Poll

What is the truth about the 911 attack on the World Trade Center?

Hijacked Planes were flown into the two towers.  Resulting fires caused the collapse.
14 (60.9%)
The planes were CGI and it was controlled demolition
2 (8.7%)
Something other than planes were flown into the twin towers,  missiles drones etc.
2 (8.7%)
The planes were holographic projections from a special satellite, and it was a directed energy weapon
1 (4.3%)
Something else.
3 (13%)
Denspressure
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 06, 2017, 10:56:40 PM

911 What is the truth?

• 6866 Replies
?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
Re: 911 What is the truth?
« Reply #1560 on: March 01, 2017, 03:11:17 AM »
That is either due to inaccuracy or plasticity, or both. Have you tried deliberately pressing down a bit further northwest of the axis?
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1561 on: March 01, 2017, 03:18:51 AM »
That is either due to inaccuracy or plasticity, or both. Have you tried deliberately pressing down a bit further northwest of the axis?

I have.

Northwest of this line there is a pivot and the platform wants to tilt.

On this line for a fixed structure with four bolts supporting it, there should be no increase in load?

I can definitely feel one but it might be error. I guess I'll wait and see.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1562 on: March 01, 2017, 03:29:03 AM »

I have.

Northwest of this line there is a pivot and the platform wants to tilt.

On this line for a fixed structure with four bolts supporting it, there should be no increase in load?

I can definitely feel one but it might be error. I guess I'll wait and see.
Great diagram.

Yeah, any load put on that line shouldn't affect the south or east bolt. As you say, northwest of the axis it wants to tilt. Southeast of it, it will definitely put a load on the south and east bolt. In the middle, aka on that line, you will neither tilt nor apply load to the south or east bolt. It should be balanced on the north and west bolt, with no need for other support, assuming one could put a load so it's center of mass lines up perfectly with that axis.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1563 on: March 01, 2017, 03:32:38 AM »
Yeah I see what you're saying, I do, I can do the math now too :P.

Alright well I guess I'll see why Bhs thinks you're wrong.

P.s we've been off topic for like ten pages lol.
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1564 on: March 01, 2017, 03:40:07 AM »
Lol, yeah. Also, one thing we have to take into account doing this with our fingers - we are subject to the placebo effect. If we push down on something that four of our fingers are holding up, we expect (at least subconsciously) to feel an increased load in all of our fingers, and as a result we do. It makes intuitive sense. It is even a bit plausible that I am so confident that I expect to not feel the extra load, and thus don't feel it. If there was a load, it would be so small and hard to determine that our subconsciousness could possibly affect our judgement there. So let's wait for BHS' model to confirm.

When in doubt; sources!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1565 on: March 01, 2017, 03:43:37 AM »
You are definitely right in a pure mathematical sense, no doubt about that.

Alright I'll wait for Bhs.

Whatever I'm learning heaps anyway, that's always a win.

Edit. Damnit this is gonna keep me up.

I was sure I was on to something with the way the platform distributes the point load.

I can 100% see how you came to your answers but I think we both might be missing something.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:17:46 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #1566 on: March 01, 2017, 04:25:58 AM »
So rayzor...Can you tell me that everything you said about the flame and heat in the building is true since you harp on that?

Though if you don't want to get into this, I understand...

I'm happy to engage in intelligent discussion,  start with some basic research on typical high rise office fires.   You should scan the following paper.   

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1014.8949&rep=rep1&type=pdf

The claim I made was that temperatures around 1000C were reported,  and temperatures over 600 C were reached over significant areas of the structure.

At 600 C  the steel is down to about  half it's strength,  and at 1000C it's down to about one tenth.

The jet fuel was responsible for the initial ignition,  but not the main fuel source for the subsequent fires,   you need to remember that smoke temperatures when you see thick turbulent black smoke can approach flame temperatures.   

Conclusion is that the steel structure that was stripped of it's fireproofing by the impact  was substantially weakened by the subsequent fires.

I want to see if you actually understand what you write or if you just think the shit you post supports your position.

You don't appear to understand that the paper I referenced is generic,  that is it applies to high rise office buildings in general,  in the case of the WTC,  the only evidence I can use ( if I refer to NIST you'll just go bezerk again ),  so the best evidence is the video evidence,  which shows fires across multiple floors,  heavy black smoke from across entire floors.   After 30 minutes a 600 sqm fire would reach a far field temperature of 800C,  so the claim of temperatures of over 600C is conservative,  and more than hot enough to halve the strength of the steel.

The inputs and assumptions  are spelt out in detail in that paper.

WRONG!

I do understand it is a generic paper and I want to know if you understand it.

Did you miss this quote?

"The larger the enclosures and the lower the thermal inertial of the linings, the FASTER (emphasis mine) the cooling phase is since the smoke layer spreads over larger areas and heat dissipates faster."

Or this one?

"Travelling fires, like those observed before the WTC collapsed, produce thermal environments of lower temperature that last for many hours, thus representing LONG-COOL FIRES(emphasis mine). "

Or this one?

"When a small fire is in the vicinity of a structural element, the temperature corresponds to the near field (in the order of 1300°C). This heating would last for about 10 min to 20 min (emphasis mine)for typical office fuel loads (in the range from 20 to 40 kg/m2) independently of the fire size."

So, it seems your legitimate sources are actually CONTRADICTORY to your claims and stance.

Furthermore:

"After 30 minutes a 600 sqm fire would reach a far field temperature of 800C,  so the claim of temperatures of over 600C is conservative,  and more than hot enough to halve the strength of the steel. so the claim of temperatures of over 600C is conservative,  and more than hot enough to halve the strength of the steel."

The floors of WTC 1 and 2 were not even close to 600 square meters each. More like 100:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_(1973%E2%80%932001)

"... but to meet the Port Authority's requirement for 10,000,000 square feet (930,000 m2) of office space, the buildings would each have to be 110 stories tall."

My math: 930,000/110 = 8454.54 meters2=91
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:38:09 AM by totallackey »

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1567 on: March 01, 2017, 04:26:10 AM »
Wait but does this only work with a theoretical point load?

Say for example we have a 300mm x 300mm press applying a 100kg point load to the exact spot.

The cross-section of the press, regardless of the point load, will naturally want to push the platform down as a whole. Especially if it is pinned level which is assumed in your experiment.

Which logically follows that a real world object would apply extra load to bolts S and E but only a minimal amount.

Or not?

All I know is everytime Bhs has made a claim here he has been able to back it up.

I have a strong feeling this is why he asked for dimensions.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1568 on: March 01, 2017, 04:27:51 AM »
So, it seems your legitimate sources are actually CONTRADICTORY to your claims and stance.

Really nice.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:29:26 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1569 on: March 01, 2017, 04:33:17 AM »

Say for example we have a 300mm x 300mm press applying a 100kg point load to the exact spot.

The cross-section of the press, regardless of the point load, will naturally want to push the platform down as a whole. Especially if it is pinned level which is assumed in your experiment.

Which logically follows that a real world object would apply extra load to bolts S and E but only a minimal amount.

Or not?

All I know is everytime Bhs has made a claim here he has been able to back it up.

The half of the press which is pushing to the south-east will apply load to the south and east bolts, but the half of the press which is pushing to the north west of the axis will use the north and west bolts as an axis to tilt the floor away from the south and east bolts. Both of these forces should cancel each other out.

I'm am very confident that dimensions do not matter, a long as the load is stable on the floor and the center of mass is at the specified position.

When in doubt; sources!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1570 on: March 01, 2017, 04:39:22 AM »

Or not?

The half of the press which is pushing to the south-east will apply load to the south and east bolts, but the half of the press which is pushing to the north west of the axis will use the north and west bolts as an axis to tilt the floor away from the south and east bolts. Both of these forces should cancel each other out.

I'm am very confident that dimensions do not matter, a long as the load is stable on the floor and the center of mass is at the specified position.

Alright I see that. It does make sense.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1571 on: March 01, 2017, 05:12:54 AM »
WRONG!

I do understand it is a generic paper and I want to know if you understand it.

Did you miss this quote?

"The larger the enclosures and the lower the thermal inertial of the linings, the FASTER (emphasis mine) the cooling phase is since the smoke layer spreads over larger areas and heat dissipates faster."

Or this one?

"Travelling fires, like those observed before the WTC collapsed, produce thermal environments of lower temperature that last for many hours, thus representing LONG-COOL FIRES(emphasis mine). "

Or this one?

"When a small fire is in the vicinity of a structural element, the temperature corresponds to the near field (in the order of 1300°C). This heating would last for about 10 min to 20 min (emphasis mine)for typical office fuel loads (in the range from 20 to 40 kg/m2) independently of the fire size."

Not really,  but I can understand how you might think that,  cooler is a relative term,  and 600 or so is a lot cooler than say it might be for a fully distributed fire.  The only non NIST information I can refer you to is to look at the videos of the smoke pouring out of multiple floors,  and make an educated guess.   

Furthermore:

"After 30 minutes a 600 sqm fire would reach a far field temperature of 800C,  so the claim of temperatures of over 600C is conservative,  and more than hot enough to halve the strength of the steel. so the claim of temperatures of over 600C is conservative,  and more than hot enough to halve the strength of the steel."

The floors of WTC 1 and 2 were not even close to 600 square meters each. More like 100:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_(1973%E2%80%932001)

"... but to meet the Port Authority's requirement for 10,000,000 square feet (930,000 m2) of office space, the buildings would each have to be 110 stories tall."

My math: 930,000/110 = 8454.54 meters2=91

Each floor was about 63m by 63m  but take away the central core area, and you are left with about (60ft) 18m on each of the larger sides by (208ft) 63m,   63mx18m = 1134 sqm,  and there are two such open areas on each floor,  neglecting the smaller area on the sides of the central core. 

So you could fit about 4x  600 sqm fires per floor,  but I guess it depends on if there are partitions or it's all open office etc..

There's floor plan here for a typical floor if you want to double check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_(1973%E2%80%932001)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 05:20:00 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #1572 on: March 01, 2017, 05:56:35 AM »
Not really,  but I can understand how you might think that,  cooler is a relative term,  and 600 or so is a lot cooler than say it might be for a fully distributed fire.  The only non NIST information I can refer you to is to look at the videos of the smoke pouring out of multiple floors,  and make an educated guess.

"Not really.." = Yeah, I was actually busted.

Not only can you understand how I might think that, you simply do not want to ADMIT I am correct in my argument and statements and you are wrong.

Everybody else does though.

Do not worry, the written record is here.

Each floor was about 63m by 63m  but take away the central core area, and you are left with about (60ft) 18m on each of the larger sides by (208ft) 63m,   63mx18m = 1134 sqm,  and there are two such open areas on each floor,  neglecting the smaller area on the sides of the central core. 

So you could fit about 4x  600 sqm fires per floor,  but I guess it depends on if there are partitions or it's all open office etc..

There's floor plan here for a typical floor if you want to double check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_(1973%E2%80%932001)

Yeah...again busted...

Why eliminate the cores, for one?

That is laughable.

The floor space available is 840 square feet = 78 square meters.

Honestly, just stop.

The source you provided states a travelling fire would now only achieve temps of between 400 and 500 C.

Does this lady look she is holding on to metal that has been subjected to temps of 400 to 500 C?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1573 on: March 01, 2017, 06:05:32 AM »

Yeah...again busted...

Why eliminate the cores, for one?

That is laughable.

The floor space available is 840 square feet = 78 square meters.

Honestly, just stop.

How did  you arrive at 840 square feet?     My workshop is bigger than that.   

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1574 on: March 01, 2017, 06:08:52 AM »
Not only can you understand how I might think that, you simply do not want to ADMIT I am correct in my argument and statements and you are wrong.

/thread.

That's the truth man theres no point arguing with Rayzor.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #1575 on: March 01, 2017, 06:21:18 AM »

Bad math.

780 sq meters.

Now, according to the paper, assumed far field temps back at 600 C after 1/2 hour only if the ventilation is at 25 percent.

Given the size of the holes in the outside of the building I suppose you will still claim only 25 percent ventilation.

And this lady:

is still grabbing on to metal subjected to temps of 600 C?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1576 on: March 01, 2017, 06:28:24 AM »
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1074303;area=showposts;start=3780

Check out his posts, anyone wanna guess what his favourite word is?

Thats right, conspiracy, attacking anyone that goes against mainstream beliefs is apparently his calling in life.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63505.0
Yuck...

There is a disturbing trend of twisting FE threads trying to discredit other conspiracy theories at the same time as FE

Geez, I wonder why that could be?

Notice his posts have no substance and character and they are very rarely more than copy pasta / video and calling people crazy.

I wonder why he basically hasn't posted in another thread since this one started and has contributed absolutely nothing to it.

It's probably nothing... Shouldn't think too much.... Right Rayzor?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:33:11 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1577 on: March 01, 2017, 06:29:45 AM »

Bad math.

780 sq meters.

Still wrong,  the entire area of one floor including the core is 63mx63m  = 3969 square meters.   

And i've no idea what that woman is doing,  I'd guess that might be the coolest part of that floor where the air is rushing in.   

Where did 25% ventilation figure come from?   I don't think I ever claimed anything other than that all fires are ventilation limited to some extent.

« Reply #1578 on: March 01, 2017, 06:42:11 AM »

Bad math.

780 sq meters.

Still wrong,  the entire area of one floor including the core is 63mx63m  = 3969 square meters.   

And i've no idea what that woman is doing,  I'd guess that might be the coolest part of that floor where the air is rushing in.   

Where did 25% ventilation figure come from?   I don't think I ever claimed anything other than that all fires are ventilation limited to some extent.

Why do you now COUNT the core?

I already asked that once.

The core is not counted in the floor area.

"And i've no idea what that woman is doing..."

LMAO!!!

So, she is not holding onto the outside metal of the building...

She is not standing in an area that has been subjected to fires hot enough to have weakened structural steel.

She is impervious to these types of fires.

She is Wonder Woman!

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1579 on: March 01, 2017, 06:48:45 AM »
Sorry, Actually fell asleep for once and I have to run to a meeting.

But very quickly.

So is the bet on?

FYI, I will be nice and throw a hint at what's missing if this is performed in the real world (Actually there are many many things) but just two.

Total mass of the load compared to total weight of the platform.

Total size and weight of the platform, to total mass supported.

Depending on exact design of the test structural we may actually have LESS weight on a bolt.  :o

Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1580 on: March 01, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »

Bad math.

780 sq meters.

Just the open plan office area on each floor is 2,835 square meters.      That's more than enough for 4 x 600 sqm fires per floor,  as I said earlier.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1581 on: March 01, 2017, 06:52:27 AM »

But very quickly.

So is the bet on?

FYI, I will be nice and throw a hint at what's missing if this is performed in the real world (Actually there are many many things) but just two.

Depending on exact design of the test structural we may actually have LESS weight on a bolt.  :o

Do you have strain gages you can fit on the mounting bolts?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1582 on: March 01, 2017, 06:54:58 AM »

She is not standing in an area that has been subjected to fires hot enough to have weakened structural steel.
It seems to me that she's standing in an area that was subjected to the initial impact of the plane.  The intense fires were further inside the building.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1583 on: March 01, 2017, 07:06:55 AM »

But very quickly.

So is the bet on?

Yes, the bet is on:
I'm not really a sucker for making bets with random-ish people on the internet involving money or other stuff with real value, even if I'm 100% confident.

I'll take up the challenge, and I propose that the loser has to write a rigorous, long and well written apology to the winner. The apology should compliment the winner at least a bit at the expense of the loser. The winner can also choose anything to be added to the losers signature (as long as it follows forum guidelines) and the loser is not allowed to edit the rest of their signature in a manner that changes the intended message. The signature has to stay for at least a year.

And other than small things that will only change the result by maybe a percent, I'm very sure I haven't forgotten anything. Oh, and it would be nice if you could record the experiment or take some photos.

When in doubt; sources!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #1584 on: March 01, 2017, 07:16:28 AM »

But very quickly.

So is the bet on?

Yes, the bet is on:
I'm not really a sucker for making bets with random-ish people on the internet involving money or other stuff with real value, even if I'm 100% confident.

I'll take up the challenge, and I propose that the loser has to write a rigorous, long and well written apology to the winner. The apology should compliment the winner at least a bit at the expense of the loser. The winner can also choose anything to be added to the losers signature (as long as it follows forum guidelines) and the loser is not allowed to edit the rest of their signature in a manner that changes the intended message. The signature has to stay for at least a year.

And other than small things that will only change the result by maybe a percent, I'm very sure I haven't forgotten anything. Oh, and it would be nice if you could record the experiment or take some photos.

I am sure proof of experiment will be posted. I am up way too late.

I look forward to seeing it.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #1585 on: March 01, 2017, 07:17:05 AM »

Bad math.

780 sq meters.

Just the open plan office area on each floor is 2,835 square meters.      That's more than enough for 4 x 600 sqm fires per floor,  as I said earlier.

How do you figure?

You are correct.

I was wrong.

The actual figure is 2498m2.

And there is not 4 fires per floor.

There is one fire per floor.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1586 on: March 01, 2017, 07:18:02 AM »
Amazing.

I am sure proof of experiment will be posted. I am up way too late.

I look forward to seeing it.
Yeah, I agree with the statement of the meme.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #1587 on: March 01, 2017, 07:18:12 AM »

It seems to me that she's standing in an area that was subjected to the initial impact of the plane.  The intense fires were further inside the building.

You were there with the thermometer?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:27:27 AM by totallackey »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1588 on: March 01, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »

Do you see any smoke or flames near by?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1589 on: March 01, 2017, 08:27:16 AM »

Do you see any smoke or flames near by?

The fireballs?

Yeah I saw them.

OUTSIDE the building, near the points of impact.

These, of course, DID NOT transfer any heat to the metal that lady is hanging on.

I also saw flames just inside the building, visible from the outside by camera.

Yeah...

You were there and of course you know all about it.

I missed the bulleted reference made by NIST in their official report.

Was it #1 or #2 that stated:

Opus, Achieved Temperatures in WTC 1 and 2, Penguin Publishing...

Go clean your diaper already.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:50:29 AM by totallackey »