I Know The Earth Is Flat AMA

• 86 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: I Know The Earth Is Flat AMA
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2017, 02:24:43 AM »
What's more fun, staring at the sun, or riling up the globularists?

12 hours of daylight.
24 hours of riling up the globularists.

Simple math says one is twice as much fun.

Also it doesn't damage your eyes!
However, it does damage your brain cells.

I've caught Dorado on a bare hook.

Callzter

• Amateur Astronomer, Round Earth Defense Force
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 02:44:50 AM »
I have never seen the curvature.

Nope.

However, I do know many people who have on airplanes. One woman who's seen it that I've met saw it in 2000 on a flight to Italy. Before 9/11, you were allowed to go into the cockpit and see how everything worked... and sometimes you were able to see the curvature of the earth.

She told me that when she went into the cockpit, they were flying into the daylight zone so it was like a sunrise as they flew over. She said that when she went into the cockpit, the sunrise shined a line across the horizon so the curvature was very noticeable. Mind you she said it was INCREDIBLY slight, but noticeable.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:46:23 AM by Callzter »
The quickest way I could kill myself is by climbing up to the top of your ego and then jumping down to your fucking I.Q.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2017, 02:52:51 AM »

Nope.

However, I do know many people who have on airplanes. One woman who's seen it that I've met saw it in 2000 on a flight to Italy. Before 9/11, you were allowed to go into the cockpit and see how everything worked... and sometimes you were able to see the curvature of the earth.

She told me that when she went into the cockpit, they were flying into the daylight zone so it was like a sunrise as they flew over. She said that when she went into the cockpit, the sunrise shined a line across the horizon so the curvature was very noticeable. Mind you she said it was INCREDIBLY slight, but noticeable.

So, the curvature is only visible through the FRONT window?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 03:05:24 AM »

Nope.

It certainly helps.
(1) The windows are flat, so let's chance of distortion.
(2) The field of view is much wider.
Wolfue6020 flies A380s so has a pretty good idea of what you see from 45,000 ft.

Show me the Curvature... Here it is, Wolfie6020

disputeone

• Or should I?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 06:02:09 AM »

Nope.

It certainly helps.
(1) The windows are flat, so let's chance of distortion.
(2) The field of view is much wider.
Wolfue6020 flies A380s so has a pretty good idea of what you see from 45,000 ft.

Show me the Curvature... Here it is, Wolfie6020
How can you tell the windows are flat in this video?  How can you tell this video hasn't been edited to make it look curved?  How can you tell as you are not there in the cockpit with the guy taking this video? Also it doesn't take much to look at the bottom of the video and see that the glass is in fact curved and not flat.  It also looks like the clouds are just curving down on the left and not the right. So maybe those clouds are just lower than on the right.  Curved clouds does not mean round earth.  It's a bit strange that the guy videoing didn't bother to turn the camera around a bit to show us more...he kept it on one spot. I'm a RE-tard but not that RE-tarded.  Critical thinking my boy.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:14:20 AM by Evilwave Heddy »

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »

Nope.

Correct, the front window is curved much more than the side windows.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 10:53:15 AM »

Nope.

The field of view might well be enough at 35,000 ft.  It's certainly not through the crappy little portal windows passengers get.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2017, 11:30:21 AM »
The windshield on my car is curved. Nothing I see out of it appears curved. But of course airplane windows being curved make the horizon curved. But only the horizon and nothing else.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »
Why VHF radio signals, 144 MHz for instance, are not able to cross the Atlantic but HF, lets say 14 MHz, do it during daytime and even during the night?
This happens because the earth surface is not flat but I would like to hear an alternative reason.

Thanks in advance.

Hills.

Hills in the middle of the Atlantic? LOL!

And those hills only block VHF but are permeable to HF?
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »
Ive never seen the curve of Earth from an airplane.

Ill wait for you tirade of picture posting and insults now.

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 12:07:48 PM »
Oh so have i alpha2omega...

On an old 3rd grade VHS tape.

I "saw" the curve good.

Cool!

You didn't answer my question, though.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:56 PM »
I need to know what AMA stands for.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2017, 01:40:20 PM »

I'm just wondering how else I can show you than in a photo or video.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »
Either "Ask Me Anything" or "Against Medical Advice" - take your pick.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2017, 01:54:46 PM »
The windshield on my car is curved. Nothing I see out of it appears curved. But of course airplane windows being curved make the horizon curved. But only the horizon and nothing else.
I agree, but flat earthers have some "original" ideas about optics.

While this does not constitute as proof of anything, it does, at the least, show that atmoplanic lensing is optically not impossible.
The atmoplane could not have a curve to it?
Of course, jroa's artificial intelligence goes further and claims that planar layers can magnify.
Then in the Wiki
Quote from: the Wiki
Magnification of the Sun at Sunset
Q. If the sun is disappearing to perspective, shouldn't it get smaller as it recedes?
A. The sun remains the same size as it recedes into the distance due to a known magnification effect caused by the intense rays of light passing through the strata of the atmosphere.

There's plenty more.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2017, 01:59:05 PM »

Pay for me to go on a flight that shows the curve of earth? Wouldnt that be easier than wasting your precious life arguing with people you swear are insane? Have you thought about your own mental stability lately?

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »

I thought you were doing an AMA.  Why aren't you answering any questions?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2017, 04:40:09 PM »
I agree, but flat earthers have some "original" ideas about optics.

While this does not constitute as proof of anything, it does, at the least, show that atmoplanic lensing is optically not impossible.
The atmoplane could not have a curve to it?
Of course, jroa's artificial intelligence goes further and claims that planar layers can magnify.
Then in the Wiki
Quote from: the Wiki
Magnification of the Sun at Sunset
Q. If the sun is disappearing to perspective, shouldn't it get smaller as it recedes?
A. The sun remains the same size as it recedes into the distance due to a known magnification effect caused by the intense rays of light passing through the strata of the atmosphere.

There's plenty more.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2017, 04:45:52 PM »

I thought you were doing an AMA.  Why aren't you answering any questions?

What questions?

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »
Yeah, what's the point of an AMA thread when you don't answer the questions?

What questions?? Have you read your own thread?

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »
Either "Ask Me Anything" or "Against Medical Advice" - take your pick.

Thnx. I wouldn't have guessed from this thread.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2017, 04:52:39 PM »

Pay for me to go on a flight that shows the curve of earth? Wouldnt that be easier than wasting your precious life arguing with people you swear are insane? Have you thought about your own mental stability lately?
Not my problem. I know that I can never convince any totally brainwashed flat earther like you.

When did I "you swear are insane"? I'm no psychiatrist or psychologist, whichever does that sort of diagnosis.
If you think that you are in need of one, I'm sure your GP can refer you.

Oh yes I've "thought about" my "own mental stability lately" and when I continue responding to your posts, I do have to wonder.

But, Mr Pretendhumanbeing, I don't really respond for your benefit, but to try to reduce the chance of others being taken in by your delusion.

But, I must try in future not to respond to you, but just to debunk your ridiculous claims.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »
Oh yes I've "thought about" my "own mental stability lately" and when I continue responding to your posts, I do have to wonder.

Wonder some more. You need to. Cuz im sick of your BS.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2017, 05:38:54 PM »
How does your model explain sunrise and sunset.  How does the sun stay the same size as it disappears below the horizon?  Why do the rays of the sun hit the top of a mountain first in the morning then work their way down as the sun climbs over the horizon?

1. The sun moves in a circle over Earth. It appears to rise and set as distance from the observer increases and decreases.

2. It doesnt.

3. Thats how light works.

?

Arealhumanbeing

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2017, 06:23:18 PM »
What's your favorite part about being gay?

Being happy is awesome. Grow up, or get out.

Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2017, 07:45:50 PM »
How does your model explain sunrise and sunset.  How does the sun stay the same size as it disappears below the horizon?  Why do the rays of the sun hit the top of a mountain first in the morning then work their way down as the sun climbs over the horizon?

1. The sun moves in a circle over Earth. It appears to rise and set as distance from the observer increases and decreases.

2. It doesnt.

If the sun were circling over head it would change shape as it moved towards and away.  It doesn't.
It does not appear to change size as it sets below the horizon.  Nor does it fade into the distance, it sets below the horizon.  Flat earth does not explain this.
How, exactly does light work in such a way that it comes from below a mount, pointing up, if the sun were above it moving closer?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2017, 07:55:32 PM »

2. It doesnt.

This is what I class as your ridiculous claims, but I won't bother, there are plenty of others who know that your explanations are crap.

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2017, 09:52:41 PM »
What's your favorite part about being gay?

Being happy is awesome. Grow up, or get out.

Felcher & Sons? I laughed at that one!