Non-believer here, why hasn't anyone sailed to the edge? What would it take?

• 4 Replies
Why hasn't anyone sailed to the edge? What equipment would be necessary to sail to the edge and definitively prove that the Earth is flat? What sort of documentation would be necessary to prove (to you) that the voyage was actually made and not falsified?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
type that into the search bar

Okay, this seems like the best answer I found from a brief search:

"Being so far away from the sun, I have to agree we Goth.  It would simply be too cold and depleted of atmosphere at that distance. "

Is that what you believe? If a crew sailed to the edge and documented every day including the point when the air ran out/temperature dropped, would you believe it? Do you think a video like that would convince a skeptic?

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
Okay, this seems like the best answer I found from a brief search:

"Being so far away from the sun, I have to agree we Goth.  It would simply be too cold and depleted of atmosphere at that distance. "

Is that what you believe? If a crew sailed to the edge and documented every day including the point when the air ran out/temperature dropped, would you believe it? Do you think a video like that would convince a skeptic?

At the end of the day we only let things convince us of what we are ready to understand.
BOTD member

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

Flat earth never a substantial answer.