• 387 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Good morning America. Wake up and smell the Trump pump
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
wow, thanks for sharing that. Tragic.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »

I don't do feelings well at all, but that was tricky to write out. I myself felt lonely while writing it for whatever reason.

But your exactly right. 

Tragic

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2017, 06:26:39 PM »

I don't do feelings well at all, but that was tricky to write out. I myself felt lonely while writing it for whatever reason.

But your exactly right. 

Tragic

Feelings aren't my strong point either. Reason same as yours.
You wrote that well.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2017, 11:08:37 PM »
I don't know about you, but I'd hardly call people who are at ideological odds with the departments they are tasked with running, the "right people". If you don't believe in the mission of the EPA or Department of Education, how can you properly run them?
::)
Please, think before you type...

If you believe the education system is broken, do you hire someone who thinks its fine? No, of course you hire the person who wants to change it. You never know they might just make it better :o

If you hire your plumber who comes to fix your leaky pipe for the 100'th time with his sticking plaster technique.... The technique is obviously flawed. Perhaps its time to hire the plumber who swears by a blowtorch and solder.

Understand?
If you have to constantly call out a plumber to fix the same problem, do you instead do an entire remodel to fix a leaky facet?  What DeVost wants could make already failing schools even worse as the best students from those schools move to other betier schools. It also doesn't even begin to help the rural schools where there is one elementary, middle, and high school to serve the whole county, or even a single school to serve the county. They have no choices there.  The Secretary of Education should be focused on ways to make public education the best it possibly can be across the board, not just in suburbia.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2017, 05:54:52 AM »
Trump's tax plan really appears to be a proper tax break for the middle and lower classes. It looks like a single filer making less than 30k/a. will not even pay taxes and only 12% nominal rate on every dollar to 75k/a. Now, if this goes through we will see if tax cuts can actually stimulate the economy and settle it once and for all.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2017, 07:23:00 AM »
I'm worried about his plans to deregulate Wall Street. He wants to let them do the same things that led to the financial collapse in 2008. Did everyone forget about the govt bailing out the banks because they were too big to fail?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
Trump's tax plan really appears to be a proper tax break for the middle and lower classes. It looks like a single filer making less than 30k/a. will not even pay taxes and only 12% nominal rate on every dollar to 75k/a. Now, if this goes through we will see if tax cuts can actually stimulate the economy and settle it once and for all.

Trump could literally line everyone's pocket book with gold and cure cancer, yet the libtards will still label trump as an evil Nazi.

Sad.

(But yes, his tax plan looks good for the average person. I was worried at first, as the original draft looked like it would help people like myself but not the average income which I didn't want. If he helps the average American middle class, then helps business taxes, which would effect me, then I would be happy)

Though the only problem is debt...There has to be a change in government spending, you can't take a pay cut yet keep spending like you didn't. That is why Reagan failed... The people did well, but the country's debt did not.

But your exactly right. 

Tragic

You need to post this on the violence against women thread to show what giving women the power of guilty until proven innocent can do to the innocent. I really wanted to hurt someone while reading that.

I am obviously completely against violence to women, however, giving them too much power leads to this which is equally horrid.

The sad thing is...I bet the bitch didn't feel an ounce of responsibility or mourning for this...Such B.S.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:55:48 AM by Babyhighspeed »
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2017, 10:10:46 AM »
(But yes, his tax plan looks good for the average person. I was worried at first, as the original draft looked like it would help people like myself but not the average income which I didn't want. If he helps the average American middle class, then helps business taxes, which would effect me, then I would be happy)

I think business tax is supposed to be 15% across the board.

Though the only problem is debt...There has to be a change in government spending, you can't take a pay cut yet keep spending like you didn't. That is why Reagan failed... The people did well, but the country's debt did not.

Yeah, this is where I am skeptical too.  This will be a great litmus test for the "lower taxes will increase consumer spending" maxim that conservatives sometimes recite.  Hope it works out for you peeps.  We Canadians, in the meantime, are likely to take a bath on the protectionist leanings of Trump. 

The sad thing is...I bet the bitch didn't feel an ounce of responsibility or mourning for this...Such B.S.

You were so reasonable until this.  No need to go here.  Don't give in to hate! It leads to the dark side!
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2017, 02:36:42 PM »

Last I heard, she finished uni and ironically she was working as a mental health councilor.   

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2017, 04:58:26 AM »
Kellyanne Conway has crossed the line to despicable with this "Bowling Green Massacre" fiasco.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2017, 06:38:44 AM »
Kellyanne Conway has crossed the line to despicable with this "Bowling Green Massacre" fiasco.
But that's not what she meant. She actually meant something completely different and we just misinterpreted the word massacre.

Seriously though, how does anyone have any trust in the information coming out of the White House with alternative facts, the Bowling Green Massacre, and now the list of 78 terror attacks which weren't covered by the media*?  Speaking of that list, how could he possibly reason to include San Bernardino, the Texas plot, the Boston Bombing, the Paris attack on the concert hall and other venues? Those were in the news for weeks.

*except were actually covered extensively in their respective markets, with the larger attacks seeing international coverage.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »
Trump also recently claimed the murder rate was at a 47 year high.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2017, 07:58:09 AM »
Despite it being just under half the rate that it was in 1980.  Is this how the Trump supporters wanted the White House to opperate, by giving out blatantly false facts with the appearance these facts are influencing policy decisions?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #253 on: February 08, 2017, 08:42:43 AM »
The InfoWars president.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2017, 08:48:17 AM »

Nevar forget!

But we finally have a president willing to stand up to the Tyranny of the Australian Empire.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
This is what we get for taking him literally but not seriously.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2017, 10:15:51 PM »

Nevar forget!

But we finally have a president willing to stand up to the Tyranny of the Australian Empire.

Will he help us fight the second emu war?

I actually think we can win this one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

BOTD member

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2017, 10:25:48 PM »

Nevar forget!

Will he help us fight the second emu war?

I actually think we can win this one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

lol.

Oh shit, that's not a joke article.  I think you guys might need a wall of your own.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »

I am obviously completely against violence to women, however, giving them too much power leads to this which is equally horrid.

What in the fuck?

giving them too much power

Whhhaaaaat?   Giving them too much power?

Who cares what some dumb bitch thinks, right?

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2017, 01:17:58 AM »

BOTD member

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2017, 02:05:47 AM »

What in the fuck?

Here we go again apparently... I dealt with it respectfully last time.

Anyways, read the whole damn post next time, which obviously stated the entire purpose instead of just cherry picking something. Such as guilty until proven innocent etc.

Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

DuckDodgers

« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2017, 06:17:50 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829356871848951809

The @POTUS account retweeted this gem from Trump's official account. I've never known a president to blast a company for no longer carrying a specific line of product.  Are those of us who were afraid he would try to use the presidency to further his business goals starting to be heard by the Trumpeters?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2017, 06:22:14 AM »

What in the fuck?

Here we go again apparently... I dealt with it respectfully last time.

Anyways, read the whole damn post next time, which obviously stated the entire purpose instead of just cherry picking something. Such as guilty until proven innocent etc.

He obviously did read the whole post.  He had to to do this chop job.  He is just trolling.  Netflix and chill.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/318327-appeals-court-rejects-trump-on-travel-ban

Roper: So now you'd give the Devil benefit of law!
More: Yes. What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
Roper: I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country's planted thick with laws from coast to coast — man's laws, not God's — and if you cut them down — and you're just the man to do it — d'you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake.

-A Man for All Seasons

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/318327-appeals-court-rejects-trump-on-travel-ban

Roper: So now you'd give the Devil benefit of law!
More: Yes. What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
Roper: I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country's planted thick with laws from coast to coast — man's laws, not God's — and if you cut them down — and you're just the man to do it — d'you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake.

-A Man for All Seasons

They say the secret to good whiskey and wisdom are the same, proper aging.

Happy birthday again mate.
BOTD member

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #265 on: February 21, 2017, 06:05:15 AM »
Master Evar, what did happen in Sweden on Friday night? Lol

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2017, 06:21:52 AM »
Nothing. Everyone here's asking the same thing.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #267 on: February 21, 2017, 06:27:47 AM »
Apparently Trump was actually talking about a Fox News report which aired that night, but here's a list of significant things that actually happened by one of our news-sites/papers (and helpfully, written in english):

3:24 PM (local time): A man set himself on fire at Sergels torg, a plaza in central Stockholm. He was taken to the hospital with severe burns. There is so far no information on his motives but the intelligence service is not part of the investigation.

6:42 PM: The famous singer Owe Thörnqvist had some technical problems during rehearsal for the singing competition ”Melodifestivalen”. (However, the 87 year old singer still managed to secure the victory the very next day.)

8:23 PM: A man died in hospital, after an accident in the workplace earlier that day in the city of Borås.

8:46 PM: Due to harsh weather in the northern parts of Sweden the road E10 was closed between Katterjåkk and Riksgränsen. Due to strong winds and snow in the region the Met office also issued an avalanche warning.

12:17 AM: Police officers initiated a chase for a fleeing Peugeot through central parts of the Swedish capital of Stockholm. The pursuit ended in police officers ramming the suspect at Engelbrektsgatan. The driver is now accused of driving under the influence, traffic violation and car theft.

IN LIGHTER NEWS:

11:23 AM: Ok, let’s not be fake news, this story took place in the autumn, but was reported Friday before lunch and we thought you would like it. A wooden moose got the attention of a lovesick moose bull. It all happened in 79 year old Ove Lindqvist’s garden in Byske outside Skellefteå, northern Sweden. ”I thought it was going to start a fight, instead it humped the wooden moose thrice”, he said.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/Vn17J/in-english-this-happened-in-sweden-friday-night-mr-president

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2017, 07:23:47 AM »
A wooden moose got the attention of a lovesick moose bull. It all happened in 79 year old Ove Lindqvist’s garden in Byske outside Skellefteå, northern Sweden. ”I thought it was going to start a fight, instead it humped the wooden moose thrice”, he said.

>:(

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
A wooden moose got the attention of a lovesick moose bull. It all happened in 79 year old Ove Lindqvist’s garden in Byske outside Skellefteå, northern Sweden. ”I thought it was going to start a fight, instead it humped the wooden moose thrice”, he said.

>:(
The moose bull, truly the king of the forest!

When in doubt; sources!