Explain this with FE

• 8 Replies
Explain this with FE
« on: April 09, 2017, 05:12:42 AM »
Right ok so in Dubai there is the tallest sky scraper in the world, it's absolutely huge, you can find the measurements on Google.

Because of it's size it is possible to watch the sunset on the ground then take a lift up to the top if the tower and watch it again, meaning that the sun sets later at the top of the tower.

This idea is further backed up by during Ramadan people can't eat during daylight hours, and the restaurant at the top of the tower opens a minute or so later than restaurants on the ground because the sun sets later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2159142/The-Burj-Khalifa-skyscraper-stands-tall-visitors-watch-sun-set-twice-minute.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14437334

These are just two links but if you Google either of the statements I made, you can find other sources to agree.

Note I don't want anyone bringing up irrelevant stuff, this discuss is purely about the difference in time at the top of the Burj, not about remote control boats or whatever other rubbish Physical Observer and others want to bring here.
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Explain this with FE
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:51:49 AM »

Note I don't want anyone bringing up irrelevant stuff, this discuss is purely about the difference in time at the top of the Burj,

What? Top of the tower is in a different time zone?

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 05:59:24 AM »

Note I don't want anyone bringing up irrelevant stuff, this discuss is purely about the difference in time at the top of the Burj,

What? Top of the tower is in a different time zone?

Not a different time zone, the sun sets later which is explainable in layman's terms by saying it's a different time
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:06:05 AM »
The video quality is not good.
The guy starts video taping while he is on which floor?
Next time, do the job properly. Start video taping while at level 0.
Keep video taping all the way to the 160th floor.

I am not a flat earther.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 07:17:44 AM »
Right ok so in Dubai there is the tallest sky scraper in the world, it's absolutely huge, you can find the measurements on Google.

Because of it's size it is possible to watch the sunset on the ground then take a lift up to the top if the tower and watch it again, meaning that the sun sets later at the top of the tower.

This idea is further backed up by during Ramadan people can't eat during daylight hours, and the restaurant at the top of the tower opens a minute or so later than restaurants on the ground because the sun sets later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2159142/The-Burj-Khalifa-skyscraper-stands-tall-visitors-watch-sun-set-twice-minute.html

These are just two links but if you Google either of the statements I made, you can find other sources to agree.

Note I don't want anyone bringing up irrelevant stuff, this discuss is purely about the difference in time at the top of the Burj, not about remote control boats or whatever other rubbish Physical Observer and others want to bring here.

"then take a lift up to the top if the tower and watch it again, meaning that the sun sets later at the top of the tower."

You are changing the floor of your perspective. A person in a tower of a disappearing train, would have a longer view of the train than a person standing on the tracks, just below the tower. You see, the invisible air does not make a great floor for perspective, the person higher up does not have a floor blocking their view, like the person on the floor.

You'll will never factor perspective in to your explanation. It's like, in your mind, it never presents itself as a possible explanation, does it? I know you keep using the same already refuted arguments.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 07:47:41 AM »

"then take a lift up to the top if the tower and watch it again, meaning that the sun sets later at the top of the tower."

You are changing the floor of your perspective. A person in a tower of a disappearing train, would have a longer view of the train than a person standing on the tracks, just below the tower. You see, the invisible air does not make a great floor for perspective, the person higher up does not have a floor blocking their view, like the person on the floor.

You'll will never factor perspective in to your explanation. It's like, in your mind, it never presents itself as a possible explanation, does it? I know you keep using the same already refuted arguments.
Strange that nobody agrees with you.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 07:50:08 AM »

Your empty meaningless words need evidence, I have applied evidence you have not.
Karl Marx

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 11:56:04 AM »

PO Do you know how the sides of a right angle triangle work? The hypotenuse is always the longest side yeah, so if you take an object on the left and at the same level an observer on the right.

If you draw a line between the two objects and now above the observer draw another line to mark the new height of the observer, now if we draw a line from the observer's new position to the object.

Now so what we have is a right angle triangle, with the line from the higher observer to the object being longer than the one along the flat plane, because of basic pythagoras.

Now let's take this triangle and draw it with the sun being the object on the left and the top of the Burj being the elevated observer. This means that the distance to the sun theoretically is further from the top, so how can perspective fit into that as surely the further away the more it disappears into the vanishing point, but we get the opposite effect of viewing it when we couldn't from the floor.
Karl Marx

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 03:33:41 AM »
You are changing the floor of your perspective. A person in a tower of a disappearing train, would have a longer view of the train than a person standing on the tracks, just below the tower.
Yes, because the horizon is further away due to their greater height making the tangent that meets their eye further around.

If you were going to use perspective it would work against you.
By being up higher, you are closer to the sun, and thus it should be closer to your magic "vanishing point". As such, the sun should set earlier the higher you are.

You see, the invisible air does not make a great floor for perspective, the person higher up does not have a floor blocking their view, like the person on the floor.
And the only way that will happen is if the Earth/floor was curved. Otherwise how is a floor much lower than you and the sun meant to block the view to the sun?
It would be impossible.

Nope. It is factored in. But it can't explain it at all.
You are yet to refute a single argument, instead you keep bringing up the same refuted "refutations".