Help

• 51 Replies
Re: Help
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2017, 05:25:15 AM »
Alternatively to Jonny's idea, if you have loads of cash, watch the sun set on the ground in Dubai, then immediately catch the lift up to the top of the Burj Khalifa, here you can watch the sun set again something like 2 minute after it did on the ground.
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 09:22:33 AM »
Now then PO, care to address the actual issue raised and try and explain why ships (and other things) disappear over the horizon, from the bottom up?

The same refuted issues over and over again. You need new material. Or you suffer from a serious mental disconnect.
That's actually the question I needed help with. Do you have the answer?

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 05:33:25 PM »
Physical Observer refuses any explanation of how the sun could be low enough (really lower than the horizon) to be able to do this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/5ba92u/mt_hood_casting_a_shadow_on_the_clouds_this/

Look at the angle of the shadows pointing back to the Sun. Here is a similar view of another mountain:

https://www.google.com/amp/twistedsifter.com/2012/06/picture-of-the-day-mt-rainier-casting-a-shadow-on-clouds/amp/

If the Sun is 3,000 miles up and can only shine in a cone with a radius of about 6,000 miles (to only light half the Earth), then simple geometry says the sun is never below about 25°. If you have ever seen a sunrise or sunset, you know that this can't be true.

Physical Observer, how do you explain a mountain casting shadows on the clouds above? I don't think that toy boats are making those shadows.
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 05:52:20 PM »
Physical Observer refuses any explanation of how the sun could be low enough (really lower than the horizon) to be able to do this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/5ba92u/mt_hood_casting_a_shadow_on_the_clouds_this/

Look at the angle of the shadows pointing back to the Sun. Here is a similar view of another mountain:

https://www.google.com/amp/twistedsifter.com/2012/06/picture-of-the-day-mt-rainier-casting-a-shadow-on-clouds/amp/

If the Sun is 3,000 miles up and can only shine in a cone with a radius of about 6,000 miles (to only light half the Earth), then simple geometry says the sun is never below about 25°. If you have ever seen a sunrise or sunset, you know that this can't be true.

Physical Observer, how do you explain a mountain casting shadows on the clouds above? I don't think that toy boats are making those shadows.

And how the sun casts light on the top of tall mountains at sunset and not the bottom. If it is a cone of light coming down from above, this is not possible.
Only the ignorant choose to ignore opposing views.
Fight for your belief, don't run away.
It's the only way anyone can take you seriously.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »
Why do people think that a spinning ball should fling all the water outwards because some ignorant noob on YouTube spun a soaked sponge ball and it flicked water away.

Imagine that same ball with enough mass and density to have its own gravitational pull like the Earth.

Also do you notice when you swing a bucket of water over your head the water doesn't fall out (if you swing fast enough).

None of these arguments that flat earthers use seem to stack up and it's never like for like examples (a light weight sponge used to represent the earth!?!??)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
Now then PO, care to address the actual issue raised and try and explain why ships (and other things) disappear over the horizon, from the bottom up?

The same refuted issues over and over again. You need new material. Or you suffer from a serious mental disconnect.
That's actually the question I needed help with. Do you have the answer?

Its the exact same reason fat men can not see their #$%$, its over the curve of their beer bellies.

If your kind of podgy try this experiment, lay on back, look towards feet, if your #$%# is hidden behind fat belly this is kind of like how a horizon works.
Now imagine if your winkie could crawl up your belly and say hello  :o you would see winkie but if he decided to go back home he would walk over belly and slowly disapear over BELLY HORIZON.

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
But yeah, lets see some REs explain why the helmet swivels in this video

This isn't even a video trying to prove FE, just a video proving NASA lies all the time. In 1965 I don't even think the suits were updated to even allow the pilot to swivel his head INSIDE the helmet. Let alone the entire helmet itself because of the pressure-sealed ring.
Just love how all the RE paid shills tried to avoid my question that blew their minds and made them scramble to post as many times as they could all over the forum just so my post wasn't visible in new posts *claps* Also they could swivel their head inside the helmet but at the expense of comfort unlike today.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:01:35 AM by Kuijiblob »

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »

This isn't even a video trying to prove FE, just a video proving NASA lies all the time. In 1965 I don't even think the suits were updated to even allow the pilot to swivel his head INSIDE the helmet. Let alone the entire helmet itself because of the pressure-sealed ring.
Just love how all the RE paid shills tried to avoid my question that blew their minds and made them scramble to post as many times as they could all over the forum just so my post wasn't visible in new posts *claps* Also they could swivel their head inside the helmet but at the expense of comfort unlike today.

Oops! Facts beat FE speculation again:

https://hubpages.com/education/NASA-Project-Gemini-Space-Suit
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 10:33:28 AM »

You are clearly unintelligent since the very same locking ring is still used to this day. In the video you clearly see the HELMET itself swivel which would be impossible due to the locking ring.

You yourself have baseless facts and point to an article that mentions nothing about the fact that the helmets themselves were allowed to swivel. After pressurization it becomes even harder just to move in those suits. Go put on a pressurized suit and attempt the same head turn. I say this because you would break your neck trying to replicate the same instance shown in that video and the official video. Which would probably be for the better because we would have one less troll/government shill to deal with.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:38:25 AM by Kuijiblob »

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »

You are clearly unintelligent since the very same locking ring is still used to this day. In the video you clearly see the HELMET itself swivel which would be impossible due to the locking ring.

You yourself have baseless facts and point to an article that mentions nothing about the fact that the helmets themselves were allowed to swivel. After pressurization it becomes even harder just to move in those suits. Go put on a pressurized suit and attempt the same head turn. I say this because you would break your neck trying to replicate the same instance shown in that video and the official video. Which would probably be for the better because we would have one less troll/government shill to deal with.

please link your source of your information, i would like to check this out.

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 12:24:18 PM »
"The Clark suit was adapted to use the helmet designed by BF Goodrich, a removable fiberglass helmet which connected via a locking ring on the suit. The ring had rotating bearings, allowing the astronaut to turn his head from side to side."

From the article that you just said didn't say what it clearly says. "Shill" be readin'! (Hey! How do I sign up to get paid?)
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 02:00:45 PM »
Gemini astronaut swivels his head. Watch at about 3:00.

"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »

Just one problem you idiot. This is before pressurization of the suit...

JackBlack

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2017, 02:49:36 PM »
Kujiblob, how about you take that crap to your own thread rather than derail this one?

Remeber, this is about why objects disappear from the bottom up.

Do youhave a FE answer to that?

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 07:44:27 PM »

Just one problem you idiot. This is before pressurization of the suit...

Possibly, except we've seen two videos and an article where they CAN swivel, and one voiceover by an unknown YouTuber who CLAIMS that they can't. Seems like the evidence is leaning my way so far. And you are rude. Name calling/bullying proves nothing about science.
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »

Remember the "shitposting" you accused someone else of recently? Well, you are doing it here yourself. If no one wanted to answer your stupid thread, there was probably a reason for it. Not because it "got buried". A thread's quality speaks for itself. Also, it's rude to hijack another person's thread.
Maybe you should just stick with MySpace.

JackBlack

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2017, 02:08:37 AM »
Remember the "shitposting" you accused someone else of recently? Well, you are doing it here yourself. If no one wanted to answer your stupid thread, there was probably a reason for it. Not because it "got buried". A thread's quality speaks for itself. Also, it's rude to hijack another person's thread.
It wasn't her thread.
It was someone else's, about the horizon, which she decided to spam completely irrelevant crap in. Probably because she knew she couldn't address the problem.

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »

How else can I get my point across when everyone derails the first post I've made where I'm not joking. RE people derail posts ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Have another sip of your hypocrisy tea.

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »

How else can I get my point across when everyone derails the first post I've made where I'm not joking. RE people derail posts ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Have another sip of your hypocrisy tea.

You both asked and answered that question - we don't take you seriously because you don't post anything worth taking seriously.
Maybe stop acting like an idiot and we will stop treating you like one.
Only the ignorant choose to ignore opposing views.
Fight for your belief, don't run away.
It's the only way anyone can take you seriously.

JackBlack

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2017, 03:53:15 PM »
Yes, some do, but most don't.
Most actually address the issue raised than trying to derail threads.
I am yet to see you make decent posts which don't appear to be jokes or attempts at derailment.

Now then, how about you try and address the OP?

Mikey T.

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2017, 04:49:10 PM »
Helmet Tie-down Assembly

As with any inflatable object when it is pumped full of air, a space suit increases in size when it is pressurized. This can change the position of the helmet relative to the astronaut's head. The helmet tie down, a feature seen on many pressure suits, is an adjustable strap that enables the wearer to set the position of the helmet when the suit is pressurized.

From the article.  Just gonna leave this here for the one who doesn't have the ability to read anything from an article that does not support their chosen stupidity.

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »

How is anyone gonna know you're joking or not? In case you were not aware, it's common courtesy to not hijack another thread with YOUR question. There's a reason why you start your own thread. No one is obligated to answer your question irrelevant to the OP. You'll have more success starting your own topic. Call everything fake and CGI and you'll never be taken seriously. Take for instance Arealhumanbeing or Antirockballtheorist. Are you just imitating them?