The Same Number of People have Visited Antarctica as have Visited Outer Space...

• 130 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Is Antarctica the southern pole containing area at the base of a spinning rock ball?
Umm... You may want to rephrase that so that it makes sense.

You may also want to study FET a little more as well.  The general consensus among FE'ers is that Antarctica does exist, generally as a rim continent that serves as a great ice wall. 

It's Australia that doesn't exist.  Many Australians will confirm this fact.

A new unit of measurement would need to be created, of a new smaller increment, in order for me to express how little I care about the general consensus.
Or fet.
I suppose we could propose a Planck limit of "care about the general consensus".

And a similar for measuring how little the Antirockballtheorist cares about the factualness of his posts.

As I  posted earlier, "If you have nothing to back you original completely false claim, just be honest and say so."

PS "Factualness" really is a word, "factualness. noun. The quality of being actual or factual: actuality, fact, factuality, reality, truth".

This place seems be losing its colour lately

Is Antarctica the southern pole containing area at the base of a spinning rock ball?
Umm... You may want to rephrase that so that it makes sense.

You may also want to study FET a little more as well.  The general consensus among FE'ers is that Antarctica does exist, generally as a rim continent that serves as a great ice wall. 

It's Australia that doesn't exist.  Many Australians will confirm this fact.

A new unit of measurement would need to be created, of a new smaller increment, in order for me to express how little I care about the general consensus.
Or fet.

As an Australian I can confirm that  Antirockballfruitcake doesn't have a single functioning braincell.   He's as loopy as they come.

As to whether Australia exists or not,  I require funding to mount an expedition.   Should I start a kickstarter,  or just ask  Hannibaal  to forward me the funds.   For a small additional fee I'll dig up a small amount and  post it to the address of your choice. 

Antarctica is more intriguing to explore, and worth funding!
Hey... maybe we find Intikam's lost treasure during the expedition!
Then, if we go around it, we prove to the world Earth is a globe and we get richer!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

Precisely equal numbers of people have visited both environments, and for the same, very good, reason.

Can you guess? (It's not the cold!)

Please show the "precisely equal numbers" that you claim to know so much about.

I have shown you the figures for the number of people visiting Antarctica in one year in this post that impressed you so much:

Precisely equal numbers of people have visited both environments, and for the same, very good, reason.

You could have checked on it yourself at:
and found
for 2015-2016 year alone.

And you still cannot justify the absolute crap that you write. SITUATION NORMAL!

There maybe you can read that!

I have shown you the figures for the number of people visiting Antarctica in one year in this post that impressed you so much:

and found

And you still cannot justify the absolute crap that you write. SITUATION NORMAL!

I believe his answer was zero meaning both places are fiction. It was a thread meant to troll from the beginning, nothing more.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

and found

I believe his answer was zero meaning both places are fiction. It was a thread meant to troll from the beginning, nothing more.
I realise that, but I want to see Antirockball_Ignoramus actually say that Antarctica does not exist!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
I realise that, but I want to see Antirockball_Ignoramus actually say that Antarctica does not exist!

I want him to fund an expedition to prove Australia Exists.   He wimped out.

Personally  I think it's a bargain,  for just $100 you get conclusive proof that Australia exists.   Where else would you get such a great deal?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

I want him to fund an expedition to prove Australia Exists.   He wimped out.

Personally  I think it's a bargain,  for just $100 you get conclusive proof that Australia exists.   Where else would you get such a great deal?
I would want to be paid for proof that Australia exists.  I can provide personal testimony (probably not worth a brass Razoo around here) or
near originall photos, only viewed by little old lady on her way to church (and myself). These would have EXIF GPS data intact.

Any offers?

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
I'll offer one brass Wazoo.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam

The saying is "up the wazoo"   which I'll leave you to research,  but the current exchange rate converting "brass razoos"  to wazoos is not very favourable.   

I'll take "plugged nickels" or New Zealand "flat rocks"  as an alternative.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
only if it's "THE ORIGINAL ONE AND ONLY"
BRASS
RAZOO

A similar model as can be seen in use for the management of the 'Antarctica tourism industry' will likely be implemented for future 'outer space tourism'.
Aspirationally expensive, barely promoted or marketed, regularly referenced as proof of existence for the destination itself.

Long, boring, uncomfortable journey in an austere vessel resulting in being shown something that vaguely fits the preconceived description of the claimed destination.
No real way of verifying where you are, but why would willing customers doubt the veracity of their bragging rights providing expedition?

There is no outer space. There is no Antarctica. What lays beyond the limits of human exploration is unknown.
It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
A similar model as can be seen in use for the management of the 'Antarctica tourism industry' will likely be implemented for future 'outer space tourism'.
Aspirationally expensive, barely promoted or marketed, regularly referenced as proof of existence for the destination itself.

Long, boring, uncomfortable journey in an austere vessel resulting in being shown something that vaguely fits the preconceived description of the claimed destination.
No real way of verifying where you are, but why would willing customers doubt the veracity of their bragging rights providing expedition?

There is no outer space. There is no Antarctica. What lays beyond the limits of human exploration is unknown.

How many places on earth does the South Celestial Pole appear directly overhead?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

No way of verifying where you are! Don't pretend such ignorance.
There is GPS, though no doubt you don't believe that works either.
But how of earth do you think sailors and even pilots navigated before GPS? They used Celestial Navigation.
Amundsen and Scott both used sun sights (though I suppose that you don't believe that the sun exists either) to verify that there were at the South Pole really does exist whatever you in your ignorance claim.

So these Antarctic visitors, if they are DeniersOfFacts like you, could easily take their own sextants and check their location independently.

Quote from: Antirockballtheorist
Really? "There is no Antarctica" what earth do you live on? Apparently not the  ;D flat earth  ;D !
Quote from: The Flat Earth FAQ
What does the map of the Earth look like then?
As evidenced by the logo of the United Nations the Earth is a round disk of indefinite dimensions. The geographic North Pole is located in the center of the disk, and the Antarctic lies around the outer edges.
And certainly not on the Globe.

In fact there are a number of quite prominent Flat Earthers who are convinced of the reality of the South Pole itself that the claim a different "Continental Layout", such as:

So maybe you should not be quite so adamant in your claim that "There is no Antarctica",
unless, of course, you have some real evidence, other than your own meaningless words.

Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra .

White noise bois.

How did/do sailors do what they did, how many balls does my auntie need to be my uncle.

Sailors sail the seas, imaginary oceans need no navigating.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra .
White noise bois.
How did/do sailors do what they did, how many balls does my auntie need to be my uncle.
Sailors sail the seas, imaginary oceans need no navigating.
You don't need to go to such lengths to prove how ignorant you are of both the 3rd rock from the sun and the flat rock.

We saw that ignorance from you first post when it was obvious that you believed in neither space nor Antarctica.

The usual eye repellant rainbow fish vomit from rabies, but yes, it's zero people that have visited each. As neither one exists.

I always wonder about people like you. Nobody has been to outer space or the Antarctic, right? How do you know that other countries exist?

When I proposed an expedition to Antarctica, I didn't mean to land on ice, take some pictures with the penguins and camp overnight!
I am willing to pay half the cost to rent a ship (let's say a deep-sea fishing one) with captain and crew, to take us around Antarctica - starting at a certain point, go around and back to the same.

If they say it can be done and with no restrictions - if they did it, why can't we?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:04:42 AM by Hannibaal »
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
No real way of verifying where you are...
So your saying that celestial navigation doesn't work and you can't determine your latitude by observing the elevation of the sun? ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Has anyone here actually been to the Antarctic? Maybe we need to crowdfund an expedition to the ice walls to prove that there's an end to the earth. Instead of people relying on youtube videos from the ISS. I volunteer to be the first to go! Who's with me? Rabinoz I'm sure will volunteer

Actually 100% serious here people. We set up multiple IRL live streams on twitch with cameras/gopros, only stop on the route to refuel/maintenance, and purchase needed equipment in Cuba for cheap. Then we cruise down the coast while avoiding bad weather and storms. As to protect our 1-2 aircraft on the cargo ship. Then we make a final stop in Argentina for last minute refueling/maintenance while ensuring systems and satellite signal on the ship for connection to the net. Then we begin the last stretch to the Antarctic while broadcasting live on both Twitch and private live streams. We'll even have a nonstop digital and analogue recording from the main bridge.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:31:18 AM by Kuijiblob »

When I proposed an expedition to Antarctica, I didn't mean to land on ice, take some pictures with the penguins and camp overnight!
I am willing to pay half the cost to rent a ship (let's say a deep-sea fishing one) with captain and crew, to take us around Antarctica - starting at a certain point, go around and back to the same.

If they say it can be done and with no restrictions - if they did it, why can't we?

I'm sure you could do this, but it's not going to be cheap. Also it would be a shame to sail all the way around and not stop to greet the penguins at some point.

Have you tried to estimate the cost at all? How much are fully crewed ships to rent?

My plan includes post war helicopters from Cuba which I think is a little more than "just snapping a couple photos". Cuba will also be where we purchase armaments in case of retaliation from NASA or any of the agencies that anyone claims is against the FES, which I highly doubt would ever happen. The reason my photo starts around Newfoundland is because that would be by estimate the cheapest place in Canada to procure a small or large cargo vessel due to the regions ample fishing industry taking a massive hit. Could also procure a trading license at the Canadian shipping agency to cut down on fuel costs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_of_the_Atlantic_northwest_cod_fishery
It wouldn't cost much to rent a vessel, but buying one in case of damage would be the better option.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-24
Working Mi-24 1970 models shouldn't run up costs by too much in Cuba since that would be the cheapest place to purchase military aircraft on route that I could think of. They would be well maintained and they have only been sitting since 2011 when Castro stepped down, most would be cheap to buy on back channels due to there being no need for them anymore.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:18:41 AM by Kuijiblob »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
My plan includes post war helicopters from Cuba which I think is a little more than "just snapping a couple photos". Cuba will also be where we purchase armaments in case of retaliation from NASA or any of the agencies that anyone claims is against the FES, which I highly doubt would ever happen. The reason my photo starts around Newfoundland is because that would be by estimate the cheapest place in Canada to procure a small or large cargo vessel due to the regions ample fishing industry taking a massive hit. Could also procure a trading license at the Canadian shipping agency to cut down on fuel costs.
It wouldn't cost much to rent a vessel, but buying one in case of damage would be the better option.
Working Mi-24 1970 models shouldn't run up costs by too much in Cuba since that would be the cheapest place to purchase military aircraft on route that I could think of. They would be well maintained and they have only been sitting since 2011 when Castro stepped down, most would be cheap to buy on back channels due to there being no need for them anymore.
It might be a lot less expensive to simply fly to the South Pole!

Don't forget to take a sextant or theodolite, a very accurate timepiece and your trusty ADMIRALTY Nautical Almanac
so that you can prove that you were really taken to the Geographic South Pole at 90°S 0°E!

The "Adventure Tour" might cost about $USD 45,000. A lot of money, but a lot less than your suggestion.

But, of course, no Flat Earther would believe you when you got back.  ;D They are like that you know!  ;D
The Wiki states:
Quote from: the Wiki
Place of the Conspiracy in FET
P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET
C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence

P4) If there is large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it
P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)
C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.
And once you return your "evidence" and photos are "personally unverifiable evidence" by others,
so must be "unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence"!

Real nice folk, these Flat Earthers, aren't they?

disputeone

• Or should I?

Hello anon.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Has anyone here actually been to the Antarctic?
Yes, many thousands of people have visited Antarctica and
"1491 people have wintered over at the South Pole between 1957 and 2016".
That 1491 is just those that have wintered over at the South Pole.

Winterover Statistics

1491 people have wintered over at the South Pole between 1957 and 2016. Since some of these folks wintered more than once, there actually have been a total of 1828 winterover positions. And if you haven't found the winterover lists yet, they are included, along with photos and other information as available, in the timeline entries for each year through 2015 at this point. Actually I should also say that there is a complete database spreadsheet, with winterover numbers, updated through 2016 on this web site, slightly hidden to protect the list of names from spammers. Access is available to Polies upon request. Although it is obvious that I've made errors and omissions in the details (as some of the 2016 winterovers just pointed out...I think I've corrected everything they mentioned) I'm pretty confident that the basic list of folks is complete and accurate, if only because it has been more than nine years since someone wrote me claiming I'd left someone out :)

South Pole Station, Winterover Statistics
The rest of the site is worth looking at too: Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Welcome to Pole.

Quote from: Kuijiblob
Maybe we need to crowdfund an expedition to the ice walls to prove that there's an end to the earth. Instead of people relying on youtube videos from the ISS. I volunteer to be the first to go! Who's with me? Rabinoz I'm sure will volunteer

Not much use my going! Look at what ;D Arealhumanbeing  ;D says about me!
You shills make me laugh.
Fxxx you, Rab. I DONT apologize.
Youre a lying liar, and youll lie about that all day long! I could show you proof after proof that you lie, and youde shrug them off, bury it in a mountain of shitposts from your shill army and say truth is relevant or some other mind warping lie.
and
Go fxxx yourself Rabinoz.
Does that suit your needs for an apology?
Rabinoz is a lying shill.

Real nice types this "Flat Earth" idea breeds,
especially when Arealhumanbeing claims to be "God-fearing" and claims "Jewish people SHOULD . . .  believe in God".
Luckily there's only one Arealhumanbeing, and almost all others are quite different and much more pleasant.
Mind you , what a name for someone without a shred of humanity!

Besides I'm a bit old for traipsing around the ice and snow - did enough of that 46 years ago - and I wasn't that young then!

Actually, such a journey is quite useless as no committed Flat Earther would believe when you got back.

Read the "conspiracy" bit in Flat Earth General / Re: The Same Number of People have Visited Antarctica as have Visited Outer Space... « on: Today at 09:55:39 AM ».
By definition "The (personally) unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence".
Flat Earth Theory cannot be proven wrong in the minds of committed Flat Earthers.

As well to plan a trip to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

?

frenat

As well to plan a trip to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.
Wonka is a real division of Nestle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Willy_Wonka_Candy_Company

In the United States, the Willy Wonka Candy Factory is located today at 1445 West Norwood Avenue in Itasca, Illinois.

http://brandchannel.com/2011/05/16/at-40-wonka-candy-is-greatest-reverse-product-placement-ever/

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer

The saying is "up the wazoo"   which I'll leave you to research,  but the current exchange rate converting "brass razoos"  to wazoos is not very favourable.   

I'll take "plugged nickels" or New Zealand "flat rocks"  as an alternative.

My keyboard must be messed up! I could swear I hit an R and not a W. I usually read proofread my posts but I was in a hurry.  :-[ :-[ :-[
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Has anyone here actually been to the Antarctic?

Me!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan