[Ask Me Anything] Will explain every observation using round earth model

• 92 Replies
That's funny curvature shouldn't be measurable left to right at sea level.

I've seen people measure a horizon drop with a theodolite but I think you don't know what you are talking about.

Whats next? Toilets flushing in different directions? Travelling west in a plane is faster than travelling east?

Edit, in hindsight it looks like the picture is on the piss, check your line again.

Travelling west in a plane is faster than travelling east because the earth is rotating. Go find out why rockets are launched from west to east. *high school physics*

Lmao.

Dude weak.

Inertial FoR, high school physics.

Can you elaborate on your claim of magic planes?

(What is it with people and magic planes?)

The direction of jetstreams are decided by the rotation of the earth. I am sorry for not being clear. If there was no jetstream, travelling either side in a plane wouldn't make a difference.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Another mountain where sun casts shadow upward. This makes FE model impossible. How can he sun be lower than the mountain?

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/5ba92u/mt_hood_casting_a_shadow_on_the_clouds_this/

Go back and look at my rebuttal to the previous mountain shadow claim. It proves a motionless platform for the mountain, not one moving at 1,600 feet per second. The mountain would not be in the same position long enough to cast any shadow of any recordable duration on a spinning ball.

Mountain shadows proving rotating earth, debunked, again! You'll need a new shtick!
You did not debunk anything! You simply ignore any and all answers showing that your claims are bunkum.

That's funny curvature shouldn't be measurable left to right at sea level.

I've seen people measure a horizon drop with a theodolite but I think you don't know what you are talking about.

Whats next? Toilets flushing in different directions? Travelling west in a plane is faster than travelling east?

Edit, in hindsight it looks like the picture is on the piss, check your line again.

Travelling west in a plane is faster than travelling east because the earth is rotating. Go find out why rockets are launched from west to east. *high school physics*

Lmao.

Dude weak.

Inertial FoR, high school physics.

Can you elaborate on your claim of magic planes?

(What is it with people and magic planes?)

The direction of jetstreams are decided by the rotation of the earth. I am sorry for not being clear. If there was no jetstream, travelling either side in a plane wouldn't make a difference.

Indeed, and jet streams go from west to east. So travelling west in a plane is very often slower than travelling east (as I mentioned in the other thread).