Flat earth, spherical, the most conclusive proof:

• 701 Replies
?

frenat

Re: Flat earth, spherical, the most conclusive proof:
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 11:45:47 AM »
Frenat- "You don't feel constant motion."

Only true when I'm inside a vessel, not on the outside of a moving vessel. Drive down an interstate in you car, then stick your head out the window. That is one way you can tell you are in motion. But that seems to be missing from our 1,000 MPH journey, isn't it?
Now you're talking about wind.  What wind are you expecting from the vacuum of space?  Wind comes from an external resistance.  So no, you still won't feel constant motion, you're feeling the resistance to the motion, not the motion itself. 

And again, please learn to use the quote feature.  It is built into the forum software and makes the discussion far easier to follow.  Unless you like it looking like crap?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:47:37 AM by frenat »

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 12:08:08 PM »
NASA claims{-?????-}, it captured by video, asteroid Bennu leaving a trail of gas and debris as it sped past the sun. Where is the trail from earth as it speeds around the sun at 65 million MPH, and through the galaxy at millions of MPH?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Hubble+Asteroid&&view=detail&mid=823F3ADEAAF6F632A89B823F3ADEAAF6F632A89B&FORM=VRDGAR

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
29- "Spin a water soaked foam ball one rotation every 24 hours (.0007 rpm) and observe the results."

The small spinning tennis ball is pretty close to being proportionate to large earth's 1,000 MPH spin. The ground you are walking on, 29, is said to be moving at 1,000 MPH. You, 29, it is claimed, are moving, right now, at 1,000 MPH. But you don't feel it, amazing!

Is there a biological explanation as to why we can't feel ourselves moving at 1,000 MPH?

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 12:19:54 PM »
G-R-A-V-I-T-Y.
The world is a sphere, but I don't hold that against it.

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »
Frenat- "What wind are you expecting from the vacuum of space?"

Can you give me a definition for "vacuum"? Just so we know we are on the same page.  

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »
Paw- "G-R-A-V-I-T-Y."

What about gravity?

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:08 PM »
Paw- "G-R-A-V-I-T-Y."

What about gravity?

Your spinning ball has already been explained quite well above multiple times. 1000 mph is a relatively slow spin when regarding a sphere the size of earth.  Spin you tennis ball at the same rotational speed and you will find that the only water that drops off the ball is at the bottom due to gravity.

Do you not agree that when you are sitting in a car and the car is going 70 mph... if you toss up a marble it will not go shooting to the back of the car?

Do  you have some other explanation for this easy to reproduce test?
The world is a sphere, but I don't hold that against it.

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
And again, please learn to use the quote feature.  It is built into the forum software and makes the discussion far easier to follow.
What wind are you expecting from the vacuum of space?

Thank you, new here, learning all the time. There is no need to get nasty.

Please define "vacuum"........................

?

frenat

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 12:36:13 PM »
29- "Spin a water soaked foam ball one rotation every 24 hours (.0007 rpm) and observe the results."

The small spinning tennis ball is pretty close to being proportionate to large earth's 1,000 MPH spin. The ground you are walking on, 29, is said to be moving at 1,000 MPH. You, 29, it is claimed, are moving, right now, at 1,000 MPH. But you don't feel it, amazing!

Is there a biological explanation as to why we can't feel ourselves moving at 1,000 MPH?
AGAIN, you don't feel constant motion and while it is 1000 mph at the equator, it is still just one revolution in 24 hours.

?

frenat

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »

Can you give me a definition for "vacuum"? Just so we know we are on the same page. 
Because Google continues to not work for you?   I'm not in the habit of doing other's work for them.  Either you are incapable of looking it up yourself or you want to play semantic words games.  Either way I'm not interested.

?

frenat

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »
And again, please learn to use the quote feature.  It is built into the forum software and makes the discussion far easier to follow.

Thank you, new here, learning all the time. There is no need to get nasty.

Not being nasty.  If you thought that was nasty then you are apparently new to the internet.

What wind are you expecting from the vacuum of space?

Please define "vacuum"........................
Why are you incapable of doing your own research?

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
AGAIN, you don't feel constant motion and while it is 1000 mph at the equator, it is still just one revolution in 24 hours.
[/quote]

The ground, the ground you walk on, is moving at 1,000 MPH, I don't care how long it takes to make a revolution. The ground is still moving at 1,000 MPH. You, it is claimed, are moving at 1,000 MPH. I don't think so. There is nothing in earth's physical condition that supports that claim.

?

frenat

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »

The ground, the ground you walk on, is moving at 1,000 MPH, I don't care how long it takes to make a revolution. The ground is still moving at 1,000 MPH. You, it is claimed, are moving at 1,000 MPH. I don't think so. There is nothing in earth's physical condition that supports that claim.
And AGAIN you still don't feel constant motion.  You've ignored everything presented that supports it.

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »
Water on a moving vessel:

Water on earth:

?

frenat

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »

Water on earth:

Thank you for proving you are still incapable of understanding.  The first video should be more accurately described as water on an inconstantly moving vessel (aka acceleration) with wind.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:50:12 PM by frenat »

JackBlack

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2017, 12:55:16 PM »
Frenat- "As the storm forms it is already moving with the ground/atmosphere."

Yeah, in a easterly direction at 1,000 MPH. How does a storm travel west, north or south if the storm clouds are moving east at 1,000 MPH?
I already explained that. They travel west by travelling slightly less than the 1000 mph east.
Similar things apply to travelling north and south.

Why gyroscopes prove a flat earth, not a spinning earth:
How about instead of linking to a shitty video you try explaining it yourself?

Lost of gyroscopes have too much friction or are unbalanced and thus can't show Earth is spinning or stationary.

F- "Rockets put into orbit need less thrust when launched to the East than to the west."

I have never run across that claim in the 3 years I've been researching flat earth. Got a link?
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-satellites-launched-from-east-coast
I learnt about it in high school.

Frenat, I'll ask again{because you did not give what was requested}, do you have any evidence/clues/signs by the physical conditions on earth that support the ground is moving at 1,000 MPH?
That has already been provided to you but you ignore it.

Do you have any physical signs/clues/evidence from earth's physical condition that supports we are speeding at millions of MPH? You have not given me what should be observed from earth's physical condition. I gave just two of the many signs/evidence/clues from earth's physical condition, earth's natural nature{not man made objects, or man's math from a book}, that we are motionless, and the world is a flat plane. The physics of water alone proves we are not on a spinning speeding ball.
Why would we both when you already ignore all the evidence presented?
You have provided no evidence that we are motionless or that Earth is a flat plane.
The physics of water do not prove we are not on a spinning ball.

Of a surface speed of 1,000 MPH would hurl anything not pinned down off the surface. The ground mind you, that little piece of ground you stand on, is said to be moving at 1,000 MPH. Now, if you'll claim the ground is only moving at 4 MPH, it might be a little believable, but 1,000 MPH, COME ON, use your power of reasoning!
No. It wouldn't I explained why. The size of Earth makes that 1000 mph NOTHING.

In order to stay stuck to the surface you would need to be accelerated by another force (say gravity), at the staggering rate of 0.03 m/s^2
It is virtually nothing.

Please, do you have any physical clues/signs/evidence from earth's condition, earth's physical nature, that supports the ground is moving at 1,000 MPH? Why, Kami, when I walk upon the earth, it feels motionless, yet you'll are telling me I'm whipping along at 1,000 MPH along with the earth and the atmosphere.
Stop asking the same bullshit when it has already been provided.

Yes, you feel motionless, just like on a plane while it is cruising or in a car or a train.
You don't feel motion, you feel acceleration.

Why is it, Kami, I'm always directed to math in a book, or some fancy scientist's explanation, instead of finding the evidence/clues/signs from earth's natural condition, from the earth itself? Why is that missing?
We have told you how to find the evidence, but you just ignore it.

Hey you'll, I'm not looking for fancy explanations, I'm not looking fro math from a book, I'm looking for the physical signs/clues/evidence from the condition of nature that supports the earth is spinning at 1,000 MPH, or cruising along at millions of MPH.
And it has been provided. Stop ignoring it.

I mean, the claim is the ground, the surface, the spot you are standing on, is hurling along at 1,000 MPH, and so are you! Why don't you feel that motion? I mean, I feel the motion when I ride a bike at 10 MPH, but I don't feel 1,000 MPH? Something is not jiving here!
No. You don't.
You do not feel your motion from the bike.
What you actually feel is the wind pushing against you as you try to move into it.
As Earth moves with the atmosphere, you wouldn't feel that.

You also feel the acceleration as you speed up or slow down.
But the acceleration required to maintain a circular path you wouldn't feel it.

Go ride a bullet train and tell me if you feel its motion (while it is cruising, nor during the acceleration or retardation phases).

The evidence from earth's physical condition supports a motionless flat plane.
No it doesn't.
You are yet to provide a single shred of evidence that supports that.

So, if you have not what is being asked for, that's fine, just say so, don't try other fancy tricks to hide what you don't have. I know the empty tricks, this is not my first rodeo, by any means.
We do. Stop ignoring it.

You mean water on a rapidly and inconsistently accelerating vessel?
Do you notice what it is like at 4:18?
It looks quite similar to water on Earth, at this point where they are just moving at a steady pace.
The same as at 5:30.

Would you prefer this:

That is a pool on a cruise ship.
Yes, it moves up and down a bit due to the rocking of the ship, as the ship isn't travelling in a straight path.
A better example would be a glass of water on a plane or train. It doesn't show any signs of motion, and that is because nothing does. Instead you see signs of relative motion or signs of acceleration.

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »
due to gravity.

Do you not agree that when you are sitting in a car and the car is going 70 mph... if you toss up a marble it will not go shooting to the back of the car?

[/quote]

Is gravity the reason all the signs/clues/evidence that supports the ground is moving and we are speeding is missing?

Is earth inside a solid shell, like the skin of the car doing 70 MPH? Does that explain why we do not feel the ground, and us, moving at 1,000 MPH? 1,000 MPH may not be much if we were the size of the earth, but we are not. I don't think our biological bodies could withstand speeding at 1,000 MPH, do you?

Buoyancy instead of gravity. Things heavier than air{oxygen/H20 ingredient}, sink till they meet a solid barrier, things lighter than air rise. That is why you can fly a 188 ton aircraft with just a simple change in air pressure. You'll believe gravity holds the massive weight of the oceans to the spinning earth, but a 188 ton aircraft can kick gravity's butt! Something ain't jiving here!

?

frenat

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2017, 01:04:09 PM »
due to gravity.

Is gravity the reason all the signs/clues/evidence that supports the ground is moving and we are speeding is missing?

Is earth inside a solid shell, like the skin of the car doing 70 MPH? Does that explain why we do not feel the ground, and us, moving at 1,000 MPH? 1,000 MPH may not be much if we were the size of the earth, but we are not. I don't think our biological bodies could withstand speeding at 1,000 MPH, do you?

Buoyancy instead of gravity. Things heavier than air{oxygen/H20 ingredient}, sink till they meet a solid barrier, things lighter than air rise. That is why you can fly a 188 ton aircraft with just a simple change in air pressure. You'll believe gravity holds the massive weight of the oceans to the spinning earth, but a 188 ton aircraft can kick gravity's butt! Something ain't jiving here!
Why would the earth need to be in a solid shell?  What is outside of it that will create a wind for you to feel? 

Plenty of planes fly at 1,000 mph or greater.  The pilots continue to live.  So what about that speed do you think our biological bodies can't withstand?

Planes fly because they produce lift equal to or greater than the force of gravity on them.  We'll add lift to the list of subjects you refuse to understand.

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »

Because Google continues to not work for you?   I'm not in the habit of doing other's work for them.  Either you are incapable of looking it up yourself or you want to play semantic words games.  Either way I'm not interested.

First off, thank you for pointing out the "quote" feature, works much better! Did you look 'vacuum' up, Frenat, then thought better of giving the definition for "vacuum"?

I don't mind doing a little research work, it's what I live for:

"Vacuum- a. Absence of matter. b. A space empty of matter. c. A space relatively empty of matter." online dictionary

Does that match space? Stars so numerous, they are as the grains of sand that fill earth. I mean, look:

https://www.nasa.gov/images/content/633335main_image_2204_946-710.jpg

And that is just a small portion of space. Now what were you saying about us speeding through the "vacuum" of space? Something ain't jiving here!

JackBlack

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 01:08:21 PM »
No. It is the reason we stay stuck to Earth, because the strength of gravity is far stronger than that required to keep us moving in a circle.
It is also the reason some methods, such as cheap gyroscopes, don't work.

No. But the air is moving with Earth, just like it is in a car.
Yes, our bodies could easily withstand 1000 mph. Our bodies could withstand moving just below the speed of light.
There is no problem with moving fast.
The issue is moving fast relative to something else, such as the air or a wall, and hitting that something else.
Try moving through a solid wall at a speed of 1 mph. You will die. Does that mean we can't move faster than 1 mph? No.
The only limitations are trying to move through something at relative speed, or acceleration.

How about this, if you think it can't, explain why. Tell us what forces would be involved which would result in us dying.

P.S. typically smaller objects, like ants, can survive greater forces than larger objects, like elephants.
If I recall correctly, if an elephant were to jump or fall from a small height, its legs would break, yet an ant could fall from a sky scraper and walk away unharmed.

Why would they rise or fall?

It doesn't matter if it doesn't jive to you, that is what the evidence shows.

The aircraft doesn't need to hold up the massive weight of the oceans, just its own weight.
If you have an objection, rather than just saying it doesn't jive, provide a rational objection, explain why it shouldn't work. Use numbers.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:47 PM »
Rocks- "that we can't immediately observe them."

Do you know why we "can't immediately observe them"? Because they don't exist.
An excellent example of the thoughts of someone with a closed mind. Just because you don't observe it (clearly), does not mean that it doesn't exist.

There are plenty of ways in which the rotation of the earth is expressed, for example star trails, or the coriolis effect.

And you dismissing math/physics really does not help your point. Those tools are an excellent way of assessing a system that's on a scale entirely different than what you see when you look out the window.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

JackBlack

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 01:10:56 PM »

First off, thank you for pointing out the "quote" feature, works much better! Did you look 'vacuum' up, Frenat, then thought better of giving the definition for "vacuum"?

"Vacuum- a. Absence of matter. b. A space empty of matter. c. A space relatively empty of matter." online dictionary

Does that match space? Stars so numerous, they are as the grains of sand that fill earth. I mean, look:

And that is just a small portion of space. Now what were you saying about us speeding through the "vacuum" of space? Something ain't jiving here!
So we add space to the list of things you don't understand?
The stars themselves are not part of the vacuum. The vacuum is between the stars.

Even if you consider them as part of it, on average it is still a vacuum.
Yes, they are very numerous, but the size of space vastly overcomes that.

the milky way is 100 000 light years across, and only has a few hundred billion stars.
The vast majority of it is empty space.

?

frenat

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »

What part of I won't do your work for you don't you understand?

Doesn't seem like it.

And how many stars do we run into?  Space is big. Sure there are a lot of stars but there is far more empty space.  I see nothing about that definition that contradicts that.
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2017, 01:14:12 PM »
No. It is the reason we stay stuck to Earth, because the strength of gravity is far stronger than that required to keep us moving in a circle.
It is also the reason some methods, such as cheap gyroscopes, don't work.

No. But the air is moving with Earth, just like it is in a car.
Yes, our bodies could easily withstand 1000 mph. Our bodies could withstand moving just below the speed of light.
There is no problem with moving fast.
The issue is moving fast relative to something else, such as the air or a wall, and hitting that something else.
Try moving through a solid wall at a speed of 1 mph. You will die. Does that mean we can't move faster than 1 mph? No.
The only limitations are trying to move through something at relative speed, or acceleration.

How about this, if you think it can't, explain why. Tell us what forces would be involved which would result in us dying.

P.S. typically smaller objects, like ants, can survive greater forces than larger objects, like elephants.
If I recall correctly, if an elephant were to jump or fall from a small height, its legs would break, yet an ant could fall from a sky scraper and walk away unharmed.

Why would they rise or fall?

It doesn't matter if it doesn't jive to you, that is what the evidence shows.

The aircraft doesn't need to hold up the massive weight of the oceans, just its own weight.
If you have an objection, rather than just saying it doesn't jive, provide a rational objection, explain why it shouldn't work. Use numbers.

If earth is not inside a solid shell, then where are the effects of us speeding through space without a protective shell? That is, 65,000 MPH around the sun, and millions of MPH through space. That still does not explain why we do not feel the ground, or us, speeding at 1,000 MPH, are we inside a solid shell also?

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2017, 01:19:39 PM »

The stars themselves are not part of the vacuum. The vacuum is between the stars.

the milky way is 100 000 light years across, and only has a few hundred billion stars.

Then we are not in the 'vacuum' of space, if we are not part of the "vacuum" of space. How can we be hurling through the vacuum of space if we are not in the vacuum of space?

You'll need to seriously start questioning what you have been forced feed to believe since you started watching cartoons.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2017, 01:20:56 PM »
Actual speed is not relevant, it's rotational speed. We orbit at a whopping one rotation PER YEAR around the sun. Imagine rotating a tennis ball at one rotation per year.

Even if you rotate a tennis ball at one rotation per day, you get nowhere.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

?

frenat

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »

Then we are not in the 'vacuum' of space, if we are not part of the "vacuum" of space. How can we be hurling through the vacuum of space if we are not in the vacuum of space?

You'll need to seriously start questioning what you have been forced feed to believe since you started watching cartoons.
Are you really this dense or just deliberately obtuse?  Does the earth move through any of those stars or does it move in the vacuum around one of them?

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »
A confession:

9 months ago, I was right where all of you are, laughing at the flat earth idea, and hurling everything I was taught about the "globe" at the controversy. I keep seeing it pop up in my queue, and I giggled and moved on. Then one day, out of boredom{3 years ago}, I opened the link, and, well a little over 2 years of digging into the flat earth issue, I decided the only way to know for sure, is to look at what the earth reveals, and it does not match what is claimed. And by now you'll can see there are no clues/evidence/signs form the physical condition of earth that supports the ground, and us, are moving at 1,000 MPH, nor are we speeding around anything, or speeding through the Non-vacuum of space. Nothing we physically experience on this earth matches those claims. That is why I'm a flat earther.

I haven't even gotten into the physics of water yet!

JackBlack

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2017, 01:31:31 PM »
An example of the empty space we live in. Our solar system, out to Neptune, has a radius of roughly 4.5 Tm (or 30 AU). (Tm is short for terametre. It is 1000 Gm, each Gm is 1000 Mm, each Mm is 1000 km, and each km is 1000 m. similar rules apply for other units, where in this case m is the unit, and the T, G, M and k are prefixes meaning 1 trillion, 1 billion, 1 million and 1 thousand respectively).

That gives it a volume of roughly 381 Tm^3. This is 381 billion Gm^3
The sun (sol) is the largest object in the solar system.
It's radius is roughly 695.7 Mm or 0.7 Gm.
This gives it a volume of roughly 1.5 Gm^3.
Ignoring the fact that basically everything is smaller than the sun, and instead pretending that all 8 planets (not bothering with their moons as these moons would orbit inside the radius of the sun sized planet), as well as pluto, are the size of the sun, and giving another sun size for the asteroid belt, you get 11 sun volumes.
This gives you 16.5 Gm^3.
So the volume occupied by these objects is 16.5/381 billion, which is a fraction of roughly 4e-11, or 4e-9 percent.
The other way of looking at it would be those 11 objects per 381 billion Gm^3.

Compare this to the atmosphere.
At standard temperature and pressure, 1 mol of gas occupies 22.4 L. So that is 6.022e23 molecules of gas per 22.4 L.
1 L is 1000 ml. so 1000 cm^3, so that is 22 400 cm^3.
Each molecule of gas has a radius of roughly 0.15 nm. So its volume is ~0.014 nm^3. 1 nm^3.
Remeber, we have 6.022e23 molecules of gas, that means the total volume of all this gas is 0.014*6.022e23 nm^3
That means the total volume is roughly 8.4 e21 nm^3.
Each cm^3 is 1000 mm^3 (1e3 mm^3). Each mm^3 is 1e9 um^3 each um^3 is 1e9 nm^3.
So each cm^3 is 1e3*1e9*1e9 nm^3 or 1e21 nm^3.
This means the total volume of gas is roughly 8.4 cm^3.

That means the volume ratio is 8.4 cm^3 per 22 400 cm^3.
That is a fraction of 0.000375 or ~ 0.038 %.

So do you really think you can count space as not a vacuum.

Just to compare those numbers again:
Atmosphere, fraction of volume occupied: 0.000375
Space, fraction of volume occupied: 0.00000000004

To give you an idea of the ratio of the 2, the fraction of space occupied in space compared to the atmosphere is 1.2e-7, or 0.000012 %.
That is equivalent to a vacuum of 0.12 ubar, or 0.00012 mbar.
Good vacuums are typically on the order of 0.01 mbar.

So I would say space counts as a vacuum.

It gets even worse if you expand.
Beyond the edge I used, there is pretty much just more and more empty space until you get to the nearest star, proxima centuri, located 4.2 light years away.

JackBlack

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
If earth is not inside a solid shell, then where are the effects of us speeding through space without a protective shell? That is, 65,000 MPH around the sun, and millions of MPH through space. That still does not explain why we do not feel the ground, or us, speeding at 1,000 MPH, are we inside a solid shell also?

Again, you are doing it wrong.
You don't feel the wind on your bike because you lake a protective shell.
You feel it because of the air outside pushing on you.

Where is this space equivalent of air which is pushing on Earth or us?

Again, YOU DO NOT FEEL SPEED.
You feel acceleration/force, including the force of wind pressing against you.