God has no religion

• 29 Replies

gg1gamer

• time enjoyed wasting is not wasted
God has no religion
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:05:12 AM »
I'm interested in your guys thought about a quote from Gandhi.
The quote: "God has no religion ~Gandhi"

IF 1 god existed i'd be inclined to believe what gandhi said.  If there was a god for each and every religion (and for some religions more than 1), well, i don't know what to believe then.

(I'm not trying to attack any particular religion here.  And i believe in the right to believe.  And yes i'm an atheist.)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: God has no religion
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:36:16 PM »
God has no religion but we are not God.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

gg1gamer

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 01:31:58 AM »
So do you think there's only 1 god for all religions, or?  And of course we aren't god, what do you mean with that?

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 01:31:58 AM »
God is a fucking hating atheist.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 01:35:59 AM »
Each and every god has been created by humanity to serve a purpose.

That is to explain the scary unknown.

gg1gamer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 02:01:43 AM »
Each and every god has been created by humanity to serve a purpose.

That is to explain the scary unknown.
"On the first day man created god ~anonymous" (the group, not an anonymous person)

Yep, something i believe to be true.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:06:26 AM by gg1gamer »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 04:05:12 AM »
So do you think there's only 1 god for all religions, or?  And of course we aren't god, what do you mean with that?

A resistance on his basic mentality.

God has no religion > So we haven't to has a religion. This is one of basic logic what is understood from this topic.

My answer: we are not God. >< So > We have a right to have a religion.

There is already one God that we not necessary to discuss.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

gg1gamer

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 04:08:08 AM »

God has no religion > So we haven't to has a religion. This is one of basic logic what is understood from this topic.

It's not because god has no religion (hypothetically) that people can't have one.  Why would that be?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 05:36:55 AM »

It's not because god has no religion (hypothetically) that people can't have one.  Why would that be?

I don't understand your point by your weak gramer or my weak english.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 05:50:43 AM »

İntikam does not understand anything because his head is wedged up his butt.

gg1gamer

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 05:52:18 AM »

Let me rephrase:
Why would people not have a religion just because god doesn't have one.
(now you can say that the grammar is bad)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 05:55:36 AM »

Let me rephrase:
Why would people not have a religion just because god doesn't have one.
(now you can say that the grammar is bad)

Oney I can't say the grammar is bad because this time isin't.

I did not say it. I said that this is one of meaning of this topic and I appealed to it.

So tell me what is the aim of the verb: "God has no religion". If it is not important for us, why did you bring this verb here?

Don't play game. Say what you mean with this topic.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:58:21 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

gg1gamer

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 06:06:15 AM »
Oney I can't say the grammar is bad because this time isin't.

I did not say it. I said that this is one of meaning of this topic and I appealed to it.

So tell me what is the aim of the verb: "God has no religion". If it is not important for us, why did you bring this verb here?

Don't play game. Say what you mean with this topic.
The aim of the quote?  To make religious people think. And the aims of this topic?  I'm interested in what you guys think about it.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 05:07:51 AM »

IF 1 god existed i'd be inclined to believe what gandhi said.  If there was a god for each and every religion (and for some religions more than 1), well, i don't know what to believe then.

(I'm not trying to attack any particular religion here.  And i believe in the right to believe.  And yes i'm an atheist.)

definition of religion according to dictionairy.com:

"a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

So, it is something specific to humans. God doesn't need to believe anything, so he doesn't need a religion. We do.

For the second part of your question I believe that there is only one God. One God for all the religions. Over centuries from the the time of the first human on earth untill today, God has been sending prophets to the earth to guide the people to the right path, some of them locally, other prophets for all humans. Everytime the message was lost and humans started to wander off again, a new prophet was sent. It is said that thousends of prophets have been sent over the centuries.
All of them delivered basically the same message, but of course there were some differences in these messages. the reason for this is because of the development of the mankind. For instance: The first prophets couldn't say that alcohol is forbidden because it wasn't invented yet. the same with homosexuality and other subjects which are forbidden in most religions nowadays.

That's why most religions have the same basic idea and differ only in detail. It's not that Islam copied stories from the Bible or that Christians copied stories from the Thorah. It's because it is actually the same religion, but updated.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 05:16:48 AM »
God has never believed in himself. You can probably trace it back to his upbringing. Plus I bet he used to wet the bed.

gg1gamer

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 07:26:56 AM »
Napoleon sorry but as soon as you said this:
The first prophets couldn't say that alcohol is forbidden because it wasn't invented yet.
I laughed for 2 minutes straight.  Alcohol existed before mankind.  It also wasn't invented, it was discovered (yes there is a HUGE difference).  God should have known this as he is all-knowing, according to the bible.  And if the bible was wrong i'm sure he'd have sent a prophet to fix it.  So i can't really take anything you said serious.

God has never believed in himself. You can probably trace it back to his upbringing. Plus I bet he used to wet the bed.
"I think god, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability" -O. Wilde

napoleon

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 11:02:06 AM »
Napoleon sorry but as soon as you said this:
The first prophets couldn't say that alcohol is forbidden because it wasn't invented yet.
I laughed for 2 minutes straight.  Alcohol existed before mankind.  It also wasn't invented, it was discovered (yes there is a HUGE difference).  God should have known this as he is all-knowing, according to the bible.  And if the bible was wrong i'm sure he'd have sent a prophet to fix it.  So i can't really take anything you said serious.
You are right. İt is discovered. İ'm sorry...my mistake...but not to take anything İ said serious is a bit too much...for such a mistake...don't you think? Besides...you don't have to...this isn't science...İ am sharing my own vision with you...you don't have to agree with me on that. I just can't believe that the universe existed out of...coincidence...a chance so small...as if it was a miracle...

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
God didn't create man in his image, man created God in man's own image.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

gg1gamer

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 02:06:12 PM »
You are right. İt is discovered. İ'm sorry...my mistake...but not to take anything İ said serious is a bit too much...for such a mistake...don't you think? Besides...you don't have to...this isn't science...İ am sharing my own vision with you...you don't have to agree with me on that. I just can't believe that the universe existed out of...coincidence...a chance so small...as if it was a miracle...

What about the religions that have multiple gods?  Does god have dissociative identity disorder?

"on the first day, man created god" ~O. Wild  Haven't i quoted this before in this thread?

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 03:14:17 PM »
A lot of religious people don't realize that one of, if not the, first iterations of a "big bang" was created by a Belgian PRIEST and astronomer George Lemaitres. He took Einstein's general relativity in its purest form(no cosmological constant), which implies an expanding or contracting universe. Since Hubble discovered the universe was expanding, Lemaitres deduced that earlier and earlier in time the universe was smaller so at one point it was all contained in what he called the primordial atom(big bang singularity).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:18:18 PM by Albert Wesker »

napoleon

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »

What about the religions that have multiple gods?  Does god have dissociative identity disorder?

"on the first day, man created god" ~O. Wild  Haven't i quoted this before in this thread?
Go ahead, make fun of it, guess I could have been a real good comedian huh?

Swiping ones vision off the table just for one misplaced word and making fun of it or reacting off topic on it is normally the tactic used by the most FE-ers here.  This just illustrates how openminded yourself are. I believe you are just as openminded and tolerant as the average FE-er

Again, we are not discussing science here. İ don't know about religions with multiple gods. İ was talking about most religions...not all religions. Just saying how i see religion.

A lot of religious people don't realize that one of, if not the, first iterations of a "big bang" was created by a Belgian PRIEST and astronomer George Lemaitres. He took Einstein's general relativity in its purest form(no cosmological constant), which implies an expanding or contracting universe. Since Hubble discovered the universe was expanding, Lemaitres deduced that earlier and earlier in time the universe was smaller so at one point it was all contained in what he called the primordial atom(big bang singularity).
I believe creationism and bing bang or evolution don't neccessarily have to contradict each other. in fact bing bang theaches us almost the same as creationism: that at first there was actually "nothing" just a huge mass in a very very small volume and from there everything else have been formed. Evolution tells us just how all living plants and animals have been formed from at first one single cell into multiple cells and eventually in the various complex creatures. But who is saying that the hand of God isn't in this? Is it possible that God used this method of evolution to create all living beings on earth? I don't know about you, but I believe that is very good possible.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:04:22 PM by napoleon »

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »
Actually, there wasn't "nothing" and there wasn't a singularity. There were just less space in the universe, so energy was more packed. The whole observable universe might have been the "size of a pea", but the whole actual universe was still vast, if not infinite, and at every point in the universe there were extreme amounts of energy. Then the universe started to expand really quickly, which spread out and lowered the energy density and eventually allowed for the universe we know today.

And if we all live in a computer simulation, the programmer(s) is(are) obviously our god(s). So treat programmers with respect.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

gg1gamer

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 07:03:47 AM »
was created by a Belgian PRIEST and astronomer George Lemaitres
Go belgians!  ;D

Go ahead, make fun of it, guess I could have been a real good comedian huh?
Respectfully, if i was trying to make fun of religious people i'd have quoted marx.  I'll do that in very small print here (copy paste it and it'll be normal size if you want to read it):
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand -Marx
And: Religion is the opium of the masses -Marx

And i don't know if you could have been a good comedian, how should i?

Swiping ones vision off the table just for one misplaced word and making fun of it or reacting off topic on it is normally the tactic used by the most FE-ers here.  This just illustrates how openminded yourself are. I believe you are just as openminded and tolerant as the average FE-er
I don't really know how i should take this.  Is this a compliment for me or an insult for the average FEer?

Again, we are not discussing science here. İ don't know about religions with multiple gods. İ was talking about most religions...not all religions. Just saying how i see religion.
Euhm, let me see some religions with multiple gods:  The ancient greeks, the ancient egyptians, Hinduism, ...  All had a significant amount of followers. 

Oh, some more quotes i could have used to make fun of religion:
I think god, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability -O. Wilde
God gave men both a penis and a brain, but not enough blood supply to run both at the same time -R. Williams

I might not be religious myself but i do believe in the right to believe.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 11:59:48 AM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 12:13:09 PM »
What do you call it when a man claims he talks to God? Insane

What do call it when millions of people all claim to talk to God? Religion

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 12:27:54 PM »

I prefer this version:
Why is it when I talk to God, they say I'm praying, but when God talks to me, they say I'm crazy?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 12:29:05 PM »

I love Joseph Campbell.

I've thought for a long time that the obsession with literalness (such as Biblical inerrancy) is killing religion. I don't think our ancestors cared about whether the stories were literally true, it was the lesson that was important. 

On the topic -

Assuming there is a god (which one, idk) perhaps we are the god's religion. Maybe the creation of the universe and everything in it was a sacred rite.   
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »
Prayer is like talking on the phone with no one at the other end.

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »
Disclaimer: I'm an atheist.

God has a religion. Many religions, actually, which is rather confusing and contradictory. Between Christianity, with Jesus claiming that he is the way, truth, and life-- that nobody goes to father except through him; to the other Abrahamic religions of Judaism and Islam, both of which claim to the truth instead.

Then you have Buddhism, which sometimes does and sometimes doesn't involve a deity, but which has the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path. Again, you are here seeing a religion in action laying claim to, even if not directly, the only way to paradise (Nirvana, Heaven, or whatever the end game is).

God is, essentially, a function of religion, which are systematic constructs devised by people. I've no interest in the ramblings of different faiths. If I, in being alive and living my life, don't know jack shit about God, the supernatural, or what have you, then others don't magically know said shit. No one does. It's all crap, anyone who tells you that they know. They don't. 

gg1gamer

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 02:13:12 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with this.  Ghandi said something similar i believe.  Here it is: "i believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world"
And i don't know what i should have against (most) fundamental truths  of the great religions.  (Apart from one: 'there is a god')

I prefer this version:
Why is it when I talk to God, they say I'm praying, but when God talks to me, they say I'm crazy?
Have you guys ever seen the house-series?

Prayer is like talking on the phone with no one at the other end.
It's also similar to talk to a wall, it also won't answer.