SpaceX Will Fly a Rocket Back to Earth in Broad Daylight This Weekend

• 382 Replies
http://observer.com/2017/02/spacex-will-fly-a-rocket-back-to-earth-in-broad-daylight-this-weekend/

Liftoff is scheduled for Saturday February 18th at 10:01AM ET from NASA’s historic Kennedy Space Center. The rocket will blaze a fiery trail through the Florida sky and touch down minutes later.

Read more...

Previous rocket landings have either been off-shore or at night. This will be the first in daylight and on land. Skeptics are welcome to go watch!!
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Re: SpaceX Will Fly a Rocket Back to Earth in Broad Daylight This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »
Ok, being a skeptic about the ball-earth, after all the latest talk about the flat-earth, I was wondering; if traveling vertically off the earth is impossible because of the barrier/ dome, maybe they are flying horizontally over the earth behind the ice wall.
If earth is flat (which I believe it could be anything but a ball) and they already know that, and they know there is more land out there, don't you think they already have attempted to cross the wall to discover what's behind it?
I think they would've!
Maybe that explains why we see rockets launched taking a curve after take-off!
God—the knower—is non-dimensional.
God's thinking is two-dimensional.
God's creative actions are three-dimensional.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:10:56 AM »
The fall con.

Indeed.
It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:40:01 AM »
Ok, being a skeptic about the ball-earth, after all the latest talk about the flat-earth, I was wondering; if traveling vertically off the earth is impossible because of the barrier/ dome, maybe they are flying horizontally over the earth behind the ice wall.
If earth is flat (which I believe it could be anything but a ball) and they already know that, and they know there is more land out there, don't you think they already have attempted to cross the wall to discover what's behind it?
I think they would've!

Whether the rocket is sent up to orbit the globe or circle the disk, it needs to 'tip over' to point horizontal to Earth's surface.

Straight up, either way, means straight back down.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 03:07:55 AM »
Bullwinkle is right, it's how orbits work.

SCG FILM IT FOR US!!!
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 07:20:35 PM »
This almost deserves to be its own thread (but I've already got 2 on this particular launch)

SpaceX CEO admits to CGI!!!
When asked "Is there any reason that most of the landings appear to have been at night so far?", he replied

;D ;D ;D

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 07:39:05 PM »
Sauce?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »
This almost deserves to be its own thread (but I've already got 2 on this particular launch)

When asked "Is there any reason that most of the landings appear to have been at night so far?", he replied

;D ;D ;D
And we're supposed to believe that's legit because... ?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »

;D ;D ;D
You didn't forget me, did you markjo? I'm a hardcore round-earther. I'm just a fan of Elon Musk, laughing at his humor, and egging the flat-earthers on.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 12:09:43 AM »
Sauce?
;) I'll have Heinz BBQ Sauce on the steak and some Soya Sauce on three fried rice thanks.  ;)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 02:12:27 AM »

;D ;D ;D
You didn't forget me, did you markjo? I'm a hardcore round-earther. I'm just a fan of Elon Musk, laughing at his humor, and egging the flat-earthers on.
That's not humour, it's the truth

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 06:36:40 AM »

;D ;D ;D
That's not humour, it's the truth

You should watch, sceptimatic! It's the video embedded in the middle of the article here http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/18/14648594/spacex-rocket-launch-falcon-9-dragon-39a-watch-livestream

Or better yet, on SpaceX's site http://www.spacex.com/webcast
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:51:51 AM by FlatOrange »

?

frenat

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 07:04:30 AM »
Aborted for today.  May launch tomorrow morning.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:29 AM »
Aborted for today.  May launch tomorrow morning.

Yes. Ugh. Earlier tomorrow. 5:38 Alaska Time.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 07:15:00 AM »
They need to hurry up. Those people on the sparse stashion will be thirsty and hungry.
I hope they have enough of their own piss to drink until this spiss rockart gets there and automatically limpets onto it.  :P

?

frenat

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 07:19:18 AM »
They need to hurry up. Those people on the sparse stashion will be thirsty and hungry.
I hope they have enough of their own piss to drink until this spiss rockart gets there and automatically limpets onto it.  :P
Yeah, because they don't plan ahead at all and have any reserves.   ::)

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
I think they would've!

I can help you out there - travelling vertically off the Earth is not impossible, it happens every time a rocket goes into space.

You're welcome!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 08:25:59 PM »
Ignoramus

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 06:37:45 AM »
Just over 2 minutes to launch. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »
Tried to watch starting at 6:15.

Video never loaded.

Bummer.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 11:24:29 AM »
Drone footage of stage 1 landing and landing zone 1

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »
Various shots of the landing

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »
Various shots of the landing

Thanks for the link.
           Dif-tor heh smusma, Spohkh

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »
Photos from the public. People that went, verified, and documented the rocket landing.

Future flat-earthers will deny a lot, but rocket landings will be as commonplace as rocket launchings are to you and so I doubt they will deny them. So wake up sheeple.  ;)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »
Absolutely effing scary how people believe this shite but, each to their own fantasy, I suppose.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 10:57:39 PM »
Absolutely effing scary how people believe this shite but, each to their own fantasy, I suppose.
So, sceptimatic can't explain how a rocket can land back on the earth and that if course proves it false.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 11:14:17 PM »
So, sceptimatic can't explain how a rocket can land back on the earth and that if course proves it false.
I have to hold my hands up and say, you're right, I do not know how they land a rocket back on Earth in an upright position.
Obviously you do because you're an expert and so is anyone who witnesses the footage.
Piss easy, apparently, isn't it?

Would anyone like to place a furnace at the front of their car and accelerating forward into it?
Neither would I to be fair.
How about lay a rocket flat and have it thrust a furnace friom the back end but then also do it at the other end that is much weaker and watch it surge forward into that expelling ignited gases.
Maybe from a distance, eh? Because we know what's going to happen.

How about we send up a rocket that expels burning gases from it's arse end and then stop it at a certain height, then allow it to fall whilst using the same type of expelling, burning gases for the rocket to fall into and land onto?
Yeah, let's do that because that is a massive advance in technology and rocketry.

Or; is it?

Maybe it's an advance in CGI/special effects.

Actually nah. It's not even an advance in that because the actual launches and landings are looking second rate compared to earlier so called massive rocket launches.

It's so mental to think people fall for this but I shouldn't really be surprised when sci-fo films/programmes are the rage; enough to have people adorn their walls and homes with all kinds of posters and effigies of them.
And no, I'm not just talking about kids. I'm talking about the convention goers and those that actually have trouble understanding that it's not real.

Understanding that it's not real. If only some people could/would , then they might actually just treat these rocket launches and landings to and from so called space as sci-fi.
That way it at least keeps everything meaningful, real and everything set out as fantasy but thrown out as real...as easily seen through.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 11:18:01 PM »

Actually, the really scary thing is how people like you can believe what you believe on the basis of no evidence whatsoever. Must be tough.

Fun fact, scepti: Spaceflight has been around for more than 60 years. Not only that, there is mounds of evidence as to not only its existence but also its validity. So I find your attempt at ridicule for those who accept these well-known, verifiable and provable facts somewhat ironically hilarious. You really need to do better than that.

Do you have anything substantive to offer or are we just going to hear your usual arguments from incredulity? If the latter, spare us, please.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 11:20:19 PM »
I have to hold my hands up and say, you're right, I do not know how they land a rocket back on Earth in an upright position.
Obviously you do because you're an expert and so is anyone who witnesses the footage.
Piss easy, apparently, isn't it?

Would anyone like to place a furnace at the front of their car and accelerating forward into it?
Neither would I to be fair.
How about lay a rocket flat and have it thrust a furnace friom the back end but then also do it at the other end that is much weaker and watch it surge forward into that expelling ignited gases.
Maybe from a distance, eh? Because we know what's going to happen.

How about we send up a rocket that expels burning gases from it's arse end and then stop it at a certain height, then allow it to fall whilst using the same type of expelling, burning gases for the rocket to fall into and land onto?
Yeah, let's do that because that is a massive advance in technology and rocketry.

Or; is it?

Maybe it's an advance in CGI/special effects.

Actually nah. It's not even an advance in that because the actual launches and landings are looking second rate compared to earlier so called massive rocket launches.

It's so mental to think people fall for this but I shouldn't really be surprised when sci-fo films/programmes are the rage; enough to have people adorn their walls and homes with all kinds of posters and effigies of them.
And no, I'm not just talking about kids. I'm talking about the convention goers and those that actually have trouble understanding that it's not real.

Understanding that it's not real. If only some people could/would , then they might actually just treat these rocket launches and landings to and from so called space as sci-fi.
That way it at least keeps everything meaningful, real and everything set out as fantasy but thrown out as real...as easily seen through.

Do you have anything substantive to offer or are we just going to hear your usual arguments from incredulity? If the latter, spare us, please.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 12:36:03 AM »
OK, so I understand the basics, enough to know that it's quite possible, But, never have I claimed to understand  all of it.

Quote from: sceptimatic

You claim that you don't understand it, yet seem to claim that you have enough to know "Understanding that it's not real".

Do you understand: how aircraft engines work? how a mobile phone works? How a computer works? how the Internet works?  how the an MRI machine works?
I could list hundreds of things that you and probably I do not understand,  but are still very real.

Just because you or I do not understand something does not make it untrue, though I admit that it makes it much easier to believe.
There is a big difference here between most flat eathers and others.
          When I see something that seems unbelievable, I do research on it, and if it does actually look feasible, I'll regard it as probably true.
          Most flat earth's simply seem to disbelieve it outright and in many cases claim it as more evidence against the globe.
Of course a basic knowledge of physics and sometimes chemistry is necessary in order to know where to look for information and to evaluate it when you see it.

Of course, you will say that you use many of these things or have seen them working, but I find you attitude totally hypocritical.
It's OK for you to believe something because you have seen it working, but all these people who claim that rockets work and satellites are real are liars. Many of these have seen the launch and the landing.

I suspect that we could find up to millions of people that either work directly in the space industry, or are closely involved in the design, installation and servicing of equipment relying of satellite services. I include satellite TV and Internet connections installers and service people in this list.
I suppose all these people are liars too.

Yes, Mr Sceptimatic, I  think that you and many like you are hypocrits of the first order.
You quite happily use all this technology, yet call so many involved in the research, development and design of it of dishonesty. Frankly, you sicken me.