted with?

Also, what great goal is there in lying about this? What can "they" gain from us by saying that a flat earth is spherical.

Also, what do you expect any of us to gain from believing you? What's the point of taking your word? This could be a game or hobby for you to continue on with this discussion for your own personal desires: irritation, success in convincing someone to believe in a "lie," etc. And we cannot prove that this is not true.

Again, come at this imperically. Your word alone is not good enough.

Note that I have not called you a lier, nor have I asked for further explainations that lean toward your view. We need you to verify sources and facts as they are presently in place and force.

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2005, 12:04:38 PM »
Also tell me if you are approaching this scientifically or philosophically.

There are people who  believe in String Theory and while it sounds very interesting, it is still philosophy because no one has seen a string.

Where are you from? United States? Do you trust the FDA to deal out medicine to you? Aspirin, cold medicine; medicine for genital herpes, ostilperosis. I don't. They don't want us to complete heal up from "life long" illnesses because then we wouldn't be paying them till our day of death.

So what do you have other than words on this forum?

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2005, 01:29:41 PM »
Bullhorn, you don't have to go into space to observe the curvature of the earth.  I am a private pilot, and I can quite clearly see the curvature of the earth with my own eyes from a plane controlled by my own hands.  The same is true of every pilot.  Go learn to fly.

You are right on one point--all this philosophical discussion really is bullshit when you get down to it.  However, sailors have known for thousands of years that the earth was spherical, and in fact basic navigation depends on this principle.  Pilots can see it every time they go up, and their navigation is infinitely more dependant on it.  

I'll assume that since you went to college, you are familiar with the basic forms of logic and the syllogism, so I'll give you one.

All navigation depends on the earth being spherical.  Correctly performed navigation works.  Therefore, the earth must be spherical.  QED.

If the earth is flat, something must be wrong with that statement.  Maybe NASA is faking the existance of airplanes?  And ships too?  Maybe we're all really being used to feed the robots, man.

Re: Proof probably is not the correct word
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2005, 07:56:11 PM »
I can understand what you are saying, I understand that you "believe" that the earth is a sphere. What I am telling you is that unless you have seen the earth from outer space that you can not know 100 precent.  Please try to understand the point of reason that I do.  The example of China, you may have mistook what I was trying to demonstrate.  If I were to dig from my home all the way to China as my school teacher has said, I agree due to gravity they would not fall off, but wouldent they be walking upside down, if for here where I am I am walkinig rightside up.  This is just one of many contradictions for you to concider.  Another interesting thing is If the earth were round wouldent the water on the planet be in constant motion. Think about this, why are the oceans all at the same level, the sea-level it is constant dont you think that If the worlds oceans were covering the ball wouldent it cause great disasters. The sea-levels are constant because the earth is flat.  And I to want to know how all the evidence has been doctored, I believe in a global coverup.

A: I don't believe you actually believe the earth is flat. You're just trying to get a rise out of people.

B: If you actually believe it, why don't you and the flat head society put together some money, buy an airplane, and go fly to the edge of the earth and take pictures? Be sure to get some nice shots of the underside as well.

This forum is a hoax.

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2005, 07:59:51 PM »
Let my help you to understand. I know most of you don’t like my arguments because you find them hard to accept and I can understand that.  I for one spent many  years in school attending class after class. I found that it is nothing but the same recycled garbage. I then received my Dogwood, which I have on my wall but I don’t conceder myself proud to have it. For  I believe it is full of lies and what it stands for is a lie. I then thought to myself has anyone actually at my university actually studied the evidence. For myself I attended The University of the West Indies. I thought have the students or the professors tested anything that they read in a textbook. By this I mean how many of you have ever sailed across the world without getting any sleep? or viewed the entire voyage? I doubt any of you have. You believe the Earth is round because all your knowledge to date has you accepting that as true. But what I am saying is have you ever seen the Earth from space? have you actually sailed across the world? have you ever been to the poles of the Earth? If you have I want to hear about it. If you haven’t then you should be open to the possibility that the Earth really is flat. It was believed to be flat for many many years.  Most of you say I change my mind and flip flop on the issues. I was simply trying to explain my proofs by making it easier for you to understand, and possible help myself formulate better theories.  It is very reasonable to assume that the Earth could be flat. I myself don’t know for sure but I have viewed the evidence myself and I don’t find it in favor of a round Earth. There are simply to many contradictions pointed out by to many people.  Of course there are going to be those of you who say I am lacking intelligence and that I don’t have any proof. And being a troll. The fact of the matter is I do have the facts, I do have people who believe what I believe and there have been people whom have seen the ice wall that stands 150 feet high.

Then post pictures, you troll.

I can't believe you are all so gullible to believe that this guys actually believes in a flat earth. He's yanking your collective chain.

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2005, 08:03:22 PM »
Quote from: "zenyatta"

Then post pictures, you troll.

I can't believe you are all so gullible to believe that this guys actually believes in a flat earth. He's yanking your collective chain.

By the way, troll, I lived in south america for a good while. And wouldn't you know it, those tricky NASA scientists changed the constellations for two full years just to trick me into thinking the earth is round. That must have cost a fortune.

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2005, 09:09:31 PM »
I actually believe that it is astounding that someone would talk like they do on this subject. I don't believe bullhorn believes this unless there was some evidence that could prove it.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2005, 08:32:01 AM »
Uh I really dont think he's yanking our collective chain fellows as you should never underestimate the sheer stupidity of your fellow human beings.
Now for the record I have read virtually this entire forum and can keep silent no longer. bullhorn all you and your fellow flat-earthers have done is dissmiss imperical evidence as doctored and or proposed alternate explanations to natural phenomenone. I wil in the intrest of fairness hear you out one more time. I wish therefor for you do do do things or shut the hell up now and forever about you views on the shape of the earth.

You must first
A) NAME A SINGLE THING THAT THE FLAT EARTH THEORY CAN EXPLAIN BUT THE ROUND EARTH THEORY CANNOT.
B) EXPLAIN TO ME A SINGLE PLAUSIBLE REASON FOR EVERY WORLD GOVERNMENT MOST OF WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF COOPERATING FOR ANY REASON INCLUIDING THE PREVENTION OF FUCKING GENOCIDES WOULD BAND TOGETHER TO COVER UP THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH. WHAT GOAL DO THEY HAVE? WHAT ARE THEY GAINING THAT IS SO IMPORTANT THEY ARE IGNORING THE MANY IDEOLGICAL AND ETHNIC DIVISIONS THAT PREVENT PEACE ON EARTH? WHAT POSSIBLE ADVANTAGE IS THERE?WHAT?????
If your are unable to do these things your theory is 100% invalid or a joke and you should shut up and stop washing A)your life and B)my time.
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2005, 08:39:02 AM »
I cannot spell but I can think.
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

mjb683

Hear me out
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »
Before I begin to propose my question to Bullhorn (or anyone who subscribes to the flat-earth theory) I would like
to state two facts that I would assume we could all agree upon:

1. Distances can be measured.

2. The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

Now if anyone can refute these two simple facts, then my argument can be proven false.  Otherwise, hear me out.

Bullhorn stated the following in a previous message "I will point to the official seal of the United Nations which lays
out the true map of the world www.un.int."

Here's an illustration of the United Nations map with three points indicating three major cities in the word and their
approximate locations on that map:

As you can plainly see, according to this map the distance between points A (Buenos Aires) and C (Sydney)
should be more than twice (2x) the distance between points A (Buenos Aires) and B (New York).  This would mean
that the distance between A and C should be approximately 14,000 miles (according to the rough measurements
taken from this map).

However, the actual measured distance between A (Buenos Aires) and C (Sydney) is 7,336 miles; which is nearly
half of 14,000 miles it should be if the earth were indeed flat.  Clearly, the disparity between the actual measured
distances between these cities and their locations on this map do not add up.

Now, for those of you who subscribe to the flat-earth theory: how can this map, or a flat earth for that matter, be true?

I feel that people should have every right to believe what they want, but with such a great difference between actual
calculated measurements and the most basic version of the "UN map", I'm just not buying it.

?

mjb683

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2005, 12:30:19 PM »
What I was trying to imply with my previous posting was that, using basic logic, a flat earth makes no sense.  You would not even have to physically measure any of the distances given.  One could just take a plane ride and compare the time it takes to fly from Beunos Aires to New York City to the time it takes to fly from Buenos Aires to Sydney.  If the earth were flat, it should take more than twice the time to get from BA to Sydney than it does to go from BA to NY.  Also, in order to take the quickest route, you would have to fly over the United States at some point while traveling from BA to Sydney, which just doesn't happen in the real world.