Ping times are disproved the speed of the light

• 45 Replies
Re: Ping times are disproved the speed of the light
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 01:43:54 AM »
Uh, oh: quoting someone on the Naughty List is one of the ways to get added to the Naughty List...

What is your point?
My point is clear to those of us reading EVERY post.  If you would stop ignoring people, you would be able to follow the whole conversation.  It's not my job to get you caught up.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 02:16:43 AM »
Uh, oh...Sam Hill is added to the Naughty list...
I guess commenting about the Naughty list also will add you to the naughty list... :P
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2017, 02:25:58 AM »
First rule of the Naughty List, I guess.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2017, 03:34:18 AM »
First rule of the ignore club, don't talk about the ignore club.

Also damn them to infinitive.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2017, 07:12:03 AM »
OK guess, the way the internet works, is like this. When you ask to see a webpage, the page is divided into many small packets. Each packet finds the fasted path from the server to you.

If you live on the West coast and try to see a website that is housed in Turkey, some packets may travel through the underwater cable in the Pacific Ocean through Asia to Turkey, others may travel through the underwater cables in the Atlantic Ocean to Germany to Turkey.

Also large websites have multiple servers all over the world, and depending on your location, it will send you to the closest server.

The best way to find out the speeds is if you do a trace root for a website that way you know where the servers are house. It should also state the time that it needed to go from server to server

I don’t know what the outcome of this will have and I really don't care either way, but have fun with it.

If somebody has a better idea, please post it.
To simply dismiss the concept of God as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself.

My experiences with science led me to God.

The Truth Will Set You Free

Werner Von Braun

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2017, 09:03:34 AM »
I don’t know what the outcome of this will have and I really don't care either way
So why reply?

Yeah, as a few of us have already said, the "better idea" is to abandon this.  Ping times are not fixed.  Attempting to measure distance with a variable yardstick is a fool's errand.

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »
Your are correct, ping times are not fixed but trace roots are fixed with time.
To simply dismiss the concept of God as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself.

Werner Von Braun

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »

Route tracing uses the same mechanism as ping.
Both use ICMP echo request packets. The difference lies on the TTL value, ping uses a fixed value and trace uses an incrementing value.
Of course ping uses echo request and echo reply and trace uses echo request and TTL expired.
Both are unreliable and have low priority.
I must also refer that inter domain routes are established by administrative metrics unlike intra domain routing where shorter routes are preferred most of the time.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2017, 10:47:14 AM »
Route tracing uses the same mechanism as ping.
Both use ICMP echo request packets. The difference lies on the TTL value, ping uses a fixed value and trace uses an incrementing value.
Of course ping uses echo request and echo reply and trace uses echo request and TTL expired.
Both are unreliable and have low priority.
I must also refer that inter domain routes are established by administrative metrics unlike intra domain routing where shorter routes are preferred most of the time.

No objection to that, thanks for the info.

Werner Von Braun

JackBlack

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2017, 03:21:52 PM »
The massive variability will make it quite difficult to get any useful data out of it.
The only useful data would be if there was a direct cable between continents in the southern hemisphere, where you might stand a chance at showing a massive discontinuity in speed, but there isn't, so that doesn't help.

It would also be better if you ran a test right on the cables themselves rather than needing to pass it through multiple points along the way, but even the cables have repeaters in them (unless it has changed since I last checked), making it pretty much entirely useless.

Mikey T.

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »
Uh, oh: quoting someone on the Naughty List is one of the ways to get added to the Naughty List...
I've been on the Naughty list for a couple of weeks.  Kind of fun here. 

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 09:45:37 PM »

Ping times not being fixed is the key point.  The ping times form the basis for this method, and if they are not fixed, the method is worthless. 

By analogy, suppose you wanted to measure the distance from one gas station to another, but I gave you the value in "words", as in "how many words I was able to read between Texaco and Chevron"  Depending on what book I was reading the number of words will fluctuate, giving you no basis for determining how far we drove.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »

Can you find trace times between 20 or 30 most popular cities in different locations in the world allow me create a map depends on it?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 01:01:45 AM »

Can you find trace times between 20 or 30 most popular cities in different locations in the world allow me create a map depends on it?

You can't find direct ones, as there are no direct routes. Instead you just find the individual hops. And even then it can use repeaters which wont announce it.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 02:31:11 AM »

You can't find direct ones, as there are no direct routes. Instead you just find the individual hops. And even then it can use repeaters which wont announce it.
Repeaters work at transmission level and we can't detect them at IP level.

Also internet was invented by DARPA which is full of nasty scientists. We can't trust internet it's full of nasa shills and other very mean people.

Remember there is no mention of the internet in the holy books so it's an evil ungodly thing!
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 05:01:10 AM »

Do your own homework, child.