Bet you can't do it!

• 406 Replies
Re: Bet you can't do it!
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »
Observer, what is in space that our atmosphere would no protect us from?  You keep saying step outside the vehicle.  When you do that you hit the atmosphere.  That's what you are feeling.  So what kind of atmosphere is there in space that we should feel?

I gave you'll a hint, I knew you wouldn't get it! The answer involves a few experiments. This thread is not about experiments. You'll have to wait till my next thread.

?

frenat

« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
If you can see the curve away from you, then why can't you see the curve in the horizon left to right? You'll claim to see this drastic curve going away, but see none going left to right. Maybe we live on a rolling pin?
There is no "drastic curve going" any way.
In the horizontal direction from near sea level, the horizon is exactly the same distance from and exactly the same distance below eye level.
So the horizon looks exactly the same all the way around and only about 0.04° below eye level all 360° around.

So there is no curvature to be seen. When you get very high you are looking down on this horizon circle, so there is a very slight curve.

Quote from: physical
Watch a train leaving a station on a known flat level straight track on a hot day. You'll see the bottom half of the train become obscure from refraction, before the top half finally disappears from perspective. On the water, you are dealing with refraction, and a few other phenomena.
Does it?, but whether it does or not, so what?
Ships disappear behind the horizon under most conditions, except when there is enough refraction of reflection to cause a mirage.

Since when did water convex once it fills a void?
Since there were oceans and  gravitation.

Show me a body of water on earth that is convex, once it fills a void. There are three huge lakes, one in Siberia, and one on the African Continent, and one in North America. Show me an aerial view of the convex water surface in those bodies of water, after all, you are dealing with hundreds of miles of water surface. By the way, the lake in Siberia, once it freezes over, it is known as the largest flat horizontal surface in the world. A flat horizontal surface is not convex.

Lake Baikal

Lake Victoria

Lake Superior
1st 15 minutes of the following video.  But since you ignored it the last time I've no doubt you'll do the same this time.

JackBlack

« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
Yeah, take 24 hours driving at 1000 mph. You neglect to mention this.
I've already mentioned the dishonesty you people use with the one rotation in a day bag of crap.
Yep, the best one would be to take 24 hours driving at 1000 miles per hour. That is the only honest comparison using 1000 miles per hour.
If you are taking less than one day, while driving at 1000 miles per hour, then you are not providing an honest comparison, instead you are significantly increasing the apparent centrifugal force.

Yes, using 1 rotation per day doesn't work, but guess what? Neither does 1000 miles per hour.
You are being just as dishonest.

The acceleration for uniform circular motion can be expressed in many ways.
a=omega^2*r=omega*v=v^2/r.

If you change r you cannot keep omega or v constant.
So if you use a smaller track, you cannot keep the velocity being 1000 miles per hour.

So don't act like you aren't being dishonest with your 1000 miles per hour bag of crap.

How about you cut out all the dishonest bullshit and instead express it as the acceleration. That way it will work regardless of what size track you use and regardless of speed.
The acceleration required to follow Earth's rotation rather than flying off into space due to your own inertia is a mere 0.03 m/s^2.
To give you an idea of that force, for a 1 kg weight, that would correspond to roughly 0.003 kg, or 3 g.

Give it a 100,000 mile circumference, it's still over 1000 mph for a human being.
And guess what? There is nothing wrong with that.

What part are you objecting to, the rotation or the linear motion?
If it is the linear motion, then it doesn't matter what speed it is. You can be travelling at 99% of the speed of light and there still wouldn't be an issue as it is an inertial refference frame.
The only issue comes from acceleration. That requires the circular motion, which is only ever possible to express as either an acceleration, or a combination of omega, v and/or r (you need 2).
With 100 000 mile circumference, 1000 miles per hour would be far too slow to replicate the acceleration for Earth.
Again, the important issue is the acceleration. For Earth, it is 0.03 m/s^2.

Of course we can't detect it. It's because it is absolutely not spinning at all.
No. We can't detect it ourselves because it is only an acceleration of 0.03 m/s^2, which we have grown up being used to, which is nothing compared to the acceleration of gravity (or whatever bullshit you want to use instead) of 9.8 m/s^2.
But don't worry, we can still detect Earth turning, such as by using a Foucault's pendulum, or by observing large scale weather patterns.

Absolutely at 1000 mph, yep, no doubt about it and not only that but, unless we were bolted to the ground, we would be sliding along it until we go off level, which would be fairly instant and then back to the deck again.
Complete nonsense.
The acceleration is 0.03 m/s^2. You would not feel that.
We are already moving with the ground, so we don't need to be bolted too it.
We wouldn't go flying up or slam into the ground.

If you wish to claim such nonsense do the math to prove it.
Show how you are coming to these conclusions, because they are pure nonsense.

You people really do need to wake up.
Thinking atmosphere drags you along with the solid floor of Earth is not just laughable, it's scary to think people actually believe it after being told about it.
We have woken up, while you are still fast asleep.
No one thinks the atmosphere drags us along.
Your inertia and gravity (or whatever bullshit you want to use instead) keeps you moving with Earth.

Absolutely ridiculous and no amount of so called scientific jargon will change that FACT.
Yes, your claims are absolutely ridiculous with no grounding in reality and no amount of scientific jargon will change that fact, or the fact that the acceleration required to keep us moving with Earth is a mere 0.03 m/s^2, at the equator, which is nothing compared to gravity or the fact that you cannot feel or percieve absolute motion and instead only perceive relative motion or relative acceleration/forces or feel unbalanced forces where your body needs to transmit that force.

I spent a lot of my life entertaining the idea you still stick with. No more. I at least know, 100% that we are certainly not dealing with any 1000+ MPH spinning Earth in so called space vacuum as we are told.

It's you and the rest like you that need to wake up...or don't. Your choice.
No. You don't know, not even 1%. You foolishly believe it based on childish garbage that no rational person would ever accept.
You have no rational basis for any of your claims and you are completely unable to refute our arguments.

If you know anything, then you 100% know that what you are claiming is pure childish nonsense with no bearing in reality.

If you truly knew you would be proving it rather than continually spouting childish nonsense and ignoring refutations.

We aren't the ones who don't understand or need to wake up.

Save your typing, shills. I have no time for you.
If that is the case, why did you come here and spout such childish garbage?

« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2017, 01:27:40 PM »
If you can see the curve away from you, then why can't you see the curve in the horizon left to right? You'll claim to see this drastic curve going away, but see none going left to right. Maybe we live on a rolling pin?
In the horizontal direction from near sea level, the horizon is exactly the same distance from and exactly the same distance below eye level.
So the horizon looks exactly the same all the way around and only about 0.04° below eye level all 360° around.

So there is no curvature to be seen. When you get very high you are looking down on this horizon circle, so there is a very slight curve.

Watch a train leaving a station on a known flat level straight track on a hot day. You'll see the bottom half of the train become obscure from refraction, before the top half finally disappears from perspective. On the water, you are dealing with refraction, and a few other phenomena.
Ships disappear behind the horizon under most conditions, except when there is enough refraction of reflection to cause a mirage.

Show me a body of water on earth that is convex, once it fills a void. There are three huge lakes, one in Siberia, and one on the African Continent, and one in North America. Show me an aerial view of the convex water surface in those bodies of water, after all, you are dealing with hundreds of miles of water surface. By the way, the lake in Siberia, once it freezes over, it is known as the largest flat horizontal surface in the world. A flat horizontal surface is not convex.

Lake Baikal

Lake Victoria

Lake Superior

look up the 3d geometric on a globe.

the distance from the viewpoint to the visible horizon does not change if you turn around yourself, therefor the horizon appears flat.

« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »

"There is no "drastic curve going" any way."

But you'll claim ships disappear over a curvature at what, 10/15 miles, our range of vision, right? I mean, that sounds like a drastic curvature to me! That is about 67 feet of curvature. At 10 miles, a 30' high ship should be completely out-of-view. Yet, when we look at the horizon left to right, we are seeing way more than 10 miles across. There has to be 50/75 miles of water surface way out on he horizon, left to right. Yet it is always horizontally flat, ALWAYS! Why do none of you spherical earthers ever consider that?

If I'm standing at 6 o'clock, and I'm watching a ship sailing away to 12 o'clock, what will an observer at 3 o'clock, and 9 o'clock observe? Will they see the ship go over a curvature, like you'll claim I will see standing at 6 o'clock, or will they see a ship sailing perpendicular to them along a flat horizontal horizon? Hmmm, horizontal/horizon, maybe there is a connection, you think?

« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »

Lake Baikal

Lake Victoria

Lake Superior

the distance from the viewpoint to the visible horizon does not change if you turn around yourself, therefor the horizon appears flat.

Please, what does looking at a fabricated globe prove? Take me out into earth's nature, and let's look at what the physical condition, the physical state of earth shows us, or does that scare you too much?

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »

If I'm standing at 6 o'clock, and I'm watching a ship sailing away to 12 o'clock, what will an observer at 3 o'clock, and 9 o'clock observe? Will they see the ship go over a curvature, like you'll claim I will see standing at 6 o'clock, or will they see a ship sailing perpendicular to them along a flat horizontal horizon? Hmmm, horizontal/horizon, maybe there is a connection, you think?

If you are at 6, and the ship is halfway behind the horizon (to you) at 12, then the person at 3 should be able to see it fine.  It's about 30 percent closer to them than it is to you.

If they face the ship they will see it from the starboard stern side and it will be chugging away from them at 45 degrees from their line of sight.  If they look directly to their left they should be able to see you, at the same distance from them as the ship.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:58:55 PM by deadsirius »
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

JackBlack

« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »
How about trying to prove that with some real evidence! Before you spew, make sure your evidence comes from earth's natural physical condition.
You mean like large scale weather patterns, which you continue to ignore?
But they still won't give you exact numbers, you need more precise things, man made instruments like Foucault's pendulum, laser ring gyroscopes, etc.

They even claim it is 0 MPH at the poles. That would have made a great laugh track in Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.
And do you know why? If you turn around a point, what is your linear/tangential velocity? 0, because you go no where. You stand in the same spot.
You repeatedly acting like it shouldn't be 0 shows you are either a complete imbecile or you know you are full of shit.

What do you think it should be at the poles. Please explain in detail how you arrived at your horribly wrong conclusion.

If the physics is based on a spinning speeding earth, then it is a fabrication. Why don't you try being honest about the physics of water, for a change!
No. The fabrications are based upon a flat stationary Earth.
A spinning speeding Earth matches reality.

Why don't you try being honest for once?
The physics of water means it will follow the surface of a spinning massive sphere.
It won't just magically be flat.

What do you think determines which way it becomes flat?
If you are going to appeal to Earth being down, and it should be perpendicular to that, then guess what? For a round Earth it would follow the curve.
If you wish to appeal to something else, you need to explain what it is and where it is.

"Have you ever flown in a plane? Were you able to get up and walk around without sliding everywhere even though you weren't bolted down?"

Oh please, I destroyed that claim weeks ago! Standing on earth, we are not encased in a solid shell/skin, like being in a plane. The atmosphere, thick or thin, is not going to provide the protection from the forces of moving at 1.8 million MPH, and it will not alter the effects of the ground moving at 1,000 MPH.
No. You didn't destroy anything except any respect people had for you.
It isn't being encased in a solid shell/skin that is the issue.
In the plane, the air inside it is moving at the same speed as you, so you don't feel any force from it.
If you were standing outside the plane, moving through the atmosphere, then that is moving relative to you and you feel force from it.
On Earth, the atmosphere is moving with us, so we don't feel force from it.
There is no atmosphere that Earth is moving through to generate a force.
There is no magic force associated with movement. If there was, you would feel it in a plane as well.
There is nothing to be protected from.
Just exactly what do you think you should feel from moving at some speed (without appealing to anything external to you like the air)?

And we pointed out all this bullshit before, and you have provided no refutation.
We are the ones destroying your crap, not the other way around.

If the aircraft you are speeding in starts rotating, you are screwed! It is a weak, non-effect argument, come up with something better! Keep that garbage excuse out of my thread!
That depends how quickly it starts rotating. If it starts rotating such that it is accelerating at a rate of 0.03 m/s^2, you wouldn't even notice.

You are the one providing a weak-non-effect non-argument, not us.
You are the one who needs to come up with something better to defend your delusional nonsense.
We will keep pointing out your bullshit.

Then why does the ground feel motionless?
That was already explained, repeatedly.
You and the ground are moving at the same speed.
As such, relative to you, it is motionless.
Just like if you were on a plane.

If the atmosphere is being dragged along by earth's surface by friction
No one gives a shit. It isn't, at least not to the scale required for Earth's rotation.
It is being moved along by its own inertia.
The only time friction comes into it is for large scale weather patterns where it is moving at a small relative speed.

where are the physical clues/signs/evidence from earth's physical condition that supports that claim? If the atmosphere is being dragged along by friction, then the atmosphere cannot be at the same speed as the surface of earth, it would always drag behind.
No it wouldn't. The friction would result in it speeding up, until it eventually was at the same speed. It wouldn't always drag behind.

If a wing-walker has issues with navigating a 100 MPH platform, then why don't we have issues with navigating a 1,000 MPH platform? Support your fffing claims with some real evidence, FOR ONCE!
Because our platform isn't moving around jerkily like the plane is, and more importantly, the air we are moving through is moving at the same speed, while the wing-walker is moving through the air at 100 miles per hour.

How about you try supporting your claims with some real evidence which actually matches the claims you are trying to make or even just a rational explanation?
You are yet to do any of it.

Oh PLEASE! I can walk through the atmosphere, it ain't strong enough to protect us from the forces associated with standing on the outside of a speeding vessel. It is a weak, non-logical excuse, not a factual statement.

Bucky, you are encased in the atmosphere inside the speeding vessel, right? I guess you can then remove the skin of the speeding aircraft, because after all, the atmosphere inside the speeding vessel, that you are encased in, is going to protect you, right?
Again, what forces?

You do not experience forces from standing outside of a speeding vessel.
You experience forces from moving through the air.
If what you were saying is true, and the atmosphere is incapable of providing any kind of protection, then it would also be incapable of making those forces you feel from moving through it.

No, the atmosphere in the moving vessel will not protect you from the equally dense atmosphere outside.
But the atmosphere of Earth is more than capable of protecting us from the vacuum of space, with its virtually 0 density.

Go take a ride at 1,000 MPH on a motorcycle, you'll understand what forces I'm talking about! Stop diverting with senseless side-arguments. Stick to the thread topic, prove, using earth's physical condition, we are on a spinning speeding ball, BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!!
With the air moving with us, or with us moving through the air?

If it is us moving through the air, then it doesn't match Earth. If it is with the air moving with us, then while I understand the forces you are talking about, I realise your argument is bullshit and you wouldn't experience these forces.

Why don't you tell us what makes these forces?

How about instead of demanding we prove it you tell us (with an explanation) exactly what it is we should be feeling, because so far all you have done is spouted pure bullshit which doesn't match Earth at all. Or alternatively, prove Earth is flat and stationary. BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!

Human's cannot perceive the effects of Earth's rotation and movement through space, but we can observe them on other things, like stellar parallax and aberration, laser ring gyroscopes, large scale weather patterns and so on.

Yeah, but you claimed the atmosphere is strong enough to protect us from the forces of earth speeding along through the "almost vacuum of space", yet it is the atmosphere on the skinless aircraft that is kicking your @$$!
Yes, that's right.
That is because you are moving relative to it.

It is like the metal skin on the plane. That protects you right? Well get into a human cannon and try flying through the metal skin. It wont work very well, in fact, you could say it is kicking your ass, and it does an even better job than the atmosphere of doing so.

You moving through the atmosphere is like trying to move through the skin of the plane.
Just like the skin of the plane is kicking your ass, the atmosphere will as well.

If the atmosphere was incapable of protecting us from the vacuum of space, then it would be incapable of kicking our ass and making us fall over from the wind or moving too quickly.

"Grasshopper, stand in the courtyard and tell me what you feel."

Grasshopper moves out into courtyard

"I don't not feel anything, the ground feels motionless."

"So your senses do not feel motion. What does your intuition tell you?"

"My intuition tells me the ground is motionless."
I do not feel anything. I do not feel motion, I do not feel stationary. My senses are incapable of distinguishing between these 2.
My intuition, from observing the world around me tells me Earth is a rotating sphere.

This is because the sun must be very far away to be able to rise due East for everyone on the equinox, yet pass directly overhead the equator, thus it makes far more sense for Earth's rotation to be the cause of the day/night cycle than the sun moving so fast.

"Trust always, your senses and intuition, they are the path of true understanding."
Master, you are a complete moron, your senses are one of the most fallible things you have. They will constantly fool you with all sorts of things, and are no where near precise enough to detect so many things it isn't funny.
That is why science uses instruments instead. They are far more reliable.
Test repeatable observations with instruments. If you can't get it on them, it is probably bullshit.

You were encased in the inside atmosphere of the skinned aircraft, right? That atmosphere should protect you once the skin of the aircraft is removed, right?
No.
The atmosphere inside the craft has pretty much the same density (and thus the same mass and takes the same amount of energy to push) as the atmosphere outside.
It would be like flying a plane into a plane. Should the skin on the plane protect you from the other plane? No.

I mean, after all, that is what you claim is protecting us as we navigate the outside of the speeding earth vessel through the NON-VACUUM of space! Your counter-argument is a bogus pile of feces!
And what is the density of the non-vacuum of space? Effectively 0. It is many orders of magnitude less than that of the atmosphere.
As such, the atmosphere can easily protect you.

So no, your counter-argument, using such pathetic examples which in no way compare to what we are saying is a bogus pile of crap. It is a pathetic childish straw-man.

That is because it is curved down to the same extent, resulting in the same angle.
If we lived on a rolling pin then the horizon to the left or right would be higher.

A flat track, which is a straight line, or a level track, which follows Earth's curve?

Why a hot day? Why not a cool one where you won't have the issue of refraction?
Guess what, you still see it disappear from the bottom up.
It isn't from refraction, it is from going over the horizon.

I already provided pictures of that, and you just dismissed them as being fake.
Perhaps you would prefer a completely dishonest comparison from nature. Go look at a lotus leaf. The water produces a convex surface.
Go look at water in a test tube, it produces a concave surface.

Where is water flat, across a 12 000 km void?

Yeah, it has to be "tiny", it just has to be.
No, it doesn't have to be, it just is.
Do you have any evidence at all that it isn't?

Never mind the bulk of the earth slamming into the "solar wind" at 1.8 million MPH, hey?
No. Not at 1.8 million MPH.

You really don't understand relative motion at all.
Even if the sun was moving at 1.8 million miles per hours, the solar wind would not be hitting us at a relative speed of 1.8 million miles per hour.
The solar wind and Earth, on average is moving with the sun. The speed of Earth relative to the sun is only 30 km/s, but the gas around us is also moving at approximately that speed, and that gas already has a density of basically 0.
The solar wind is even lower density, but it is moving at some significant speed.
I think I might have found your 1.8 BS number.
The solar wind, near Earth, is moving at a speed of 300-500 km/s. This works out to be 1.8 million km per hour.
But its density and mass is effectively 0.
It exerts a pressure of roughly 1 nPa (nano Pascal). That is 1*10^-9 Pa.
The atmosphere exerts a pressure of 100 000 Pa.
Do you think that 100 000 Pa is more than enough to protect us from the 0.000000001 Pa of the solar wind?
We can also look at how much it would be accelerating Earth.
Earth, with a radius of 6371 km, would have a cross sectional area of roughly  128,000,000,000,000. m^2. Conveinently a Pa is N/m^2.
This means a force of 1 nPa will exert a force of 0.000000001 N for each m^2.
That means Earth will experience a force of 128 000 N.
But Earth has a mass of roughly 6*10^24 kg.
As F=ma (where a N is kg*m/s^2), this means the acceleration resulting from this solar wind will be a mere 2*10^-20 m/s^2
So so tiny it isn't funny.

So yes, the atmosphere will protect us and we will not be able to perceive the tiny acceleration from it.
Similarly, any resulting Magnus force will be tiny.

Just like NASA admits their globe is photoshopped, "because, it, it has to be!" Oh yeah, and don't mention the Magnus Force when a solid sphere is spinning inside earth's atmosphere, naw, well save those for my next thread.
They admit one of their globes is a computer model based upon numerous photographs that are stitched together.
They have plenty of single photos.

I'm just waiting for you'll to finally realize......................{naw, I'll just see how long it takes them to figure it out.........}
Realize that you are a complete imbecile that knows nothing, or a pathetic childish troll? Don't worry, we realise.
I don't refute your bullshit for you, I can tell that would be an impossible goal as you have no interest in the truth.
I do it so no one else would come and read your bullshit and possibly be convinced by it.

Already provided it. You dismissed it as fake.
Yes, lots of ignorant people, like you will claim a level surface as a flat one.
Can you provide a picture of a large (several thousand km) body of water which is flat?

I gave you'll a hint, I knew you wouldn't get it! The answer involves a few experiments. This thread is not about experiments. You'll have to wait till my next thread.
You mean the thread we have been waiting for you to make for ages?
I think it is because you know it is bullshit and know there is effectively nothing for us to be protected from.

JackBlack

« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:48 PM »
But you'll claim ships disappear over a curvature at what, 10/15 miles, our range of vision, right? I mean, that sounds like a drastic curvature to me! That is about 67 feet of curvature. At 10 miles, a 30' high ship should be completely out-of-view. Yet, when we look at the horizon left to right, we are seeing way more than 10 miles across. There has to be 50/75 miles of water surface way out on he horizon, left to right. Yet it is always horizontally flat, ALWAYS! Why do none of you spherical earthers ever consider that?
You aren't seeing a straight line 10 miles across.
You are seeing a line which is the same distance from you, 10 miles across.
As it is the same distance from you, the angle to it is the same, so it appears flat.

Assuming the distances are correct, they will see it rise from below the horizon, go past perpendicular to them, and then go below the horizon.

The horizon for them isn't a straight line from 6 to 12. It would be a circle centred on them.
In order for it to appear to sail perpendicular to them, it would need to follow a circular path, at which point it would remain at the same angle to them.
Would you like me to make an animation to show you what it would be like (ignoring any atmospheric effects)?

Please, what does looking at a fabricated globe prove? Take me out into earth's nature, and let's look at what the physical condition, the physical state of earth shows us, or does that scare you too much?
It shows your argument is bullshit.
It shows that you don't see a great circle as the horizon, and instead the horizon is equally distant all around and thus has the same angle.

We have already pointed out what the physical state of Earth shows, that is a spinning globe.
You just ignored it.

« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »

Lake Baikal

Lake Victoria

Lake Superior

As I already offered you let us got out and take a look. It's up to you to follow my invitation.
Or does it scare you to do so.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »
The difference between velocity and acceleration and their respective effects seems a little too difficult for some people to comprehend.

I'll try again.

We don't notice the movement of the earth because, even though it is around 1000 MPH it is a nearly constant velocity and the atmosphere moves with us. If that 1000 MPH were in a straight line it would be a constant velocity and would be undetectable. Because we are turning, the velocity is constantly changing. (only in direction though not in speed)It is this turn which we should technically be able to detect but since we are only turning 15 degrees an hour we can't really detect it.
Of course we can't detect it. It's because it is absolutely not spinning at all.
If it was turning at 15 degrees per hour do you think you would be able to detect it?
Absolutely at 1000 mph, yep, no doubt about it and not only that but, unless we were bolted to the ground, we would be sliding along it until we go off level, which would be fairly instant and then back to the deck again.
Thinking atmosphere drags you along with the solid floor of Earth is not just laughable, it's scary to think people actually believe it after being told about it.

Yeah but gravity. Yeah but centripetal force. Yeah but it's a reference frame. Yeah but atmosphere and solid, plus water all follow a set pattern.
Yeah but magic is real even though we can never ever witness it, unless we accept men feigning it.

Absolutely ridiculous and no amount of so called scientific jargon will change that FACT.

Have you ever flown in a plane? Were you able to get up and walk around without sliding everywhere even though you weren't bolted down?

And you don't need atmosphere to drag you along. You're already moving at the Earth's rotational speed so no force is needed to keep you moving that speed, except a force to pull you down (gravity) and to cancel out the coriolis forces (which are so small that you don't even notice their contribution to the shear stress on your shoes when you walk around).

"You're already moving at the Earth's rotational speed..."

Then why does the ground feel motionless? If the atmosphere is being dragged along by earth's surface by friction, where are the physical clues/signs/evidence from earth's physical condition that supports that claim? If the atmosphere is being dragged along by friction, then the atmosphere cannot be at the same speed as the surface of earth, it would always drag behind.

If a wing-walker has issues with navigating a 100 MPH platform, then why don't we have issues with navigating a 1,000 MPH platform? Support your fffing claims with some real evidence, FOR ONCE!

Why is there a clear band where hurricanes don't cross?

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JackBlack

« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »

And why do they spin in opposite direction on either side of that line?

(No, Fiji isn't in the north, and NZ is not Japan).

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »
Please, what does looking at a fabricated globe prove?
Take me out into earth's nature, and let's look at what the physical condition, the physical state of earth shows us, or does that scare you too much?
It does not scare me in the slightest.
I've driven long distances around Australia. Enough to know for sure that no pretend flat earth map is anything like correct.

So you can keep harping on what your
"physical condition, the physical state of earth shows us" till the cows come home
it won't affect what I believe and I'm afraid of no great truths that you are likely to bring up.

What I see fits perfectly with what I would expect the see on a huge globe.
  • The sun rises from and sets behind the horizon.

• Even the clouds seem to me to disappear behind the horizon, not just fade into the distance.

• The sun stays the same size from rising to setting.

• The constellations are always the same shape and size, wherever there are in the night sky.

• The sea-sky horizon is usually sharp and doesn't simply fade into the distance.

• The distance to the sea-sky horizon changes, even with quite a small change in elevation.

These things I can see myself with little assistance, though a camera helps.

Yes, the earth is certainly a huge Globe, as has been known for over 2,000 years.

It's so funny that you have to pretend that a huge number of people are lying to prop up your fiction.
I think that it is much easier to accept that you are confused, and these people are quite truthful.
After all, they have been saying it for millennia before you came on the scene.

« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2017, 08:22:49 PM »
Speaking of hurricanes, can you prove the Earth is a motionless disk using only this video?

« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
Observer, what is in space that our atmosphere would no protect us from?  You keep saying step outside the vehicle.  When you do that you hit the atmosphere.  That's what you are feeling.  So what kind of atmosphere is there in space that we should feel?

So you can't answer.  That's what I thought.  Until you can answer statement that the atmosphere can't protect us is meaningless. 

« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2017, 01:52:51 AM »

If you are at 6, and the ship is halfway behind the horizon (to you) at 12, then the person at 3 should be able to see it fine.  It's about 30 percent closer to them than it is to you.

If they face the ship they will see it from the starboard stern side and it will be chugging away from them at 45 degrees from their line of sight.  If they look directly to their left they should be able to see you, at the same distance from them as the ship.

I'm sure those at 3 and 9 o'clock will see the ship just fine, but will they see it sailing along a flat horizon, or going over a curvature? Answer the question, and leave your globbly goop for the weak minded.

« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2017, 01:54:40 AM »

So you can't answer.  That's what I thought.  Until you can answer statement that the atmosphere can't protect us is meaningless.

The atmosphere protecting us is your claim, prove it!

« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2017, 01:58:56 AM »
Speaking of hurricanes, can you prove the Earth is a motionless disk using only this video?

Yep, storms will not traveling west in an atmosphere moving east at 1,000 MPH. The moving atmosphere will drag the clouds with it. Start applying some common sense. Oh yeah, that's right, sense is no longer common!

« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2017, 02:09:28 AM »
Please, what does looking at a fabricated globe prove?
Take me out into earth's nature, and let's look at what the physical condition, the physical state of earth shows us, or does that scare you too much?
It does not scare me in the slightest.
I've driven long distances around Australia. Enough to know for sure that no pretend flat earth map is anything like correct.

So you can keep harping on what your
"physical condition, the physical state of earth shows us" till the cows come home
it won't affect what I believe and I'm afraid of no great truths that you are likely to bring up.

What I see fits perfectly with what I would expect the see on a huge globe.
  • The sun rises from and sets behind the horizon.

• Even the clouds seem to me to disappear behind the horizon, not just fade into the distance.

• The sun stays the same size from rising to setting.

• The constellations are always the same shape and size, wherever there are in the night sky.

• The sea-sky horizon is usually sharp and doesn't simply fade into the distance.

• The distance to the sea-sky horizon changes, even with quite a small change in elevation.

These things I can see myself with little assistance, though a camera helps.

Yes, the earth is certainly a huge Globe, as has been known for over 2,000 years.

It's so funny that you have to pretend that a huge number of people are lying to prop up your fiction.
I think that it is much easier to accept that you are confused, and these people are quite truthful.
After all, they have been saying it for millennia before you came on the scene.

"it won't affect what I believe"

Then why are you here protecting your beliefs? The fact is, you cannot support your erroneous beliefs using earth physical condition, so you must invent excuse after excuse after excuse.

"it is much easier to accept that you are confused,"

Yep, much easier than admitting I'm right, right? I'm a troll, I'm confused, I'm a retard, I'm using a logical fallacy, anything, and I mean anything to block out what I have PROVEN! The earth is a motionless plane. You could not refute what I claim the videos show, and you cannot use earth's physical condition to support the defunct claims of a spinning speeding globe. I'm sure the kick in the gut is the fact NASA gives you fakes, they lie to you, and the liver shot is the realization you swallowed it like Jerry Jones' koolaid! 

« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2017, 02:09:28 AM »

Protecting us from what?  The idea that we should feel the movement of the earth is your claim.  The idea that we need protecting from some kind of space atmosphere is your claim.  The idea that the earth is flat, ignoring the evidence of sunrise, sunset, sun and moon staying the same size throughout their cycle, is your claim.  Prove it.
My claim is that there is nothing in space we need protecting from, aside from the occasional meteor which mostly burn up in, wait for it, the atmosphere.
So until you can answer what we are supposed to need protecting from, your claim about being outside the vessel is meaningless.

« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2017, 02:16:37 AM »

Protecting us from what?  The idea that we should feel the movement of the earth is your claim.  The idea that we need protecting from some kind of space atmosphere is your claim.  The idea that the earth is flat, ignoring the evidence of sunrise, sunset, sun and moon staying the same size throughout their cycle, is your claim.  Prove it.
My claim is that there is nothing in space we need protecting from, aside from the occasional meteor which mostly burn up in, wait for it, the atmosphere.
So until you can answer what we are supposed to need protecting from, your claim about being outside the vessel is meaningless.

"The idea that we should feel the movement of the earth is your claim."

Yep, sure is.

People on a moving platform:

People standing on earth:

Quite the difference, hey?

Water on a spinning object:

Water on earth:

Water in a rotating container:

Water on earth:

Case closed!

« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2017, 02:25:19 AM »

"Protecting us from what?"

My gawd, you'll don't know about the experiments conducted that inspired Einstein to invent his pages of excuses, do you? I have dropped 6 hints in this thread about what my next thread will be about, but none of you have a clue, do ya?

You'll will need some pretty powerful aether when we get done with that thread, I gaa-run-tee ya!

« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2017, 02:28:29 AM »
And here he goes again.
Ignoring the post that proved him wrong or that Show him ways how to prove him wrong very easy.
Only showing Videos that not even Show that he is right.
They only Show how ignorant and extremly closed minded he is.

All these Videos are already explained that they do absolutely not support his point.

Physical observer: all your claim are disproven .
Case closed.

?

Kami

« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2017, 02:34:41 AM »
My gawd, you'll don't know about the experiments conducted that inspired Einstein to invent his pages of excuses, do you? I have dropped 6 hints in this thread about what my next thread will be about, but none of you have a clue, do ya?

You'll will need some pretty powerful aether when we get done with that thread, I gaa-run-tee ya!
Get on with that! Looking forward to it!

JackBlack

« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2017, 02:40:44 AM »
I'm sure those at 3 and 9 o'clock will see the ship just fine, but will they see it sailing along a flat horizon, or going over a curvature? Answer the question, and leave your globbly goop for the weak minded.
Assuming the horizon is around the middle of the clock, and the ship starts at 6 and heads towards 12, they will see it rise up from the horizon, then set on the other side.

It needing to protect us is your claim.
It being unable to is your claim.
The burden of proof is on you.
Yep, storms will not traveling west in an atmosphere moving east at 1,000 MPH.
That's right, they just travel less than 1000 MPH east resulting in them appearing to move west.
Regardless, that says nothing about that video.

The moving atmosphere will drag the clouds with it. Start applying some common sense. Oh yeah, that's right, sense is no longer common!
So now you admit the atmosphere moves with it and thus you shouldn't feel it?

The fact is, you cannot support your erroneous beliefs using earth physical condition, so you must invent excuse after excuse after excuse.
Nope. The fact is we can support our correct beliefs using Earth's physical condition and evidence from elsewhere, while you need to invent excuse after excuse for why it can't be right.

Yep, much easier than admitting I'm right, right? I'm a troll, I'm confused, I'm a retard, I'm using a logical fallacy, anything, and I mean anything to block out what I have PROVEN!
You have proven nothing.
What you are claiming goes against observable reality, so yes, it is much easier to claim those things about you than accepting that reality contradicts itself.

The earth is a motionless plane.
Yes, you keep claiming that, but you are yet to prove it.

You could not refute what I claim the videos show
We did, repeatedly. You were unable to deal with our refutations at all except dismiss them as gloobly goop.

and you cannot use earth's physical condition to support the defunct claims of a spinning speeding globe.
No, we can, and have.
You can't use it to support a flat stationary Earth.

"The idea that we should feel the movement of the earth is your claim."

Yep, sure is.

People on a moving platform:
No. People moving relative to the air, on a jerky platform.
Nothing like Earth.
The same applies to the rest of your bullshit.
You are not comparing it to anything like what Earth is meant to be.

Case closed!
Yep, case closed. You are full of shit and completely unable to refute the fact that Earth is a spinning globe, and you know it because you continue to use false comparisons.

Yes, you have dropped hints that you will be making a next thread, including in the previous thread, about what Earth is supposedly travelling through.

If you are appealing to the aether, then you are wasting your time, as aether is a load of bullshit.
You are also ignoring the alleged properties of aether. One was that it has 0 friction. That means it would exert no force on an object moving through it.

So again, WHAT DOES EARTH NEED PROTECTING FROM?
If you can't answer that, then you have no case for us allegedly needing to be protected or otherwise feeling the force of the motion.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2017, 02:42:32 AM »

Yep, storms will not traveling west in an atmosphere moving east at 1,000 MPH. The moving atmosphere will drag the clouds with it. Start applying some common sense. Oh yeah, that's right, sense is no longer common!

Yes, such good advice, you should "Start applying some common sense."
As has been explained to you numerous times, the atmosphere in general moves with the earth.
There is simply nothing to stop it being "dragged" along with the rotating earth, so why do you keep repeating the same rubbish.

Yet you still claim that "storms will not travel west in an atmosphere moving east at 1,000 MPH".
The atmosphere does not move "east at 1,000 MPH" relative to the earth.
And you have shown no reason why the atmosphere would not move with the earth.
Not only that, you seem to be hung up on your magic 1,000 MPH, but in reality, it is:
1040 mph at the equator, 900 mph at 30° latitude and 520 mph at 60° latitude.
So, how do you like them apples?

« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2017, 02:45:46 AM »
The difference between velocity and acceleration and their respective effects seems a little too difficult for some people to comprehend.

I'll try again.

We don't notice the movement of the earth because, even though it is around 1000 MPH it is a nearly constant velocity and the atmosphere moves with us. If that 1000 MPH were in a straight line it would be a constant velocity and would be undetectable. Because we are turning, the velocity is constantly changing. (only in direction though not in speed)It is this turn which we should technically be able to detect but since we are only turning 15 degrees an hour we can't really detect it.
If it was turning at 15 degrees per hour do you think you would be able to detect it?

Yeah but gravity. Yeah but centripetal force. Yeah but it's a reference frame. Yeah but atmosphere and solid, plus water all follow a set pattern.
Yeah but magic is real even though we can never ever witness it, unless we accept men feigning it.

Have you ever flown in a plane? Were you able to get up and walk around without sliding everywhere even though you weren't bolted down?

And you don't need atmosphere to drag you along. You're already moving at the Earth's rotational speed so no force is needed to keep you moving that speed, except a force to pull you down (gravity) and to cancel out the coriolis forces (which are so small that you don't even notice their contribution to the shear stress on your shoes when you walk around).

"You're already moving at the Earth's rotational speed..."

Then why does the ground feel motionless? If the atmosphere is being dragged along by earth's surface by friction, where are the physical clues/signs/evidence from earth's physical condition that supports that claim? If the atmosphere is being dragged along by friction, then the atmosphere cannot be at the same speed as the surface of earth, it would always drag behind.

Storms cross the equator all the time, and I provided a video of a storm hitting New Zealand, and a storm hitting Japan, and both storms were rotating in the same direction. You need to stop getting your information from the Discount Vendor.

« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2017, 02:49:15 AM »

Yes, such good advice, you should "Start applying some common sense."
As has been explained to you numerous times, the atmosphere in general moves with the earth.
There is simply nothing to stop it being "dragged" along with the rotating earth, so why do you keep repeating the same rubbish.

Yet you still claim that "storms will not travel west in an atmosphere moving east at 1,000 MPH".
The atmosphere does not move "east at 1,000 MPH" relative to the earth.
And you have shown no reason why the atmosphere would not move with the earth.
Not only that, you seem to be hung up on your magic 1,000 MPH, but in reality, it is:
1040 mph at the equator, 900 mph at 30° latitude and 520 mph at 60° latitude.
So, how do you like them apples?

"The atmosphere does not move "east at 1,000 MPH" relative to the earth."

Now the atmosphere is not moving, GOOD GAWD, you'll need to get on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So, how do you like them apples?"

You have sour grapes confused with apples!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2017, 03:06:29 AM »

"The atmosphere does not move "east at 1,000 MPH" relative to the earth."

Now the atmosphere is not moving, GOOD GAWD, you'll need to get on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So, how do you like them apples?"

You have sour grapes confused with apples!
Learning a bit of reading comprehension would help.

Saying that "The atmosphere does not move 'east at 1,000 MPH' relative to the earth" is not saying that "atmosphere is not moving".

What it says is simply that "The atmosphere does not move east at 1,000 MPH". So please learn to read!

What I said did not preclude the atmosphere moving due to surface winds and storms.

So please go back, read the post again and answer what is says.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2017, 03:48:46 AM »

Storms cross the equator all the time, and I provided a video of a storm hitting New Zealand, and a storm hitting Japan, and both storms were rotating in the same direction. You need to stop getting your information from the Discount Vendor.
It certainly looks as though "getting . . . . information from the Discount Vendor" is a lot more factual than your source, Mr physical observer!

Tropical "storms" do not "cross the equator all the time".
By "tropical storms" we mean severe storms caused by deep low-pressure weather systems, known as cyclones, hurricanes or typhoons.
Their rotation is caused by the Coriolis Effect, which is extremely small near the equator.

But don't you ever learn? You tried this same misinformation in
and got shot down there.

But, here it is again:

You should have twigged when I said "Get your facts right! No hurricane has ever hit New Zealand!"

I do believe that if you really check up on that picture (say do a Google search) that it is not a photo of any Typhoon hitting New Zealand.
Just right click the image and select "Search Google for image", and you get "Best guess for this image: typhon phanfone"!

Your photo
Mis-labelled as "New Zealand Biggest Storm"

Typhoon Phanfone (2014) - Wikipedia
Typhoon Phanfone at peak strength . . . . . . . . on October 3

The photo of Typhoon Phanfone  is cropped from Phanfone_2014-10-03_0155Z_full.jpg to match the size of your image. Typhoon Phanfone areas affected were Mariana Islands, Japan, Alaska.

Do they look identical? Clearly your image was of Typhone Phanfone on 2014-10-03 and was no typhoon hitting New Zealand!

I have no idea who CDNS Your News Wire are but they are 100% wrong with that image!

It's about time that you learnt that the internet contains almost the sum-total of human knowledge and the sum-total of mis-information!

Better luck next time Mr Physical Observer! But, just remember, the rotating Globe works, the Flat Earth does not work.

Sorry about all the emphasis, but I need something to hammer this stuff into your head.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:19:49 PM by rabinoz »