Sun set twice

• 51 Replies
Re: Sun set twice
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »
When I get back I'm going to draw a little diagram of how and why your globe and sun, is garbage and why flat (ish) Earth conquers it 100% hands down.

Cool! When can we expect this diagram? Are you talking about later, today? A day or two from now? Longer than that? Never?

I pick the last as most likely but eagerly await seeing your diagram on the off-chance I'm wrong about that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 09:17:52 PM »
Interesting also that the light in our sunsets changes the colour of the sky to the longer wave lengths of yellow, orange and red. The scattering of the light across the atmosphere when the sun is low on the horizon makes sense on a round earth but on a flat earth? It boggles the mind. I'm sure one of our flat earthers can come up with an 'alternative science' theory as to why this is so though

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 11:23:52 PM »
The indoctrination is so severe with you people.
;D ;D It's so hilarious! Every time you start losing an argument you accuse everyone else of being severely indoctrinated.  ;D ;D

Then run off in a sulk and refuse to talk to anyone who won't accept your garbage.
Oh yes, you explain your gobbledegook to us so carefully, and expect us to be like perfect little indoctrinees and be brainwashed by your swill.

I couldn't care less if you think the earth a pretzel, just don't get into a paddy because most sensible people choke on it.

You are exactly the the same as JRoweSkeptic, you both think that if only we understood your respective hypotheses, we would fall over ourselves to swallow it.

Why don't you two, along possibly with Sandokhan, get together and come up with Unified Flat Earth Hypothesis.
At the monent you have three quite disparate guesses and you all insist that your are correct, and you all rant and rave when we won't accept what you say.

You cannot all be right! So in my opinion, the simplest thing is to completely reject all three of your hypotheses.
I hope you see the logic of my suggestion, seems the fairest all around!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 12:52:58 AM »
Let's try and use something simpler for explanations to try and get past the usual suspects who come in with equations and what not to try to scupper basic common sense.

I'll ask questions for those who are honest.
You have a telescope aimed at your horizon where your sun is sitting just before it starts to go down, as you people see it.
Let's assume your horizon line is 10 miles away, or pick a distance if it makes you feel better.
Ok from this point, it takes a few minutes to disappear. Let's say 5 minutes from bottom of sun on horizon to top disappearing. Fair enough?

Is this ok with you globalists or would you like to alter it before I move on?

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 01:49:42 AM »
Let's try and use something simpler for explanations to try and get past the usual suspects who come in with equations and what not to try to scupper basic common sense.

You have a telescope aimed at your horizon where your sun is sitting just before it starts to go down, as you people see it.
Let's assume your horizon line is 10 miles away, or pick a distance if it makes you feel better.
Ok from this point, it takes a few minutes to disappear. Let's say 5 minutes from bottom of sun on horizon to top disappearing. Fair enough?

Sceptimatic.....yet. another 'grandiose delusional' in operation...neither proven facts or the truth will stop him in his mission. He has constructed his flat(ish) denpressure world around him which no known force can penetrate. He has invested so much of himself in his one man crusade that to show any hint of doubt would have a profound negative effect on how he percieves himself.
We have known how all the heavenly bodies move relative to each other for some considerable time and it is generally accepted by every educational establishment around the world. Sceptamatic however, seeing himself as special, has rejected this in favour of a model and explanation of his own design. He sees (all) mainstream belief as pure indoctrination. The fact that only he believes in it in no way disuedes him, as it is this that he feels makes him special. He ridicules all the 'sheep' who lap up main stream belief at every turn. It's this feeling of being special that motivates him, the fact that what he expounds is pure nonesense matters not a jot, as it's all about knowing and understanding something that he sees as being beyond the intellectual capabilities of those he sees as no more than indoctrinated sheep.
However like all delusionals he still drives his car, uses his phone, works on his computer, watches TV, plugs his electronic devices into the mains and on occasions jumps on an aircraft to go off on holiday.
His rejection of modern science like all of his kind is very selective, each one of them carving out their own little niche that they each in turn defend like sharp toothed gaurd dogs.
The earth is a sphere and gravity what ever it happens to be exists....get over it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:52:01 AM by Lonegranger »

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 03:03:44 AM »

I thought you were coming back with a diagram? 

I see instead you are starting one of your endless games to try and lead us down the garden path so, 63 pages later, we are meant to have forgotten your promise of showing us how sunsets work in your system.

The standard model of the globe is extremely well documented, and you know what it is - we don't need to go over it all again.  You've rejected it, which is your prerogative, however we'd now like to know what your alternative is.

So, in your own words (or even better the promised diagram), how does the sun set on a flat earth?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 03:34:51 AM »

Not panicking, just getting frustrated. You seem to be either incapable or unwilling to understand my point.

Do you understand that when you move up, according to RE, the sun does not move and the horizon gets lower?

Seriously? I proved my point to you with some basic trigonometry and you can not even get a counter-argument? You are pathetic.
You've proved nothing. I've just shown you that your globe with its rotation is a piece of crap.

You simply refuse to look at logic and prefer to go into silly mode.
Don't bother with me using your clap trap because people like you are 10 a penny for firing off naivety and/or bull crap.

Actually what Kami is saying is simple as can be. The farther you move up, the lower horizon gets from your view. The Sun stays in the same position though, yet will set a little later as you move up.

Are you saying that the Sun gets smaller and smaller during sunset, as it fades off into the distance? Never have seen that happen in 53 years.
What you indoctrinated idiots don't know is when you move higher the horizon also moves up. You keep saying as you move higher the horizon is lower which proves you don't know what you are talking about.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 07:40:49 AM »

Not panicking, just getting frustrated. You seem to be either incapable or unwilling to understand my point.

Do you understand that when you move up, according to RE, the sun does not move and the horizon gets lower?

Seriously? I proved my point to you with some basic trigonometry and you can not even get a counter-argument? You are pathetic.
You've proved nothing. I've just shown you that your globe with its rotation is a piece of crap.

Don't bother with me using your clap trap because people like you are 10 a penny for firing off naivety and/or bull crap.

Actually what Kami is saying is simple as can be. The farther you move up, the lower horizon gets from your view. The Sun stays in the same position though, yet will set a little later as you move up.

Are you saying that the Sun gets smaller and smaller during sunset, as it fades off into the distance? Never have seen that happen in 53 years.
What you indoctrinated idiots don't know is when you move higher the horizon also moves up. You keep saying as you move higher the horizon is lower which proves you don't know what you are talking about.

It's proves you are retarded. That is for certain.

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 09:36:01 AM »

That's not predicted for a round Earth. nor for a finite flat Earth. For an infinite flat Earth the horizon would always be directly ahead. The viewing of a second sunset is an observable fact that shows the angle of the horizon drops as you move up, supporting a round Earth.

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »

5 minutes is a little long unless you're near the poles, but the basic phenomenon should be the same for a larger sun, it would just mean you need to go up higher. For a horizon distance of 10 mi I get that your vantage point should be about 20 meters above the surrounding terrain. Go ahead.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:47:09 AM by itsatorus »

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 09:44:59 AM »
When I get back I'm going to draw a little diagram of how and why your globe and sun, is garbage and why flat (ish) Earth conquers it 100% hands down.
What I'd really like to see is how you even have sunsets on a flat earth.  Keep it simple: how does the sun drop behind the horizon on one part of the planet, and be directly overhead on another?
You've been told about this on a few occasions and you dismiss them, so why come back for some more?
Just stick to your little dozen word digs from time to time and try and learn something along the way.
But this really hasn't been explained.  I've been told it's perspective, but that works completely against the idea.  On a flat earth the sun would shrink to a vanishing point.  It does not, it drops behind the horizon.  On a flat earth as the sun moved away, assuming it is like a spot light, the light would disappear from the top of a building first, it does not, but rather the opposite.  These are easily observable facts that I have never seen a reasonable explaination of on a flat earth.

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »
5 FE doubloons says Scepti will never deliver his diagram.

?

Kami

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »
What are the rates? I mean scepti is practically the master of not-delivering... they gotta be high.

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 01:00:02 PM »
What are the rates? I mean scepti is practically the master of not-delivering... they gotta be high.
I'm guessing they're worthless?

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 01:00:22 PM »

I sure wouldn't bet anything against that. The post (QFT here)

is earmarked so it's convenient to revisit as time passes if needed.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 03:29:11 PM »
The sun setting at different times depending on the altitude is taken very seriously in Dubai, that those on the top floor of the tower can not start Ramadan at the same time of those on the ground floor.

Also if the sun moves in a circular pattern across the flat earth, it should behave in the same way a plane overhead does. You see it come from within the sky overhead and then disappear, still overhead in the sky.

No matter what BS they propagate about the Suns movement and attempt to justify its behaviour of setting and rising from below the horizon, it is blown completely away from the way we can observe a simple plane. Do we see planes come from below the horizon and then leave on the other side of the horizon? NO! They come from within a vanishing point, get bigger as they move overhead and then disappear as they move out of our visual range all within the sky high above the horizon

You have to feel sorry for the flat earthers and the logic (well the lack thereof) they are messed up with. It really takes a special kind of stupid.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »
The sun setting at different times depending on the altitude is taken very seriously in Dubai, that those on the top floor of the tower can not start Ramadan at the same time of those on the ground floor.

Also if the sun moves in a circular pattern across the flat earth, it should behave in the same way a plane overhead does. You see it come from within the sky overhead and then disappear, still overhead in the sky.

No matter what BS they propagate about the Suns movement and attempt to justify its behaviour of setting and rising from below the horizon, it is blown completely away from the way we can observe a simple plane. Do we see planes come from below the horizon and then leave on the other side of the horizon? NO! They come from within a vanishing point, get bigger as they move overhead and then disappear as they move out of our visual range all within the sky high above the horizon

You have to feel sorry for the flat earthers and the logic (well the lack thereof) they are messed up with. It really takes a special kind of stupid.

So Ramadan fasting is considered to start based on your local dawn, including height? Just out of curiosity, if somebody is on the ground and the sun rises and they go up the tower to make it set again, are they temporarily un-Ramadaned? Or do they carry their personal Ramadan with them?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:44:06 PM by itsatorus »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »
I don't make the rules. And I'm not Muslim so I'll eat sun up or down any day of the year. It's not about local time, it's do with whether or not the sun is still visible

Here's one thing that reported on it
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14437334

Know your place

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2017, 03:05:56 AM »
Or do they carry their personal Ramadan with them?
Yes, they refer to is as a Ramadamadimdan.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »

It's been a week since we were promised this diagram. Are you back yet? You've posted several times since you said you'd do this. 

Have you forgotten this? I haven't. We're waiting to see it and don't want you to forget to draw it and show us once and for all why we're wrong.

I haven't forgotten your model of the dome from almost two and a half years ago, either. Any further progress since "a few more months and it will be ready for testing out" 21 months ago other than some "tinkering" last December? I didn't think so.

Is it not working out well? Was it all made up? Were we supposed to have forgotten about it more than two years ago?

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 05:00:52 PM »

I sure wouldn't bet anything against that. The post (QFT here)

is earmarked so it's convenient to revisit as time passes if needed.
Looks like somebody owes me 5 FE doubloons..

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

Your comment about the dome, here, reminds me: have you figured out how to draw this diagram yet and what it's going to show, or were you hoping everyone would forget your promise?

Looks like somebody owes me 5 FE doubloons..

I doubt anyone took that bet.