Neil Has An Agenda?

• 38 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Neil Has An Agenda?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 02:57:48 AM »

Comply to the norm and you're accepted as intelligent and productive to society.
Think for yourself  and question the norm and you immediately become retarded and harmful to society.

This is the world we live in.

When I hired people, one question I would ask
. . . . . what's the square root of 81?

75% had no idea.

Another question was more thinkfull, (it's a word because you know what it means  ;) )
. . . . . If a project is falling apart, at what stage do you ask for help?

The winning candidate would say '9' and "if a project falls apart, you need new management".

I'm not sure if this is a response to sceptimatic or if I'm half drunk.

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 03:19:51 AM »
There was only a small group of people left that sort of despised what they saw. These people didn't require the comfort of the in crowd. They blended in with those that had similar minds.
This group would be termed as, needy or labelled as goofy or nerds or goths/cult members or basically social outcasts.
So the scientists and others. Got it.

The crime?
Non compliance to bowing to those who have and wannabe have's.
Yes, unfortunately that does happen with the religious and other bigots trying to persecute people.
Fortunately, civilised cultures are starting to overcome that.

Comply to the norm and you're accepted as intelligent and productive to society.
Think for yourself  and question the norm and you immediately become retarded and harmful to society.

Yes, and that part has nothing to do with the FE "debate", as those on the FE side aren't thinking, instead they are burying their head in the sand.

Mikey T.

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 03:55:06 PM »
All the other kids wanted to hang around with the rich kid. Some got that supposed privilege and most just hoped for it.
Whatever the rich kid did, all wanted to follow.
Whatever scraps the rich kid discarded. The hangers on would feed off and the hopefuls would hope to one day feed off.

There was only a small group of people left that sort of despised what they saw. These people didn't require the comfort of the in crowd. They blended in with those that had similar minds.
This group would be termed as, needy or labelled as goofy or nerds or goths/cult members or basically social outcasts.

This entitles all the rich kids and hangers on, to attempt ridicule or banish then from sitting/being near them in any situation that they can control.

This game is still played in grown up times with the very same rules and mindset, except cranked up a notch, to now deem those outcasts to be a danger to society and unfit to parent, rather than just deeming them as school oddities.

The crime?
Non compliance to bowing to those who have and wannabe have's.

Being socially introverted does not mean you are a free thinker.  Basing all your decisions/arguments on the vast conspiracy and ignoring anything that may disagree with your idea most definitely makes you the opposite of a free thinker.  The sad thing is, a few of these socially introverted people either get bullied enough or fear being bullied (some are not bullied yet feel the same trauma) that they develop a serious distrust of anything is viewed as popular.  This leads many into the waiting arms of the conspiracy nuts.  A group they can feel like they are part of.  They get that feeling of being a hero for some cause, whether real or imagined.  Most who fall into this trap are stuck in this closed minded sickness for years, they think that the act of disagreeing with the norm, no matter how much evidence the norm has, means they are free thinkers.  They have to construct massive conspiracies to explain why all that evidence doesn't support their ideas, which for most is only their idea because it is contrary to the norm anyway.  They never actually supported the idea anyway, they just pushed it because they were part of the "free thinking" group and needed to continue to tow the line.

Playing this card is rather stupid scepti.  I was one of those socially introverted guys in high school.  Nerdy, smart, socially naive, lower middle class, etc.  I hung out with the "weird" kids.  I kept my head down, and worried about being bullied.  I felt the same pull and acceptance in a group of conspiracy peddlers.  I however actually did have an open mind and question things.  I saw the con game for what it was, the BS became easy to spot in the light.  All I had to do was open my eyes.  One day I hope you will be able to open your eyes and see how closed minded you are now.  Maybe then, your mind will also open and you will be free of these conspiracy chains holding you down.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »
completed a bachelor's degree in physics at Harvard University in 1980. After receiving a master's degree in astronomy at the University of Texas at Austin in 1983, he earned his master's (1989) and doctorate (1991) in astrophysics at Columbia University. For the next three years, he was a postdoctoral research associate at Princeton University. In 1994, he joined the Hayden Planetarium as a staff scientist and the Princeton faculty as a visiting research scientist and lecturer. In 1996, he became director of the planetarium and oversaw its $210-million reconstruction project, which was completed in 2000.

......something which none of you flat earth carping hateful losers could come close to I'll bet!

Well I'm not black, so even if I had the exact same education credentials as him, I very much doubt I'd be offered public cushy role after cushy role throughout my career. But I degrasse, er digress...
And you have evidence of that? Maybe he was offered scholarships on the basis of his academic performance?

But, I'm wondering when you are going to stop attacking people and
present evidence actually for a flat a flat earth!
That evidence would, of course, have to include a model of your flay earth that explains all we see.
At present there is no working flat earth model. Flat Earther's can't even decide on
  • :D a basic map layout  :D - the "UN Flag" map is easily debunked!
  • :D what makes things fall down :D  - UA, denpressure, gravitation, aether or "things just fall down!"
  • :D how sunrises and sunsets work :D  - refraction, perspective or the lens effect of all the water in the air.
  • or :D even how day or night happens :D - the sun just disappears due to perspective, the imperfect clarity of the air, etc.!
Explain these, and then we'll start on astronomy, which played an important role in the development of the current tHeliocentric Globe.
So forget all your pathetic attempts to take our attention away from the real issue - the shape of the earth!
Come up with a workable Flat Earth "model" and we might listen to you.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is a legend. I enjoy hearing his thoughts on science and religion and he does so without sounding like an arrogant twat.

I don't mind Kaku and like his talks and enthusiasm for the most part but wish when he introduces himself, he wouldn't 'boast' "And I'm a physicist" at the opening of every video. It gets tired after a while.

RIP rabinoz. Forum legend

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 11:52:48 PM »

Neil deGrasse Tyson is a legend. I enjoy hearing his thoughts on science and religion and he does so without sounding like an arrogant twat.

I don't mind Kaku and like his talks and enthusiasm for the most part but wish when he introduces himself, he wouldn't 'boast' "And I'm a physicist" at the opening of every video. It gets tired after a while.

I want to enjoy what they have to say.
Why can't they just stay out of politics?

It's not their bailiwick.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 12:40:04 AM »
Being socially introverted does not mean you are a free thinker.  Basing all your decisions/arguments on the vast conspiracy and ignoring anything that may disagree with your idea most definitely makes you the opposite of a free thinker.  The sad thing is, a few of these socially introverted people either get bullied enough or fear being bullied (some are not bullied yet feel the same trauma) that they develop a serious distrust of anything is viewed as popular.  This leads many into the waiting arms of the conspiracy nuts.  A group they can feel like they are part of.  They get that feeling of being a hero for some cause, whether real or imagined.  Most who fall into this trap are stuck in this closed minded sickness for years, they think that the act of disagreeing with the norm, no matter how much evidence the norm has, means they are free thinkers.  They have to construct massive conspiracies to explain why all that evidence doesn't support their ideas, which for most is only their idea because it is contrary to the norm anyway.  They never actually supported the idea anyway, they just pushed it because they were part of the "free thinking" group and needed to continue to tow the line.

Playing this card is rather stupid scepti.  I was one of those socially introverted guys in high school.  Nerdy, smart, socially naive, lower middle class, etc.  I hung out with the "weird" kids.  I kept my head down, and worried about being bullied.  I felt the same pull and acceptance in a group of conspiracy peddlers.  I however actually did have an open mind and question things.  I saw the con game for what it was, the BS became easy to spot in the light.  All I had to do was open my eyes.  One day I hope you will be able to open your eyes and see how closed minded you are now.  Maybe then, your mind will also open and you will be free of these conspiracy chains holding you down.
Nice speech but my school days are well and truly over and so is my full on active working life. (semi retired).

I've been through all the naive/gullible, follow protocol years.
The very reason I'm questioning stuff is because I never had the time nor the inclination to do so whilst I was busy doing other things.

Have a think about that for your next speech.

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22:59 AM »
I've been through all the naive/gullible, follow protocol years.
The very reason I'm questioning stuff is because I never had the time nor the inclination to do so whilst I was busy doing other things.
But you aren't questioning it. You are outright rejecting it and ignoring all rational input on the matter.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 06:16:20 AM »

Politics is not the bailiwick of most regular people either, but that doesn't stop them from having strong opinions.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 06:44:18 AM »

Politics is not the bailiwick of most regular people either, but that doesn't stop them from having strong opinions.

They have every right to espouse any position they want.
But, it's not their day job.

Pee-wee Herman was fine until he whacked off at the movies.

It just detracts from what they're selling.