Keep up the good work

• 74 Replies
Keep up the good work
« on: April 21, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
It's official. People everywhere are waking up and they are seriously concerned.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
Re: Keep up the good work
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »
What work, exactly? People on here can't even agree on a best working model for FET.\

PS. great video, thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:59:39 PM by RocksEverywhere »
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:45:17 AM »
Asking questions. Challenging what we are told. Debating something that science has told us is fact for over 400 years.

Videos like this don't appear unless 'they' are feeling the heat.

Stick a fork in them

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
Being one of "them", I truly resent your opinion. All our work is available, if you're going to ask questions then feel free to dig deep into centuries of research. Videos like this appear because a core part of our society is under threat.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
It's only a threat if there is something to hide.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »
It's official. People everywhere are waking up and they are seriously concerned.
Show me a flat earth model that "works", with a map showing correct distances and I might take you seriously!

In the meantime, ;D with no accurate map and no working hypotheses for how numerous things could possibly work its all a joke!  ;D

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 10:56:24 PM »
What work, exactly? People on here can't even agree on a best working model for FET.\

PS. great video, thanks for sharing.
May I correct you post?

What work, exactly? People on here can't even agree on any working model for the Flat Earth Hypothesis.

As InFlatearth has pointed out, it is a Hypothesis until it has been verified experimentally, only then does it become a Theory.

?

Kami

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 02:34:33 AM »
No. It is a threat if the president of the most powerful country on earth denies climate change and doubts the workings of vaccines. The latter is dangerous and the first could make the conditions for future generations unbelievably worse. Especially the climate-change deniers get me really angry. Believe in a flat earth all you want, there is no harm for me in that. But please accept that we have to collaborate on a global scale to work against a too fast change of climate.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 07:29:11 AM »
It's a threat if civilization is on the verge of crumbling.

?

dutchy

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »

When a person with alarming signs of obesity ( clearly and willfully ignoring what the scientific field of healthcare proclaims) .... demonstrates gravity while dropping a microphone with the juice of a fat burger around his mouthcorners for an audience that only cares for consumerism is telling us to ''test'' reality i don't know what to do.....laugh or cry.

It is like a dressed up Santa telling parents to be honest with their kids under all circomstances.....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:54:02 PM by dutchy »

?

dutchy

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 03:10:07 PM »
Show me a flat earth model that "works", with a map showing correct distances and I might take you seriously!

In the meantime, ;D with no accurate map and no working hypotheses for how numerous things could possibly work its all a joke!  ;D
Show me dark matter and dark energy and i might take your cosmoligical model seriously.
In the meantime, ;D with no accurate presentation of missing matter and energy (the spiral arms in some gallaxies are waiting...) it is all a joke! ;D
And your team has the money, time, equipment to proof the obvious, but you can't, because it ain't there ?

If flat earth received all the resources your team got, they have had a working model and map for a decade or 4.
With accompanying math that proves ''all squared quadruple inverted mirages'' that explain a non shrinking sun and wrongly observed distances and continent sizes accurately.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 03:18:45 PM »

Show me dark matter and dark energy and i might take your cosmoligical model seriously.
In the meantime, ;D with no accurate presentation of missing matter and energy (the spiral arms in some gallaxies are waiting...) it is all a joke! ;D
And your team has the money, time, equipment to proof the obvious, but you can't, because it ain't there ?

If flat earth received all the resources your team got, they have had a working model and map for a decade or 4.
With accompanying math that proves ''all squared quadruple inverted mirages'' that explain a non shrinking sun and wrongly observed distances and continent sizes accurately.

No matter the resources you could never prove the earth is flat because it happens to be a sphere, no matter how much you twisty and turny.

?

dutchy

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 03:44:46 PM »

No matter the resources you could never prove the earth is flat because it happens to be a sphere, no matter how much you twisty and turny.
Simply go to the beach and place two industrial winches one meter from the surface ......3 km the most....apart.(they can find a mutual distance that they agree upon)
Strech an industrial fyberMax cable (strongest cables on earth) that can hold many tons without breaking a sweat.
I am a musical instrument technician and builder and know all about the capabilities of streching strings without significantly dropping in the middle.
It is impossible on a globe to avoid the sand over the total distance.

It is not to extravagant and expensive and would be a great start to shut up flat earthers.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »

Simply go to the beach and place two industrial winches one meter from the surface ......3 km the most....apart.(they can find a mutual distance that they agree upon)
Strech an industrial fyberMax cable (strongest cables on earth) that can hold many tons without breaking a sweat.
I am a musical instrument technician and builder and know all about the capabilities of streching strings without significantly dropping in the middle.

It is not to extravagant and expensive and would be a great start to shut up flat earthers.
I challenge you to calculate the minimum sag over 3 km of your magic "fyberMax cable" or give me its properties and I will find out.

But, even without looking,
I am certain that your experiment will "prove" the earth a globe of much smaller radius than it really is.
So, go ahead! But it would not really answer the question.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 05:18:47 PM »
What sort of resources do you suppose FE'ers would need to make a working model of the earth/sun/moon system that demonstrates the concepts of sunrise/sunset, moonrise/moonset, solar and lunar eclipses and the seasons as well as this?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »

I can't find any "industrial fyberMax cable", though I can find "fiberMax cable" in FIBRE Max Worlds's strongest cable
but so far I have found nothing on density or strength.

I did find data on Dyneema with a yield strength of 350,000 (in ugh units, ie) psi and specific gravity of 0.95.

Loading Dyneema cable to its yield strength[1] gives a sag of about 4.3 metres!
Cable diameter does not come into it because the strength and mass/unit length increase at the same rate.
I would love someone with a Civil or Mechanical background to check these values.

But over 3 km the earth will have a bulge of only 0.18 meters or 6.95 inches.

So, back to the drawing board. But when will Flat Earther finally be convinced that
  • "Space Earth is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.
    I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to the Earth space."[/i]
  • Apologies to Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

[1] No sane designer would load a cable this high. Overstressed cables can decapitate people!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 02:28:59 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 01:54:14 AM »

Built many 3km violins recently?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

dutchy

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 07:07:40 AM »

So, back to the drawing board. But when will Flat Earther finally be convinced that
    • "Space Earth is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.
      I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to the Earth space."[/i]
    Lighten up  rabbi, why do ''whole towns'' bake the largest apple pie on earth ? Because they want to enter the Guinness book of records, or whatever....
    Before you start scrolling the internet for how many citizens were involved in whatever baking attempt........i made it up as an example and reference...

If people invest time, money to set all sorts of crazy records, why shouldn't we try to proof a spinning globe in modern times with modern equipment ?,.... beyond fake cgi images and an extremely poor attempt with some ancient pendulum or counterclockwise drains that make a couple of Nigerians some dollars and a BBC reporter happy that he got a live demonstration of the Coriolis effect ,proving a spinning globe....(the latter is sadly very true)

It is about time that we abbandon fake cgi/photoshop pictures, old static rocks (Cavendish) and rigged pendula (Foucault) to proof the spinning globe.
    It is time to enter the 21ste century with new and accurate proof and testing devices.
    With modern fibres we can stretch cables to the limit.
    Sorry that i didn't test my idea, because i happen to believe others are thousend times more qualified than me to make a proper set up.

It is much more than an idea to test the globe, because hardly anyone with brains believes a boat's mast is slowly covered by the curvature, because people in ancient times observed the horizon and thought that is what they saw.
    No that is not good enough now, and the pendulum isn't either, the coriolis effect in sinks a proven falsity, photo's from space enhanced not only by adding colour and contrast but glueing many small fragments tohether pretending it's one single shot from outerspace....untill recently of course where a NASA spokesman explained the amount of origami before presenting a single shot to the general public.

So maybe you have superiour ideas in how to test a globe, i would wellcome them very much indeed, but to hang on to fraudulent and insufficiant proof of the past and current photoshop achievements won't cut it for much longer.
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:12:17 AM by dutchy »

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
    « Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »

Lighten up  rabbi, why do ''whole towns'' bake the largest apple pie on earth ? Because they want to enter the Guinness book of records, or whatever....
      Before you start scrolling the internet for how many citizens were involved in whatever baking attempt........i made it up as an example and reference...

If people invest time, money to set all sorts of crazy records, why shouldn't we try to proof a spinning globe in modern times with modern equipment ?,.... beyond fake cgi images and an extremely poor attempt with some ancient pendulum or counterclockwise drains that make a couple of Nigerians some dollars and a BBC reporter happy that he got a live demonstration of the Coriolis effect ,proving a spinning globe....(the latter is sadly very true)

It is about time that we abbandon fake cgi/photoshop pictures, old static rocks (Cavendish) and rigged pendula (Foucault) to proof the spinning globe.
      It is time to enter the 21ste century with new and accurate proof and testing devices.
      With modern fibres we can stretch cables to the limit.
      Sorry that i didn't test my idea, because i happen to believe others are thousend times more qualified than me to make a proper set up.

It is much more than an idea to test the globe, because hardly anyone with brains believes a boat's mast is slowly covered by the curvature, because people in ancient times observed the horizon and thought that is what they saw.
      No that is not good enough now, and the pendulum isn't either, the coriolis effect in sinks a proven falsity, photo's from space enhanced not only by adding colour and contrast but glueing many small fragments tohether pretending it's one single shot from outerspace....untill recently of course where a NASA spokesman explained the amount of origami before presenting a single shot to the general public.

So maybe you have superiour ideas in how to test a globe, i would wellcome them very much indeed, but to hang on to fraudulent and insufficiant proof of the past and current photoshop achievements won't cut it for much longer.
      [/list]
      No one is stopping you form performing your experiments. Maybe a lack of funding is, because the majority of people do not feel the need to test the idea of globe earth.

?

Kami

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »
      So because we do not understand everything by 100% means the entire model is wrong? Do you even understand why dark matter was invoked? Or dark energy?

?

dutchy

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 10:27:33 AM »
      No one is stopping you form performing your experiments. Maybe a lack of funding is, because the majority of people do not feel the need to test the idea of globe earth.
      It would be something that would be one of my priorities when money wouldn't be a problem.
      It is not the need to test the idea of a globe per see, but because the current tests are invalid.
      Surely one cannot take cgi ''pictures'' from space to serious nowadays, because photoshop is going to be more and more capable than ever before.
      When an artist's rendering looks as real as what NASA presents ,then you can't blame the ordinary flat earther or other sceptic to be very critical.

Therfore it is not in the interrest of globers to rely on such evidence too, it should be their priority too to lead the way
      And with Neil deGrasse Tyson joining tv shows more and more lately (and even a Joe Rogan podcast) then it is time to stop talking and do some real testing before a huge audience.
      I can think of several test that could be usefull,...the pro's can think of even better ones, i am sure of it.
      Our technical tools are limitless, surely we can do better than a Foucault pendulum, a Cavendish rock, CGI and lots of assumptions that have not stood the scrutiny test (counterclockwise drainage in the Southern Hemisphere, seing curvature from an average plane, longe range shooting and the coriolis effect etc.)

I like it here, can take any form of insult, but i rather see that real testing and the scientific method would undergo a renaissance, because what is considered to be the ''scientific method''  is alarmingly under severe pressure.
      What is wrong with certain scientific fields nowadays that the collapse of building 7 and the official NIST report explainations doesn't receive the at most condamnation and outrage ?

But the latter has nothing to do with the topic,....i know....
      « Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:33:06 AM by dutchy »

?

dutchy

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »
      So because we do not understand everything by 100% means the entire model is wrong? Do you even understand why dark matter was invoked? Or dark energy?
      I do on a basic level, ....and i also predict why the multiverse will be invoked within a decade as a real option that will be considered cosmic reality.

In moron's language....the math doesn't add up, by bringing certain elements into the equation it will......for now... (therefore my comments about the multiverse)

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
      « Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 11:56:21 AM »
      It would be something that would be one of my priorities when money wouldn't be a problem.
      It is not the need to test the idea of a globe per see, but because the current tests are invalid.
      Surely one cannot take cgi ''pictures'' from space to serious nowadays, because photoshop is going to be more and more capable than ever before.
      When an artist's rendering looks as real as what NASA presents ,then you can't blame the ordinary flat earther or other sceptic to be very critical.
      There is a difference between being sceptic and immediately discarding all visual evidence as faked, without reason (besides said evidence not lining up with your beliefs).

Therfore it is not in the interrest of globers to rely on such evidence too, it should be their priority too to lead the way
      And with Neil deGrasse Tyson joining tv shows more and more lately (and even a Joe Rogan podcast) then it is time to stop talking and do some real testing before a huge audience.
      I can think of several test that could be usefull,...the pro's can think of even better ones, i am sure of it.
      Our technical tools are limitless, surely we can do better than a Foucault pendulum, a Cavendish rock, CGI and lots of assumptions that have not stood the scrutiny test (counterclockwise drainage in the Southern Hemisphere, seing curvature from an average plane, longe range shooting and the coriolis effect etc.)

I like it here, can take any form of insult, but i rather see that real testing and the scientific method would undergo a renaissance, because what is considered to be the ''scientific method''  is alarmingly under severe pressure.
      What is wrong with certain scientific fields nowadays that the collapse of building 7 and the official NIST report explainations doesn't receive the at most condamnation and outrage ?

But the latter has nothing to do with the topic,....i know....
      What do building 7 and certain scientific fields have to do with eachother? Also, the way in which you speak of science makes me think that you do not fully understand how it works and what it's for. Do you?

?

dutchy

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »
      There is a difference between being sceptic and immediately discarding all visual evidence as faked, without reason (besides said evidence not lining up with your beliefs).
      Not at all, can you determine why a picture with a satelite orbiting jupiter is fake (because no one can make such picture without a crew following the satelite) and some cgi pictures from planets are real  ?
      They have the same quality, colour and issues. ....so pictures from space rarely cut it as proof.
      What do building 7 and certain scientific fields have to do with eachother? Also, the way in which you speak of science makes me think that you do not fully understand how it works and what it's for. Do you?
      No i don't, but when our renown leading expert on demolitions is confronted with the footage of building 7 collapsing in the days after 9/11 he proclaims he is 100% certain that this is a controled demolition.
      He is baffled when the reporter says this event occured during 9/11....''then they worked hard'' was his answer, while being extremely puzzled....
      When reading that specific part of the official NIST report myself and the scientific ''explanation'' about how building 7 could collapse i became aware that scientific explanations are extremely flexible.
      It is not about neutral testing most of the time, but preferred outcomes when it comes to 9/11 and the supposed moonlandings/space adventures

I am all for the scientific method, but we are not taking about working fridges here, but events that have not only billions of investment dollars and integrity at stake, but
      the possibllity for outsiders to look around in the kitchen of those who hate the scientific methode themselves.

Why can universities not use NASA's near vacuum chambers to do some proper testing of alledge moonsuits and other equipment ?
      Why don't rockets have multiple outboard camera's so that we can view all the viewing angles of the rockets step by step until they go in orbit ?
      Why did they not use a specialised camera to record the stars from the moon surface ? Instead Buzz is stealing the show with pictures that one would take on a summer holliday trip....so much for scientific awareness of where you are and what you are looking at......

How convinient, we should test all there is, but not those things that beg for some real answers.
      I am not particular educated in a specific scientific field, but i have a lot of experience dealing with people, groups, religion, cults and mental awereness of induviduals.
      Mass indoctrination takes place on a large scale,....
      Neil deGrasse Tyson who has great concerns for the overall level of education,...but at the same time he shows real signs of obesity, eating a hamburger on stage before dropping a microphone to proof how real gravity is.
      What about his concerns for healthy food that every aldult should know by now ?
      And this clown is presented all the time to convince the audience how precious the scientific discoveries of space exploration are.

The mind control is obvious,........you can be an unhealthy citizen participating in the ratrace of consumerism as long as you believe our stories about the cosmos.
      To far fetched ? Not at all, because the moment people are living healthy, humble lives without too many personal desires, their whole reality is changing rapidly and they start asking questions about this absurd modern age wich includes our earth, our environment, our specific role, our future and more.
      And then they come aware of the absurd matrix that has impregnated their existance for far to long with evil desires, falsities and nihilistic world views.
      « Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:25:07 PM by dutchy »

markjo

• Content Nazi
      • The Elder Ones
      « Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »
      Not at all, can you determine why a picture with a satelite orbiting jupiter is fake (because no one can make such picture without a crew following the satelite) and some cgi pictures from planets are real  ?
      They have the same quality, colour and issues. ....so pictures from space rarely cut it as proof.
      So you're saying that you're willing to dismiss all weather satellite imagery as fake because an artist made a conceptual image of a satellite orbiting Jupiter?  ???

?

dutchy

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »
      So you're saying that you're willing to dismiss all weather satellite imagery as fake because an artist made a conceptual image of a satellite orbiting Jupiter?  ???
      Wrong observations,....the question is..could they fake weather satellite imagery ? you surely can't fake a working fridge for very long can you ?
      In other words what is the specific creteria to determine if footage from space is real or not ?

markjo

• Content Nazi
      • The Elder Ones
      « Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
      Wrong observations,....the question is..could they fake weather satellite imagery ? you surely can't fake a working fridge for very long can you ?
      In other words what is the specific creteria to determine if footage from space is real or not ?
      Well, I suppose that you first need to define what you mean by "real". 

Most of the photos taken by space probes are taken with scientific cameras.  Basically, they're monochrome CCD sensors with a number of filter wheels that take a series of photos at very specific wavelengths of light ranging from infrared, through visible and into ultraviolet.  This is how they do science with those images.

However, if you want pretty publicity photos, then you wind up having to composite and process those photos.  Since those pretty photos have been heavily processed, the immediate cry is that of fakery.

Do you see the dilemma?

?

dutchy

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »
      Most of the photos taken by space probes are taken with scientific cameras.  Basically, they're monochrome CCD sensors with a number of filter wheels that take a series of photos at very specific wavelengths of light ranging from infrared, through visible and into ultraviolet.  This is how they do science with those images.

However, if you want pretty publicity photos, then you wind up having to composite and process those photos.  Since those pretty photos have been heavily processed, the immediate cry is that of fakery.

Do you see the dilemma?
      I do, but they were able to make real pictures in 1972 without the use of scientific cameras and cgi , but a slightly modified Hasselblad.
      https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

Till date that is the only picture made by a conventional camera.....we simply want more with better camera's, much more.

It seems only NASA wants to put out CGI pictures, the rest wants pictures made by the latest ''Hasselblad'' camera's on the market with much better specs than in 1972.
      Only the NASA fanboys are satisfied with CGI composites which look fake as can be,....the rest of this world wants pictures that resemble a certain quality that they are familiar with in real life.
      Please  NASA take your HASSELBLAD in 2017 and make countless of pictures from our earth without making use of composites and other photoshop tools.
      « Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:04:04 PM by dutchy »

disputeone

• Or should I?
      « Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
      NDGT seems legitimately scared doesn't he.
      Quote from: Stash
      I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
      Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
      speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

markjo

• Content Nazi
      • The Elder Ones
      « Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 08:06:10 PM »

Do you see the dilemma?
      I do, but they were able to make real pictures in 1972 without the use of scientific cameras and cgi , but a slightly modified Hasselblad.
      https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg
      Apollo 17 wasn't sending pictures from Jupiter either.

Till date that is the only picture made by a conventional camera...
      ???  Huh?

...we simply want more with better camera's, much more.
      These days, digital cameras are generally considered to be better than conventional cameras.

It seems only NASA wants to put out CGI pictures, the rest wants pictures made by the latest ''Hasselblad'' camera's on the market with much better specs than in 1972.
      NASA wants to get as much science out of their cameras as possible for their space probes and satellites. 

Only the NASA fanboys are satisfied with CGI composites which look fake as can be,....the rest of this world wants pictures that resemble a certain quality that they are familiar with in real life.
      Oh?  What should real pictures look like?

Please  NASA take your HASSELBLAD in 2017 and make countless of pictures from our earth without making use of composites and other photoshop tools.
      What's wrong with digital cameras?  Are you a film snob or something?