Scientific Models Can Make Predictions

• 9 Replies
Scientific Models Can Make Predictions
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »
Science starts with observations, then hypotheses, then tests. If tests start to yield positive results, then we can start to develop a theory (a word meaning "explanation of a phenomenon supported by experiment and observation" not "something that occurred to someone that might make sense"). Proper theories should make testable predictions, and only the theories that can make a lot of successful predictions hold up over time.

The spherical Earth/Sun-centered model can predict eclipses with amazing precision decades in advance. RE scientists can tell you when, where, how long, and what it will look like. For example, a total solar eclipse will just about come over where I live on August 12, 2045. Many more in many places will happen before then.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html

You can even look up when the next eclipse will come over your house and what it will look like. Try it and see if RE scientists (using computer models programmed with RE science) are right.

Here's another little test that you can run: Every time one of these pops up, check the phase of the Moon. Solar eclipses always and only happen right at the hour of the new moon, and lunar eclipses always and only happen at the full moon. Always.

(The flat Earth model predicts that FE supporters will make up random stuff whenever they get cornered by actual science. Let's see if that prediction comes true, too!)
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

Callzter

• Amateur Astronomer, Round Earth Defense Force
Re: Scientific Models Can Make Predictions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 03:28:15 AM »
Obviously Satan is just giving these scientists information about eclipses so that they can deceive people!...

Oh man I can't say that with a straight face! I think you utterly demolished the FE model in one clean swoop my friend. Nice work.
The quickest way I could kill myself is by climbing up to the top of your ego and then jumping down to your fucking I.Q.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 03:44:34 AM »
Science starts with observations, then hypotheses, then tests. If tests start to yield positive results, then we can start to develop a theory (a word meaning "explanation of a phenomenon supported by experiment and observation" not "something that occurred to someone that might make sense"). Proper theories should make testable predictions, and only the theories that can make a lot of successful predictions hold up over time.

The spherical Earth/Sun-centered model can predict eclipses with amazing precision decades in advance. RE scientists can tell you when, where, how long, and what it will look like. For example, a total solar eclipse will just about come over where I live on August 12, 2045. Many more in many places will happen before then.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html

You can even look up when the next eclipse will come over your house and what it will look like. Try it and see if RE scientists (using computer models programmed with RE science) are right.

Here's another little test that you can run: Every time one of these pops up, check the phase of the Moon. Solar eclipses always and only happen right at the hour of the new moon, and lunar eclipses always and only happen at the full moon. Always.

(The flat Earth model predicts that FE supporters will make up random stuff whenever they get cornered by actual science. Let's see if that prediction comes true, too!)

Physical earth shows what physical earth is experiencing. You need to rely on false predictions for your evidence. If your false predictions are not supported by earth's physical conditions, ignore physical earth, and put faith is false predictions. That's the way it works for you'll, right?

JackBlack

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 03:51:27 AM »
Physical earth shows what physical earth is experiencing. You need to rely on false predictions for your evidence. If your false predictions are not supported by earth's physical conditions, ignore physical earth, and put faith is false predictions. That's the way it works for you'll, right?
Yes, physical Earth shows what physical Earth is experiencing, but sometimes you simply can't notice that.
But don't worry, some times you can. For example, you can see tropical storms, which is physical Earth showing you that physical Earth is a rotating ball.

All of our predictions are either supported by or are consistent with physical Earth.
You are the one ignoring Earth, not us.
You are the one with absolutely no evidence, not us.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 04:14:34 AM »
Yes, physical Earth shows what physical Earth is experiencing, but sometimes you simply can't notice that.
But don't worry, some times you can. For example, you can see tropical storms, which is physical Earth showing you that physical Earth is a rotating ball.

All of our predictions are either supported by or are consistent with physical Earth.

"Yes, physical Earth shows what physical Earth is experiencing,..."

Support your claim with visual evidence from physical earth, BET YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 04:56:25 AM »
False predictions? Have you never been awake for an eclipse? Where do you live? Where I live, they announce EXACTLY when an eclipse will start and end, and EXACTLY what we will see from our location. There will be a total solar eclipse on August 21st across the US. FE believers who see it are going to lose their freaking minds that day. And sad little Physical Observer will be left alone with his toy boats.
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 04:58:55 AM »
PO, can you present for us a basic idea of what you DO believe? BET YOU CANT!!!
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 05:01:21 AM »
Love it how PO has just played around with some long words and completely failed realise challenge of How are eclipses predicted and even gone as far and calling them fake
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 03:51:41 PM »

Support your claim with visual evidence from physical earth, BET YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!
I BET I CAN!!!
We have done so repeatedly.
All you can do is ignore it, dismiss it or lie about it.
You have no refutation for it.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 04:07:03 PM »

You remember the we showed you a few times?
You still could not disprove a single one of the proves.
You always say you bed,
OK tell us what you bed, how much is your believe in the flat earth worth?
Are you stay to your word or do you chicken out?