The experiment of roof

• 44 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
The experiment of roof
« on: January 23, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »
A man or woman can easy done this test to proof the earth is flat or not who has a barometer and nivo. Or you can test the curvature of the earth.

We pre accept as the  pressure is uniformly distributed. So same altitude has same pressure of air. With using this feature, we can calculate the curvature isin't exist. By this way.

Requirements:

- A barometer
- A nivo
- A meter (or a jalon)

Experiment:

Find out two buildings have about same high and altitude. Buildings near to Beach is compatibled for this. Choose two buildings has same number of multiples. Buildings should be at least 1 kilometre away from themselves.

Measure with a barometer on the roof of someone. Measure with a barometer on the roof of other. Find a point you can look with a nivo from one roof to the other one. measure the air pressure on that point. Mark the point as exact on a bar marked with meter. Go to the other roof. Find out same air pressure value by reading barometer. Mark it too. Create nivo to the that point.

Take care the spirit level to be true. This is the most important point.

Now.

Look from the marked point of second roof to the marked point of the first one. Depends on "world curvature calculator" you should to read 8 centimeters more. If there is no any curvature, you should to see first marked point.

Basic, exact and deadly.

With a shape: Like this:

Edit: Drawing is edited.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:39:17 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
Re: The experiment of roof
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:27:57 AM »
Anybody?
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:31:04 AM »
A man or woman can easy done this test to proof the earth is flat or not who has a barometer and nivo. Or you can test the curvature of the earth.

We pre accept as the  pressure is uniformly distributed. So same altitude has same pressure of air. With using this feature, we can calculate the curvature isin't exist. By this way.

Requirements:

- A barometer
- A nivo
- A meter (or a jalon)

Experiment:

Find out two buildings have about same high and altitude. Buildings near to Beach is compatibled for this. Choose two buildings has same number of multiples. Buildings should be at least 1 kilometre away from themselves.

Measure with a barometer on the roof of someone. Measure with a barometer on the roof of other. Find a point you can look with a nivo from one roof to the other one. measure the air pressure on that point. Mark the point as exact on a bar marked with meter. Go to the other roof. Find out same air pressure value by reading barometer. Mark it too. Create nivo to the that point.

Now.

Look from the marked point of second roof to the marked point of the first one. Depends on "world curvature calculator" you should to read 8 centimeters more. If there is no any curvature, you should to sea first marked point.

Basic, exact and deadly.

A true example of a fine mind at work.
I think John Davies has some competition here as regards the world's greatest Zetetic scientist.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:31:41 AM »
Anybody?

Not necessary.

The instruments make their own measurements.  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 12:33:49 AM »
We could always whip up another $20 for this guy. I'm pretty sure he would enjoy some quiet crate time. I hear it's good for those with a fine Zetetic mind.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:34:08 AM »

Requirements:

- A barometer
- A nivo
- A meter (or a jalon)

Experiment:

Now.

Look from the marked point of second roof to the marked point of the first one. Depends on "world curvature calculator" you should to read 8 centimeters more. If there is no any curvature, you should to sea first marked point.

Basic, exact and deadly.

With a shape: Like this:

Why should I perform a deadly experience?

How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 12:37:13 AM »
You're expecting a high degree of accuracy from a barometer wouldn't you say?
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:40:51 AM »

We should to trust something, true?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 12:41:26 AM »
We could always whip up another $20 for this guy. I'm pretty sure he would enjoy some quiet crate time. I hear it's good for those with a fine Zetetic mind.

If there is a team, these things work better.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 12:43:33 AM »

Careful there......remember who started off this post. It's mandatory to include at least one piece of pure nonesense otherwise people might get the wrong idea.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 12:45:21 AM »

Yup true..true...though you might want to ensure that your team don't trip up on their straight jackets......those long sleeves can be a real hazard.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 12:57:37 AM »

It seems that we have a competition between the two world leading authorities in zeteticismical szienze.
The objective of this exciting competition is to create the sillyest experiment to prove the flatness of the globe.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 02:43:11 AM »

Yup true..true...though you might want to ensure that your team don't trip up on their straight jackets......those long sleeves can be a real hazard.

You can not claim that something is wrong without revealing why that thing is wrong. Now put 20 dollars in your pocket. Perhaps you'll buy the gum with it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 02:57:28 AM »

Crate time always better in a team.
But we all know the result of the experiment.
Crates don't fly in low pressure buildings.
How dumb can you be?

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 03:23:13 AM »
Well I just checked the internet and found out that this has been done in the portuguese algarve coast in 1973.
The two researchers, Manuel from Barcelona and Basil from Torquay, performed the test using a theodolite and four calibrated altimeters. The theodolite was yellow and the altimeters were black green and blue.
The result was published in the portuguese scientific journal Borda d'Agua.
The results were quite exciting but someting got lost in translation.
According to the published paper you shouldn't mix concret in your bathtub.
How dumb can you be?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 04:22:31 AM »
You can not claim that something is wrong without revealing why that thing is wrong. Now put 20 dollars in your pocket. Perhaps you'll buy the gum with it.
Well, Mr İntikam, I can claim that it is wrong! Here is why you are completely wrong and it has no possibility of working.

The is absolutely no way you are going to even see 8 cm with an aneroid altimeter,  let alone measure it accurately.

You might learn a bit from the FAA, they happen to be experts on high accuracy altimeters.
Take a look in Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, e-CFR data is current as of January 18, 2017 where you will lean that the allowed tolerance on aircraft altineters is 20 feet.

Look at the dial of an analog altimeter:
The tick marks are every 20 feet. One could easily eyeball 20 foot increments, and even 10 foot increments (with the pointer directly between two ticks). Similarly the pressure settings are marked every 0.02 inches of mercury (or 1mb), allowing for a fairly precise setting of the value.

Digital altimeters are extremely precise (often offering one-foot precision in their display, and 0.01 inches of mercury for the pressure setting).

From Aviation Stack Exchange
An altimeter would be quite useless for what you want.

Now an ordinary spirit level is not nearly good enough, you would have you get a surveyors quality level, something like the Nikon AS-2/AE-7 Series Automatic Levels, with a telescope of:
Resolution power . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . AS-2/2C: 2.5", AE-7/7C: 3" (2.5" is 2.5 seconds of arc)
A 1 km distance would normally be levelled as a number of shorter runs.
The STANDARD DEVIATION in 1-km double-run levelling is about ±1.0 mm±(3+3)ppm).
The complicated looking error boils down to better than ±7.0 mm over 1 km, but this is not a local hardware store type of level.

Given a highly professional surveyor, you might manage it, but the altimeter is completely useless for small changes like this.

So now, please admit that you are completely wrong.

By the way, a geodetic surveyor can prove that the earth is not flat very easily!
He would just measure the dip angle to the horizon, as Abū Rayḥān Bīrūnī did in measuring the radius of the earth over 1,000 years ago!

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 04:37:11 AM »
sorry man but this is wrong the main problem is that in a globe model the earth is not perfect ball and this wuld be unaccurate and invalid...
Flat earth asshole: "The flat earth society is run by nasa" Random:"Just imagine the silence in the world, if people talked only what they knew"

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 05:10:21 AM »
Why not do a more accurate test? just like the Bedfort Level Experiment:
find a river or canal which is relatively still water and where you can look 2 miles over the water surface
Take 3 fixed poles 3m high (from tip to waterlevel): one at the beginning, one in the middle and one on the end;
look from the first pole to the third pole with binoculars or theodolite;
If FE --> all three poles should be alligned perfectly;
If GE --> the middle pole should be slightly higher.

( how do I insert images in here?)
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »
find a river or canal which is relatively still water and where you can look 2 miles over the water surface
Take 3 fixed poles 3m high (from tip to waterlevel): one at the beginning, one in the middle and one on the end;

Or use a laser like in the documentary below:

How dumb can you be?

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
According to the published paper you shouldn't mix concret in your bathtub.
This is quite correct.  Always use someone else's bathtub.  Ideally when they're out.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 09:41:18 AM »

Why not just look at one of the real time images from space....problem solved.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 12:16:46 PM »

The hardcore FE-er doesn't consider that as proof unfortunately...you need to think like them ;)
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 12:43:44 PM »

The hardcore FE-er doesn't consider that as proof unfortunately...you need to think like them ;)
Welcome to the fray, surely with napoleon here we should get somewhere - just hope that there are no long cold Russian winters nor Waterloos around!

How true but that does not help. I don't believe that there is any way to prove that the earth is not flat to "the hardcore FE-er ".

Here is the official word on conspiracy from "the (still hacked by Mr.DreamX196) Flat Earth Wiki"
Essentially the reasoning boils down to -
P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET
C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence
P4) If there is large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it
P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)
C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.

In other words "If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts "Flat Earth Theory" then the evidence is fabricated".
Now no one person can, say, measure the dimensions of the earth, so such evidence is defined automatically as fabricated.

In other words, quite contrary to what John Davis, the Flat Earth "Theory" is non-falsifiable" and therefore
cannot be claimed to be a scientific theory, and should be correctly called a "Flat Earth Hypothesis".

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »
sorry man but this is wrong the main problem is that in a globe model the earth is not perfect ball and this wuld be unaccurate and invalid...

This is just a defensive lie. Look to NASA videos, open the google earth, or yandex map, you'll see just a perfect curve.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »

This is just a defensive lie. Look to NASA videos, open the google earth, or yandex map, you'll see just a perfect curve.

It's not!
How dumb can you be?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 03:16:15 PM »

You show me what NASA videos you mean, but in the meantime here is a photo of one hemisphere of the real earth.

Himawari-8 20160705120000fd
Looks fairly round I guess. But look at the dimensions of the earth:
Pole to pole diameter: 
Equatorial diameter: 
12,714 km
12,756 km
There is a difference of only 42 km in an average of 12,735 km or ±0.16%! Are you really going to claim that you could see a variation from a perfect circle like that?
On the original of that image ±0.16% is ±1.3 pixels.
Yes, it looks almost a perfect circle, because it is almost a perfect circle! funny about that!

Then you say, "open the google earth". Google Earth is just a map created from aerial and satellite photos, nothing else.

And you say the "yandex map", you'll see just a perfect curve" again it's just a map!
All I can see on Yandex Maps is a type of Mercator Projection. No image of the globe!
You have no idea of scale at all. Every argument you make is wrong out of pure ignorance!
Now I know that you, Mr Smartypants İntikam, will not read this, but others might and come to realise that all your arguments are false.

4pir2

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »
sorry for the off topic but this i entertaining
There are soooo many variables not considered in the experiment, starting with the:
We pre accept as the  pressure is uniformly distributed - followed by
Find out two buildings have about same high and altitude
(  )

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »
This "experiment" has major flaws. As previously mentioned, altimeter accuracy is way below what is required for this experiment. Also, you assume, that the distribution of pressure levels is absolutely perfect (to a degree where you could measure a different of 8 cm) - without disturbance, local variations etc. Regardless of what you measure during the experiment, it tells you nothing about whether the earth is flat or not. So the atmospheric properties are not sufficient for your experiment and the tool with which you want to measure these atmospheric properties isn't either.

Oh, and by the way: the reason why some models of the earth are circular (I don't know how exactly you wanna find that out, because you couldn't even see the difference between a correct model and a perfect sphere without exactly measuring the model) is pretty simple: they are models, not perfect copies of the real one. For many practical applications, the assumption of a perfect sphere (or at least a simplification of the real shape) is sufficient and since many calculations are much faster on a perfect sphere, developers decide to use these models. For a consumer product such as Google Earth: no problem at all.

FL390
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:14:06 PM by FL390 »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 10:12:11 PM »

That experiment is already done and proved the earth is flat. There is two experiment, one of them is Bedford level experiment depends on observation, and the other one is laser test.  If I find out about that video about "laser  experiment" , bring here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:17:12 PM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 10:19:27 PM »
Flat earth laser test made in 2016. Proves the earth is straightly flat.

Second part of this experiment.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:17:42 PM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1