Poll

What would you do if the earth is proven to be flat without any doubt

Go see the evidence for myself, then accept that the earth is flat and admit that I have been lied to
10 (55.6%)
Go see the evidence for myself, then start a Round Earth Society forum and try to refute the presented evidence while claiming its a conspiracy
1 (5.6%)
Believe the words of the global scientific community, then read the bible, pray, and ponder my existence
0 (0%)
Quit my job and party like its 1999 !!!!
2 (11.1%)
Something else - reply in your post
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

To the Round Earthers - what would you do if the earth is proven to be flat

• 25 Replies
Round Earthers and luke-warm Flat Earthers (Oval Earthers), if lets say tomorrow you woke up and there was breaking news worldwide that scientist have discovered that the world is in fact flat and that there is a dome over us. Not only does one or a couple of scientist prove it, but every scientific organizations around the world has now found out the truth that the world is flat. And I mean they presented proof that cannot be explained or doubted in any way, like for example they found a hole in the dome and its leaking water and they give the exact location of this hole for everyone to see. This is irrefutable evidence. This would mean that we are in fact living in a lie and there is in a fact an organized group of people who has be orchestrating this lie, yet they remain hidden. This would also mean that every space agency around the world would instantly collapse and cease to function. Neil Degrasse Tyson himself would probably have to be admitted to a "Coo Coo hospital" if this happens because he would go insane from realizing he had been lied to his entire life.

What would you do in such a scenario? I'm kinda an "Oval Earther" because I want to believe that the world is flat. Its much more exciting that way instead of a "nope, no conspiracy here".

I voted option 1.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:21:18 PM by mrthirtythree »

?

robintex

• Ranters
I would go down to the nearest sea shore on a clear, calm normal day and look out to sea. If all I saw was an indistinct blur which faded away at an indefinite distance I would consider that would prove that the earth was flat.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Sandi_Vadge

• I like balls
Well if a rocket was launched into space such that you could see the Earth from enough distance to show it as an infinite flat plane with a dome over it I'd be absolutely convinced and accept it as reality. I'd also be absolutely convinced if the same thing happened and it was shown to be a globe. Oh wait!

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
Well if a rocket was launched into space such that you could see the Earth from enough distance to show it as an infinite flat plane with a dome over it I'd be absolutely convinced and accept it as reality. I'd also be absolutely convinced if the same thing happened and it was shown to be a globe. Oh wait!
So...never you mean...because if the earth had a dome...you could not launch a rocket into space...
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

disputeone

• Or should I?
So...never you mean...because if the earth had a dome...you could not launch a rocket into space...

Roundy logic.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
( ;) Here's one I had prepared beforehand  ;)) Tried that and failed miserably! It looked like a globe!

Himawari Real-Time Image 01:40 UTC 12 February 2017, Full Disk, Full Color reproduction Image.
That photo was taken at 01:40 UTC 12 February 2017 or 11:40 AM local time, downloaded it at 11:47 AM local time.
;D ;D See me waving one the eastern edge of Australia?  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:37:47 PM by rabinoz »

Gumby

• I don't exist.
Round Earthers and luke-warm Flat Earthers (Oval Earthers), if lets say tomorrow you woke up and there was breaking news worldwide that scientist have discovered that the world is in fact flat and that there is a dome over us. Not only does one or a couple of scientist prove it, but every scientific organizations around the world has now found out the truth that the world is flat. And I mean they presented proof that cannot be explained or doubted in any way, like for example they found a hole in the dome and its leaking water and they give the exact location of this hole for everyone to see. This is irrefutable evidence. This would mean that we are in fact living in a lie and there is in a fact an organized group of people who has be orchestrating this lie, yet they remain hidden. This would also mean that every space agency around the world would instantly collapse and cease to function. Neil Degrasse Tyson himself would probably have to be admitted to a "Coo Coo hospital" if this happens because he would go insane from realizing he had been lied to his entire life.

What would you do in such a scenario? I'm kinda an "Oval Earther" because I want to believe that the world is flat. Its much more exciting that way instead of a "nope, no conspiracy here".

I voted option 1.

That won't happen. It's proven for a long, long time that the earth is round.
But on April the first anything could happen...
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
I can't imagine too many things that would be more exciting.  I would follow every bit of news and research I could.

Also I would buy every flat-Earther here a beer.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Gumby

• I don't exist.
I can't imagine too many things that would be more exciting.  I would follow every bit of news and research I could.

Just in case this happens, I formally declare that I believe the earth is flat.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
I would move the focus of my research to fitting this newly found evidence in the big picture.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: To the Round Earthers - what would you do if the earth is proven to be flat
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 09:06:24 PM »
Celebration dance.

Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 11:00:16 PM »
Most of them would say they knew it all along but were just entertaining the idea that the Earth could be round.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 07:47:10 AM by Grovely »

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 11:50:39 PM »
I would go and climb that wall!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 11:57:59 PM »
Hahaha
I would hammer a nail in the wall so I can hang my picture on it
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 04:22:00 AM »

You are late.

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 08:07:19 AM »

The infinite plane doesn't have a dome.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 08:48:30 AM »

How do you know? 
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »

How do you know?

It's not based on the Bible.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 09:02:46 AM »

You are late.

That bottom picture looks like a Word Wall from Skyrim.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »
I thought it was an ancient fossilized space ship.
The world is a sphere, but I don't hold that against it.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 09:20:14 AM »

How do you know?

It's not based on the Bible.

Its based on the Torah.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 10:15:11 AM »
I thought it was an ancient fossilized space ship.

It does look like the Space Shuttle that crash landed in a snow bank ?

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 10:22:25 AM »

Also I would go out to the ice wall and start chipping until I had enough ice to cool your beers.

Chorus:

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 10:28:05 AM »
It almost looks like a Klingon bird of prey.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »
I'd be depressed because without space there's not much left to explore, sure there's the oceans but if NASAs space budget was reallocated to exploring the oceans it would all be done in no time, and after that, there wouldn't be anything left to explore, because this means there are no other stars with planets orbiting them, no galaxies filled with the potential for life, honestly it would suck.
Ignore list: İntikam
List of rules:https://goo.gl/MPRG7W