The ebb and flow is the result of the rotation of the Earth and the gyres

• 33 Replies
Re: The ebb and flow is the result of the rotation of the Earth and the gyres
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 05:42:43 AM »
Table of tidal amplitude versus current velocity, on all coasts.
1 km / h - 1 meter.
5 km / h - 5 meter.
10 km / h - 10 meter.
15 km / h - 15 meter.
The amplitude of the tides also depends on the size of the cycle, the amount of water under the cycle, the distance from the coast to the cycle and on the direction of the current (north, south, west, east).

So, are you saying that this allows you to calculate the tide times and heights anywhere in the world at any time in the future? 

Mike
Not only me, but also you can.
How do I determine the current velocity at a given location?

For a given location and date, how does this table tell me what the what time of day the first high tide occurs?

Mike
Since it costs 1.82 to produce a penny, putting in your 2 if really worth 3.64.

Fermer05

• Если лошадь сдохла, слезь.
According to the Lunar tide theory, the maximum tides are formed in the phase of the new moon and full moon, and the minimum - in the first and fourth quarter.
But in reality, the maximum tides are formed in the new moon, the minimum - in the full moon.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:26:58 AM by Fermer05 »

I'm not quite sure how to say this:
 but with the earth moon orbiting each other having a Barycentre, which lies about 4,600 km (2,900 mi) from Earth's center (about 72% of its radius) -   moves along the surface of earth and the water of the oceans tend to follow this point but the continents get in the way then you have a backwash occurring every 24 hours, then there is currents made by the centrifugal force, created by the rotation of the earth. Then you add the gravitational force of the sun to complex things.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Fermer05

• Если лошадь сдохла, слезь.
It is believed that the abnormally high "tides of the century" 15 meters high in the Gulf of Saint-Malo, France, are formed during the parade of the planets. Then why in other bays of France and the northern hemisphere, during the parade of the planets, abnormally high "tides of the century" are not formed.
Moreover, in some bays of the Northern Hemisphere during the parade of planets, abnormally low "tides of the century" are formed. (Bay of Fundy, Ungava, Mezen, Penzhinskaya Bay, etc.).