Did china fake their spacewalk?

• 25 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Did china fake their spacewalk?
« on: April 10, 2017, 07:00:01 PM »

CCTV ran a live broadcast of the Shenzhou VII spacecraft launch to mark the second phase of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)’s Project 921 at the end of September. This video footage, however, contains many unexplainable physical phenomena. These anomalies from the broadcast, which include bubbles in space, no evidence of the earth’s atmosphere, and the lack of background noise usually hear in space communication, call into question the legitimacy of the mission itself. Upon analyzing this footage, some even suspect the live broadcast was a fraud that employed an analogue video taken under water to simulate conditions in space.

My position is they faked it, NASA and the chevron club won't call them out due to international pressure.

The stadium lights are the smoking gun imo.

It's interesting, what are your opinions?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Did china fake their spacewalk?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 07:41:28 PM »
I don't normally buy into 'conspiracies' but then this is China, which are masters (or should I say amateurs) of fakeness, lies and propaganda.

It is very damning and compelling evidence. I'm convinced. The word 'China' doesn't really inspire confidence to begin with. Such is their reputation they have made for themselves. You would kind of hope other superpowers would call them on their BS. But then, being China, the actors here would be blamed for not doing a good enough job and they would disappear forever (although their organs might reappear in a few people through forced organ harvesting)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:51:09 PM »
I don't normally buy into 'conspiracies' but then this is China, which are masters (or should I say amateurs) of fakeness, lies and propaganda.

It is very damning and compelling evidence. I'm convinced. The word 'China' doesn't really inspire confidence to begin with. Such is their reputation they have made for themselves. You would kind of hope other superpowers would call them on their BS. But then, being China, the actors here would be blamed for not doing a good enough job and they would disappear forever (although their organs might reappear in a few people through forced organ harvesting)

Conviced are you? Really? I hope! Maybe youll stop calling flat Earthers stupid.

But some truths are irrefutable. And to perpetuate a myth that the Earth is flat and all the current understanding about our universe is all a lie, only dumbs down the society in which you live. I seriously hope that all the people who are for the flat earth, hollow earth, no moon or shape shifting lizard people etc are just trolling for lols. Surely no human could be that stupid.

Calling us stupid.

It was in fact, a generalisation of any conspiracy theorist (which includes Flat Earth not specifically targeting only flat earth) that believes in their heart of hearts a conspiracy, without any evidence and conversely, overwhelming evidence to the contrary even from 2000 years ago.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »

I don't buy into "conspiracies" either, just evidence. This is why I think it was faked.

China also claims they are successfully using the EM drive to power satellites...  :-X

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.popsci.com/amp/emdrive-engine-space-travel-china-success

"Conspiracy theorist" is just a derogatory term for anyone who questions their T.V. don't buy the hype.
I'm anti-judaism.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:06:35 PM »

Conviced are you? Really? I hope! Maybe youll stop calling flat Earthers stupid.

But some truths are irrefutable. And to perpetuate a myth that the Earth is flat and all the current understanding about our universe is all a lie, only dumbs down the society in which you live. I seriously hope that all the people who are for the flat earth, hollow earth, no moon or shape shifting lizard people etc are just trolling for lols. Surely no human could be that stupid.

Calling us stupid.

It was in fact, a generalisation of any conspiracy theorist (which includes Flat Earth not specifically targeting only flat earth) that believes in their heart of hearts a conspiracy, without any evidence and conversely, overwhelming evidence to the contrary even from 2000 years ago.

Have a look at a few more videos on the subject. Nothing adds up. I did specifically say 'without any evidence'. There is plenty of points of conjecture at least in this to show it's fake. The bubbles, the audio quality, the way the flag moves, the 'studio lights'.

There is no credible theory that stacks up to suggest the moon landing (done nearly 60 years ago) was fake or any space walk by the Americans or Russians being faked. But this Chinese one is too much!!!! lol. And if you understood Chinese politics and propaganda, the idea of conspiracy or that they would orchestrate this is hardly far fetched.

At the end of the day, all you have to say is 'This is China' and automatically, given their history, is a red flag as to it authenticity.

Nice try though  8)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 08:10:35 PM »
Don't pay ARHB any notice, I don't think there is a conspiracy theory he doesn't believe in.

I've settled for trolling him for teh lulz.
I'm anti-judaism.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 10:55:47 PM »
There are some areas of China's space programme that are exaggerated to make them look good, and they certainly wouldn't be publicisiing their failures. Their claim of having the most detailed overall surface map of the moon relies solely on the fact that some areas have not been surveyed in high detail, and the reported claim of showing evidence of Apollo missions is patently not true because their probes just do not have high enough resolution. Their website (at least for the lunar stuff) is painful to navigate and extremely unreliable, although they do respond (eventually) to emails - I asked for the digital elevation model of the surface and they very kindly sent me it.

Is the spacewalk faked? No. Look at the behaviour of the material around the astronauts, and even the astronauts themselves, then try and replicate that underwater. Look at actual underwater training footage and compare it - you'll see lots of people, lots more trailing cables and a lot of bubbles from breathing equipment. You can't see any of that in the footage here, and nothing reflected in the visors to suggest it is just out of shot. There are no bubbles - there is the odd bit of something that people often claim is a bubble, but bubbles don't go sideways.

Does China have the kind of political philosophy that would support faking something to gain national advantage and prestige? Of course. Is there clear evidence that they actually did? No.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
Don't pay ARHB any notice, I don't think there is a conspiracy theory he doesn't believe in.

I've settled for trolling him for teh lulz.
Please don't suggest this too ARHB.  :o Though you might be exaggerating  :o.
Let's be fair to the poor kid, "I don't think there is a conspiracy theory that ARHB knows about that he doesn't believe in."

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 11:12:01 PM »
There are some areas of China's space programme that are exaggerated to make them look good, and they certainly wouldn't be publicisiing their failures. Their claim of having the most detailed overall surface map of the moon relies solely on the fact that some areas have not been surveyed in high detail, and the reported claim of showing evidence of Apollo missions is patently not true because their probes just do not have high enough resolution. Their website (at least for the lunar stuff) is painful to navigate and extremely unreliable, although they do respond (eventually) to emails - I asked for the digital elevation model of the surface and they very kindly sent me it.

Is the spacewalk faked? No. Look at the behaviour of the material around the astronauts, and even the astronauts themselves, then try and replicate that underwater. Look at actual underwater training footage and compare it - you'll see lots of people, lots more trailing cables and a lot of bubbles from breathing equipment. You can't see any of that in the footage here, and nothing reflected in the visors to suggest it is just out of shot. There are no bubbles - there is the odd bit of something that people often claim is a bubble, but bubbles don't go sideways.

Does China have the kind of political philosophy that would support faking something to gain national advantage and prestige? Of course. Is there clear evidence that they actually did? No.

I accept that you know much more about this than I do, however it looks nothing like confirmed spacewalks that I have seen.

It could possibly be real, not saying it's a given either way.
I'm anti-judaism.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
Apparently one of the things claimed is that there is a reflection of studio lights in the taikonaut's watch. It's worth paying attention to that watch as the first one emerges as it clearly shows Earth (complete with meteorology and curved horizon) reflected in it. This screenshot doesn't do it justice, so I suggest slowing down the footage and seeing for yourself:

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 11:39:37 PM »

CCTV ran a live broadcast of the Shenzhou VII spacecraft launch to mark the second phase of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)’s Project 921 at the end of September. This video footage, however, contains many unexplainable physical phenomena. These anomalies from the broadcast, which include bubbles in space, no evidence of the earth’s atmosphere, and the lack of background noise usually hear in space communication, call into question the legitimacy of the mission itself. Upon analyzing this footage, some even suspect the live broadcast was a fraud that employed an analogue video taken under water to simulate conditions in space.

My position is they faked it, NASA and the chevron club won't call them out due to international pressure.

The stadium lights are the smoking gun imo.

It's interesting, what are your opinions?

You flat earth people could literally take any video of any event and claim it's a fake. The lengths you'll all go to to protect your childish notion that the earth is flat is so ridiculous.
You really are all a bunch of clots.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 11:41:01 PM »
Apparently one of the things claimed is that there is a reflection of studio lights in the taikonaut's watch. It's worth paying attention to that watch as the first one emerges as it clearly shows Earth (complete with meteorology and curved horizon) reflected in it. This screenshot doesn't do it justice, so I suggest slowing down the footage and seeing for yourself:

Alright coolio, I honestly don't care enough to put in hours of research on Chinas spacewalk, It wouldn't change anything if they lied.

Thanks you explained your position well. You always get a good answer on the F.E.S.

You flat earth people could literally take any video of any event and claim it's a fake. The lengths you'll all go to to protect your childish notion that the earth is flat is so ridiculous.

Learn to read.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 12:09:45 AM »

Alright coolio, I honestly don't care enough to put in hours of research on Chinas spacewalk, It wouldn't change anything if they lied.

Thanks you explained your position well. You always get a good answer on the F.E.S.

Learn to read.

Learn to think.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 12:10:02 AM »
So what's your position now, dispute, on whether it was faked or not?
Still believe it was faked or not so sure now after the experts have piped in?

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 12:22:53 AM »

Bad Astronomy
Did the Chinese fake their space walk?
By Phil Plait
No.

I assume, as usual, you want more info, though!

There is a rumor going around that the Chinese government faked their space walk last week. I’m getting email about an article in The Epoch Times, and the article has obvious leanings against the Chinese government. I’m no fan of their government either, to be honest, but this article has many signs of the authors wearing tin foil changshans. They bring up the suspicious timing of the spacewalk, for example, as it comes when China is under attack about poisoned milk:

Political analysts say that due to tremendous domestic and international pressure, the Chinese regime moved up its spacewalk in hopes to shift focus away from the milk scandal.

What political analysts? Odd that the two journalists who wrote the article, Zhang Haishan and Shi Yu, wouldn’t actually list any obvious sources. All they ever do is quote unnamed Chinese bloggers, and never go to any other sources. It’s things like that which should set off your baloney detectors.

The claims themselves are pretty bad, too. Below is a video of the spacewalk. The article claims this was all shot underwater, in a practice tank!

As it plays, watch when the hatch opens. See the debris blowing out? The article claims these are bubbles! That’s really silly. It’s obviously debris from inside the craft. Again, an unnamed blogger says that if this were filmed underwater, the bubbles rose too fast. The authors claim it’s possible a fan blew them.

Yeeeeeah.

Watch as the taikonaut comes out of the hatch. Observe his movements. Imagine him in a bulky suit underwater, then watch as he waves to the camera. That’s clearly not underwater; his motions are too rapid to be impeded by water. The movement of the straps and other things hanging off the suit don’t look like they are underwater either; they look like they are in microgravity.

Another claim is that you can see banks of lights reflected off the taikonauts wrist reflectors. I watched carefully, and all I see reflected in the mirrors are the black of space, with occasional reflections of the Earth above. I think it’s the latter that’s claimed to be the lights.

My opinion: all in all, this sounds like yet more conspiracy theorists looking for things that aren’t there, and making stuff up as they see fit. This reads just like an article by Moon hoaxers, looking for anything they don’t understand and trying to wedge some nuttiness into reality.

Tip o’ the spacesuit visor to Steven Andreadis and Leonard David.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 12:25:48 AM »
Phil Plait is one of the biggest shills walking Earth.
If he's paid to tell you black is white he'll do exactly that, even with a board in front of him that depicts black as being black and white as being white.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 12:30:59 AM »
Some of Chinas previous handywork

You guys remember the fake baby formula? The people are not above poisoning babies for profit. I do admit they make a pretty convincing cardboard pork bun though! Oh and the oil they cook with may be dredged up from the sewers

http://www.viralnova.com/fake-food-china/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil

Tell me again why I should be inspired with confidence in anything that comes out of China?

Even the way the astronauts move seems forced. Not the lazy slow motion of other space walks you see.

Know your place

?

Kami

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 12:33:48 AM »
Okay, now you convinced me. This video can not be faked. Look at how awful the other fakes are, this one is a masterpiece compared to those.

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 12:48:13 AM »
Phil Plait is one of the biggest shills walking Earth.
If he's paid to tell you black is white he'll do exactly that, even with a board in front of him that depicts black as being black and white as being white.

Of course he's a shill......of course it's a conspiracy......of course if a hoax......of course is CGI, of course we are being fed lies.....

I think that about sums up what you are about. A continual stream of unsupported bullshit is about all you have to offer. You must have really been unhappy as a child.....or could it be you still are one? You certainly behave like one.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 12:58:28 AM »

Learn to read.

Learn to think.

You really are special.

disputeone - Round earther, but also argues against stupid round-earth arguments(So kinda neutral?)

I agree with a lot of what you say Shifter, OneBigMonkey has a PhD in astrophysics I think, not game to debate him on this.

Did they really try to pass those photos off as real??

Only in China.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 01:00:52 AM »
Okay, now you convinced me. This video can not be faked. Look at how awful the other fakes are, this one is a masterpiece compared to those.

Kami raises a strong and also hilarious point. ;D
I'm anti-judaism.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 01:01:51 AM »
Erm, I have a PhD, I never said it was in astrophysics! My knowledge of space and space programmes comes from a lifelong interest in it and a willingness to ask questions and do my own research, nothing more.

They did indeed try to pass those pics off as real, they were caught out very quickly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:04:25 AM by onebigmonkey »

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 01:02:38 AM »
Erm, I have a PhD, I never said it was on astrophysics! My knowledge of space and space programmes comes from a lifelong interest in it and a willingness to ask questions and do my own research, nothing more.

They did indeed try to pass those pics off as real, they were caught out very quickly.

Oh sorry my bad, I just assumed based on your website and knowledge.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 07:23:42 PM »
I saw the "lights" reflected off his watch, or whatever on his his wrist. I'm curious though, when they're in the earth's shadow, for 45 minutes, wouldn't they have lights so they could see? They wouldn't just sit in the dark and wait til sunrise to do their EVA.
The commentators said something about Obama & John McCain debating for the election. Wasn't that '08? Or did I miss something else..

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »
So what's your position now, dispute, on whether it was faked or not?
Still believe it was faked or not so sure now after the experts have piped in?

I believe they faked it, Obm showed me the evidence wasn't as strong as I first thought, it just seems off to me, I can't make a strong case for it either way.

Happy to say when I'm speculating.
I'm anti-judaism.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »
China simply has a huge authenticity problem. It is hard to take whatever they come up with at face value. If there is any niggling doubt, then it's fair to question. Chinas poor image is its own fault over the decades and decades of lies, propaganda and shameless counterfeit and pathetic quality goods that come out of there.

I am happy to be in the camp of this being a 'hoax' on this occasion. I am also happy to be wrong because any progress by any nation into space flight is damn good.

Know your place