>:( Why does nobody support my Butterfly Earth Theory? >:(

• 15 Replies

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
>:( Why does nobody support my Butterfly Earth Theory? >:(
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »
  >:( >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

The life long research that led to this concept has the following line of thought:

1. Earth is flat
Observational Proof: looking out of the window
Commentary: The philosophical background of this proof is the Zetetic principle, that is, personal observation always weighs more than mathematical calculations or conclusions based on star movements

2. The surface of earth has been measured for 100s of years. I assume that these measurements are largely correct and my personal flight history (or the one of anybody I know) is not in variance with these measurements.

3.The flat earth map that accords best with these measurements is the Waterman- "projection".

4. It is nice, because it looks like a butterfly. Everybody likes butterflies.

5. The wings flap in an unknown, but probably complicated manner, causing the apparent circle movements of the stars. That creates the illusion that earth is a sphere. The reason, why the wings behave this way I do not know, but I assume it has something to do with the origin of the butterfly (a spherical cocoon) Some FEer with more mathematical skill then me (John Davis?) should calculate the exact flapping pattern.

6. Afterwards somebody could make an animation and put it on YouTube.

Callzter

• Amateur Astronomer, Round Earth Defense Force
Re: >:( Why does nobody support my Butterfly Earth Theory? >:(
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
You just made my day, sir.

Obviously you're being sarcastic, but I just want to point out the problems with the map:

- If you go in a straight line west of Spain you'll reach New York, but on this map you head to South America if you keep a straight line.

- There doesn't seem to be anyway to take a flight from L.A to a Tokyo over the "pacific" on this map without literally flying over nothing and somehow making a huge turn around to Tokyo.

- The eastern edge of Russia seems to be cut off and suddenly appears on the left wing of the butterfly before meeting up with the coast of Alaska. WTF?!

- And finally... if you go to Hawaii, you're kinda fucked getting all the way back to your home in Australia because you can't go over the "pacific".
The quickest way I could kill myself is by climbing up to the top of your ego and then jumping down to your fucking I.Q.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:23:14 PM »

Obviously you're being sarcastic, but I just want to point out the problems with the map:

- If you go in a straight line west of Spain you'll reach New York, but on this map you head to South America if you keep a straight line.

- There doesn't seem to be anyway to take a flight from L.A to a Tokyo over the "pacific" on this map without literally flying over nothing and somehow making a huge turn around to Tokyo.

- The eastern edge of Russia seems to be cut off and suddenly appears on the left wing of the butterfly before meeting up with the coast of Alaska. WTF?!

- And finally... if you go to Hawaii, you're kinda fucked getting all the way back to your home in Australia because you can't go over the "pacific".

How is "West" defined on a surface that is constantly changing its form? One may object, that this is a Flap Earth rather than a Flat Earth, but at least it is still a FE.

The rest of your observations can be explained by Instantaneous Transportation, a concept introduced by JRowe for his Dual Earth.

Callzter

• Amateur Astronomer, Round Earth Defense Force
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »

How is "West" defined on a surface that is constantly changing its form? One may object, that this is a Flap Earth rather than a Flat Earth, but at least it is still a FE.

The rest of your observations can be explained by Instantaneous Transportation, a concept introduced by JRowe for his Dual Earth.
Touché.
The quickest way I could kill myself is by climbing up to the top of your ego and then jumping down to your fucking I.Q.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 02:55:29 AM »
I didn't know this before but now I see this, I have always believed in this model. You need to change your name to True Prophet
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 03:34:39 AM »
I didn't know this before but now I see this, I have always believed in this model. You need to change your name to True Prophet

"Only a true prophet calls himself a false prophet" (Life of Brian, a little altered)

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 04:43:41 AM »
If it's flapping, how can it be flat?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:49:57 AM »
If it's flapping, how can it be flat?

I was in fear of a more profound criticism from you.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 04:53:07 AM »
I can provide one if you like, but face it, your butterfly is dead (that way it can be flat).

Personally, I like the Dyamaxion projections.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 05:01:03 AM »
I can provide one if you like, but face it, your butterfly is dead (that way it can be flat).

In case you have nothing better to do...but nobody can kill my butterfly!

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 02:40:18 PM »

In case you have nothing better to do...but nobody can kill my butterfly!
You have to make a choice.
Either it's dead, or it isn't flat.

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 02:50:31 PM »
#StillMoreEvidenceThanFE
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »
I'd say it IS flapping, but aether flow is causing it to be flat all the same.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »
After some ingenious mathematical considerations (which I am too modest to share) I came to the following conclusion:

The only manner butterfly earth can flap to produce the star movements we observe is when it has currently flap-folded into a sphere.

Now there are 2 possibilities.

Butterfly earth flaps in a way, that it periodically forms a sphere. After that, it opens again, passes the state of a flat butterfly and folds again into a reversed sphere with what we now call the surface inside. So currently we live on the surface of a convex hollow earth, but in a distant future earth will be temporarily flat and in an even more distant future it will be concave and hollow and it will be very dark then, unless we move to the outside (that is currently the inside).

Or butterfly earth is still very young. It has just left its cocoon and still forms what I call a primordial sphere. It will soon unfold, leave the sun and begin its flight through the universe. Maybe the planets are all cocoons that have not yet opened with a butterfly earth inside..

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 04:52:15 PM »

Hopefully the cat earth will not attack the butterfly earth.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 06:18:47 PM »

Hopefully the cat earth will not attack the butterfly earth.
Keep your >:( cat  >:( away from our birds in the back-yard - the feathered variety[1]!

[1] And away from this feathered variety too!