Post traumatic election syndrome, are you fffffff kidding me?

• 59 Replies
Post traumatic election syndrome, are you fffffff kidding me?
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:15:36 PM »
Yep, that is what some whinny baby liberals are claiming they have! Seems they don't have enough reasons to get on disability, I guess! Get over it you, "get a trophy for showing up", baby generation. One side wins, the other loses, and the losers in real life get jack-feces! You have under 4 years till the next Presidential Superbowl, and your franchise is in serious shape. You didn't loose because Trump was better, you lost because your candidate, and the whole party with her are horrendous! You better turn your bitterness and anger towards your own party and clean it out, because you ain't winning in four years the way it is!

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
Re: Post traumatic election syndrome, are you fffffff kidding me?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
I am no fan of the "whinny baby liberals" but you have to admit, that's a pretty hilarious one to come up with. I wish I had thought of that!  ;D ;D ;D
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »
Yep, that is what some whinny baby liberals are claiming they have! Seems they don't have enough reasons to get on disability, I guess! Get over it you, "get a trophy for showing up", baby generation. One side wins, the other loses, and the losers in real life get jack-feces! You have under 4 years till the next Presidential Superbowl, and your franchise is in serious shape. You didn't loose because Trump was better, you lost because your candidate, and the whole party with her are horrendous! You better turn your bitterness and anger towards your own party and clean it out, because you ain't winning in four years the way it is!

Grrr... um ...

Actually that's fair and a disturbingly underrated sentiment in the Democratic party.  I hope they get their shit together and stop blaming other people for their problems. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »
I am no fan of the "whinny baby liberals" but you have to admit, that's a pretty hilarious one to come up with. I wish I had thought of that!  ;D ;D ;D

I dang near chocked on my burger when I saw it flash across CNN at the restaurant.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
That's why CNN airs shit like that. They are cable news clickbait.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 04:21:15 PM »
If y'all are waiting for the modern liberal/lefty to take accountability for their own actions, my recommendation would be to not hold your breath for your own safety.

The old school dem would have kicked the modern libs ass by now...And not even paid for their medical bills afterwards.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »
PTSD used to be about being in a life or death situation or seeing a friend die, especially violently.

My friend was stabbed in the chest at a party three years ago, still dream about him trying to breathe. I wouldn't take medication for it tho, it was a traumatic event, dreaming about it is my brains way of processing / rationalizing. Been a few like that.

One of my friends is an old soilder and he has PTSD from seeing a friend standing very close to him getting hit by an RPG, then hiding for weeks trying to avoid a similar fate, also very traumatic.

Now apparently we get PTSD when we don't get our way... ::) ::)

Muh, muh, modern sensibilities.

Come on guys...
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 04:50:35 PM »
Why has this come back up again? They were talking about it in November.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »
Sorry yeah its been going on for ages.

I don't think the far left really represents the left. Just as the far right doesn't really represent the right.
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »
It's just clickbait. Conservatives feel outraged when they hear something stupid about liberals, liberals feel outraged when they hear something stupid about conservatives. The truly outrageous stuff from either side gets ignored because it's not as fun.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 06:59:39 PM »
It's just clickbait. Conservatives feel outraged when they hear something stupid about liberals, liberals feel outraged when they hear something stupid about conservatives. The truly outrageous stuff from either side gets ignored because it's not as fun.

Very astute.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »

I don't think the far left really represents the left. Just as the far right doesn't really represent the right.

I should hope not.  The thing to remember about the special snowflakes is they're kids.  They're in college, late teens, early 20s.  When I was that age I said and did things at least as stupid as what they're doing.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »

I should hope not.  The thing to remember about the special snowflakes is they're kids.  They're in college, late teens, early 20s.  When I was that age I said and did things at least as stupid as what they're doing.

Yeah me too.
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »

Yeah me too.

I am extremely grateful that the internet wasn't really a thing yet when I was young!  :P

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »

Yeah me too.

I am extremely grateful that the internet wasn't really a thing yet when I was young!  :P

I don't feel that old yet.  But every now and then something comes up that young people do that I find completely baffling.  One such thing is teenagers killing themselves because of online bullying.  The reaction is usually hear is, "Down with bullies!!!!1111".  Which is true I guess.  But my first reaction is, "Why are you on a website where people are always telling you to have fun?".

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 09:23:29 AM »

Yeah me too.

I don't feel that old yet.  But every now and then something comes up that young people do that I find completely baffling.  One such thing is teenagers killing themselves because of online bullying.  The reaction is usually hear is, "Down with bullies!!!!1111".  Which is true I guess.  But my first reaction is, "Why are you on a website where people are always telling you to have fun?".

I think some of that might be a bit of social contagion (which is why most media won't go into detail when a young person suicides)... but there are cases where the "bullying" is much more like stalking, and the victims are quite young and unable to cope. The stalking laws haven't quite caught up with the internet yet, so in lots places there is nothing that can be done legally to stop the abuse. The person who is doing the stalking has to break a law before the police can help, and I think a lot of the time the police just think the victim should get off the internet and their problems will be solved.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
How do you expect people to react when they find that they elected a president who eats a $54, 28 day dry aged steak cooked well-done and with ketchup?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 09:21:26 PM »
How do you expect people to react when they find that they elected a president who eats a $54, 28 day dry aged steak cooked well-done and with ketchup?

Surely such a travesty has never occurred!!!!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 02:54:14 AM »
You should accept that Hillary the "ball eater" were a bad choice.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 05:35:48 AM »
You should accept that Hillary the "ball eater" were a bad choice.
I accept that they were both bad choices, but I'm not sure which would have been the worse choice.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 05:36:45 AM »
PTSD used to be about being in a life or death situation or seeing a friend die, especially violently.

My friend was stabbed in the chest at a party three years ago, still dream about him trying to breathe. I wouldn't take medication for it tho, it was a traumatic event, dreaming about it is my brains way of processing / rationalizing. Been a few like that.

One of my friends is an old soilder and he has PTSD from seeing a friend standing very close to him getting hit by an RPG, then hiding for weeks trying to avoid a similar fate, also very traumatic.

Now apparently we get PTSD when we don't get our way... ::) ::)

Muh, muh, modern sensibilities.

Come on guys...

What if a person suffers the same symptoms from Post Traumatic Election Syndrome as your friend with with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? Is their pain and suffering not real? Just because you do not agree with the method in which they contracted the disorder does not make their symptoms less tangible. Should we only treat HIV patients who contracted  the virus via approved methods? Should a psychiatrist tell anyone who does not meet their personal threshold of plausible reasons to contract PTSD to "woman up?" Should we not treat a car crash victim if they neglected to wear a seatbelt? OR, should the method of contracting an illness or injury be separate from the treatment?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Not getting what you want doesn't constitute a reason for PTSD imo.

Personally, maybe for some people not getting what you want could cause PTSD. But I feel it's unlikely.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »
I think Pongo's point, and it's a good one, is that no one asks to get PTSD. If someone legitimately suffers from the disorder due to the election it isn't because "they didn't get what they wanted", it's because the outcome was something terrible that their psyche couldn't process healthily. This specifically requires medical attention. Perhaps they should also receive therapy to determine why their psyche was unable to process the event.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 02:06:39 PM »
PTSD from something relatively trivial is possible I guess.  Here, I'm thinking these people are just co-opting the term PTSD for hyperbolic effect.  It's especially bothersome because PTSD is a serious condition that we don't understand all that well.  I know people that have it and it sucks.  It's not at all comparable to being butthurt because your guy/gal lost.

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 02:37:37 PM »
PTSD from something relatively trivial is possible I guess.  Here, I'm thinking these people are just co-opting the term PTSD for hyperbolic effect.  It's especially bothersome because PTSD is a serious condition that we don't understand all that well.  I know people that have it and it sucks.  It's not at all comparable to being butthurt because your guy/gal lost.

I'm serious, this can be linked to giving out a trophy just for showing up. I mean, in these stupid little soccer programs, the losers get the same trophy as the winners. Now these loser kids are loser adults, but they don't get any freaking trophy for being losers, they get nothing, now they feel all empty inside, they're depressed, unable to cope. Good grief, give me a ffffffffing break!

Hey, I just had an idea, CNN, NBC, CBS and the rest on the corny MSM, can superimpose Hillary's face over Trump's, do you think that will work?

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
I think Pongo's point, and it's a good one, is that no one asks to get PTSD. If someone legitimately suffers from the disorder due to the election it isn't because "they didn't get what they wanted", it's because the outcome was something terrible that their psyche couldn't process healthily. This specifically requires medical attention. Perhaps they should also receive therapy to determine why their psyche was unable to process the event.

Because they were treated like winners as kids when they were the fffffffffing losers. Now they can't healthily handle being a loser. Because they were rewarded for being losers, they have no idea what it takes to be a winner. I'm telling ya, I'm starting to feel sorry for the losers................dang, I'm glad that past!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »

Because they were treated like winners as kids when they were the fffffffffing losers. Now they can't healthily handle being a loser. Because they were rewarded for being losers, they have no idea what it takes to be a winner. I'm telling ya, I'm starting to feel sorry for the losers................dang, I'm glad that past!

Do you have any studies to back that up or could this be another case "kids these days..."?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »
Those participation trophies were for the parents who couldn't stand the thought of their kids not getting validation.

Anyway, I think if someone has PTSD from the election, they probably already had some issues. Some of them might have already suffered from PTSD and the election triggered them (actually triggered, not internet triggered).

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 06:27:32 PM »

This is where we disagree, I think we are raising a generation of special snowflakes not equipped to handle the real world.

The fact their psyche couldn't handle not getting their way in my opinion should be met with a firm.

Like is done in Australia.

Anyway, I think if someone has PTSD from the election, they probably already had some issues. Some of them might have already suffered from PTSD and the election triggered them (actually triggered, not internet triggered).

BASED
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:30:14 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 06:32:46 PM »

BASED LEVEL > 9000!

Another point I could raise is it takes away from real PTSD like watching a mate get murdered or someone getting raped.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:34:21 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.