Why do so many people confess to being paid to post here!?

• 153 Replies

Re: Why do so many people confess to being paid to post here!?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »
Are you paid to post the garbage you do? It's the only rational explanation I can think of to explain the constant barrage of deluded bullshit.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:28:06 PM »
Garbage? Please share how what I post is garbage. Just because I am mean and raunchy doesnt make what I am saying any less true.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 07:02:19 PM »
Garbage? Please share how what I post is garbage. Just because I am mean and raunchy doesnt make what I am saying any less true.
And it doesn't make it any less garbage from a warped mind either!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 07:07:10 PM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »
Are they joking or is it the truth?
If you really need to ask that question you are far more irrational than I thought possible!

But then
Quote from: Shakespeare
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

So maybe "you are far more irrational than I thought possible!"

?

Arealhumanbeing

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
I dont get it.
Yes, that's painfully obvious.

If you dont want me to believe something, dont say it.
You're silly.  If you don't believe any of the stuff that we tell you about the earth being round and space flight being real, then why would you believe it when someone says that they're being paid to post here?

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 09:20:40 PM »
You're silly.  If you don't believe any of the stuff that we tell you about the earth being round and space flight being real, then why would you believe it when someone says that they're being paid to post here?
Zing!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »
I get paid. Not much but it pays the heating bill.
They tried bots but got spotted.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 01:15:51 PM »
Well you have to be more specific. Do you mean the nasa shills or the cia shills?

I'm paid to post here by Carl's Jr.

Don't forget to try the delicious western bacon cheeseburger! Only at Carl's Jr!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 01:27:13 PM »

Ok, but dont you WANT me to believe in space travel and the like? Thats why youre here right? Youre on some kind of righteous crusade to stamp out ignorance? But then you just decide to fuck around with people and tell them youre paid to be here? Do you WANT them to believe that too? Doesnt make sense...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »

I'm paid to post here by Carl's Jr.

Don't forget to try the delicious western bacon cheeseburger! Only at Carl's Jr!

Can you hook me up with one of those talented spokes-models?

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »

Ok, but dont you WANT me to believe in space travel and the like? Thats why youre here right? Youre on some kind of righteous crusade to stamp out ignorance? But then you just decide to fuck around with people and tell them youre paid to be here? Do you WANT them to believe that too? Doesnt make sense...

The bit you need to get your head around is that being paid to post doesn't make what gets posted wrong.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »
Using your reasoning, one might assume YOU are paid to be here, by the Nazis and the freemasons since you're always bringing them up.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »

Most people would say that arguing that the earth is flat and that space travel is all faked doesn't make sense either.   

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »

The bit you need to get your head around is that being paid to post doesn't make what gets posted wrong.
This is exactly what a shill would say.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 04:36:54 PM »

Hmm..  It seems that it takes a shill to know a shill.

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 04:50:31 PM »
Can you get paid for banging on about perspective, 1000mph earth, no gravity, and associated claptrap? I could knock up some stupid memes to lure in the anti-authority "free thinkers". How do you sign up?

onebigmonkey

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 11:22:05 PM »

And how come you know so much about what a shill would say - are you one of those people they hire to make flat earthers look retarded? It's working, btw.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 05:28:04 PM »
And how come you know so much about what a shill would say - are you one of those people they hire to make flat earthers look retarded? It's working, btw.

First off let me bat away the first accusation that I'm sure will come my way: I am not a 'shill'. Shill is an easy cop-out for people having trouble dealing with logical argument and discussion. It addresses the person, not the argument. It wouldn't matter if NASA were paying me a fortune to post this (I wish), what matters is whether the information is factually correct or not.

I rest my case.

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 05:30:12 PM »
You have no case.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:24 PM »

First off let me bat away the first accusation that I'm sure will come my way: I am not a 'shill'. Shill is an easy cop-out for people having trouble dealing with logical argument and discussion. It addresses the person, not the argument. It wouldn't matter if NASA were paying me a fortune to post this (I wish), what matters is whether the information is factually correct or not.

I rest my case.

And where does it say there that I am being paid to post? I would also rest my case if it was that piss poor.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 09:44:34 PM »
Here, let me help you with a quote from my popular website in the discussion part of my analysis of Apollo images of Earth and satellite meteorology:

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/CATM/ch5/discusq1.html

Listen very carefully, I will say this only once: I have no affiliation with NASA, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. I have never had any affiliation with NASA or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. I am not even American. I have never been approached by anyone, ever, to post or write on their behalf. I have not been paid, ever, by anyone to post or write on their behalf. I have never been supplied with information to post by a third party unless I have asked for it as part of this research. I have not been paid, ever, to post on the internet, unless you count the time I updated Facebook at work when I should have been doing something else.

I have contacted various branches of NASA during this research, some of which has been useful, but for the most part they have either ignored my requests for information or were unable to help.

Occasionally information has been supplied and I have used it, but I have never taken instruction on how to use it. Any accusation that I am simply a mouthpiece for NASA is a lie, and besides that, anyone who dismisses cast iron evidence purely on the basis that it is from NASA is an idiot. The research either works or it doesn't. The source of the information is irrelevant.

As true today as it's always been. If you think the above is a lie, you're wrong. If you don't believe that, go ahead and prove it. You can have the keys to my house and all £12.53 of my life savings if you can demonstrate that I'm lying.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »
I rest my case.

Smartest thing I've seen you post. I would too if I was in your position.

Cheers mate!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
But ARHB acts like a grumpy old man of about 65, yet claims he is only 15 and he's such and obnoxious so-and-so.

But, I have changed my mind. You don't even have the maturity of some of my grandsons around aged around 15.
You lack the maturity to even investigate what you don't understand. What is your real age? Under or over 10?

Look at this fool!

He doesnt know whether hes coming or going!

Am I 10 or 100!? He says I act like both!

All that matters is that he defaces my name.

All that he cares about is persuading people to ignore anyone who voices their opinion about the truth of flat Earth.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 01:11:26 PM »
Maybe he thinks that you have a 10 year old brain and a 100 year old attitude.

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
But ARHB acts like a grumpy old man of about 65, yet claims he is only 15 and he's such and obnoxious so-and-so.

But, I have changed my mind. You don't even have the maturity of some of my grandsons around aged around 15.
You lack the maturity to even investigate what you don't understand. What is your real age? Under or over 10?

Look at this fool!

All that he cares about is persuading people to ignore anyone who voices their opinion about the truth of flat Earth.
And you don't do the same? Ha!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 04:30:58 AM »

Look at this fool!

I said, "a grumpy old man of about 65, yet claims he is only 15".
Then I said "You don't even have the maturity of some of my grandsons around aged around 15." Any objections?

But there is a big difference between us.

I present evidence for what I believe, while you just claim "the truth of flat Earth" or "THE EARTH is FLAT" without any evidence.
I dont have any evidence of the Earth being flat? No?

Go launch a weather balloon up to 40,000 ft and tell me what you record.
You won't prove anything from 40,000 ft unless you have reasonably accurate instruments to measure depression angles.