You Intellectuals Should Really Look At Your Lives Closely

• 121 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: You Intellectuals Should Really Look At Your Lives Closely
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2017, 03:18:16 AM »
5k now, no pressure.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1897268#msg1897268

I don't wanna spam up general, I also don't have a problem with you, you're certainly funny and seem like a decent guy.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »
jeranism hasn't been here since page 1 of the now 3-page thread he started. He did say "I like to get in and get out" in his second post, in what's also called "seagull posting" - fly in, drop some crap, leave.
He's probably done it on a bunch of forums to try and keep his traffic up.  That, and he avoids debate, so as not to get his arse handed to him.

Lol and here you shills are, 3 pages later, talking about things that have absoultely nothing to do with the thread topic, and are just bashing the threads poster. Who got their ass handed to them? Survey says the shills.

Whats the topic here again?

Was it about 9/11 and money?

Or about shills and their deception techniques.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
jeranism hasn't been here since page 1 of the now 3-page thread he started. He did say "I like to get in and get out" in his second post, in what's also called "seagull posting" - fly in, drop some crap, leave.
He's probably done it on a bunch of forums to try and keep his traffic up.  That, and he avoids debate, so as not to get his arse handed to him.

Lol and here you shills are, 3 pages later, talking about things that have absoultely nothing to do with the thread topic, and are just bashing the threads poster. Who got their ass handed to them? Survey says the shills.

I believe the topic was just a childish rant about people who disagree with the topic starter. The OP does not mention shills, that's your obsession.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2017, 10:05:02 AM »

No, the topic was about intelligent RE'ers with high post counts constantly beating down stupid FE'ers.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 10:06:12 AM »
This post however, is to the Globe Believer out there who has any number higher than 500 under their name. Honestly, you need to immediately look at your life and the way you spend your time as it is a sad indicator of your perceived intelligence.

He doesnt say "shill" but he describes them perfectly.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:09 AM »
This post however, is to the Globe Believer out there who has any number higher than 500 under their name. Honestly, you need to immediately look at your life and the way you spend your time as it is a sad indicator of your perceived intelligence.

Just swap out 'Globe' for 'Flat Earth' then check your post count.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2017, 10:35:50 AM »

Just swap out 'Globe' for 'Flat Earth' then check your post count.

Whats the name of this website again?

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2017, 11:44:52 AM »
Whats the name of this website again?
shillsrus.com
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »
Ask yourself, why in the world you would spend your time on a forum for flat-tards as you call them? What could possibly be the motivation?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »
Ask yourself, why in the world you would spend your time on a forum for flat-tards as you call them? What could possibly be the motivation?
Maybe some people are concerned about the war being waged against science.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »
When you say war on science do you mean man made climate change or science like the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

I'm not saying man made climate change isn't real, We should absolutely focus on clean renewable energy sources. I do think people should be careful of what we are told are "facts" these days, I think this part of this FE thing is a reaction to people realising we are very often not told the whole truth about situations.

I can definitely understand of the sentiment of not believing everything we are told.
I'm anti-judaism.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »
When you say war on science do you mean man made climate change or science like the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
I think that climate change denial was the first visible symptom, but other once fringe movements, like anti-vaccination and fluoride in the drinking water, seem to be gaining a disturbing amount of traction over the years.  If FET gains similar traction, then I'm afraid that might be a sign that we are on an irreversible course to Idiocracy.

I can definitely understand of the sentiment of not believing everything we are told.
It's one thing to question what you're told.  Questioning is good and proper.  Questioning is how we learn and catch mistakes.

However, it's quite another to dismiss out of hand everything that disagrees with your pet theory.  Some go so far as to deny fundamental principles of physics principles that are quite clearly explained and demonstrated in high school physics lab experiments in favor of ludicrous alternatives that their advocates steadfastly refuse to provide any experimental evidence to support.

Who knows where it started.  Maybe it's just a case of the age old "jocks vs nerds" rivalry getting taken to a disturbing new level.  Or, maybe it's the inevitable backlash from the fairly recent "rock star scientist" phenomenon.  It might even be industry resenting the scientists that once helped them make big money by creating a disposable who are now telling their corporate overlords that the disposable economy is no longer viable.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2017, 07:40:26 PM »
Why is flouride in our drinking water when we can just brush our teeth with it and spit it out?

I haven't heard a great explanation yet.

Please don't take this as me implying reptillians are using flouride to subjugate the human race, I really don't think this is the case.

It just strikes me as odd that it's still in our water supply.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/studies-linking-fluoride-in-water-to-health-issues-prompt-australian-review-20150224-13nr33.html
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »
However, it's quite another to dismiss out of hand everything that disagrees with your pet theory.  Some go so far as to deny fundamental principles of physics principles that are quite clearly explained and demonstrated in high school physics lab experiments in favor of ludicrous alternatives that their advocates steadfastly refuse to provide any experimental evidence to support.

You have absolutely no idea how strongly I agree with you here.
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
...fringe movements, like anti-vaccination and fluoride in the drinking water, seem to be gaining a disturbing amount of traction over the years.  If FET gains similar traction, then I'm afraid that might be a sign that we are on an irreversible course to Idiocracy.

Careful disputenone... You might be on the path to irreversible idiocracy...

onebigmonkey

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2017, 12:11:34 AM »
Why is flouride in our drinking water when we can just brush our teeth with it and spit it out?

I haven't heard a great explanation yet.

Because not everyone cleans their teeth properly, but everyone drinks water.

Natural flouride and dental health was explored in the early 20th century:

https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/Fluoride/TheStoryofFluoridation.htm

Not everywhere adds flouride to water.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2017, 01:11:01 AM »
I brush my teeth twice a day.

Imo, too bad for the people too lazy to brush their teeth, I would prefer cleaner water.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2017, 11:04:20 AM »
I brush my teeth twice a day.

Imo, too bad for the people too lazy to brush their teeth, I would prefer cleaner water.

As far as I know it's a project that helps disadvantaged children with parents that are negligent about oral care. It's not really aimed at adults so much.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
http://ilikemyteeth.org/fluoridation/

Okay I was off about I being aimed at kids. It helps pretty much everyone.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2017, 01:25:02 PM »
When I was a kid I lived in a city with fluoride in the water, I had zero cavities. Then when I was about 7 or 8 I moved to BFE and started drinking well water, had my first cavities within a year.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

dutchy

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »
I am concerned about scientific research, because there is a lot left wanting.
In the Netherlands Diederik Stapel was caught as one of the biggest frauds in the field of psychology.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/11/final-report-stapel-affair-points-bigger-problems-social-psychology
The blame goes far beyond Diederik Stapel and the three Dutch universities where he worked as a social psychologist. In their exhaustive final report about the fraud affair that rocked social psychology last year, three investigative panels today collectively find fault with the field itself. They paint an image of a "sloppy" research culture in which some scientists don't understand the essentials of statistics, journal-selected article reviewers encourage researchers to leave unwelcome data out of their papers, and even the most prestigious journals print results that are obviously too good to be true.

The commissions—one for each of the universities where Stapel has worked—concluded that "from the bottom to the top there was a general neglect of fundamental scientific standards and methodological requirements." That climate made it possible for Stapel's fraud to go undetected for many years, the report says.

Entitled Flawed science: The fraudulent research practices of social psychologist Diederik Stapel, the report again casts an unflattering light on social psychology, which has seen several other investigators come under scrutiny since Stapel was fired from his post at Tilburg University in September 2011. Two months ago, psychologist and Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman urged researchers doing so-called priming studies—an important area in social psychology where Stapel was also active—to clean up their act, declaring in an open letter that "your field is now the poster child for doubts about the integrity of psychological research."

Is our concern not valid about the standards of overall indepedent research ?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2017, 03:02:03 PM »
I am concerned about scientific research, because there is a lot left wanting.
In the Netherlands Diederik Stapel was caught as one of the biggest frauds in the field of psychology.

*snip*

Is our concern not valid about the standards of overall indepedent research ?
Fields in social sciences like psychology are often referred to as "soft sciences" and often have different methodologies than the "hard sciences" like physics.  Of course research in all of the different sciences should have strict protocols, but the failure of one branch of science to adequately police itself does not necessarily indicate a problem with all scientific research.

Having said that, what sort of standards do you suppose FE "scientists" use to ensure that their research and conclusions are honest and credible?

?

dutchy

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »
Having said that, what sort of standards do you suppose FE "scientists" use to ensure that their research and conclusions are honest and credible?
Time will tell and some ''flatearth'' claims don't pass any test whatsoever, because they are solely based on wishfull thinking.

But the globe earth has many flaws too, which i am still trying to figure out.
Do gunmen need to take the coriolis effect into account over certain distances ? The jury is still out when asking and reading about it. Some claim they do others claim they never did or needed it.
And the other day (docu) i heard about a long distance canon from the US military that could reach a target 100km away. Now that needs some coriolis math to hit a specific target for sure.....

And there is visuality beyond the curtvature like this :
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2017, 03:33:53 PM »
And there is visuality beyond the curtvature like this :
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Have you ever wondered why most of these "over the horizon" observations are done over large bodies of water? 

Of course there's the obvious benefit of having a long, uninterrupted stretch of flatness.  However, one thing that might not be so obvious, and is rarely (if ever) mentioned by FE'ers is the temperature differences between the water and the air.  Under various conditions, the air near the surface of the water can experience any number of temperature gradations and/or inversions leading to various refractive phenomena that can easily explain such over the horizon observations.  For this reason, I generally consider such observations to be inconclusive.

Here is a web page that describes a variety of these phenomena:
http://www.weatherscapes.com/gallery.php?cat=optics&subcat=refraction&expand=refraction

?

dutchy

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2017, 01:40:54 AM »
For this reason, I generally consider such observations to be inconclusive.
People show clear evidence of buildings that should have been hundreds of feet below the curvature.
Curvature and refraction was taken into account according to the math of our current globe model and of course it is still not good enough for globers.
Did you watch ? It is what reality looks like, contrary to the moon passing the earth in deep space.
I really am puzzled to the extremes that the former which my eyes tell me presents reality is dismissed by globers with easy as a mirage or distorted refraction of some kind of fata morgana, but extremely fake looking NASA CGI is what reality looks like.

What has become of our natural abilities to discern reality from fiction ? Wow this feels weird.........

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2017, 09:08:06 AM »
For this reason, I generally consider such observations to be inconclusive.
People show clear evidence of buildings that should have been hundreds of feet below the curvature.
Curvature and refraction was taken into account according to the math of our current globe model and of course it is still not good enough for globers.
??? Huh?  Do you even know what environmental conditions need to be considered in order to account for atmospheric refraction?

Did you watch ? It is what reality looks like, contrary to the moon passing the earth in deep space.
Yes, I watched it and the heat shimmers at the waterline suggest that conditions could favorable for atmospheric refraction.

Try performing that same observation under a variety of weather conditions and at different times of day, then tell me how consistently you could see the skyline.

I have personally gone to Old Fort Niagara park, where similar views of Toronto are supposed to be possible, but I was unable to see any trace of the skyline, even with a 500mm mirror lens and a 3x teleconverter on my 35mm camera.  That's why I tend to consider those types of observations to be inconclusive.

I really am puzzled to the extremes that the former which my eyes tell me presents reality is dismissed by globers with easy as a mirage or distorted refraction of some kind of fata morgana, but extremely fake looking NASA CGI is what reality looks like.
What should an illuminated far side of the moon transiting the earth supposed to look like from a million miles away?

What has become of our natural abilities to discern reality from fiction ? Wow this feels weird.........
What's so weird about technology giving us the ability to experience things that have never before been a part of our normal, everyday experience. 

Just think how people felt when medical x-rays were first used.  I'm sure that the pictures of their insides looked fake to them.

MRI and CT scans look even more fake, but we trust them to be real, don't we?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:10:36 AM by markjo »

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2017, 05:36:27 PM »
When will you shills realize that your presence here is like our lack of a presence on the moon....

The longer you stay here, the more evident it becomes that you have ultierior motives.

Just like the more time passes that mankind has not returned to the moon, the more obvious it gets that it was a hoax!

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
When will you shills realize that your presence here is like our lack of a presence on the moon....

The longer you stay here, the more evident it becomes that you have ultierior motives.

Just like the more time passes that mankind has not returned to the moon, the more obvious it gets that it was a hoax!

Can you make a compelling case to convince politicians or some private entity with the requisite discretionary resources to commit the money and undertake the risk required to return to the moon? That would be great!

If you can't find a compelling, most likely economic, reason, what's your point?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2017, 06:52:06 PM »

Actually, there have been a number of unmanned probes sent to the moon over the last 30 years or so.  There are also several programs in the works to send manned missions to the moon.  It's all a matter of national priority and money.