Debunking (so-called professor) Brian Cox gravity experiment in vacuum for BBC

• 108 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer

We don't need a video for that.  There is math and things that you can easily observe without getting out of your chair.  Like for example, you being able to sit in a chair.

You already think don't need anything, except your blinkers.

Math is working for my calculations well. But math, debunks the gravity in example examined above. But you are denying the science, in the name of acting scientific. What an irony, what a joke, what a pathetic man!
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

İgnored: Disputeone

JackBlack

But you are saying lie. Because you are respect me. If you don't respect me, so you don't reply my posts.
No, I'm not lying.
I have little to no respect for you because of your actions.
Me replying to your lies and bullshit does not mean I respect you.

Now how about you address the fact that the key part of the experiment you object to agrees with the formula you provided and thus if it is fake, so is your formula?

Math is working for my calculations well. But math, debunks the gravity in example examined above. But you are denying the science, in the name of acting scientific. What an irony, what a joke, what a pathetic man!
Nope. The one denying science here is you.
You act like gravity is the only factor when in reality there are several.
But you say things should fall according to your formula, which directly matches gravity alone.
So that would mean your formula is wrong as well, but you don't seem to comment on that.

Many people have seen the feather/coin in a vacuum experiment in person with their own eyes.  It is a very high bar to suggest people have not seen it with their own eyes.  It happens often in high school science classes, it happened in my high school science class.  I listed several videos from several sources demonstrating it.

Let's completely ignore the Brian Cox for discussion sake.  There are still many examples of this experiment happening.

To continue to claim that gravity does not exist and that it's air pressure and buoyancy forcing things down, something must be offered to explain the feather/coin in a vacuum experiment.

Calling the case closed doesn't actually close the case.  Offer an explanation, lets have a discussion about it, reason through the points, try some other experiments.  I'm up for that.  Until that happens, this experiment stands as very strong evidence for gravity.

We don't need a video for that.  There is math and things that you can easily observe without getting out of your chair.  Like for example, you being able to sit in a chair.

You already think don't need anything, except your blinkers.

No, math does not debunk gravity in the example examined above.  You don't seem to understand that when you say something, that doesn't create truth.  The truth already exists regardless of your opinion.  YOU are the ultimate denier of science, truth, and reason.  You have clearly been exposed as the fool of fools on this site, but as is natural for a fool, you are too foolish to realize it.  Not even the flat earth community here acknowledges your bullshit...you literally have no purpose, anywhere.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
A new video how Brian Cox has caught while escaping the questions and is a hoax:

A clear evidence.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

JackBlack

A new video how Brian Cox has caught while escaping the questions and is a hoax:

A clear evidence.
Not quite.
Part of clear evidence of the dishonesty of the FEers.

His question is still there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9tb6jh/im_brian_cox_professor_of_physics_author_host_of/e8v08l3/

Cox only stayed on for a few hours and there were hundreds of questions. He isn't going to be able to answer them all or even notice them all.
The question he is focusing on was posted quite late into it and it wasn't deleted.
After posting about his question getting removed, Cox responded (yet he didn't bother including that in the video). He only then reposted the question in response over an hour after Cox left. And he deleted his own post.

Elsewhere Cox even posted why he thinks it is pointless to discuss things with FEers.

And it isn't surprising that Cox feels that way especially as it is quite clear the poster is blatantly lying.
He is asking the same old refuted nonsense.

As a quick recap:
1 - No barrier is needed, just like you can have water sitting below no water. A pressure gradient will exist in all mediums, as is clearly observed with all fluids, even the atmosphere with the pressure decreasing with elevation. This means that no barrier is needed.
2 - There is no clear boundary. A vacuum is not devoid of all matter, it just has a very low amount of matter, significantly lower than air.
3 - By joining the pieces together. Appealing to speed just shows wilful ignorance of inertia. Why should it be left behind? Only a perfectly circular orbit would be a tightrope, and the 2 sides of it aren't falling to Earth or flying off to space, they would be 2 elliptical orbits, one with that point as perigee, the other with it as apogee.
4 - The same way they work in atmosphere, and you can think about it in 2 ways. The simplest is gas is ejected out the back of the rocket which will necessarily result in the rocket being pushed the other way.
5 - Are you lifting the entire ocean? No. Instead you are just lifting a tiny portion.

It is clear from the post that he isn't interested in the truth as if he actually bothered looking the first is done quite easily, with easy measurable, repeatable, observable experiments which he is choosing to ignore.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer

A clear evidence.
Not quite.
Part of clear evidence of the dishonesty of the FEers.

His question is still there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9tb6jh/im_brian_cox_professor_of_physics_author_host_of/e8v08l3/

Cox only stayed on for a few hours and there were hundreds of questions. He isn't going to be able to answer them all or even notice them all.
The question he is focusing on was posted quite late into it and it wasn't deleted.
After posting about his question getting removed, Cox responded (yet he didn't bother including that in the video). He only then reposted the question in response over an hour after Cox left. And he deleted his own post.

Elsewhere Cox even posted why he thinks it is pointless to discuss things with FEers.

And it isn't surprising that Cox feels that way especially as it is quite clear the poster is blatantly lying.
He is asking the same old refuted nonsense.

As a quick recap:
1 - No barrier is needed, just like you can have water sitting below no water. A pressure gradient will exist in all mediums, as is clearly observed with all fluids, even the atmosphere with the pressure decreasing with elevation. This means that no barrier is needed.
2 - There is no clear boundary. A vacuum is not devoid of all matter, it just has a very low amount of matter, significantly lower than air.
3 - By joining the pieces together. Appealing to speed just shows wilful ignorance of inertia. Why should it be left behind? Only a perfectly circular orbit would be a tightrope, and the 2 sides of it aren't falling to Earth or flying off to space, they would be 2 elliptical orbits, one with that point as perigee, the other with it as apogee.
4 - The same way they work in atmosphere, and you can think about it in 2 ways. The simplest is gas is ejected out the back of the rocket which will necessarily result in the rocket being pushed the other way.
5 - Are you lifting the entire ocean? No. Instead you are just lifting a tiny portion.

It is clear from the post that he isn't interested in the truth as if he actually bothered looking the first is done quite easily, with easy measurable, repeatable, observable experiments which he is choosing to ignore.

Because he has renewed his question. But as far as we see that Cox could not answered it. You are not Brian Cox mister. You have no right to answer them. And your answers are already wrong that no need to mention.

His question was upside of the question of nessimez:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9tb6jh/im_brian_cox_professor_of_physics_author_host_of/

But new post is under of it. It means, Cox has wanted to delete it then gone without answer. It is clear, he has escaped. Do not defend someone who is a liar and coward.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:58:01 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!

A clear evidence.

I wouldn't go so far as escaping, I would say discounting and disregarding. Rightfully so.

Do you really think those 5 questions were so hard hitting, flummoxing, absolutely detrimental and a worrying cause of exposing the globe earth theory as a fraud if he dared near them? Oh my.

My goodness, we deal with those inane questions here everyday of the week. Childsplay.

Keep digging. This is the lamest unearthing to try and "expose" someone I've seen in a long time. Downright disappointing.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:39:07 AM by Stash »

JackBlack

Because he has renewed his question.
No. He didn't renew it. We can tell based upon the timestamps.
His comment was posted at 17:45, and was posted "3 minutes ago" for the video, bringing the time to 17:48.
The comment clearly visible in the thread was posted at 16:54. That would make it roughly "54 minutes ago", which when you include rounding for the seconds, matches quite well to the "55 minutes ago" in the video.

He is blatantly lying.

For his next post, we can go to https://www.removeddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9tb6jh/im_brian_cox_professor_of_physics_author_host_of/e8v1kjb/ to clearly see who made the comment (he did).
We can then go to the normal reddit link, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9tb6jh/im_brian_cox_professor_of_physics_author_host_of/e8v1kjb/ and we can clearly see "Comment deleted by user"
So he deleted that post, not anyone else.

Again, he is blatantly lying.

You have no right to answer them.
It was a question asked on a public forum. I have every right to answer.

And your answers are already wrong that no need to mention.
If they were you would be able to explain why they were wrong, rather than just dismiss them.
The fact you have just dismissed them shows you likely have no answer.

His question was upside of the question of nessimez:
Yes, as he just posted it and that is where your post appears after you post it, for you.
It doesn't magically remain there.

It means, Cox has wanted to delete it
Stop lying.
It is clear that no one deleted it. The post is still there. You can tell based upon the time stamps.
Or are you going to claim that the other comment was recreated before that post at just the right time?

Do not defend someone who is a liar and coward.
I'm not the one defending a liar.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
I just looked up the AMA:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9tb6jh/im_brian_cox_professor_of_physics_author_host_of/

Here's the guy's questions on page 3:

What's the problem again? He asked questions in a Reddit AMA and they weren't addressed? Lawdy me! CONSPIRACY!

I kinda think the next guy's question was far more fascinating.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
...warning...

So you have splitted my post. Are you ready to big dominator?  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

What's the problem again? He asked questions in a Reddit AMA and they weren't addressed? Lawdy me! CONSPIRACY!

He could just type them into Google and get the correct answers pretty quickly...
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

"As a budding astronomer and hobby astrophysicist"

Oh, really?

JackBlack

So you have splitted my post.
Yes, as I typically do.
I notice you didn't bother attempting to respond, just like you ignored a large part of the last post.
Why is that?
Is it because you know you can't?

Again, it is quite clear he is lying.
You can easily find answers for at least his first question, complete with experiments which can be conducted which meet his requirements (i.e. measurable, etc). So he hasn't made any attempt to and the end of his post is an outright lie.
You can easily find his original post, and compare it to the time stamps to confirm it was not deleted like he claims.
You can easily find his second post, and find out that it was deleted by him, not others like he claims.
As far as I can tell, he never posted his last comment (which isn't surprising considering he shows it before it is submitted).

So are you ready to defend his lies?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Soul Transformer
So you have splitted my post.
Yes, as I typically do.
I notice you didn't bother attempting to respond, just like you ignored a large part of the last post.
Why is that?
Is it because you know you can't?

Again, it is quite clear he is lying.
You can easily find answers for at least his first question, complete with experiments which can be conducted which meet his requirements (i.e. measurable, etc). So he hasn't made any attempt to and the end of his post is an outright lie.
You can easily find his original post, and compare it to the time stamps to confirm it was not deleted like he claims.
You can easily find his second post, and find out that it was deleted by him, not others like he claims.
As far as I can tell, he never posted his last comment (which isn't surprising considering he shows it before it is submitted).

So are you ready to defend his lies?

I just wondered are you ready to I splitting your post too. Because when I did it last time, you were crying and ignored most of statements.

Because you are liar and agree the earth's being flat by not answering all the statements.

Either do not cry, or do not do anything cause you to cry.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
Here you all argue and argue. And then tell me why the feather did not fly to the ball, if it flew so briskly to the ground? I do not think that there is an adequate explanation for this.
Everything falls to the ground and why it is not clear exactly.
The earth believes, because magic exists!

JackBlack

I just wondered are you ready to I splitting your post too. Because when I did it last time, you were crying and ignored most of statements.
No, I didn't ignore them, I responded to them, but at times I Responded to multiple statements. Then when you just kept repeating the same pathetic dismissals with absolutely nothing backing them up, I stopped responding to them.

Meanwhile, you have already started to ignore my statements, or not respond to them. This shows splitting up your posts does nothing. Even without them split up you still ignore things.

Now quit with the childish games and defend your claims/the claims of the video.

Again, it is quite easy to find his post:
Based upon the timestamps, and the timestamp of the other post shown in the video, it is easy to confirm that his original post still exists and was not deleted at all.
We can use removed reddit to find his other post, and then compare it to that on reddit to clearly see that this second comment of his was removed by himself. We can also see in that same location that Cox responded to him and he only reposted his question after Cox had already left.

If we look at the thread we can see that hundreds of questions were asked so it is insane to expect Cox to respond to them. We can also find plenty he didn't respond to, such as:
What books are on your shelf?
What do you think of Elon Musk & SpaceX raising the profile of space exploration? Good publicity for the community or just a marketing ploy?
Why do males have nipples?

I can post loads more.
The vast majority of the questions asked were not responded to. That is just the nature of how these AMAs work.
So his question not getting answered can simply mean Cox never saw it or never got around to answering it.

We also see a post by Cox explaining his position on engaging FEers:
"I honestly think it's a lost cause. There is no logical pattern to it, so you can't argue with it! It's like arguing with a random number generator."

It is also abundantly clear that the poster is lying. His very first question is easily answered, with answers which are measurable, repeatable, observable. All he would have to do is a simple google search. So that shows he either doesn't care about the answers (and thus is not a hobby astrophysicist), or is blatantly lying when he says that he is yet to find any explanations.

So you have a video filled with lies to attack Cox.

I have also provided answers to all 5 questions, as they are very simple questions, yet you just dismiss them as wrong, without any rational justification for that dismissal.

JackBlack

Here you all argue and argue. And then tell me why the feather did not fly to the ball, if it flew so briskly to the ground? I do not think that there is an adequate explanation for this.
Everything falls to the ground and why it is not clear exactly.

Earth has a mass of roughly 5,970,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg. It is located roughly 6,371,000 m away from the feather.
This means the feather will accelerate towards Earth at a rate of roughly 9.82 m/s^2.

Assuming they are using the full height of the ~37 m tower (they are using less) this fall would take 2.75 seconds.

The bowling ball, being generous and overestimating the acceleration from that by making it heavier than the heavy end of allowed masses with a mass of 10 kg, with a separation of a mere 0.1 m (meaning the feather would be partially inside the ball), would result in an acceleration of 0.00000007 m/s^2.
Over the 2.75 second fall, that would result in a displacement of 0.00000025 m. That is far too small to notice and would be smaller than a single pixel.

To put it simply, the gravitational attraction to Earth makes the gravitational attraction to the ball indistinguishable from noise.
You would need to counteract the pull from Earth to notice the attraction between the ball and feather.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
YackBlack - bravo! You are the best  :) :) :)
The earth believes, because magic exists!