Flat Earth scientist

• 25 Replies
Flat Earth scientist
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:27:56 AM »
Hello,
Are there any flat earth scientist who have published their research. And did other researcher confirm these findings.
Where would I be able to find these reports.

Greetings
Ray

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Member of the Brotherhood of the Dome
Re: Flat Earth scientist
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 05:09:51 AM »
Orlando Ferguson.

I don't know him.

He did a famous FE map and I corrected his map by using flying times when I was trying to create my own map.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:58:43 AM »
In 1893, Orlando Ferguson, a real estate developer based in South Dakota, drew a map of the Earth that combined biblical and scientific knowledge in a unique way. The map accompanied a 92-page lecture that Ferguson — referring to himself as a "professor" — delivered in town after town, traveling far and wide to share his theory of geography, highlighted by his belief that the Earth was flat.

http://www.livescience.com/14754-ingenious-flat-earth-theory-revealed-map.html

- a "real estate developer" is not a scientist
- biblical texts are not scientific and have been proven to be unscientific in many cases
- since 124 years ago no other real Flat Earth scientist has jumped into the arena?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:05:38 AM by Gaia_Redonda »
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 07:30:03 AM »
In 1893, Orlando Ferguson, a real estate developer based in South Dakota, drew a map of the Earth that combined biblical and scientific knowledge in a unique way. The map accompanied a 92-page lecture that Ferguson referring to himself as a "professor" delivered in town after town, traveling far and wide to share his theory of geography, highlighted by his belief that the Earth was flat.

- biblical texts are not scientific and have been proven to be unscientific in many cases
- since 124 years ago no other real Flat Earth scientist has jumped into the arena?

I also found this info. 
Does anybody has a link to that 94page document?

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 04:33:25 AM »
Still waiting for names of flat earth scientists or a link to a webpage with alost

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 06:36:56 AM »
Still waiting for names of flat earth scientists or a link to a webpage with alost

Do you mean a real cientist with proper education?

I guess there is none.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 06:43:40 AM »

I guess there is none.

It can also be an carpenter or a real estate agent, only if their findings are reviewed and confirmed by independent researchers.

gg1gamer

• time enjoyed wasting is not wasted
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 07:26:22 AM »
I asked the same question a week or 2-3 ago and also got no answer.  So i started amusing myself by reading through all of these books.  It was rather fun destroying everything said in them. 
The link goes to the library and if we read the FAQ quickly we read: "Our Library also has a great selection of books that further detail proof of the planar Earth."  Now i still haven't found that great selection of books that provide proof for a FE.  I guess they are hiding the books that contain real proof  ;D

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 07:41:55 AM »

I guess there is none.

It can also be an carpenter or a real estate agent, only if their findings are reviewed and confirmed by independent researchers.

A carpenter's son started a lot of troube 2000 years ago...
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 07:54:20 AM »
Alexander Gleason of "Gleason's Map" was a Civil Engineer from Buffalo, New York.

Samuel Birley Rowbotham claimed to have PhD and MD. These are questionable. PhD was not a degree in the U.K. until much later.
Rowbotham would have had to go to another country to earn a PhD. There is  no record of him ever leaving the country.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:21:22 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 09:43:04 AM »
Alexander Gleason of "Gleason's Map" was a Civil Engineer from Buffalo, New York.

Samuel Birley Rowbotham claimed to have PhD and MD

Thanks I will look them up.
Do you know someone that is still alive?

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »

Rowbotham was charlatan...

I don't know much about Gleason but he patented a map based on previous knowledge...
How dumb can you be?

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 10:45:48 AM »

I don't know much about Gleason but he patented a map based on previous knowledge...
I also found the info that Rowbotham was disproved.
About Gleason I mostly saw him mentioned on the flat earth society, I could not found info how his research was other than taking stuff from the Bible.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »

About Gleason I mostly saw him mentioned on the flat earth society, I could not found info how his research was other than taking stuff from the Bible.

Gleason's Map appears to be copied from The Unipolar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection.
Rowbotham also operated as "Dr. S. Golden" ,  who had an elixiir claimed to cure all diseases.

Chorus:

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »

Gleason's Map appears to be copied from The Unipolar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection.
Rowbotham also operated as "Dr. S. Golden" ,  who had an elixiir claimed to cure all diseases.

A fine example of FE scientists!
How dumb can you be?

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »
Our library is a good start!
Quantum Ab Hoc

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 05:59:51 PM »
Here is some trivia on notes on Gleason's Map.:

"Modern" is a common mis-spelling of "Morden", as in Morden College
Morden College, in Blackheath, England, is a charity organization for a home for "retired merchants who have lost their estates."
The term "College" is in no reference to an institution of higher learning such as a college or university, but in the sense of being a "collegiate" type organization.
Morden College was established in 1695 by Sir John Morden.
Joseph Streep Christopher was a retired merchant who was an "inmate" of Morden College from 1875 to 1894 until his death at the age of 89. His application for membership in Morden College only lists him as a retired merchant.
No information was found as to any connection with cartography in reference to the map.
No information was found as to any connection between Gleason and Christopher to the map .

"There is also a letter from a Trustee, H.B. Heath, to our then Treasurer , written in 1890.:
'As a matter of curiosity, can you tell me which of the inmates of the College entertained the theory that the earth is flat ? Not Mr. Christopher ? '"

-The above information was supplied by research personnel at Morden College
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:48:05 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
No information was found as to any connection with cartography in reference to the map.
No information was found as to any connection between Gleason and Christopher to the map .

"There is also a letter from a Trustee, H.B. Heath, to our then Treasurer , written in 1890.:
'As a matter of curiosity, can you tell me which of the inmates of the College entertained the theory that the earth is flat ? Not Mr. Christopher ? '"

-The above information was supplied by research personnel at Morden College

Have a look at Gleason's New Standard Map of the World.
Nothing Morden College, just about Alex Gleason, a couple of books he wrote and a like to a high resolution Gleason's Flat Earth Map as it was intended.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 11:50:48 PM »
In 1893, Orlando Ferguson, a real estate developer based in South Dakota, drew a map of the Earth that combined biblical and scientific knowledge in a unique way. The map accompanied a 92-page lecture that Ferguson referring to himself as a "professor" delivered in town after town, traveling far and wide to share his theory of geography, highlighted by his belief that the Earth was flat.

he is not asking for a scientist, he is asking for a "flat earth scientist ". Don't forget flat earth scientists are not accepted as scientist by popular scientists. Oppositely we are not accepting popular scientists are scientist. So the name of Orlando ferguson is true, because he is a "flat earth scientist" that accepted by us. That is the important point. Not what you are thinking.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 06:04:36 AM »

he is not asking for a scientist, he is asking for a "flat earth scientist ". Don't forget flat earth scientists are not accepted as scientist by popular scientists. Oppositely we are not accepting popular scientists are scientist. So the name of Orlando ferguson is true, because he is a "flat earth scientist" that accepted by us. That is the important point. Not what you are thinking.

basically correct, but also their publications have to contain the reason why they come to their conclusions.
it is not enough only to write something, it also has be proven with testable evidence.
Otherwise that text is only a novel and proves nothing.

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 06:42:43 AM »

The scientific method, the philosophy of science, luckily doesn't depend on what "popular" or mainstream scientists are claiming to be true.

It's a methodology that works and is valid; making observations, formulating a hypothesis, testing that hypothesis, formulating a theory, testing that theory for consistency and predictability.

If you say Ferguson has followed that basic principle, despite not having scientific education, then back up that argument with data; how did he reach his conclusions that a Flat Earth is the model that best explained observations until that day, and how did it explain future observations.

That's the way to make a point.

You are very right that among so-called "popular" scientists and science a lot of lies and garbage is spread. But it's those that do not fit the principle of science; they are anti-science.
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 12:19:14 PM »

The scientific method, the philosophy of science, luckily doesn't depend on what "popular" or mainstream scientists are claiming to be true.

It's a methodology that works and is valid; making observations, formulating a hypothesis, testing that hypothesis, formulating a theory, testing that theory for consistency and predictability.

If you say Ferguson has followed that basic principle, despite not having scientific education, then back up that argument with data; how did he reach his conclusions that a Flat Earth is the model that best explained observations until that day, and how did it explain future observations.

That's the way to make a point.

You are very right that among so-called "popular" scientists and science a lot of lies and garbage is spread. But it's those that do not fit the principle of science; they are anti-science.

Populer science brings only the rules of "pupular science". Real science determines its own rules. Every science claims its own rules. Actually every "science", sets its own rule. There is no general rules or they are not valid. You can not set a rule for biology as an engineer. Or you can't set a rule of religion as you are a biologist. Scholars set the rule of faith. Biologists set the rule of "biology science". So; rules of "flat earth science"  only can be set by flat earth scientists. You accept or not. You see flat earth scientists as non scientific and we see your scientists as dishonest. There is no difference.

We do not accept your rules. We do not care about your acceptance about our rules. We set our own rules, not you or your fake scientists have a right do that . If you try to do, you'll see that most of us doesn't care about them.

As a result, Ferguson is one of greatest scientist of FE'rs. For popular science Einstein or Newton what meaning, Ferguson means about same things for us. You accept or not. In my opinion, Einstein is a liar and not a scientist. What is difference? Depends of your rules, I'm wrong. But depends on our rules, you and your argues are nothing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:25:34 PM by İntikam »

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 12:34:57 PM »

Populer science brings only the rules of "pupular science". Real science determines its own rules. Every science claims its own rules. Actually every "science", sets its own rule. There is no general rules or they are not valid. You can not set a rule for biology as an engineer. Or you can't set a rule of religion as you are a biologist. Scholars set the rule of faith. Biologists set the rule of "biology science". So; rules of "flat earth science"  only can be set by flat earth scientists. You accept or not. You see flat earth scientists as non scientific and we see your scientists as dishonest. There is no difference.

We do not accept your rules. We do not care about your acceptance about our rules. We set our own rules, not you or your fake scientists have a right do that . If you try to do, most of our doesn't care about them.

As a result, Ferguson is one of greatest scientist of FE'rs. For popular science Einstein or Newton what meaning, Ferguson means about same things for us. You accept or not. In my opinion, Einstein is a liar and not a scientist. What is difference? Depends of your rules, I'm wrong. But depends on our rules, you and your argues are nothing.

but you forget the rules of the reality.
If your rules, that you made up to explain your worldview, are not following the rules of the reality than your rules are simply wrong.
And even your rules are not consisted.

for example you have still not explained how the Ferguson Map works without gravity.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:59 PM »

We do not accept your rules. We do not care about your acceptance about our rules. We set our own rules, not you or your fake scientists have a right do that . If you try to do, most of our doesn't care about them.

If your rules, that you made up to explain your worldview, are not following the rules of the reality than your rules are simply wrong.

for example you have still not explained how the Ferguson Map works without gravity.

We are not talking about "rules of reality". We are talking about "rules of science". You speak unnecessarily.

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 02:22:47 AM »

We are not talking about "rules of reality". We are talking about "rules of science". You speak unnecessarily.

OK than you admit that your rules of "science" are not the same as the rules of reality.
That than means that you "science"  is not real and can not proven in reality.

IT is ok if you live in your imaginary world, it is not ok to try to pull others into you world and out of the reality.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 04:07:18 AM »

OK than you admit that your rules of "science" are not the same as the rules of reality.
That than means that you "science"  is not real and can not proven in reality.

IT is ok if you live in your imaginary world, it is not ok to try to pull others into you world and out of the reality.

I meant rules of science doesn't overlap to rules of reality. Also results of science doesn't overlaps the reality. But you are understand the verb from its reverse. You are going to schizophrenia like other losers here and we are loosing you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:10:32 AM by İntikam »