Bet you can't do it!

• 406 Replies
Re: Bet you can't do it!
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
Didn't I tell you'll you won't be able to use earth's physical condition{expressed in the many videos I linked}, to support a spinning speeding ball? Now you are down to hiding in fake scientific globbly goop.

The spherical earth idea is DEAD! People are becoming wise to "fake-stories"!
They sure are becoming wise to "fake-stories"!
     Like pretending that the earth is flat when it has been known to be a sphere for 2,500 years.
     Like pretending that the earth is flat when no-one has a "flat earth model" that comes close to explaining the earth we observe.

But as for the spherical earth idea being DEAD! I'm afraid you've proved nothing with your fake proofs and fake videos.

You sure it is not you pretending the earth is a spinning speeding ball? Do you call my videos fake because they do not support your defunct beliefs?

Here's your chance, using this video of a calm lake, prove the earth is a spinning speeding ball, BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!

Again, no one is claiming you can.
The simple fact is the video cannot distinguish between a slowly spinning speeding massive ball and a flat stationary plane.
Try to use the video to prove Earth is flat and motionless. BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!

I have already conclusively demonstrated that the apparent acceleration from Earth's rotation is not noticeable, and an appropriate scale model (which keeps the acceleration the same) would be a ball with a radius of 6.371 cm spinning with a tangential velocity of 0.1 MPH. So do you have a video of such a ball spinning at such a speed (or less)? Or only the tiny ball spinning really really fast making it incomparable to Earth's rotation?

Please, using this video of earth's physical condition, what we humans experience on earth, support the earth is a spinning speeding ball, BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, if the earth surface is moving at 1,000 MPH, and we are speeding at 1.8 million MPH, there should be physical clues/signs/evidence of that from earth's physical state, right?

If you can't do it, then go away, stop responding, and we'll let the thread die. But I'll never let you forget it!

« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »
And he still won't answer where the 1.8M mph data comes from. Just like he won't answer it this time.
Still waiting....

Combined from speeding around the sun, and speeding through space, ALLEGDEDLY!!!!!!

Go ahead, using this video of earth, please support we are spinning and speeding on a ball, BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!

« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »
I see Physical Observer is still continuing with his logical fallacy.

Is that what it is now? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is another chance. Using the video of earth's physical condition, prove the earth is a spinning speeding ball:

and i tell you again the surface of that water is not flat it is curved with an radius of appr. 6300km.
prove to me that the surface is flat. you know the how accurate you have to measure. i told you before.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »
I mean, if the earth surface is moving at 1,000 MPH, and we are speeding at 1.8 million MPH, there should be physical clues/signs/evidence of that from earth's physical state, right?

You are coming to incorrect conclusions because you are basing them on false premises.

The videos you posted do not tell us much one way or the other about the shape or movements of the earth. You are a priori stating that they do, and on that basis declaring the earth to be stationary.

It's an obvious logical fallacy. I would encourage you to consider this before posting anything more and embarrassing yourself further.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »
And he still won't answer where the 1.8M mph data comes from. Just like he won't answer it this time.
Still waiting....

Combined from speeding around the sun, and speeding through space, ALLEGDEDLY!!!!!!

Go ahead, using this video of earth, please support we are spinning and speeding on a ball, BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!

You just combined the numbers? What numbers, and what sources for these numbers? You've claimed it repeatedly, so you must have these numbers handy.

?

frenat

« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2017, 02:40:31 PM »
Still waiting....

You just combined the numbers? What numbers, and what sources for these numbers? You've claimed it repeatedly, so you must have these numbers handy.

Betting his source is a youtube video that pulled it from another youtube video, etc.

« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
Still waiting....

Yeah, every time I use MPH numbers, it always becomes an issue, and I'm shown a whole new set of numbers. Please, how fast is the earth traveling around the sun, and how fast is the earth traveling through space. I'll use whatever numbers you give me, because I know they'll be ridicules anyway!

Anyway, using the video showing earth's physical state, please support a spinning speeding globe for earth:

And you thought you were going to be so clever with your simple diversion!

« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2017, 02:53:36 PM »

You are coming to incorrect conclusions because you are basing them on false premises.

The videos you posted do not tell us much one way or the other about the shape or movements of the earth. You are a priori stating that they do, and on that basis declaring the earth to be stationary.

It's an obvious logical fallacy. I would encourage you to consider this before posting anything more and embarrassing yourself further.

"basing them on false premises."

If that is the case, then please support a spinning speeding earth with this video of earth's physical condition, should be easy to do, right:

Why do you'll need to accuse me of this, or saying I'm doing that? Is it because you cannot support a spinning speeding ball earth using earth itself? So of course, you have to shot me down someway, right? Well buckies, you brought a spit-ball straw to a tank battle!

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2017, 03:05:48 PM »
If that is the case, then please support a spinning speeding earth with this video of earth's physical condition, should be easy to do, right:

No. That is another false premise - Or actually it's the same one in different packaging.

It's fine if you like to do this kind of thing but why don't you find a different topic to gnaw on? This is getting kind of boring.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:07:29 PM by Boots »

« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »
I see Physical Observer is still continuing with his logical fallacy.

Is that what it is now? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is another chance. Using the video of earth's physical condition, prove the earth is a spinning speeding ball:

Sun remains the same size as it rises and rises too fast for flat Earth.  That was easy.

« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2017, 07:16:56 PM »
Didn't I tell you'll you won't be able to use earth's physical condition{expressed in the many videos I linked}, to support a spinning speeding ball? Now you are down to hiding in fake scientific globbly goop.

The spherical earth idea is DEAD! People are becoming wise to "fake-stories"!
They sure are becoming wise to "fake-stories"!
     Like pretending that the earth is flat when it has been known to be a sphere for 2,500 years.
     Like pretending that the earth is flat when no-one has a "flat earth model" that comes close to explaining the earth we observe.

But as for the spherical earth idea being DEAD! I'm afraid you've proved nothing with your fake proofs and fake videos.

You sure it is not you pretending the earth is a spinning speeding ball? Do you call my videos fake because they do not support your defunct beliefs?

Here's your chance, using this video of a calm lake, prove the earth is a spinning speeding ball, BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!

Again, no one is claiming you can.
The simple fact is the video cannot distinguish between a slowly spinning speeding massive ball and a flat stationary plane.
Try to use the video to prove Earth is flat and motionless. BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!

I have already conclusively demonstrated that the apparent acceleration from Earth's rotation is not noticeable, and an appropriate scale model (which keeps the acceleration the same) would be a ball with a radius of 6.371 cm spinning with a tangential velocity of 0.1 MPH. So do you have a video of such a ball spinning at such a speed (or less)? Or only the tiny ball spinning really really fast making it incomparable to Earth's rotation?

Please, using this video of earth's physical condition, what we humans experience on earth, support the earth is a spinning speeding ball, BET YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't do it, then go away, stop responding, and we'll let the thread die. But I'll never let you forget it!
Wrong.  Speed is relative.  We are moving at a thousand miles an hour relative to what?  The earth is moving at the same speed we are, and the atmosphere is.  What physical signs would you expect to see when things are moving at the same speed?  Do you see signs of movement in your car?  Does you coffee cup go slamming to the back seat at 60 mph as you're driving down the highway?  No?  Then your point is invalid.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:21:14 PM by Badxtoss »

« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »

No. That is another false premise - Or actually it's the same one in different packaging.

It's fine if you like to do this kind of thing but why don't you find a different topic to gnaw on? This is getting kind of boring.

Seconded.

You cannot prove (or disprove) any theorum if you arbitrarily narrow the field of evidence.

This is nonsense (especially give the answers already provided).

JackBlack

« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2017, 11:41:47 PM »

How about you use it to prove Earth is stationary and flat? I BET YOU CAN'T!!!
If you can't do it, then go away, stop responding and we'll let the thread die, but we won't let you forget it.

No. As people have repeatedly pointed out, there should not be any clues of Earth's linear motion expressed in its physical state. There will be when you look external to Earth, such as looking at the stars and observing relative motion, but even then, the linear speed is only measurable with very accurate tools.

What you can see signs of is Earth's rotation, but that still requires very large scale things, like large scale weather patterns or things which persist for long times like Foucault's pendulum.

You would not expect any signs of Earth's motion in those videos.
This has been pointed out and explained to you in detail many times and you are yet to refute it. Instead you just put up videos showing things that are nothing like Earth.

Like people have asked repeatedly, what signs are you expecting and why?

If you are unable to explain it, you cannot prove Earth is stationary or flat with your videos.
And remember, you can't just use a general case, you need to use a specific case which matches Earth.
You need to tell us exactly what you would expect on a sphere with a radius of 6371 km that is rotating at a rate of 15 degrees an hour and flying through the vacuum of space. If you wish to claim space isn't a vacuum, then tell us what matter is there and what effect it should have.

And what do you think those speeds are and what are your sources for those numbers?

Yeah, every time I use MPH numbers, it always becomes an issue, and I'm shown a whole new set of numbers. Please, how fast is the earth traveling around the sun, and how fast is the earth traveling through space. I'll use whatever numbers you give me, because I know they'll be ridicules anyway!
Nope. Nothing ridiculous about them, as Earth isn't moving through air and instead is moving on an astronomical scale.
Earth's speed around the sun is roughly 30 km/s
That is roughly 67 500 miles per hour.
The suns speed around the galactic centre is ~220 km/s, which is roughly 495 000 miles per hour.

"basing them on false premises."

Again, that is a false premise.
It shouldn't be easy to do as a video like that cannot distinguish between them.

Why do you'll need to accuse me of this, or saying I'm doing that? Is it because you cannot support a spinning speeding ball earth using earth itself? So of course, you have to shot me down someway, right? Well buckies, you brought a spit-ball straw to a tank battle!
No. It is because you are doing that.
That post is it again.
We cannot use the videos you have provided. That doesn't mean we cannot do it using Earth itself. We have and you have ignored it.

Regardless, you are still then coming to a conclusion (or at least implying it) that Earth is flat and stationary based on an alleged lack of people being able to do otherwise.
That isn't how it works. You would need to provide evidence for Earth being flat and stationary, which requires showing it is capable of distinguishing between the 2, so you need to distinguish between 0 speed, and any non-zero speed.
You need to distinguish between 0 curvature and any curvature, including very slight curvature.
But you can't.

JackBlack

« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:33 PM »
I gave you the option of going over it point by point, but you just dismissed it.

Would you like to try again?
The three points were:
Earth is spinning (specifically at a rate of 15 degrees an hour).
Earth is round (specifically with a radius of 6371 km).
Earth (and everything on it) is moving through space at some speed.

Previously you started with spinning. Did you want to try that again?
I showed you the acceleration required to remain in a circular path, even at the equator is only a mere 0.03 m/s^2. Gravity (or whatever else you wish to claim holds us to Earth) provides over 300 times this, so you wouldn't be expecting anything to go flying off into space from this rotation.
I showed that if you want to compare this to a small object, such as a ball with a radius of 6.371 cm, then you need to scale the rotation, such that the surface of the ball would be going at 0.1 miles per hour (0.16 km/hr or 4.444 cm / s ) the period would become 8.64 seconds.
Compare it to a ball spinning much much faster is just dishonest crap which doesn't disprove Earth spinning at all.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2017, 01:18:47 AM »
MPH can only be measured with respect to what's happening on Earth.
A speed of over 1000 mph is simply what it says. It's a speed of 1000 mph.
All we have to do is to find out how many things go at 1000 mph, or more and then understand that we, as humans should be moving at that speed.

It doesn't matter whether it's told that the Earth spins only once in 24 hours and that makes its rotation very slow. The fact we are told about MPH means exactly what it says...to us....so therefore we expect to move at that speed with feet firmly planted on the deck.

The argument of the atmosphere moving in unison with the supposed ball rendering us unable to feel the motion, is total and utter nonsensical clap trap but most people are duped into believing it actually makes sense.
They believe it makes sense because of no other reason than being told about riding in cars, trains, or planes, in supposed sealed units that saunter through atmosphere and yet we supposedly do not feel the motion.

The reality is, if we were spinning on a ball we would be under what's known as centrifugal force, or would have except that the laws have changed on that and it's basically became a fictional force, where the real force is now, centripetal force, or an inward force.

The changes are due to people using common sense and realising that this outward slinging force should be slinging us off this supposed planet and yet it doesn't because it's changed to centripetal force. An inward force that stops us being slung into so called space.

People are all too willing to abandon basic common sense and clear and observable, repeatable experiments proving a physical,w here this rotation occurs and also the MPH which we all observe as a man made speed.

So instead of adhering to a thought process of a car, train, bus or plane going in a near straight direction, think of it doing a turn around a circular road, track or sky, because we all know that even the slightest movement away from centre results in a force in the same direction for anyone being part of that scenario.

Ok, so the silly arguments are us being spun with atmosphere and also solid ground, as well as water.
We physically know that water and atmosphere do not follow the example of the so called spin rotation but apparently, this is an atmosphere within an atmosphere, if you can get your head around it.

Take us outside of the so called ball into so called space with so called satellites being slung around the Earth and following the exact MPH of the Earth spin, as we are told. These so called satellites being around 23,000 miles away from Earth, as we are told. In geo-sync with Earth and yet under no influence of the atmosphere of Earth and yet they are still on the inward centripetal force, or the inward force, or to put it more simpler....they are held by the magical string attached from Earth into so called space orbit of it.

To make it even easier, we have to believe that a satellite like this, is like a person holding a hammer in the Olympics and swinging it around as he/she follows it around.
The magical string. The invisible nonsense that is battered into people's brains as realistic.

Nobody gives any thought to how they tell us that space crafts that get sent to so called moons and mars do this speed/acceleration around the Earth and then sling shots onto a trajectory towards whatever planet they tell us.

The issue is, has anyone ever thought about the sling shot?
We can see it work on Earth with the hammer thrower. We can see when he/she lets go, it takes a set direction.

What is a rocket doing after being released from the solid deck into the atmosphere and then supposedly through it at an angle?

It's accelerating around a supposed globe and held on by this imaginary string force. It circles the Earth however many times and gains speed.
From this point on it has to snap the imaginary string force keeping it attached to Earth, only this time it's not acting like the hammer thrower and his/her hammer, because it isn't in geo-sync.
It's actually moving many many times faster than the supposed Earth's rotation, as if it's string was attached to Earth in a groove like a so called malfunctioning yo-yo that allows the string to keep circling without being wound in or out.

The issue is, how does the string snap to set the rocket into motion away from Earth?
Does someone tap the brake pedal?
A quick puff of aerosol?
A quick side blast of super fire thrust?

How does this happen that can be thought of as anything even remotely looking like realistic.

Observable it is not. Repeatable it is obviously not.
The story tellers of sci-fi that fools the gullible of which we all are.

Sometimes being gullible is the easiest option, but it's not an option that a person takes willingly, because nobody likes to think they are gullible, although deep down they know they do succumb to it many times, which does go for all people.

The strongest people are those that are willing to eradicate some of their naivety for sucker stories.
The way to do that is to actually go through each story told and look for potential flaws in it.

All people have to remember is, the magical stuff that we see in so called space and what not, were all the imagination of sci-fi writers/story tellers and brought to life by the special effects teams and narrators.

To find out the difference between star trek and star wars, or Apollo to the moon or spaceX to mars, you need to re-read the story-lines and you need to look into your own mind to actually set it to a comfortable stance of seeing the bigger picture after every re-read.

?

sir_awesome123

• proud NASA shill
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2017, 02:30:56 AM »
A speed of over 1000 mph is simply what it says. It's a speed of 1000 mph.
All we have to do is to find out how many things go at 1000 mph, or more and then understand that we, as humans should be moving at that speed.

It doesn't matter whether it's told that the Earth spins only once in 24 hours and that makes its rotation very slow. The fact we are told about MPH means exactly what it says...to us....so therefore we expect to move at that speed with feet firmly planted on the deck.

The argument of the atmosphere moving in unison with the supposed ball rendering us unable to feel the motion, is total and utter nonsensical clap trap but most people are duped into believing it actually makes sense.
They believe it makes sense because of no other reason than being told about riding in cars, trains, or planes, in supposed sealed units that saunter through atmosphere and yet we supposedly do not feel the motion.

The reality is, if we were spinning on a ball we would be under what's known as centrifugal force, or would have except that the laws have changed on that and it's basically became a fictional force, where the real force is now, centripetal force, or an inward force.

The changes are due to people using common sense and realising that this outward slinging force should be slinging us off this supposed planet and yet it doesn't because it's changed to centripetal force. An inward force that stops us being slung into so called space.

People are all too willing to abandon basic common sense and clear and observable, repeatable experiments proving a physical,w here this rotation occurs and also the MPH which we all observe as a man made speed.

So instead of adhering to a thought process of a car, train, bus or plane going in a near straight direction, think of it doing a turn around a circular road, track or sky, because we all know that even the slightest movement away from centre results in a force in the same direction for anyone being part of that scenario.

Ok, so the silly arguments are us being spun with atmosphere and also solid ground, as well as water.
We physically know that water and atmosphere do not follow the example of the so called spin rotation but apparently, this is an atmosphere within an atmosphere, if you can get your head around it.

Take us outside of the so called ball into so called space with so called satellites being slung around the Earth and following the exact MPH of the Earth spin, as we are told. These so called satellites being around 23,000 miles away from Earth, as we are told. In geo-sync with Earth and yet under no influence of the atmosphere of Earth and yet they are still on the inward centripetal force, or the inward force, or to put it more simpler....they are held by the magical string attached from Earth into so called space orbit of it.

To make it even easier, we have to believe that a satellite like this, is like a person holding a hammer in the Olympics and swinging it around as he/she follows it around.
The magical string. The invisible nonsense that is battered into people's brains as realistic.

Nobody gives any thought to how they tell us that space crafts that get sent to so called moons and mars do this speed/acceleration around the Earth and then sling shots onto a trajectory towards whatever planet they tell us.

We can see it work on Earth with the hammer thrower. We can see when he/she lets go, it takes a set direction.

What is a rocket doing after being released from the solid deck into the atmosphere and then supposedly through it at an angle?

It's accelerating around a supposed globe and held on by this imaginary string force. It circles the Earth however many times and gains speed.
From this point on it has to snap the imaginary string force keeping it attached to Earth, only this time it's not acting like the hammer thrower and his/her hammer, because it isn't in geo-sync.
It's actually moving many many times faster than the supposed Earth's rotation, as if it's string was attached to Earth in a groove like a so called malfunctioning yo-yo that allows the string to keep circling without being wound in or out.

The issue is, how does the string snap to set the rocket into motion away from Earth?
A quick puff of aerosol?

How does this happen that can be thought of as anything even remotely looking like realistic.

Sometimes being gullible is the easiest option, but it's not an option that a person takes willingly, because nobody likes to think they are gullible, although deep down they know they do succumb to it many times, which does go for all people.

The strongest people are those that are willing to eradicate some of their naivety for sucker stories.
The way to do that is to actually go through each story told and look for potential flaws in it.

All people have to remember is, the magical stuff that we see in so called space and what not, were all the imagination of sci-fi writers/story tellers and brought to life by the special effects teams and narrators.

To find out the difference between star trek and star wars, or Apollo to the moon or spaceX to mars, you need to re-read the story-lines and you need to look into your own mind to actually set it to a comfortable stance of seeing the bigger picture after every re-read.

so you are half right, the rotation of the earth is moving us at about a thousand miles an hour. if a set of magical brakes were applied to the earth and we suddenly stopped, it would be like hitting a wall going twice the speed of most airplanes. however velocity isn't detectable using only your senses, you can feel acceleration, but not velocity. which is why pouring wine on airplanes is possible. centrifugal force is a form of acceleration, when a ball rotates; though it has constant velocity, the surface of a ball is constantly changing direction, which is accelerating. be it a marble or a planet; if it makes one rotation a day, the acceleration is the same, however the velocity at the surface increases exponentially with radius.

that being said the rotation of the earth does exert force on you, it's insignificant compared to gravity, but it's there. it is a well documented fact that you weigh less at the equator than you do at the poles. however the change is minuscule at best.

what a dishonest argument, gravity isn't like a string to be snapped. it's more similar to magnetism, except much weaker, it's a force of attraction between objects that fades with distance. with an object as big as the earth that distance is rather significant. i assume you understand how orbits work even if you don't believe in them. a gravity assist is just expanding an orbit until you escape the gravity of whatever you are orbiting.
"hey what are you doing?"
"nothing, just arguing with this dude, he thinks the earth is flat"
"no really, what are you doing?"

JackBlack

« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2017, 03:42:17 AM »
No. It can be measured with respect to many different things.

If you just want to measure speed relative to Earth, in a non-inertial rotating reference frame, then we and Earth are stationary.
But that is just because you are changing the reference frame.

It doesn't matter whether it's told that the Earth spins only once in 24 hours and that makes its rotation very slow.
That depends, are you just focusing on the linear speed, which is undetectable except in reference to another object, or the effects of rotation as well?
If you want to consider the rotation, then you do need to consider our size/just how slow that 1000 MPH is.

The fact we are told about MPH means exactly what it says...to us....so therefore we expect to move at that speed with feet firmly planted on the deck.
Yes, with the deck and the atmosphere moving with us.

No. It is reality.
If it wasn't, and it was just Earth moving, then friction between the atmosphere and Earth would cause the atmosphere to speed up.

And you are looking at it the wrong way.
It isn't because they are in a shell that they don't feel motion. It is when you are outside the shell, moving relative to the atmosphere, that you do feel it. If the atmosphere is moving with you, you don't feel it.

The centrifugal force is a fictitious force as it is only an apparent force for a non-inertial, rotating reference frame.
It is inertia, not a force, that results in things being flung out of rapidly spinning objects.
The centripetal force is the force that is required to maintain the rotational motion.

And if you bother doing the math, you find out the acceleration required to keep us moving with the surface of Earth, at the equator, is 0.03 m/s^2. Gravity provides over 300 times that force.
As such, we would not expect to be flung off.

Claiming we should be flung off because of centrifugal force is total and utter nonsensical clap trap, because the force is simply far too tiny because of just how slowly Earth rotates.

No. The change is due to people throwing reason and rationality out the window and instead of thinking about it and balancing forces, they just accept this childish bullshit.

The inward force keeping us to the planet is gravity.

No. People seem to be all too willing to abandon basic common sense, reason, rationality and clear and observable, repeatable experiments proving that the rotation does occur, all because of childish nonsense.

Sure, an extremely gradual turn, such that it takes an entire day to complete a circle. Also, just to complete the comparison to Earth, imagine you are being pulled to the inside of that turn by a force more than 300 times that required to keep you following the circle.

No. We know they do, as friction will result in them matching.
However we know that just like many things, it isn't perfect. So instead of spinning at exactly 1000 MPH to match Earth, it may spin slightly slower or faster, resulting in winds.

That is because of how orbits work.
In the case of Satellites, they are distant enough and/or orbiting fast enough such that the centripetal force required to keep it in an orbit is provided pretty much exactly by the attractive force of gravity. (it being non-exact results in an elliptical orbit).
They don't follow the same MPH spin of Earth. Instead they follow the same degrees per hour of Earth (for a geosynchronous one).
So rather than the path of the equator, with a circumference of 40 000 km to traverse in 24 hours (technically 23 hours, 56 minutes ish), resulting in a speed of ~1666 km/hr, the geosynchronous satellites have an orbit with radius of 42164 km, and thus a circumference of 264924 km, resulting in a velocity of ~ 11 039 km/hr, 7 times as fast.

Not quite a string, but quite similar.
Gravity is providing the force which would be provided by the string.
The only nonsense is your rejection of it.

No. FEers don't give it thought, because they can't understand.
People that actually care do.
It is quite simple, they pass close to the planet, enter a hyperbolic or parabolic orbit, use the planets gravity to turn the craft around resulting in a significant change in speed relative to the solar system, but no significant change relative to the planet in question.

Yes, plenty of people have.
It is nothing like the hammer thrower.
You can't just let the string go.

It's accelerating around a supposed globe and held on by this imaginary string force.
No. It is held by this very real gravity.

It circles the Earth however many times and gains speed.

A quick puff of aerosol?
It doesn't, and this is another issue of the string analogy.
The tension in the analogy string gets less and less as the object gets further away until eventually it reaches effectively 0.
The string "snaps" itself as the object moves further away, which is done by either its inertia, or a booster, or some combination of them.

By no longer thinking of it as a string and instead accepting it for what it is.

No. It is quite observable. You can notice how the craft is accelerated less as it is further away.
It is quite repeatable due to the sheer number of times it has been done.

No. Not us all.
You might be a gullible fool that has fallen for the FE bullshit, but not me.
I actually understand these things that have been used to so easily con you.

Which is what I did with FE. I found so many flaws it isn't funny.

Not all. Some was brought to life by real scientists.
Are you going to say cell phones are all just special effects and the like as well?

Well Apollo was based entirely upon technology that they had at the time. It was a real program which actually happened.

Star trek is fictional, it contradicts itself, it is based in the future and has technology we simply don't have.

JackBlack

« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2017, 03:43:35 AM »
Now scepti, do you have anything rational to say on the topic at hand, or just childish nonsense?

Do you have any refutation of the tiny centripetal force required to keep us rotating with Earth?
Do you have a magic way to feel absolute motion?

« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2017, 05:42:31 AM »
here a video for physical observer:

and also i invite you, physical observer, to come to Ontario and check it out. i live here near by Niagara on the Lake and we can drive there and do the observation.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2017, 06:38:06 AM »

I addressed the analogy of driving around a circular track earlier in this thread to demonstrate why physical observer is necessarily trolling us all.  It was ignored.  I suggested thinking of a 1000-mile-wide track, but you know what?  That's not even necessary.

Pick a circular track of ANY size.  Take 24 hours to drive one lap.  Tell me how much centrifugal force you feel pulling you towards the outside of the turn.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2017, 06:56:55 AM »

I addressed the analogy of driving around a circular track earlier in this thread to demonstrate why physical observer is necessarily trolling us all.  It was ignored.  I suggested thinking of a 1000-mile-wide track, but you know what?  That's not even necessary.

Pick a circular track of ANY size.  Take 24 hours to drive one lap.  Tell me how much centrifugal force you feel pulling you towards the outside of the turn.
Yeah, take 24 hours driving at 1000 mph. You neglect to mention this.
I've already mentioned the dishonesty you people use with the one rotation in a day bag of crap.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2017, 07:01:07 AM »

I've already mentioned the dishonesty you people use with the one rotation in a day bag of crap.

This works fine...as long as your track has a 24,000 mile circumference.  We keep making this distinction because it actually is critically important to what we're all discussing here.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2017, 07:19:07 AM »

This works fine...as long as your track has a 24,000 mile circumference.  We keep making this distinction because it actually is critically important to what we're all discussing here.
Give it a 100,000 mile circumference, it's still over 1000 mph for a human being.

« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2017, 07:24:09 AM »

It's not dishonesty at all.  You don't feel the movement when you are sitting on a speeding train, assuming it's path is straight and level, do you?  Even if that train was moving at 1000 mph you would not feel it.  What you feel is acceleration, a change in speed.  So you feel pulled to the side when it goes around a curve.
Now imagine that same train going around a curve so slight that it takes 24 hours to make a complete circle.  That acceleration would have such a tiny affect that you would never notice it compared to gravity pulling on you.
There is nothing dishonest there, and it's easily understood.  And it fits all observable phenomenon.  Round, spinning earth explains sunrise and sunset and how the light hits the top of a mountain first in the morning.  And how the sun and moon stay the same size throughout the day, and how the stars appear to rotate around the earth.
I have not seen a flat earth model that explains these things.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2017, 08:00:21 AM »
The difference between velocity and acceleration and their respective effects seems a little too difficult for some people to comprehend.

I'll try again.

We don't notice the movement of the earth because, even though it is around 1000 MPH it is a nearly constant velocity and the atmosphere moves with us. If that 1000 MPH were in a straight line it would be a constant velocity and would be undetectable. Because we are turning, the velocity is constantly changing. (only in direction though not in speed)It is this turn which we should technically be able to detect but since we are only turning 15 degrees an hour we can't really detect it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »
The difference between velocity and acceleration and their respective effects seems a little too difficult for some people to comprehend.

I'll try again.

We don't notice the movement of the earth because, even though it is around 1000 MPH it is a nearly constant velocity and the atmosphere moves with us. If that 1000 MPH were in a straight line it would be a constant velocity and would be undetectable. Because we are turning, the velocity is constantly changing. (only in direction though not in speed)It is this turn which we should technically be able to detect but since we are only turning 15 degrees an hour we can't really detect it.
Of course we can't detect it. It's because it is absolutely not spinning at all.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2017, 08:17:23 AM »

I'll try again.

Of course we can't detect it. It's because it is absolutely not spinning at all.
If it was turning at 15 degrees per hour do you think you would be able to detect it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »

I'll try again.

If it was turning at 15 degrees per hour do you think you would be able to detect it?
Absolutely at 1000 mph, yep, no doubt about it and not only that but, unless we were bolted to the ground, we would be sliding along it until we go off level, which would be fairly instant and then back to the deck again.
You people really do need to wake up.
Thinking atmosphere drags you along with the solid floor of Earth is not just laughable, it's scary to think people actually believe it after being told about it.

Yeah but gravity. Yeah but centripetal force. Yeah but it's a reference frame. Yeah but atmosphere and solid, plus water all follow a set pattern.
Yeah but magic is real even though we can never ever witness it, unless we accept men feigning it.

Absolutely ridiculous and no amount of so called scientific jargon will change that FACT.

« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »

Give it a 100,000 mile circumference, it's still over 1000 mph for a human being.

but you do not realise that you can only feel a change of speed not the speed directly.
it does not matter how fast you go if there is no change.
as soon there is a change in speed you feel a force that is a result of the speed change, this change is called acceleration.
at circular motion the acceleration is generated by the change of direction, and the change of this direction has a simple relation to the radius of the direction change.
for a very big radius the change of the direction is very little therefor the acting force is very little.
a easy comparison is a car that drives in a circle, if it turns in a big radius, it car go up to a certain speed. the car could not drive with the same speed in a smaller radius. the tires could not transfer the force from the tires to the street.

basic is: speed does not matter, only the change of speed in a certain time matters.
another example: drive your car 50km/h and than brake a little, you speedchange in small therefor it is comfortable.
drive with the same speed into a wall, we all know that this very high speedchange is very uncomfortable.

all that means all this talking about speed is meaningless because the speedchange is always very small.

« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2017, 08:32:48 AM »

Absolutely at 1000 mph, yep, no doubt about it and not only that but, unless we were bolted to the ground, we would be sliding along it until we go off level, which would be fairly instant and then back to the deck again.
You people really do need to wake up.
Thinking atmosphere drags you along with the solid floor of Earth is not just laughable, it's scary to think people actually believe it after being told about it.

Yeah but gravity. Yeah but centripetal force. Yeah but it's a reference frame. Yeah but atmosphere and solid, plus water all follow a set pattern.
Yeah but magic is real even though we can never ever witness it, unless we accept men feigning it.

Absolutely ridiculous and no amount of so called scientific jargon will change that FACT.

the simple basic is that you do not understand basic physics. 99% other people do understand it. should that not give you a clue that you are maybe wrong.
the only way you could convince the 99% that they are wrong is if you present testable evidence.
but you never do that. like you show lots of times before.