Post traumatic election syndrome, are you fffffff kidding me?

• 59 Replies
Re: Post traumatic election syndrome, are you fffffff kidding me?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 05:33:10 AM »
Those participation trophies were for the parents who couldn't stand the thought of their kids not getting validation.

Anyway, I think if someone has PTSD from the election, they probably already had some issues. Some of them might have already suffered from PTSD and the election triggered them (actually triggered, not internet triggered).

"trophies were for the parents"

I'm sure that is true, but it also had a negative effect on the kids. It sure takes away a competitive drive, and they'll need that in adulthood. They'll need a competitive drive just to make self improvements, for it all takes work and determination to improve.

"they probably already had some issues."

Oh, you know that's true! I'm sure it is just another excuse to keep collecting disability. My sister in-law just had her second leg removed due to diabetes, but they will not give her disability because they said her condition was self-induced. I'm going to tell her to scream PTERSS! Post Traumatic Election Results Stress Syndrome! They'll probably move her into a mansion and give her $15,000 a week, hey?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 07:46:58 AM »
I bet that most of the people who are (or were) actually suffering from some type of PTSD from the elections are women who have been sexually assaulted. We did just elect someone who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy! I'm also willing to bet that most of the people claiming "PTES" on the internet are full of shit, and jumping on the trigger warning bandwagon. They were probably already on the trigger warning bandwagon.  There's a weird trigger warning mentality that's been going on for a few years now. These are the people responsible for watering down what PTSD means. Anyone who has PTSD or is close to someone with PTSD knows that in order to have a life, they have to face their triggers, not avoid them at all costs. True story - my brother in law has PTSD from serving in Iraq, one of his big triggers is thunder. When it storms he goes outside and watches it. He battles it every time.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:24 PM »
I bet that most of the people who are (or were) actually suffering from some type of PTSD from the elections are women who have been sexually assaulted. We did just elect someone who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy! I'm also willing to bet that most of the people claiming "PTES" on the internet are full of shit, and jumping on the trigger warning bandwagon. They were probably already on the trigger warning bandwagon.  There's a weird trigger warning mentality that's been going on for a few years now. These are the people responsible for watering down what PTSD means. Anyone who has PTSD or is close to someone with PTSD knows that in order to have a life, they have to face their triggers, not avoid them at all costs. True story - my brother in law has PTSD from serving in Iraq, one of his big triggers is thunder. When it storms he goes outside and watches it. He battles it every time.

Wow.

Truth.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 04:18:56 AM »

"There's a weird trigger warning mentality that's been going on for a few years now."

The direct results of Political Correctness philosophy.

"He battles it every time."

There are many people that go to war, that are not true warriors. A true warrior pushes the blood bath horrors aside, and forgets them. Sounds like it is more than just the clap of thunder eating at your brother. I wish him the best.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 04:51:54 AM »
True story - my brother in law has PTSD from serving in Iraq, one of his big triggers is thunder. When it storms he goes outside and watches it. He battles it every time.

Give him a hug from me.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 05:13:55 AM »
There are many people that go to war, that are not true warriors. A true warrior pushes the blood bath horrors aside, and forgets them. Sounds like it is more than just the clap of thunder eating at your brother. I wish him the best.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Great video on this. In summary: very few can kill (as long as they aren't directly threatened), and those who do either:
Are psychopaths/some other mental defect.
Cares very deeply for their fellow soldiers.
Are conditioned to kill.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 05:15:24 AM »
I am in no way surprised by this intelligent and poignant comment by Master Evar.

Edit, deep down I am an anarchist, I believe the in the good of individual people but not in the good of organisations, there is always the possibility of corruption.

"All power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

I know anarchism would never work in reality however, I am not that naive.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:20:12 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 06:27:59 AM »

It is probably that the sound of thunder reminds him of bombs going off around him.

There were good reasons why there was so much ceremony and ritual surrounding battle in earlier times.  Creating a clear distinction between psychic modes, peacetime and wartime, lets you create different paradigms in yourself to deal with the difficulties of ending another life.  Something like a Haka is just as valuable for entering in to a more vicious reptilian mindset as it is for scaring your enemies.  There are some very valuable things lost in our mystic practices as a race as we embrace rationalism.  I hope we can reintegrate them.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »
Holy shit Rama...

There are some very valuable things lost in our mystic practices as a race as we embrace rationalism.  I hope we can reintegrate them.

I absolutely couldn't agree with you more.

We just call it magick and there are quite a few of us.
I'm anti-judaism.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:54 AM »
I wish I knew who to quote . . .

"Peace is not the absence of war,
peace is the absence of threat."

The sacrifice made by men and women
to stabilize and maintain our Nation over the centuries,
and the debt we owe to them, is beyond words

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2017, 12:33:16 PM »

No, they don't forget, they learn to deal with it. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2017, 01:07:11 PM »

No, they don't forget, they learn to deal with it.

Learn to deal with it, so they can move on with their lives. I suffered much trauma during my childhood, and I learned to put all that in its own little room in my head, and lock it away. That is the only way I could take control of my life. Otherwise, the 'demons' from my past would haunt me terribly. I hope your brother can work through it, it's no way to live.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »
Putting it "in your own little room in your head" is not healthy.

Wear it, it's part of you, not necessarily a bad part.

they don't forget, they learn to deal with it.
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
He deals with it most of the time, but a terrible motorcycle accident kinda kicked it all up again. I imagine he'll be dealing with those demons the rest of his life.

There are lots of people who come home and can't deal, the suicide rate for vets is a tragedy.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2017, 05:50:09 AM »
Another point I could raise is it takes away from real PTSD like watching a mate get murdered or someone getting raped.

You're back into deciding what constitutes real reasons for PTSD.

Let's look at it this way. Suppose I said that, "I don't think that kids should get seizures from watching cartoons. Their seizures come from being raised as special snowflakes and it takes away from people with real seizures."

Well, the seizures are real whether they come from cartoons or not, just as the PTSD is real regardless of what caused it. Now, there may be something in the environment that caused these people to contract PTSD from something that would not cause PTSD in the average person, or perhaps it was something abnormal with their brains. Either way, the same can be said about seizures, they can be brought on by both physiological or physical means. People would be rightfully aghast if a doctor turned away a patient because they didn't think that their seizures came from a real source.

What you are doing is mocking a person who is suffering from a real affiliation with real pain. It's entirely separate from whether or not you think that the reasons for contracting the disorder are legitimate. The human experience is completely subjective based primarily on the structure and composition of your brain, the environment you grew up in, and the environment around you today. The practice of calling someone a snowflake because they contract PTSD from something that's not "real" enough demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of modern healthcare not to mention a gross inability to show compassion.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 05:57:15 AM »
I think Pongo's point, and it's a good one, is that no one asks to get PTSD. If someone legitimately suffers from the disorder due to the election it isn't because "they didn't get what they wanted", it's because the outcome was something terrible that their psyche couldn't process healthily. This specifically requires medical attention. Perhaps they should also receive therapy to determine why their psyche was unable to process the event.

Because they were treated like winners as kids when they were the fffffffffing losers. Now they can't healthily handle being a loser. Because they were rewarded for being losers, they have no idea what it takes to be a winner. I'm telling ya, I'm starting to feel sorry for the losers................dang, I'm glad that past!

Would it not be the fault of the Snowflake Generation's parents for instilling these values and ideals in their children? I ask because it sounds like you're blaming the Snowflake Generation itself. Maybe I read into it wrong.

Also, what were the ages of the people who contracted Post Traumatic Election Syndrome? I don't think it's been stated yet.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:16:00 AM by Pongo »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »
"All power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"
It also rocks absolutely.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 04:41:33 AM »
I think Pongo's point, and it's a good one, is that no one asks to get PTSD. If someone legitimately suffers from the disorder due to the election it isn't because "they didn't get what they wanted", it's because the outcome was something terrible that their psyche couldn't process healthily. This specifically requires medical attention. Perhaps they should also receive therapy to determine why their psyche was unable to process the event.

Because they were treated like winners as kids when they were the fffffffffing losers. Now they can't healthily handle being a loser. Because they were rewarded for being losers, they have no idea what it takes to be a winner. I'm telling ya, I'm starting to feel sorry for the losers................dang, I'm glad that past!

Would it not be the fault of the Snowflake Generation's parents for instilling these values and ideals in their children? I ask because it sounds like you're blaming the Snowflake Generation itself. Maybe I read into it wrong.

Also, what were the ages of the people who contracted Post Traumatic Election Syndrome? I don't think it's been stated yet.

Yeah, the parents are partly to blame, but it is also societal mind conditioning. The Common Core education program has become the values and idea installer for the past several decades. This, give everyone a trophy, is part of that societal mind programming.

"Also, what were the ages of the people who contracted Post Traumatic Election Syndrome?"

You saw them dressed in white at Trump's last speech. You know, the rude ignant liberal cry babies giving the thumps down!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2017, 05:07:05 AM »
Terrible spelling sir. Also, common core was not developed until 2009.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2017, 07:18:07 AM »

But it's so fun to blame things on Common Core!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Yeah, the parents are partly to blame, but it is also societal mind conditioning. The Common Core education program has become the values and idea installer for the past several decades. This, give everyone a trophy, is part of that societal mind programming.

"Also, what were the ages of the people who contracted Post Traumatic Election Syndrome?"

You saw them dressed in white at Trump's last speech. You know, the rude ignant liberal cry babies giving the thumps down!

Would the societal mind programming also be the fault of the parents? To suggest otherwise would imply a very well organized and manipulative group of children constituting, what I assume you believe to be, the bulk of the Millennial Generation.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2017, 05:25:24 PM »
I agree with you Pongo, we are too scared to let our children fail.

IMO the greatest wisdom comes from failure, I can look back on the litany of failure which is my life and say I don't regret any of it, it's made me who I am, and I am a better man for having learned so many hard lessons.

It's important, that we let our kids make their own mistakes, decisions and opinions imo. It's tough on them at the time they fail but otherwise the real world literally "eats them alive" when they try to make it on their own.

Perhaps this is true.

Hard times create strong men (people), strong men (people) create good times, good times create weak men (people) and weak men (people) create hard times?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:28:10 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2017, 01:06:20 AM »

IMO the greatest wisdom comes from failure, I can look back on the litany of failure which is my life and say I don't regret any of it, it's made me who I am, and I am a better man for having learned so many hard lessons.

It's important, that we let our kids make their own mistakes, decisions and opinions imo. It's tough on them at the time they fail but otherwise the real world literally "eats them alive" when they try to make it on their own.

Perhaps this is true.

Hard times create strong men (people), strong men (people) create good times, good times create weak men (people) and weak men (people) create hard times?

Hello Michael, VSauce here:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
From timestamp 16:26, he talks about a predictable cycle in society (the whole video is great, it discusses generations and how each generation thinks of the other):
Stability and conformity -> chaos and individualism -> Fracture into minorities -> Crisis and banding together to solve crisis.
Rinse and repeat.
My interpretation of it:
We have a stable conformist society, where everyone knows what to do and what to expect of each other. However, some people either feel that they don't fit into this conformist society for a number of reasons (a very different personality and ideals from the rest of society, lack of acceptance of any of their (serious) shortcomings from society, a disagreement of some of the rules and/or values in society). Those people will start speaking for individualism and try to make themselves as heard as possible to spread their words, going to some extreme lengths some times. Humans are still social creatures, who likes to be in groups of people they can relate to. The individualism inspires some of those humans to band together in small groups that can adress each of the ideals of as many of the members as possible, so that everyone can feel included, but at the expense of rejecting or figthing against ideals of other groups or of society that doesn't agree with their personal beliefs. Relations between groups worsens, ignites some sort of crisis that inspires people to work together, which teaches them to understand each other and lays the foundation to create a stable and conformist society that integrates new ideals and values of minorities from the earlier stage to keep society stable and prevent another crisis. But then, rinse and repeat.

So right now, we are late in the "Fracture into minorities" stage. We have all sorts of different groups speaking for different ideals, some more radical than others. And in about 2025 it should lead to some crisis, for which we will have to band together in order to solve.

The scared of children failing is probably an individualistic streak - The ideal that each individual should feel accomplished, that each indivudal should feel successfull. Coupled with blaming it partly on different types of social injustices, we get what we have today.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »

My gawd, Charlotte Iserbyt has been warning us about Common Core since the early 80s.

You poison the well, then get your opinion incorrect. Nice job!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »

Perhaps this is true.

And now, his end is near;
And so he faces the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state his case, of which he's certain.

He's lived a life that's full.
He's traveled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
He did it his way.

Regrets, he's had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
He did what he had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

He planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
He did it his way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When he bit off more than he could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
He ate it up and spit it out.
He faced it all and he stood tall;
And did it his way.

He's loved, he's laughed and cried.
He's had his fill; his share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
He finds it all so amusing.

To think he did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"Oh no, oh no not him,
He did it his way".

For what is disputeone, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows he took the blows -
And did it his way!

Yes, it was his way.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 12:13:55 PM »

Would the societal mind programming also be the fault of the parents? To suggest otherwise would imply a very well organized and manipulative group of children constituting, what I assume you believe to be, the bulk of the Millennial Generation.

Most millenials aren't children anymore...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »

Well, maybe not physically.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pezevenk

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »

Well, maybe not physically.

We all know you're an elder here, but don't be so snobbish towards the new generation. Don't forget the older generation was probably as snobbish or even more so towards your generation.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 09:59:59 AM »

Yes, but we are discussing events done to millennials in their childhood.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2017, 12:56:43 PM »
Sorry yeah its been going on for ages.

I don't think the far left really represents the left. Just as the far right doesn't really represent the right.

I should hope not.  The thing to remember about the special snowflakes is they're kids.  They're in college, late teens, early 20s.  When I was that age I said and did things at least as stupid as what they're doing.

Yeah me too.

I am extremely grateful that the internet wasn't really a thing yet when I was young!  :P

I don't feel that old yet.  But every now and then something comes up that young people do that I find completely baffling.  One such thing is teenagers killing themselves because of online bullying.  The reaction is usually hear is, "Down with bullies!!!!1111".  Which is true I guess.  But my first reaction is, "Why are you on a website where people are always telling you to have fun?".

I think some of that might be a bit of social contagion (which is why most media won't go into detail when a young person suicides)... but there are cases where the "bullying" is much more like stalking, and the victims are quite young and unable to cope. The stalking laws haven't quite caught up with the internet yet, so in lots places there is nothing that can be done legally to stop the abuse. The person who is doing the stalking has to break a law before the police can help, and I think a lot of the time the police just think the victim should get off the internet and their problems will be solved.

Well, there is good news regarding Amanda Todd's internet stalker http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/man-accused-of-extortion-of-amanda-todd-sentenced-to-jail-in-netherlands-1.4027293

The Dutch man accused of cyber-bullying Port Coquitlam, B.C., teen Amanda Todd has been sentenced to 10 years and 8 months in prison, in an unrelated but high-profile trial in the Netherlands.

Aydin Coban, 38, was given the sentence by a court in Amsterdam Thursday morning, on charges related to the abuse of 34 young girls and five men.

A court summary shows that Coban was also accused of blackmail, co-perpetration of rape, attempted rape and seduction charges as well as several other child pornography-related offences.

According to the Dutch prosecution office, Coban's victims lived in countries including the Netherlands, Australia, Norway, the U.K.and United States.

Coban is facing five separate charges in Canada in relation to Amanda Todd, including possession of child pornography and extortion. He's set to be extradited after the proceedings in the Netherlands conclude, although he's filed legal appeals to stay in his home country.

Hopefully he'll be extradited to Canada eventually.