Earth spinning at 1000MPH

• 88 Replies

JackBlack

Re: Earth spinning at 1000MPH
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2017, 03:30:36 AM »
I love the way you RE-ers must invent an excuse to sssllloooww the earth down to a crawl! The fact is, it is said the ground we puny humans navigate is moving at 1,000 MPH. The ground that contains water is said to be moving at 1,000 MPH. You can't slow 1,000 MPH down, no matter what you do. 1,000 MPH is pretty dang fast, I don't care who you are!

We don't need to invent excuses at all.
It doesn't matter how fast we are moving (in terms of miles per hour), as you don't feel velocity.
The effects of moving at 1000 miles per hour are identical to those of moving at 0 miles per hour, none at all.

I find it pathetic that you repeatedly need to ignore that fact.

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2017, 03:52:33 AM »

I already responded to Mt. Rainer, perhaps you missed it. The mountain would not stay in one position long enough to cast a shadow of any duration, every second the mountain is 1,664 feet east from where it was when the sun came into view, at least on your spinning speeding ball earth, that would be the case. I did provide two videos, one 10 minutes in length of the shadow. Which really proves the mountain is not on a 1,000 MPH platform, but on a motionless surface. Mt. Rainer, I'm sorry, was a huge flop for your speeding spinning earth belief.
Why do keep telling complete untruths? On the rotating Globe, Mt Rainier would never be "on a 1,000 MPH platform".
You might remember this:
No! NOT "a 1,466 feet per second moving mountain", but a 1042 feet per sec second moving mountain,
but as we saw in another post Flat Earthers don't care about accuracy, any old number will do!
. . . . . . . . .
Mt Rainier would about 624,958 feet closer to the sun in 10 minutes, but so what?
Why is that a big deal when the sun is roughly 491,000,000,000 feet from the earth?

A far better way to put it is that in those 10 minutes the earth has rotated 1.5°, so the angle of the shadow would move 1.5° down.
You showed nothing that could show a small angle change like that,

You completely ignore replies that show that your debunking is just useless ignorant junk.
Remember the ;D hurricane ;D in  8) Fiji  8) (such an "innocent" mistake) and the   ;D hurricane  ;D in 8) New Zealand  8)?

You really are becoming a laughing stock with all your silly "evidence", that is so easily shown to be meaningless

Keep it up it's getting quite entertaining!

But, how does someone as ignorant as you obviously are hope to disprove ideas that have stoop the test of hundreds and thousands of years.

Neither your nemesis NASA nor modern scientists "invented" the Globe!

"On the rotating Globe, Mt Rainier would never be "on a 1,000 MPH platform"."

My gawd, start thinking about what you are saying. If Mt. Rainer is on a rotating globe, then it is on a rotating platform, the surface of globe earth. The issue is, I'm correct about the shadow lasting only a second, because the mountain, being on the rotating globe, is not going to stick around long enough to cast a shadow of any duration, especially one that last for 10 minutes or longer. In one second, the mountain will be 1,600 feet to the direction of spin, east. At that speed, the shadow would get shorter and shorter at a fast rate. Because the mountain, moving east, is moving towards the sun at 1,600 feet per-second. I don't know where you're from, but in my neck of the woods, that's pretty dang fast! I know some people at the Bonneville Salt Flats that would love to reach that speed. Now, on a motionless plane earth, with a much smaller sun circling above at a slower speed, you would get that shadow effect, but certainly not with the mountain moving towards a rising sun at 1,600 feet pre-second.

My son got sent to the Principle's office when he was in 5th grade, 16 years ago, because he laughed at the science teacher when the teacher said we are moving close to a 1,000 MPH, while sitting in the classroom. The science teacher would not even entertain a discussion on the issue!My son saw the ludicrousness of the statement many years before it dawned on me. He and I have never had a conversation about FE, or RE, so I don't know where his revelation has lead him on the subject.

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2017, 03:55:23 AM »
@physical observer

Did you read my post? It is high time you learn high school physics.

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2017, 04:25:14 AM »
What I have noticed greatly is that flat-earth believers with throw around the earth's speed as part of their argument without doing and simple maths. They hear "1000mph" and jump to, "all the water should be spraying off and shit flying" but they don't do the simplest of things: thinking.

Something as big as a plat can EASILY do 1000mph. WHY? Because MPH is irrelevant. For a spinning object, the true speed is in the Revelations Per Minute. Now I should have your attention.

The earth does about 1000mph on the surface BUT it's so BIG that it only does 0.01RPM (1 Revolution per day). It does one spin a day. Would you really feel 0.01 rpm?

No really, now. We are adults here. As an adult with an adult brain, be honest in your thoughts. If you sat on a Ferris Wheel that's rotating at 0.01rpm, would you feel it?

I love the way you RE-ers must invent an excuse to sssllloooww the earth down to a crawl! The fact is, it is said the ground we puny humans navigate is moving at 1,000 MPH. The ground that contains water is said to be moving at 1,000 MPH. You can't slow 1,000 MPH down, no matter what you do. 1,000 MPH is pretty dang fast, I don't care who you are!

an you "forgot" something:
the around the earth is also moving with the earth at the same speed.
and you "forgot" that you can only feel accelerations we all can not feel speed.
every time you claim to feel speed you are wrong, it is always acceleration.
you do not feel the speed of the wind, you feel when the air hits you with the speed it travels and gets slowed down to your speed.

if you claim again that the air should be stationary around the spinning globe, you have to explain why that has to be that way.

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2017, 05:13:15 AM »
What I have noticed greatly is that flat-earth believers with throw around the earth's speed as part of their argument without doing and simple maths. They hear "1000mph" and jump to, "all the water should be spraying off and shit flying" but they don't do the simplest of things: thinking.

Something as big as a plat can EASILY do 1000mph. WHY? Because MPH is irrelevant. For a spinning object, the true speed is in the Revelations Per Minute. Now I should have your attention.

The earth does about 1000mph on the surface BUT it's so BIG that it only does 0.01RPM (1 Revolution per day). It does one spin a day. Would you really feel 0.01 rpm?

No really, now. We are adults here. As an adult with an adult brain, be honest in your thoughts. If you sat on a Ferris Wheel that's rotating at 0.01rpm, would you feel it?

an you "forgot" something:
the around the earth is also moving with the earth at the same speed.
and you "forgot" that you can only feel accelerations we all can not feel speed.
every time you claim to feel speed you are wrong, it is always acceleration.
you do not feel the speed of the wind, you feel when the air hits you with the speed it travels and gets slowed down to your speed.

if you claim again that the air should be stationary around the spinning globe, you have to explain why that has to be that way.

"the around the earth is also moving with the earth at the same speed."

Yep, you need to add one more unprovable excuse, hey?

"we all can not feel speed."

You can if you open the window, or speed on a motorcycle. In motionless atmosphere, you cannot feel speed. So, if I cannot feel speed while standing on earth, I'm not surrounded by a solid shell, keeping the atmosphere motionless, then the correct conclusion is I'm not speeding at 1,000 MPH while standing on earth. What do you need to do, keep adding more unprovable excuses?

"if you claim again that the air should be stationary around the spinning globe, you have to explain why that has to be that way."

Can you point out where I said the atmosphere on a spinning globe should be stationary? How can you have 0 MPH winds with an atmosphere said to be in motion at 1,000 MPH?

How do you have spherical planets spinning and speeding through the non-vacuum of space, maintain a consistent path without dealing with the Magnus effect of curving off path? I teach my baseball players how to use the Magnus effect to their advantage. Insert unprovable excuse here......................................................

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2017, 06:28:42 AM »
 I'm sorry, Mr. physical observer. There's an important fact that you are failing to consider. For the flat earth model to work exactly as we observe things, the sun would have to move relative to the earth in exactly the same speed that we say the earth is rotating relative to the sun.  Therefore, your argument can be turned right back on you. If the sun is moving that fast, how was it possible that that shadow exists for more than a split second? That argument won't work against us, because it is an equally valid point against your argument.  The reason that it works for either your argument for our argument is that the earth is really really big. So using your argument only, we are tied. However, you cannot account for the sun being "lower" than the mountain.
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2017, 06:41:49 AM »

"the around the earth is also moving with the earth at the same speed."

you don't even know what you just stated there:
if you claim the earth and the atmosphere have different speed that it has a different speed also in your idea,
that mean that in you idea the earth moves with a speed of 0mph the atmosphere moves with a speed not 0mph.
that would mean that the atmosphere will blow everything away.

"we all can not feel speed."

You can if you open the window, or speed on a motorcycle. In motionless atmosphere, you cannot feel speed. So, if I cannot feel speed while standing on earth, I'm not surrounded by a solid shell, keeping the atmosphere motionless, then the correct conclusion is I'm not speeding at 1,000 MPH while standing on earth. What do you need to do, keep adding more unprovable excuses?

you still not understand: you only can feel the change of speed (that is acceleration).
simple test:
drive your car with 100km/h
touch the roof of the car while you are sitting in it.
can you feel that the car is driving at 100km/h?

"if you claim again that the air should be stationary around the spinning globe, you have to explain why that has to be that way."

Can you point out where I said the atmosphere on a spinning globe should be stationary? How can you have 0 MPH winds with an atmosphere said to be in motion at 1,000 MPH?

How do you have spherical planets spinning and speeding through the non-vacuum of space, maintain a consistent path without dealing with the Magnus effect of curving off path? I teach my baseball players how to use the Magnus effect to their advantage. Insert unprovable excuse here......................................................

and there you make another wrong assumption: the space around the earth with its atmosphere is in a space of vacuum.

the only one who brings up unprovabel excuses is you.

we have show you a lot of evidence
you have shown not one evidence and you also could not disprove one of our evidence (i remind you of the Foucault Pendulum)

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2017, 08:46:04 AM »
Let me quote what I replied few hours ago. Do your homework then continue to argue.

Quote from: Yashas

It's high time the FEers consider learning high school physics.

http://earthsky.org/earth/why-cant-we-feel-earths-spin
http://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-why-we-don-t-feel-earth-s-rotation-according-to-science
http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/60-Why-don-t-we-feel-Earth-move-
http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/physics/134-physics/general-physics/mechanics/812-since-earth-is-spinning-why-do-we-land-in-the-same-place-when-we-jump-or-fall-intermediate

[\quote]

the problem with him is that he will claim that all the scientist are wrong and only he and a few other FEIB know whats really going on.

he is that kind of person that makes up an idea in his head and than says that all evidence that is against his idea are lies even he can not explain his ideas.

but as a Baseball trainer he does not need knowledge in physics  ;D

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »
Stop pressuring physical observer. I get a feeling that his brain is going to start leaking from his ears.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
Stop pressuring physical observer. I get a feeling that his brain is going to start leaking from his ears.

Collateral damage, I'm afraid - if his brain can't stand up to pressure then  it will falter like his arguments
Only the ignorant choose to ignore opposing views.
Fight for your belief, don't run away.
It's the only way anyone can take you seriously.

JackBlack

Re: Earth spinning at 1000MPH - man this guy is dumb
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2017, 02:58:45 PM »
"On the rotating Globe, Mt Rainier would never be "on a 1,000 MPH platform"."

My gawd, start thinking about what you are saying. If Mt. Rainer is on a rotating globe, then it is on a rotating platform, the surface of globe earth.
Perhaps you should start thinking, just in general for once in your life, but especially about the crap you are saying.
You have shown yet again that you do not understand the difference between rotational and linear motion.

Yes, Mt Rainier would be on a rotating platform, but not one rotating at 1000 miles per hour.

The issue is, I'm correct about the shadow lasting only a second
No. You're not. Like always, you are full of shit.
The distance is quite irrelevant. What is relevant is the change in the angle of the sun, which is 15 degrees an hour. That dictates how far the shadow will move.

because the mountain, being on the rotating globe, is not going to stick around long enough to cast a shadow of any duration, especially one that last for 10 minutes or longer. In one second, the mountain will be 1,600 feet to the direction of spin, east.
Again, it wouldn't be.
Just like so many times before, your numbers are full of shit.
As pointed out before, Mt Rainer isn't going at 1000 miles per hour. Even if it was, that only equates to roughly 1466 feet, not 1600 feet.

Regardless, that doesn't matter, as the Earth and clouds and camera are all moving with it.

At that speed, the shadow would get shorter and shorter at a fast rate. Because the mountain, moving east, is moving towards the sun at 1,600 feet per-second. I don't know where you're from, but in my neck of the woods, that's pretty dang fast!
Except it isn't that fast in the grand scheme of things.
That "fast rate" would be roughly 15 degrees an hour.

Now, on a motionless plane earth, with a much smaller sun circling above at a slower speed, you would get that shadow effect, but certainly not with the mountain moving towards a rising sun at 1,600 feet pre-second.
What a shame that isn't the model that is presented. The sun on a flat Earth is alleged to move at a rate of 1000 miles per hour above the equator. During the southern summer it is moving even faster. See, that is a fatal flaw with lots of these BS excuses Feers come up with, it is actually far worse for the flat Earth.
As it is much closer, it will have a much greater effect.
But the much bigger issue is that the sun is always above the clouds, meaning an object below the clouds will never be able to cast a shadow on them.

With reality, the sun is so far away it isn't funny, 150 000 000 km. So even if it was moving at 1600 km/hr, that is nothing compared to the distance.
The real key, which is what actually moves the sun at any kind of noticeable rate, is not linear motion, it is rotation.
The Earth is rotating at an incredibly slow speed of 15 degrees an hour.

That means a shadow like that will last quite a while.

How about this, rather than repeating the same refuted bullshit, you tell us exactly how long a shadow like that should last on a ball Earth rotating at 15 degrees an hour?

My son got sent to the Principle's office when he was in 5th grade, 16 years ago, because he laughed at the science teacher when the teacher said we are moving close to a 1,000 MPH, while sitting in the classroom. The science teacher would not even entertain a discussion on the issue!My son saw the ludicrousness of the statement many years before it dawned on me. He and I have never had a conversation about FE, or RE, so I don't know where his revelation has lead him on the subject.
So your son was an idiot and infected you with his stupid?

There is nothing ludicrous about it at all. We don't feel motion.

Hopefully he has grown and realised his error.

Nope. Not unprovable. Something proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

Regardless, it is a part of the model, and the reason why Mt Rainer would be moving. If you wish to attack the model, it would be wise to not throw out the key parts which led to your conclusion.

You can if you open the window, or speed on a motorcycle.
Nope. Not feeling speed. That is feeling the motion of the atmosphere relative to you.
You achieve the same effect when riding on a motor cycle at 100 km/hr into the "stationary" air as you do while just sitting on a motorcycle in 100 km/hr wind.
So no, you are not feeling your speed, unless you wish to claim any time there is wind it is actually us flying through it.

an In motionless atmosphere, you cannot feel speed.
No. In an atmosphere moving with you, with no relative speed to you.
That means if you are travelling at 100 km/hr, the atmosphere is moving with you.

So, if I cannot feel speed while standing on earth, I'm not surrounded by a solid shell, keeping the atmosphere motionless
You don't need a shell to keep the atmosphere motionless. You wouldn't want to keep the atmosphere motionless. You would want to keep it moving with Earth. Earth does that just fine.

The shell is only required in a car or plane to protect you/the atmosphere inside the car from the atmosphere outside. For Earth, it is only the pathetic solar wind that would need to be protected from, and the atmosphere does that just fine.

then the correct conclusion is I'm not speeding at 1,000 MPH while standing on earth. What do you need to do, keep adding more unprovable excuses?
No. The correct conclusion (from that bit alone, not considering all the other evidence) is that the atmosphere is moving with Earth, at an unknown speed which may be 0, as you cannot determine speed from that.

By repeatedly appealing to bullshit like a motorbike travelling at speed through a "stationary" atmosphere as an example of when you can feel speed.
That would mean Earth is moving while the atmosphere is not.

But yes, in reality, the atmosphere is moving with Earth.

We don't.
We have them doing so through the vacuum of space, meaning no magnus effect.

Your ball players are dealing with an atmosphere with a pressure of roughly 100 kPa. The most noticeable pressure in the vacuum of space is the solar wind, with a pressure on the order of 1 nPa (also note that a lot of that is due to its motion relative to Earth). 100 000 000 000 000 times for the ball.
Your ball players have balls that spin at a rate of roughly 2000 RPM, while Earth is spinning at a rate of 0.0007 RPM. 2 900 000 times for the ball.
Your ball players have a ball with a mass of roughly 150 g, while Earth has a mass on the order of 10^24 kg. 4*10^25 times for Earth.
Your ball players have a ball with a radius of 3.5 cm, while Earth has a radius of 6371 km. 200 000 000 times for Earth.
Your ball is travelling at 85 miles per hour, while the Solar wind is travelling at 300 km/s. 7900 times for Earth.

The acceleration due to the magnus effect will be the force due to it divided by mass.
The force due to it is proportional to density (which is proportional to pressure), the velocity, the angular velocity and the radius squared.
That means the acceleration is proportional to P*v*omega*r^2/m.
Combining all that, the acceleration due to the Magnus effect for the ball is much more than that for Earth. Around 3.6*10^25 times as much for the ball that it is for Earth.
So it wouldn't produce any significant effect. There are far greater disturbances in space.

So unless you want to count factual differences about the situations, the Magnus effect, or the math based upon all that as an unprovable excuse, we don't need an excuse.
So now what will you do in response? Will you just ignore it, dismiss it as goobly gloop, claim math is a lie, your unprovable BS of space allegedly not being a vacuum, bitching about space not being a perfect vacuum or come up with some other ignorant bullshit excuse?

The path of the planets isn't consistent, they very slightly, they are perturbed. That allowed us to discover some planets by observing the path of one, and noticing it was being perturbed by another, calculating where that other should be, and then finding it there.

JackBlack

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »

Maybe that will help him gain some IQ, it certainly can't make him any worse.

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
No leaks there.  A vehicle's engine with no oil, won't leak.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2017, 11:38:38 PM »

Maybe that will help him gain some IQ, it certainly can't make him any worse.

Maybe pictures would help:

“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2017, 01:20:39 AM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
How do you have spherical planets spinning and speeding through the non-vacuum of space,
I agree that "space" is not a "perfect vacuum", but it is far closer to a "perfect vacuum" than any achievable on earth.

Quote from: physical observer
maintain a consistent path without dealing with the Magnus effect of curving off path? I teach my baseball players how to use the Magnus effect to their advantage. Insert unprovable excuse here......................................................
Simple provable explanation presented here ......................................................

You claim that you don't like equations or maths, then post this sort of thing that demands equations and maths to answer.

The atmospheric pressure at sea-level is about 760 mm (of mercury) or Torr as it is commonly called.
The  vacuum of interstellar space typically has a pressure of about 7.5 x 10-20, that looks very near zero to me!
So interstellar space has a pressure of about (1/10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times normal air pressure!

So these planets easily "maintain a consistent path without dealing with the Magnus effect of curving off path"!
There is no measurable Magnus effect on the earth
::) rotating at 0.0007 rpm in a "near vacuum" at a pressure of about (1/10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times normal air pressure!  ::)
No wonder you don't like numbers and equations! They always prove that you post hog-wash.

Please start posting something sensible!

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2017, 04:10:57 AM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
How do you have spherical planets spinning and speeding through the non-vacuum of space,
I agree that "space" is not a "perfect vacuum", but it is far closer to a "perfect vacuum" than any achievable on earth.

maintain a consistent path without dealing with the Magnus effect of curving off path? I teach my baseball players how to use the Magnus effect to their advantage. Insert unprovable excuse here......................................................
Simple provable explanation presented here ......................................................

You claim that you don't like equations or maths, then post this sort of thing that demands equations and maths to answer.

The atmospheric pressure at sea-level is about 760 mm (of mercury) or Torr as it is commonly called.
The  vacuum of interstellar space typically has a pressure of about 7.5 x 10-20, that looks very near zero to me!
So interstellar space has a pressure of about (1/10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times normal air pressure!

So these planets easily "maintain a consistent path without dealing with the Magnus effect of curving off path"!
::) rotating at 0.0007 rpm in a "near vacuum" at a pressure of about (1/10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times normal air pressure!  ::)
No wonder you don't like numbers and equations! They always prove that you post hog-wash.

Space is either a vacuum, or it s not. You cannot have it both ways.

"There is no measurable Magnus effect on the earth"

Correct, what the ffff does that tell you, the earth is spinning? In the absence of the M-effect on water on earth, that tells me the earth is motionless. But I know you RE-ers like to have things both ways, don't cha?

"Please start posting something sensible!"

I'd suggest you follow your own advice, protectionist!

JackBlack

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2017, 04:25:26 AM »
Space is a vacuum. It isn't a perfect vacuum.

Correct, what the ffff does that tell you, the earth is spinning?
It tells me absolutely nothing that I didn't already know. From a position of complete ignorance (except of the magnus effect), it would tell you that Earth is either rotating slowly, very small, very massive, travelling slowly relative to the medium it is travelling through, that medium has very little density or pressure or some combination thereof.
This matches reality (the RE model), with a very massive Earth rotating very slowly through a medium of effectively 0 density or pressure (i.e. a vacuum).

In the absence of the M-effect on water on earth, that tells me the earth is motionless.
Why would it effect the water on Earth rather than the atmosphere?

How do you know it is absent rather than just below the detection limit?
Even if it was, how does that tell you Earth is motionless when there are numerous other options?

But I know you RE-ers like to have things both ways, don't cha?
Nope. That would be the FEers.
We keep it one way, matching reality.

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2017, 04:36:35 AM »
Space is a vacuum. It isn't a perfect vacuum.

Correct, what the ffff does that tell you, the earth is spinning?
It tells me absolutely nothing that I didn't already know. From a position of complete ignorance (except of the magnus effect), it would tell you that Earth is either rotating slowly, very small, very massive, travelling slowly relative to the medium it is travelling through, that medium has very little density or pressure or some combination thereof.
This matches reality (the RE model), with a very massive Earth rotating very slowly through a medium of effectively 0 density or pressure (i.e. a vacuum).

In the absence of the M-effect on water on earth, that tells me the earth is motionless.
Why would it effect the water on Earth rather than the atmosphere?

How do you know it is absent rather than just below the detection limit?
Even if it was, how does that tell you Earth is motionless when there are numerous other options?

But I know you RE-ers like to have things both ways, don't cha?
Nope. That would be the FEers.
We keep it one way, matching reality.

Space is either a vacuum, or it is not. It cannot be both at the same time.

"Why would it effect the water on Earth rather than the atmosphere?"

There is no Magnus force in effect on plane earth for the water, or the atmosphere.

"How do you know it is absent rather than just below the detection limit?"

See, you want to have it both ways again! In effect, but not detectable. Why can't you say, if it can't be detected, it doesn't exist?

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2017, 05:15:10 AM »
I think everyone is missing the point here. 1,000 MPH means nothing. Acceleration is the only thing that is felt. The earth and everything (the air as well) on it are spinning at 1,000 MPH but with 0 rotational acceleration. Take this as an example.

You are flying in a space ship traveling %1 the speed of light with no acceleration. That is insanely fast. You would be weightless. I know that is strange right? But it is true. This effect can be observed and study here on Earth.

Force = Mass * Acceleration. Meaning any force you'd feel would only be due to acceleration (because we all have mass, some more than others :) ).

Flat Earthers can not dispute this equation because they use it 'prove' the theory of the flat earth gravity. A disk accelerating through space.

In fact, I am not sure why Flat Earthers would dispute that a round earth could exist. They should say, "sure a round earth could exist but, I think it is flat because of this..."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2017, 05:37:25 AM »

Call it whatever you like, but
"Interstellar space has a pressure of about (1/10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times normal air pressure!"
So your Magic Magnus effect is about (1/10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times what that under normal air pressure.

and that "(1/10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) times what that under normal air pressure"
combined with the huge mass of the earth means that "there is no measurable Magnus effect on the earth".
Catch on yet?

If you don't like the answers, you give me better ones, but not simply based on your usual guesswork!

Correct, what the ffff does that tell you, the earth is spinning? In the absence of the M-effect on water on earth, that tells me the earth is motionless. But I know you RE-ers like to have things both ways, don't cha?
Please tell me you are even talking about. The Magnus effect is about a spinning object moving through a fluid.
So why is there any "M-effect on water on earth" due to the earth's rotation. There is the Coriolis effect of water and air, but that is quite a different thing.

This tells me a great deal! It tells me is that you have no idea what you are talking about.

So you really do need to follow the bit of advive that you quote here.
"Please start posting something sensible!"

I'd suggest you follow your own advice, protectionist!
I have been posting extremely sensible posts. I can't help it you don't like the answers!

But what on earth (the Globe of course) do you mean by "protectionist"?

If by "protectionist" you mean that I do my best to protect what I know to be correct, yes, I am a "protectionist" and proud of it!

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2017, 05:38:51 AM »
I think everyone is missing the point here. 1,000 MPH means nothing. Acceleration is the only thing that is felt. The earth and everything (the air as well) on it are spinning at 1,000 MPH but with 0 rotational acceleration. Take this as an example.

You are flying in a space ship traveling %1 the speed of light with no acceleration. That is insanely fast. You would be weightless. I know that is strange right? But it is true. This effect can be observed and study here on Earth.

Force = Mass * Acceleration. Meaning any force you'd feel would only be due to acceleration (because we all have mass, some more than others :) ).

Flat Earthers can not dispute this equation because they use it 'prove' the theory of the flat earth gravity. A disk accelerating through space.

In fact, I am not sure why Flat Earthers would dispute that a round earth could exist. They should say, "sure a round earth could exist but, I think it is flat because of this..."

"1,000 MPH means nothing."

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Gotta find someway to lessen the impact the effects a platform moving at 1,000 MPH would cause on water, and biological life itself, why, because there are no effects on earth that mimic a platform in motion at 1,000 MPH. So, instead of saying, there is no physical evidence the ground is moving at 1,000 MPH, there is no physical evidence the atmosphere is moving at 1,000 MPH, you don't reject the idea, you invent more lame-brain excuses why the effects are non-existent.

Saying something could exist, is not proof it does exist.

A motionless plane earth does not depend on something that has no evidence it even exist, gravity. However, something that does not exist depends on magical explanations of things that also do not exist. Density and electromagnetism are much better, and can be proven to actually exist, as to why somethings float, and somethings sink on motionless plane earth.

I have found one thing true about most Professors, they very narrow and closed minded to different ideas. Especially ideas that buck mainstream materialistic science.

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2017, 06:27:08 AM »
Ok @physical observer I am not sure if you tried to rebut my argument or just tried to insult me. I think you read the first sentence in my post and went nuclear. That's ok. Let me try to explain it a different way.

My 'theory' if you put it is this: Everything on Earth that is still is actually rotating a 1,000 mph. If you are in the car you don't feel the air moving because you and the air in you car are moving. Stick you hand out the window you will bet hitting non-moving air at whatever speed you are traveling.

The earth is the same way. It rotates around itself at a constant rate. Everything else also rotates at that constant rate. We are moving the same speed so we don't feel the force of acceleration.

Let's go back to the car example. I am at a stop light and it turns green. I step on gas peddle and I feel pushed into the seat. I let off the gas and stay at a constant speed and I stop feeling that backward acceleration. I step on the brake I slow the car down, but I am still traveling the speed of the car and must be slowed down with my seat belt.

The argument that you make is if the earth was moving at 1,000 we would all fly off. I am saying you are thinking of it wrong. If the Earth was accelerating at 1,000mph yes we would all fly off, but it is not accelerating at all.

I know FEers love visible experiments. Try this one. Put water in a bucket, tie a string to that bucket and spin it around you at a CONSTANT rate. You'll notice two things. First, when you start spinning the bucket the water will slosh out of the side. This is due to the bucket accelerating from 0 to your constant speed and the water trying to stay still. Second when you reach a constant speed the water in the bucket will seem level with the bucket. That is because once the constant speed is reached there is no more sideways force applied to the water because there is no more acceleration. There is still force keeping the water in the bucket obviously.

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2017, 06:37:04 AM »

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Gotta find someway to lessen the impact the effects a platform moving at 1,000 MPH would cause on water, and biological life itself, why, because there are no effects on earth that mimic a platform in motion at 1,000 MPH. So, instead of saying, there is no physical evidence the ground is moving at 1,000 MPH, there is no physical evidence the atmosphere is moving at 1,000 MPH, you don't reject the idea, you invent more lame-brain excuses why the effects are non-existent.

A motionless plane earth does not depend on something that has no evidence it even exist, gravity. However, something that does not exist depends on magical explanations of things that also do not exist. Density and electromagnetism are much better, and can be proven to actually exist, as to why somethings float, and somethings sink on motionless plane earth.

I have found one thing true about most Professors, they very narrow and closed minded to different ideas. Especially ideas that buck mainstream materialistic science.

you still do not understand it.
you have to look the earth as a complete system that moves.
it spins at a complete system (with earthbody with atmosphere, water, humans, animals, trees ...) around its axis.
and also as complete system with the moon it circles around the sun.

because of that case the speed does not matter.
you are always only looking at a part in the whole system.

its like if you look at a car as a system: it does not matter on the inside at what constant speed you are driving for the stuff that going on inside the car.
if you stick your hand outside the car you are leaving the closed system of the car, only than you speed matters.

try to understand it that way, than you will realise that your claim with the speed of the earth does not matter.

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »

A motionless plane earth does not depend on something that has no evidence it even exist, gravity. However, something that does not exist depends on magical explanations of things that also do not exist.

Physical Observer. There is no ways that a person can be as dumb as your replies are. No ways at all.
You are a GROWN MAN yet you cannot wrap your head around basic reasoning.
You continuously repeat the same misunderstood quotes which have been CLEARLY EXPLAINED to you so many times by different users.
You refuse to acknowledge new knowledge.

People like you are the reason we think flat-eartheres are stupid.
People like you are the reason why we laugh at your faces when you mention "flat earth".
People like you is why this theory will never be taken seriously.

You are a shame to the flat-earth society and one to human instinct as well.
You claim to be a physical observer yet you rebuke so many physical aspects of the world just to suit your beliefs.

JackBlack

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »
Space is either a vacuum, or it is not. It cannot be both at the same time.
Like I said, it is a vaccum.
Who is trying to make it both?

There is no Magnus force in effect on plane earth for the water, or the atmosphere.
Correction: There is no detectable Magnus force.

As you would expect due to how small it should be.

See, you want to have it both ways again! In effect, but not detectable. Why can't you say, if it can't be detected, it doesn't exist?
Because I actually understand how science works, including errors and detection limits.
Just because you cannot detect something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

A simple example:
Shine a massively bright light in your face while there is a tiny, weak LED light much further back.

Can you detect that LED? No. It is below your detection limit. Does that mean it doesn't exist? No. It simply means it is below your detection limit.

In order to be able to say something doesn't exist you must be able to detect it if it does exist.
The expected Magnus force on Earth is well below the detection limit so you cannot say if it does or doesn't exist, as the error is simply too large.

All observations are consistent with it existing.

That is why I can't say it, because I am honest and there is no way for us to distinguish between it existing and it not-existing.

The same has applied to a multitude of other things before we were able to detect it.
For example, various forms of radiation where completely undetectable by humans. Did that mean they didn't exist? No. It meant we can't detect it.
But later we invented various tools or instruments which were able to detect it and thus we were able to confirm their existence.

Not detecting something doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist.

No. You have to find a way to make it appear so much more significant than it is, to pretend it should cause massive effects and clearly be noticeable.
The simple fact is that the acceleration at the equator is ~0.03 m/s^2. That is well below the limit of human detection.
Earth behaves exactly as a globe rotating at 15 degrees an hour should.

Like people have pointed out before, there is evidence that the atmosphere is rotating with Earth (and thus at some points moving at 1000 miles per hour in some reference frames), for example tropical storms and even high and low pressure systems.

So how about instead of repeatedly bringing up this 1000 miles per hour crap and saying there is no evidence, you admit there is evidence and that 15 degrees an hour shouldn't produce much at human scales.

Just like saying you can't detect it is not proof it doesn't exist, especially when you shouldn't be able to detect it.

A motionless plane earth does not depend on something that has no evidence it even exist, gravity.
Why say gravity after that?
Gravity has been shown to exist beyond any reasonable doubt.

FE has no explanation for what causes things to fall.

However, something that does not exist depends on magical explanations of things that also do not exist.
Like a flat Earth?

Density and electromagnetism are much better, and can be proven to actually exist, as to why somethings float, and somethings sink on motionless plane earth.
Except they don't explain it at all.
It is not an electromagnetic effect, electromagnetism, excluding electromagnetic levitation and the like, have nothing at all to do with why some things float and some things sink and why things fall and so on.

Density alone can't explain it either. That just means a given volume has a certain mass for a certain density. It doesn't explain why things fall at all.

Unlike those things, gravity does explain it.

But no where near as close minded as FEers.

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2017, 09:22:33 AM »
I was really looking forward to converting flat-earth believers...

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2017, 09:28:43 AM »
You can't!

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2017, 03:25:20 PM »
A 12 hour clock's hour hand has twice the rpm to the Earth as it completes 2 revolutions per day (am,pm). Riddle me this, if you lived on a massive analogue clock, with like a diameter of about 100m and you lived solely on the hour hand, would you be able to notice that the hand was turning? To be fair yes you would, because you would look up and go hang on I was over there an hour ago.

Supposed we take away the reference frame, now you are blindfolded on a chair on this clock, can you really tell that you are moving?
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”