International Space Station. Chattanooga, Tennessee, Time: 1908 - 1913

• 6 Replies
I heard about it on the news tonight and quickly posted about it online to friends, showing various sky charts, such as this listed below, which had timestamps and dot points for where the ISS would be at each time. To my roof I went, and there it was! A bright reddish-white dot in the sky coming exactly from the corner of the sky I knew it would (Northwest) and traveling in a curved route to the Southwest.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=sky+chart

- -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- -

Now I know the Earth is a spheroid. There is no debate with me on some of the basic workings of our universe, but I would ask you nay-sayers how you can deny such simple night time sightings. Any of you can go see it as it flies by. I find it easier that many of you are here as part of a social experiment to see how well you can debate a fool concept as a flat Earth and win in such debates.

How tall is the ice wall again? If the Earth is flat, how come none of you can look out straight and see this ice wall with a powerful enough telescope? How do you even know it's there with no vision of it or the fleet of ships that guard any approach to it? Is that UN Map all you have to go by? An artistic old school “photoshop” so to speak?

By what magic would the sun and moon rotate in a circle above us rather than travel in a straight trajectory? I’d like to see you do that here on earth without wheels or propellers or other tools the sun and moon do not have to make  travel in curved paths. Surely the observable above is observable below, ya? And how is it that if they be at the same elevation, yet the illuminated part of the moon forms different shapes over time from a crescent shape to oval to circle? If they were side by side, and flat, should not the sun illuminate no part of the moon save some edge of it, which would not make the shapes we see?

How can you work by your own thoughts of observation in determining the shape of the Earth, and yet without observational proof, believe in some dark conspiracy to conceal its shape? Where are your documents? And if you listen to some guy on the web saying there is a conspiracy here or there, how is it so easy to believe such words, without evidence or without even a face or voice of that person.

Every image of space or stuff in space or of the Earth, you call out things like photoshopped or it's edited and so forth. And even if such images are edited for basic purposes of illumating the truth, your deception is found, for you know and we know that such images are edited, but you use such a factoid and an informationless stretch of the imagination to say that because it is edited, it's fake. or by saying it's fake, you mean to imply that it is not what we would really see if we were to be in the place of such cameras.

And our eyes would not be like those cameras, so we might see the Earth differently than the images shown, but that does not mean that the Earth is flat, but you make that allusion or trick of words to imply such a detail, though baseless in its argument.

Or maybe many of you really are like my father, who has a predisposition to distrust those in authority: church, business or government. He finds it easy to think that with enough power, you become corrupt. And sure it happens, but that does not invalidate any good or truth that comes from such positions of power or prove that any particular branch of authority is corrupt, but so as he tricks himself, so do you trick yourselves.

I do not ask for them, but I expect that I will see the most simplistic of responses from you. Maybe you’ll debate my grammar skills or that I typed too much. Or perhaps I misspelled something or repeated myself. What side topic about my post or character would you rather question than be able to formulate a valid response. Will you point me to the archaic FAQ link that list the basic reasoning of your beliefs, which does not accurately answer any of my questions? I already know where it is.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:43:03 PM by Lykos11235 »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: International Space Station. Chattanooga, Tennessee, Time: 1908 - 1913
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 05:42:54 PM »

I heard about it on the news tonight and quickly posted about it online to friends, showing various sky charts, such as this listed below, which had timestamps and dot points for where the ISS would be at each time. To my roof I went, and there it was! A bright reddish-white dot in the sky coming exactly from the corner of the sky I knew it would (Northwest) and traveling in a curved route to the Southwest.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=sky+chart

Now I know the Earth is a spheroid.

A) I saw a dot pass overhead.

B) I know the Earth is a spheroid.

Please explain how one draws a line from A to B.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:58:04 PM »
A) I saw a dot pass overhead.
B) I know the Earth is a spheroid.

I never stated that's how I came to my understanding of the shape of the Earth. And in case you imagine that I implied such a thing, I heretofore inform you, with no uncertainty of words, that I did not come to believe what the shape of the Earth is because of what I saw in the sky tonight. Further inquiries on this tangent are closed. Choose another part of my post if you wish to comment.

I would further state that I do not have all the necessary knowledge to debate how things are the way they are or how things work, so coming in and asking why things are the way they are according to those who defend the understanding of a spherical Earth, then subsequently debating that my lack of reasoning invalidates how things are according to those who defend the understanding of a spherical Earth won't be accepted. I simply will not attempt to debate that since any reasoning I use is expected to be contested with -- oh that's what some agency said what do you know.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
That's a dangerous request to make of Bullwinkle - he'll as likely answer
"Like this A---------------------------------------------------------------B!"

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »
I do not ask for them, but I expect that I will see the most simplistic of response from you. Maybe you’ll debate my grammar skills or that I typed too much. Or perhaps I misspelled something or repeated myself. What side topic about my post would you rather question than be able to formulate a valid response. Will you point me to the archaic FAQ link that list the basic reasoning of your beliefs, which does not accurately answer any of my questions? I already know where it is.
tl;bsr[1]

:P :P  You must remember that the whole landscape changed on January 20, 2017, 9:00 AM PST.
In the past we assumed that
     Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.

― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

But that has all changed!
     Everyone is entitled to his own Alternate Facts.

― Me

So now you just have get with these Alternate Facts.
The shape of the earth seems to be anything you want to make make it! Ice-ring, Bi-polar, Dual Earth or Orlando Ferguson flat earth maps.
;) ;) Some weirdos like myself even insist that is almost a perfect sphere!  ;) ;)

PS I completely agree with "I know the Earth is a spheroid. There is no debate with me on some of the basic workings of our universe".

[1] Too Long, But I Still Read it!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »
I heretofore inform you, with no uncertainty of words, that I did not come to believe what the shape of the Earth is because of what I saw in the sky tonight. Further inquiries on this tangent are closed.

HaHaHa.

I henceforward demand you explain why you linked a passing dot with absolute knowledge of Earth shape.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
So is this meant to be a topic about the ISS with a bunch of irrelevant crap, or is it meant to be a topic about Earth being round, with irrelevant ISS stuff?