The only picture you need to prove a round earth

• 33 Replies
The only picture you need to prove a round earth
« on: April 08, 2017, 12:56:20 PM »
This is a picture i took earlier today.  It shows the sun setting and shining on the bottom of the clouds.  There is no way that this could happen on a flat earth as the sun is always above the clouds. (I'm pretty sure every FE model is like this)

http://imgur.com/a/66NJO

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: The only picture you need to prove a round earth
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:41:13 PM »
This is a picture i took earlier today.  It shows the sun setting and shining on the bottom of the clouds.  There is no way that this could happen on a flat earth as the sun is always above the clouds. (I'm pretty sure every FE model is like this)

http://imgur.com/a/66NJO

Every modern FE model (Let's name them "neo-Flatist models") is like this.

But the Sumerian, Babylonian and ancient Greek and probably ancient Egypt "cosmologies"
had a flat but earth and sun, moon, "wandering" stars (planets) and "fixed" stars that rotated about their flat earth.

Their celestial bodies did indeed rise and set as we observe today, so it's no surprise that the the Babylonians were excellent astronomers.
We have the Babylonians to "blame" for 60 minutes in the hour, 60 minutes in a degree, 360 degrees in a circle and 360 days in the year (they were a bit out there).

This model was workable for them because they did not know of the wider world.
This is a reply I gave to an earlier post:
They must have been pretty dumb huh. Isn't the evidence that Earth is a sphere all over the place!?
No, not dumb. They saw only their local region and on a small scale the earth looks pretty flat.

But, trying to track down historical detail can be difficult.

The Sumerians seem to be the earliest people we have records from on this topic, and they are a bit sparse.

Ancient Man and His First Civilizations, Sumerian ReligionThe Underworld
. . . . . . . . . . .
Another tablet indicates that the sun, moon, and their respective gods, spent time in the underworld as well. The sun journeyed there after setting, and the moon rested there at the end of the month. Both Utu and Nanna '''decreed the fate' of the dead" while there. (Kramer 1963: p. 132) Dead heroes ate bread, drank, and quenched the dead's thirst with water. The gods of the nether world, the deceased, and his city, were prayed to for the benefit of the dead and his family.

From Ancient Man and His First Civilizations, Sumerian Religion.
It appears that they believed in a flat earth, but the sun did really rise (from their underworld) and set (back into their underworld).

Ancient Greek astronomy
Hesiod, who wrote in the early 7th century BC, adds the star Arcturus to this list in his poetic calendar Works and Days. Though neither Homer nor Hesiod set out to write a scientific work, they hint at a rudimentary cosmology of a flat earth surrounded by an "Ocean River." Some stars rise and set (disappear into the ocean, from the viewpoint of the Greeks); others are ever-visible. At certain times of the year, certain stars will rise or set at sunrise or sunset.

From Ancient Greek astronomy.

But such a model is not acceptable today, as we now know the extent of the world,
even though Rowbotham and many current Flat Earthers seem to show apalling ignorance of anything south of the equator.

::) Or even the equator!  ::) ::) Take a peek at " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">The Equator is IMPOSSIBLE on the Globe - Flat Earth, Bobbye Gallion Duh!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 01:47:40 PM »
How do we know that this photo isn't CG?

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 01:53:22 PM »
It very well may be computer graphics...but then it's not very hard to see this for yourself with your own eyes unless you live somewhere where it's never sunny.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »
Everything is CGI unless a flat earther posts it huh?

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 02:20:44 PM »
I'm just not ruling out the possibility. This site is embedded deeply with government shills that are trying to destroy all our commonplace ideology.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 02:53:36 PM »
I'm just not ruling out the possibility. This site is embedded deeply with government shills that are trying to destroy all our commonplace ideology.

Except that this is a phenomenon visible nearly every day somewhere on Earth. It's a simple, provable, observable phenomenon that no Flat Earth theory has a solution for. No amount of perspective jiggerypokery or manipulation of vanishing points will produce an effect like this if, as is stated in Flat Earth theory time and time again, the Sun is hovering over the Earth at a constant distance above the clouds.

The CGI defense precludes the use of any and all photographs from either side, and yet Flat Earth theorists continue to use photos and videos (some from agencies the Flat Earth Society continues to decry as liars) to support their baseless claims.

And as seen here, the Flat Earth theorists use CGI when it is convenient to them:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=70133.0
-> most relevant post: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=70133.msg1893605#msg1893605

It's not an argument, it's a deflection. Just like "Go look at the wiki" which, when challenged by inconsistencies in the information, is met with "well I don't believe the wiki's theories."

You can't have it both ways.
Only the ignorant choose to ignore opposing views.
Fight for your belief, don't run away.
It's the only way anyone can take you seriously.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 03:10:34 PM »

Yes, but "our commonplace ideology" just happens to be a rotating Globe earth orbiting the sun.

The earth has been considered a Globe for some 2,300 years, with the rotating and orbiting the sun part about 400 years ago.

Classical Greek astronomy
Even the heliocentric earth was suggested by Aristarchus of Samos in 270 BC! This is a copy his diagram:

10th century CE Greek copy of Aristarchus of Samos's calculations
of the relative sizes of the sun, moon and the earth.

Quote from: CSIRO, Classical Astronomy
Interestingly whilst most classical models were variations on geocentric models, one of the Pythagoreans, Aristarchus of Samos (c. 310 - 230 BC) proposed a model that placed the Sun at the centre, that is a heliocentric Universe. His model would be familiar to us today as a reasonable description of the solar system. All the planets, including the earth, revolved around a fixed Sun in circular orbits. The Earth rotated once a day on its axis and the Moon revolved about the Earth.

Figure 1.3, The heliocentric model of Aristarchus
Credit: R. Hollow, CSIRO

In Aristarchus' heliocentric model all the planets orbit the Sun along circular paths. The Moon orbits the Earth which in turn spins on its axis.
There are several reasons why Aristarchus' model did not gain wide acceptance and was in effect lost for 18 centuries until Copernicus redeveloped it. Firstly his original writings were lost in the destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria in AD 415. Secondly his concept of a moving Earth defies common sense. We do not feel the Earth spinning or moving through space. His idea contradicted the prevailing view of motion as espoused by Aristotle. The final key objection to his model was the failure of observers to detect any stellar parallax. Under Aristarchus' model, the closer stars should show a periodic shift in position to and fro against more distant stars over the course of a year as the Earth orbited the Sun. In fact this was not detected until 1838 following careful telescopic observations. Aristarchus had underestimated the distance of the earth from the Sun thus the size of possible parallax was overestimated.

From Classical Astronomy.

You might like to read a bit more on him here: Aristarchus of Samos.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
That stuff is all fake. If the world wasn't flat then this video wouldn't look faker than a 1996 movie with dated CG. Just look at how off the video from all of the ISS live streams at night look. The only realistic looking thing is the actual space station which has realistic lighting effects. Because in reality it is actually there, whereas the earth and the event the video is portraying look worse than the CG in the first MIB movie. Or the sharks from Deep Blue Sea
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:17:14 PM by Kuijiblob »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 03:38:54 PM »
That stuff is all fake. If the world wasn't flat then this video wouldn't look faker than a 1996 movie with dated CG. Just look at how off the video from all of the ISS live streams at night look.
The only realistic looking thing is the actual space station which has realistic lighting effects. Because in reality it is actually there, whereas the earth and the event the video is portraying look worse than the CG in the first MIB movie. Or the sharks from Deep Blue Sea

I think we need a bit more evidence than just you saying "That stuff is all fake."!

You claim that "Just look at how off the video from all of the ISS live streams at night look."

Please explain just what it should look like, giving detailed reasons and some drawings.

You saying "just look at how off" is meaningless words unless you tell us what it should look like.
It's no better that the classic flat-earth proof, "The earth looks flat, so it must be". 'Taint necessarily so.
So, out with your reasoned arguments, or admit that you know nothing about it.

But this thread is not on the ISS, it is "The only picture you need to prove a round earth", with a photograph of the sun shining up under the clouds!

So what about these?
While you are at it, please explain the upward slanting shadow from Mount Rainier at sunrise:
It's easy really, the sun is lower than Mt Ranier.
Or the sun rising under the clouds
I thought that your sun was at 5,000 km, not 5,000 metres!

And

Look . . . REAL UPWARD slanting shadows !!!

At least, I know that Mt Rainier is real. I've been (part way) up it.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »
That's just CGI trickery, nice try troll.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »
No but in all honesty rabinoz what the hell is the matter with you. Over 6000 posts just spent on trying to debunk what other people believe in? Are you one of those people that dress up as santa at christmas and pretend to be santa in front of the kids. Then you just rip off the beard and say it was you all along? Because your sick obsession with trying to debunk flat earth theory comes off as just that. How are you benefiting or enriching anyone else's life by bashing what they believe in. That's like me walking up to a member of an opposite religion and kicking them in the testicles while running away and screaming that my god is real and theirs is not. People are going to keep believing in whatever they believe in no matter what you say.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:16:33 PM by Kuijiblob »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 05:21:38 PM »
No but in all honesty rabinoz what the hell is the matter with you. Over 6000 posts just spent on trying to debunk what other people believe in?

What is the matter with you?

You claim that all evidence that conflicts with your precious "Flat Earth" is fake, fraud or part of "the conspiracy".

Not only that, but you claim that NASA and all other space agencies are frauds and liars.

And YOU ask "what the hell is the matter with" me!
If you have to claim that probably millions are in on this "great conspiracy", then mate, you've lost it.

But, in reality, I could not care less what you and the rest of the thoroughly indoctrinated sheep think,
I'm far more interested in the newcomers and "guests". Look at the number of "lookers on" right now 240 Guests, 15 Users,

So keep up all your illogical claims, I'm sure it will impress them! Me, I prefer evidence.

Quote from: Kuijiblob
Are you one of those people that dress up as santa at christmas and pretend to be santa in front of the kids. Then you just rip off the beard and say it was you all along? Because your sick obsession with trying to debunk flat earth theory comes off as just that. How are you benefiting or enriching anyone else's life by bashing what they believe in. That's like me walking up to a member of an opposite religion and kicking them in the testicles while running away and screaming that my god is real and theirs is not. People are going to keep believing in whatever they believe in no matter what you say.
I have no "sick obsession with trying to debunk flat earth theory".

I present what I believe and what I see around me. If you don't like it - tough cheese!

Though I would love some Flat Earthers to actually present a "flat earth theory" that did explain what I can see with my own eyes!
All you and so many others can do is to try to tear down the Globe, but have only an empty hypothesis to replace it.
That's your business, but I'll keep trying to convince others that a hypothesis that involves
  • finding excuses for numerous things that I see,
  • labelling numerous quite innocent and hardworking people as liars and frauds.
Got the message Mr SpongeBob Kuijiblob.

If you really have some real evidence why you claim all these photos are fake, say so!
Otherwise, your empty words are meaningless.

By the way, the following photos are enough proof for me that the earth is not flat!

and

Scarborough, Beacon on Horizon

Scarborough, Beacon from 3 m elevation
You might claim, so what!
That beacon is 2.6 km from the beach, yet in the left photo, taken from only about 50 cm above water level, it is right on the horizon.
The right-hand photo is taken from about 3 m above water level.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 06:16:18 PM »
No but in all honesty rabinoz what the hell is the matter with you. Over 6000 posts just spent on trying to debunk what other people believe in?

What is the matter with you?

You claim that all evidence that conflicts with your precious "Flat Earth" is fake, fraud or part of "the conspiracy".

Not only that, but you claim that NASA and all other space agencies are frauds and liars.

And YOU ask "what the hell is the matter with" me!
If you have to claim that probably millions are in on this "great conspiracy", then mate, you've lost it.

But, in reality, I could not care less what you and the rest of the thoroughly indoctrinated sheep think,
I'm far more interested in the newcomers and "guests". Look at the number of "lookers on" right now 240 Guests, 15 Users,

So keep up all your illogical claims, I'm sure it will impress them! Me, I prefer evidence.

Quote from: Kuijiblob
Are you one of those people that dress up as santa at christmas and pretend to be santa in front of the kids. Then you just rip off the beard and say it was you all along? Because your sick obsession with trying to debunk flat earth theory comes off as just that. How are you benefiting or enriching anyone else's life by bashing what they believe in. That's like me walking up to a member of an opposite religion and kicking them in the testicles while running away and screaming that my god is real and theirs is not. People are going to keep believing in whatever they believe in no matter what you say.
I have no "sick obsession with trying to debunk flat earth theory".

I present what I believe and what I see around me. If you don't like it - tough cheese!

Though I would love some Flat Earthers to actually present a "flat earth theory" that did explain what I can see with my own eyes!
All you and so many others can do is to try to tear down the Globe, but have only an empty hypothesis to replace it.
That's your business, but I'll keep trying to convince others that a hypothesis that involves
  • finding excuses for numerous things that I see,
  • labelling numerous quite innocent and hardworking people as liars and frauds.
Got the message Mr SpongeBob Kuijiblob.

If you really have some real evidence why you claim all these photos are fake, say so!
Otherwise, your empty words are meaningless.

By the way, the following photos are enough proof for me that the earth is not flat!

and

Scarborough, Beacon on Horizon

Scarborough, Beacon from 3 m elevation
You might claim, so what!
That beacon is 2.6 km from the beach, yet in the left photo, taken from only about 50 cm above water level, it is right on the horizon.
The right-hand photo is taken from about 3 m above water level.
Everything you post is just CG ? Try again.

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 07:13:30 PM »
But every pic or video posted by FErs isn't CGI right?
That's a pretty weak argument. You can do better than that!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 07:19:11 PM »
Is that photo at Scarborough Beach Rab?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »
Scarborough in Brisbane, not Perth

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 09:06:10 PM »
I was going to say it didn't look like scabs.

Should have googled it.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

JesusIsGod

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 09:36:34 PM »
Hey there! This is actually my first post here as I'm a new member. Previous (and constant) lies fed out by the media and false flag operations orchestrated in the past over the years are what opened me up to the fact that the the earth is flat, and I'd just like to ask a simple question based on something you mentioned. The term "Shill" is thrown around a lot, and I'd appreciate it if you or someone could give me a better understanding or explanation of how literal it is. I see people use it in a very joking matter, and also on a very serious matter such as how the population has been deceived over the years on a subject such as flat earth. So basically, what I'm asking is are these shills actually government employees paid to be shills? Or is that term used loosely and could be referring to close minded trolls, or people poking fun for example? Thanks!
1 Chronicles 16:30

Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Genesis 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 10:06:44 PM »
Is that photo at Scarborough Beach Rab?
Yes, here's a bit more detail from this post: Re: Circular Reasoning? « Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »

The latitude and longitude of the beacon were found from local navigational charts and this Google Earth view shows the location of that beacon as being 2.61 km from the beach (the camera has GPS to give its location).

With the Metabunk, Earth's Curve Horizon, Bulge, Drop, and Hidden Calculator we can check if the near water distance is reasonable.
Distance = 2.61 km, View Height = 0.54 meters, Radius = 6371 km
Horizon = 2.61 km, Bulge = 0.13 meters, Drop = 0.53 meters
Hidden = None, horizon is beyond the target distance
I should point out that I was crouching at the edge of the water (not wanting to get me or the camera wet) and did not measure the camera height, but 0.5 m or so seems right.

The nearest I can estimate is that the second photo was taken from about 3 m above water level (that's the extra elevation given on Google Earth).
For this height the "Metabunk, Earth's Curve Horizon, Bulge, Drop, and Hidden Calculator" gives the horizon distance 6.18 km.
Distance = 2.61 km, View Height = 3 meters, Radius = 6371 km.
Horizon = 6.18 km, Bulge = 0.13 meters
Drop = 0.53 meters, Hidden= None, horizon is beyond the target distance
There is no easy of estimating the horizon distance from the photograph, but it is certainly well past the beacon's known 2.61 km.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 10:54:53 PM »
Hey there! This is actually my first post here as I'm a new member. Previous (and constant) lies fed out by the media and false flag operations orchestrated in the past over the years are what opened me up to the fact that the the earth is flat, and I'd just like to ask a simple question based on something you mentioned. The term "Shill" is thrown around a lot, and I'd appreciate it if you or someone could give me a better understanding or explanation of how literal it is. I see people use it in a very joking matter, and also on a very serious matter such as how the population has been deceived over the years on a subject such as flat earth. So basically, what I'm asking is are these shills actually government employees paid to be shills? Or is that term used loosely and could be referring to close minded trolls, or people poking fun for example? Thanks!
Nobody gets paid, it's just people joking. For instance, I have been repeatedly accused of being paid to post here by the 15yo scientist with his CCL. Several months ago I stated I was paid by the IllumiNASA. Clearly not even a real organization. But when a certain knuckleheaded scientist goes sifting through your posts to try and drag dirt up on you, and that's all he can find, well, I guess he runs with it (he's obviously not too smart).
Who would pay someone to post here anyway?
Now. YouTube videos. Where you've more than likely received all of your FE misinformation. Do the creators of those videos get paid? That's something you might think on.
Welcome aboard my friend.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 11:27:23 PM »
No but in all honesty rabinoz what the hell is the matter with you. Over 6000 posts just spent on trying to debunk what other people believe in? Are you one of those people that dress up as santa at christmas and pretend to be santa in front of the kids. Then you just rip off the beard and say it was you all along? Because your sick obsession with trying to debunk flat earth theory comes off as just that. How are you benefiting or enriching anyone else's life by bashing what they believe in. That's like me walking up to a member of an opposite religion and kicking them in the testicles while running away and screaming that my god is real and theirs is not. People are going to keep believing in whatever they believe in no matter what you say.
Another brief comment on your little rant!

You are the one who dived into this thread and questioned the authenticity of the photos

When you make accusations like that you just have to put up with the consequences!

I agree with you on "People are going to keep believing in whatever they believe in no matter what you say"
unless they are not yet fully indoctrinated into the Flat Earth Dogma (because that's what it is) and see the fallacy in that "Dogma".
Part of that dogma seems to be that "any evidence that is contrary to Flat Earth theory is faked".
I'll quote you "chapter and verse" on that if you want.

JesusIsGod

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 05:56:42 AM »
Nobody gets paid, it's just people joking. For instance, I have been repeatedly accused of being paid to post here by the 15yo scientist with his CCL. Several months ago I stated I was paid by the IllumiNASA. Clearly not even a real organization. But when a certain knuckleheaded scientist goes sifting through your posts to try and drag dirt up on you, and that's all he can find, well, I guess he runs with it (he's obviously not too smart).
Now. YouTube videos. Where you've more than likely received all of your FE misinformation. Do the creators of those videos get paid? That's something you might think on.
Thank you! I appreciate it. Because I always thought to myself along the lines something like: "I don't think we have military, or for example, folks at NSA  or such with desk shops perhaps, who in desperate attempts insult or discredit those with differing ideas." Especially on something like YouTube comments and such. Again, thanks for the warm welcome!  :)
1 Chronicles 16:30

Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Genesis 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »
I was going to say it didn't look like scabs.

Should have googled it.

Neither is the real Scarborough:

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »
Scarborough isn't real

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »
Scarborough isn't real
I have been to both of these so I know that they are real.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire

Scarborough, Queensland
But I have seen no evidence that Kuijiblob isn't just a CGI blob that clutters up these pages with spam.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
Scarborough isn't real
Nah, the Queensland one is CGI.

So you've been the proper Scarborough then rab?  I'm originally from that neck of the woods, was there for a few days last summer - proper Old School resort.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2017, 02:48:04 PM »

What A joke!
Yet another evidence free statement

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
Scarborough isn't real
Nah, the Queensland one is CGI.

So you've been the proper Scarborough then rab?  I'm originally from that neck of the woods, was there for a few days last summer - proper Old School resort.
You mean this place?

Scarborough Castle
Not a bad heap of rocks!
A bit more of a castle than the "gentleman's residence" at Alnwick,
but hardly up to the "standard" of Conwy castle or Caernarfon castle needed to y Gymraeg under control!
We got around a bit!

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 05:15:04 PM »
Thank you! I appreciate it. Because I always thought to myself along the lines something like: "I don't think we have military, or for example, folks at NSA  or such with desk shops perhaps, who in desperate attempts insult or discredit those with differing ideas." Especially on something like YouTube comments and such. Again, thanks for the warm welcome!  :)
Welcome Jesus is god. Don't fooled and judge for yourself about the shills. The government does monitor the web and also seeks to sway opinions. There are people on here, that have been here for years down talking FE thoughts. When I get on a website that I don't agree with I move on. I don't stay there for years constantly bashing their views.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth